Losses Vs. Gains Comparison
-
the same heir apparent that didn't beat out alex smith for the starting job 2 years in a row? And didn't get his shot until smiths play was suffering and got injured. And since the pistol read option was really becoming successful in the league, Kap was the obvious choice at that point.
Also I went through the list and gave you examples that you quickly dismiss...
the same heir apparent that didn't beat out alex smith for the starting job 2 years in a row? And didn't get his shot until smiths play was suffering and got injured. And since the pistol read option was really becoming successful in the league, Kap was the obvious choice at that point.
Also I went through the list and gave you examples that you quickly dismiss...
Soooo you are saying franchise qbs are no big deal. If one goes down, throw another guy in and the team will function in identical fashion. A statement im sure you know is insane.
-
2012 - 8-8
Now what exactly has happened to the roster since last year to put them at 7-9?
Well, first of all, you were one bounce of the football from being 7-9 last year.
I still don't see anything impressive at running back, and you let your best long-ball threat go, and your tight end is getting long in the tooth so ... your weapons aren't better.
Even Steeler fans will admit that some of the recent draft picks along the offensive line are looking less than sterling.
Defensively, you still have the best DC in the business, but you are relying on a lot of 30+ starters ... including three in the secondary. I'm not saying they can't play anymore ... I'm saying old guys get injured.
I like your linebackers, Ben's a dickhead but he's a playmaker, so you'll win some games. 8-8 ish would be a good goal. Probably 7-9. Just getting too old. Plus both Ohio teams looks much improved.
Zombo
I agree with everything you said here except the backfield comment. Bell has mad skills and I think he suits the AFC north, maybe a bit of a homer towards him since we went to the same H.S. but I think he's a definite upgrade. The Steelers are just getting older and the ohio teams in the division are finally starting to catch up. Very well said.
Zombo said:
Well, first of all, you were one bounce of the football from being 7-9 last year.
I still don't see anything impressive at running back, and you let your best long-ball threat go, and your tight end is getting long in the tooth so ... your weapons aren't better.
Even Steeler fans will admit that some of the recent draft picks along the offensive line are looking less than sterling.
Defensively, you still have the best DC in the business, but you are relying on a lot of 30+ starters ... including three in the secondary. I'm not saying they can't play anymore ... I'm saying old guys get injured.
I like your linebackers, Ben's a dickhead but he's a playmaker, so you'll win some games. 8-8 ish would be a good goal. Probably 7-9. Just getting too old. Plus both Ohio teams looks much improved.
Zombo
-
ben roethlisberger looks like a huge troll from 'the hobbit' series of movies getting attacked from all sides and trying to throw off defenders from his body as if they were little car clowns from the circus.
it's amazing how long he holds onto the ball peels half of these guys off his body and can still complete a pass.
but the time on thaqt is running out as DCs know how to attack him sending the guys into knock him around, knock the ball out of his hand or just plain hurt him.
without him you have no shot whatsoever.
I'm a Browns fan, but Ben looks worst than Weeden, who looks like a country bumpkin actor from The Real McCoys?! Ben is also a lot smarter than Weeden.
Skeptical2013 said:
Ben is also a lot smarter than Weeden.
well it depends on whether or not you think ohio U gives out a better edumacation than ok state. let's compare:
one college verges on the border of kentucky and west virginia and the other.....well is in oklahoma.
let's hope we're not setting our hopes up for a doctor/scientist to come up with a cure for cancer from any one of those 2 busted ass schools.
they should be called ohio riverrats or whiskey runner and the oklahoma state tumbleweeds or sister fuckers.
i betcha they both got a diploma with a major in ass tinkering.
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Ben is also a lot smarter than Weeden.
well it depends on whether or not you think ohio U gives out a better edumacation than ok state. let's compare:
one college verges on the border of kentucky and west virginia and the other.....well is in oklahoma.
let's hope we're not setting our hopes up for a doctor/scientist to come up with a cure for cancer from any one of those 2 busted ass schools.
they should be called ohio riverrats or whiskey runner and the oklahoma state tumbleweeds or sister fuckers.
i betcha they both got a diploma with a major in ass tinkering.
well it depends on whether or not you think ohio U gives out a better edumacation than ok state. let's compare:
one college verges on the border of kentucky and west virginia and the other.....well is in oklahoma.
let's hope we're not setting our hopes up for a doctor/scientist to come up with a cure for cancer from any one of those 2 busted ass schools.
they should be called ohio riverrats or whiskey runner and the oklahoma state tumbleweeds or sister fuckers.
i betcha they both got a diploma with a major in ass tinkering.
As a long time professional working for some great companies, my experience is that people from Ohio universities and colleges were preferred over people from much better known colleges elsewhere in America and did very well in a lot of key assignments. I've been around and despite what some may think, Ohio high schools are good and so are nearly all the colleges.
In my opinion Miami of Ohio, where Ben went to school, is a far superior university to Oklahoma State.
-
We follow our rivals just fine. We just don't overrate them like you do.
Heyward and Worilds have played some....and at a very average level.
And you are right, you have no idea how Bell and Thomas will play (nor how Jones or any other rookie will play). They could be good, they could be mediocre, they could be bad.
Gipper you have proven time and time again you know nothing about the other teams in the divison. If you didnt have google you wouldnt even be able to act like you do. Worilds and heyward have also played better than average and 34 dlinemen are there.to occupy blocks not rack up crazy sack totals. Please just stop acting like you know what you are talking about, the charade has outstayed its welcome.
Gipper you have proven time and time again you know nothing about the other teams in the divison. If you didnt have google you wouldnt even be able to act like you do. Worilds and heyward have also played better than average and 34 dlinemen are there.to occupy blocks not rack up crazy sack totals. Please just stop acting like you know what you are talking about, the charade has outstayed its welcome.
Worils and Heyward can't even start for their team. They are or were rotational players. They may have to become starters this season however given the Steelers losses on the DL.
And I will challenge you to ask anyone on who they think knows more about what I am talking about....and whose charade has worn out it welcome.
And I get my information from the same damn place you do: tv, paper, internet.
You have no access to anything I don't.
The only thing you do that I don't do?: overrate the players on your team.
-
well it depends on whether or not you think ohio U gives out a better edumacation than ok state. let's compare:
one college verges on the border of kentucky and west virginia and the other.....well is in oklahoma.
let's hope we're not setting our hopes up for a doctor/scientist to come up with a cure for cancer from any one of those 2 busted ass schools.
they should be called ohio riverrats or whiskey runner and the oklahoma state tumbleweeds or sister fuckers.
i betcha they both got a diploma with a major in ass tinkering.
As a long time professional working for some great companies, my experience is that people from Ohio universities and colleges were preferred over people from much better known colleges elsewhere in America and did very well in a lot of key assignments. I've been around and despite what some may think, Ohio high schools are good and so are nearly all the colleges.
In my opinion Miami of Ohio, where Ben went to school, is a far superior university to Oklahoma State.
Skeptical2013 said:
As a long time professional working for some great companies, my experience is that people from Ohio universities and colleges were preferred over people from much better known colleges elsewhere in America and did very well in a lot of key assignments. I've been around and despite what some may think, Ohio high schools are good and so are nearly all the colleges.
In my opinion Miami of Ohio, where Ben went to school, is a far superior university to Oklahoma State.
I agree with you here. As an academic school, Miami is superior.
However, overall, as a producer of NFL football talent, the Big 12 school is generally going to have it over the MAC.
But, there are exceptions. At this point no one would rightfully claim that BW3 of OK St. is a better QB than BR of Miami, Oh.
But...hopefully he will begin to approach that capabilty.
OK St. has produced one of the greatest RBs in NFL history...Barry Sanders. But, with QBs, not so good. Prior to Weeden the best QB to come out of OK St. was Rusty Hilger. Not quite your star power.
In fact, in one year Weeden has more starts and has thrown for more yards than Hilger did his entire career, which wasn't all that long...3 with Oakland, one with Detroit, one with Indy.....14 starts, about 2500 career yards. 11 TDs.
Yeah, after one year Weeden is already the best NFL QB in OK St. history
-
Gipper you have proven time and time again you know nothing about the other teams in the divison. If you didnt have google you wouldnt even be able to act like you do. Worilds and heyward have also played better than average and 34 dlinemen are there.to occupy blocks not rack up crazy sack totals. Please just stop acting like you know what you are talking about, the charade has outstayed its welcome.
Worils and Heyward can't even start for their team. They are or were rotational players. They may have to become starters this season however given the Steelers losses on the DL.
And I will challenge you to ask anyone on who they think knows more about what I am talking about....and whose charade has worn out it welcome.
And I get my information from the same damn place you do: tv, paper, internet.
You have no access to anything I don't.
The only thing you do that I don't do?: overrate the players on your team.
Worils and Heyward can't even start for their team. They are or were rotational players. They may have to become starters this season however given the Steelers losses on the DL.
And I will challenge you to ask anyone on who they think knows more about what I am talking about....and whose charade has worn out it welcome.
And I get my information from the same damn place you do: tv, paper, internet.
You have no access to anything I don't.
The only thing you do that I don't do?: overrate the players on your team.
Gipper the difference is i pay attention to the other teams during the season and you are apparently Capt. Tunnel vision. There is a pretty big difference between you and I, I know the division and the rest of the league, you clearly don't. As far as Worilds is concerned he has been playing behind James Harrison and Lamar Woodley. I wonder why he wasn't getting starter reps lol. Heyward has had Keisel in his way and he's been rotating with Hood while he learned the defense. A defense that is traditionally very hard to learn which is why it's rare to see a rookie get significant playing time.
-
Worils and Heyward can't even start for their team. They are or were rotational players. They may have to become starters this season however given the Steelers losses on the DL.
And I will challenge you to ask anyone on who they think knows more about what I am talking about....and whose charade has worn out it welcome.
And I get my information from the same damn place you do: tv, paper, internet.
You have no access to anything I don't.
The only thing you do that I don't do?: overrate the players on your team.
Gipper the difference is i pay attention to the other teams during the season and you are apparently Capt. Tunnel vision. There is a pretty big difference between you and I, I know the division and the rest of the league, you clearly don't. As far as Worilds is concerned he has been playing behind James Harrison and Lamar Woodley. I wonder why he wasn't getting starter reps lol. Heyward has had Keisel in his way and he's been rotating with Hood while he learned the defense. A defense that is traditionally very hard to learn which is why it's rare to see a rookie get significant playing time.
Gipper the difference is i pay attention to the other teams during the season and you are apparently Capt. Tunnel vision. There is a pretty big difference between you and I, I know the division and the rest of the league, you clearly don't
Oh, and yet it was I and NOT you who did a complete comparative analysis of ever single position, every single starter and backup at every position in the AFCN.
And all you had to offer was criticism on one position where your man crush on a guy with hair that makes him look like a chick fails to allow you to see the facts about him.
You don't have more information than I do, you just have a fucked up opinion that differs from mine...and everyone elses. And you think that your ignorant opinion constitutes fact. It don't.
. As far as Worilds is concerned he has been playing behind James Harrison and Lamar Woodley. I wonder why he wasn't getting starter reps lol. Heyward has had Keisel in his way and he's been rotating with Hood while he learned the defense. A defense that is traditionally very hard to learn which is why it's rare to see a rookie get significant playing time.
Like I said, they were rotational players. All you are doing is mimicking me when talking about your own team.
-
the same heir apparent that didn't beat out alex smith for the starting job 2 years in a row? And didn't get his shot until smiths play was suffering and got injured. And since the pistol read option was really becoming successful in the league, Kap was the obvious choice at that point.
Also I went through the list and gave you examples that you quickly dismiss...
Soooo you are saying franchise qbs are no big deal. If one goes down, throw another guy in and the team will function in identical fashion. A statement im sure you know is insane.
-
dam your slow.
Im saying that its not necessarily end of season if your... never mind your a dumbass.
Big Ben goes down the Steelers aren't going to the Super Bowl. Manning goes down, Brady goes down, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, RGII, Drew Brees etc, etc, etc. Sure you can win some games but you aren't going to push for a title. The year Cassel led the Patriots to a 11-5 record I'm fairly certain (I'd have to double check) they were one and done and they were one and done because Cassel couldn't cut the mustard when it mattered most. Sooooo yes when a franchise qb goes down or in my fandom's case if and when Ben gets injured in serious fashion the season is most likely over. However in Pittsburgh going one and done is a bad season.
Gipper you went to NFL.com or whatever resource you used and just plugged guys in at each position. Your analysis was basically null and void, just a rank order and when you did talk about why someone was ranked where they were ranked it was vague and clouded with orange. People think I have a self inflated opinion, you think everything that exits your mouth is gospel and when you do ask for additional opinions you very rarely process and reanalyze anything anyway. Worilds has played when Harrison or Woodley got injured and over the course i believe 10 starts he has 10 sacks. Heyward was never expected to come in and start immediately and rookies VERY rarely do in that defense anyway. As i've said in at least one other thread the predicted demise of the Steelers on this board is always premature. Vegas has them at pretty good odds to push for the Bowl and they only play the odds. It's time you give it a rest OR actually provide some real analysis when you attempt to break down the rosters, not just "oh he's old" or simply repeating what you've read on site X.
-
20/1 odds of winning the superbowl.
speaking of betting you ready to place a bet with mik and I?
-
20/1 odds of winning the superbowl.
speaking of betting you ready to place a bet with mik and I?
20/1 odds of winning the superbowl.
speaking of betting you ready to place a bet with mik and I?
really. i'm like what rhianna called j.r. smith of the knicks....a desert thirsty N (word).
just a six pack between friends. anything less than $20. cuz i suck at gamblin and don't want to get beat up by my girl.
-
Skeptical2013 said:
As a long time professional working for some great companies, my experience is that people from Ohio universities and colleges were preferred over people from much better known colleges elsewhere in America and did very well in a lot of key assignments. I've been around and despite what some may think, Ohio high schools are good and so are nearly all the colleges.
In my opinion Miami of Ohio, where Ben went to school, is a far superior university to Oklahoma State.
I agree with you here. As an academic school, Miami is superior.
However, overall, as a producer of NFL football talent, the Big 12 school is generally going to have it over the MAC.
But, there are exceptions. At this point no one would rightfully claim that BW3 of OK St. is a better QB than BR of Miami, Oh.
But...hopefully he will begin to approach that capabilty.
OK St. has produced one of the greatest RBs in NFL history...Barry Sanders. But, with QBs, not so good. Prior to Weeden the best QB to come out of OK St. was Rusty Hilger. Not quite your star power.
In fact, in one year Weeden has more starts and has thrown for more yards than Hilger did his entire career, which wasn't all that long...3 with Oakland, one with Detroit, one with Indy.....14 starts, about 2500 career yards. 11 TDs.
Yeah, after one year Weeden is already the best NFL QB in OK St. history
I agree with you here. As an academic school, Miami is superior.
However, overall, as a producer of NFL football talent, the Big 12 school is generally going to have it over the MAC.
But, there are exceptions. At this point no one would rightfully claim that BW3 of OK St. is a better QB than BR of Miami, Oh.
But...hopefully he will begin to approach that capabilty.
OK St. has produced one of the greatest RBs in NFL history...Barry Sanders. But, with QBs, not so good. Prior to Weeden the best QB to come out of OK St. was Rusty Hilger. Not quite your star power.
In fact, in one year Weeden has more starts and has thrown for more yards than Hilger did his entire career, which wasn't all that long...3 with Oakland, one with Detroit, one with Indy.....14 starts, about 2500 career yards. 11 TDs.
Yeah, after one year Weeden is already the best NFL QB in OK St. history
It's often hard to read the quality of players who come from the Big 12. There are many great athletes in the Big 12 but the defenses are so bad one has to factor that in when evaluating QB success. But RGIII was a Big 12 QB so the conference can and does produce some good QBs. The one thing I remember about Brandon Weeden at OSU is that he made many great throws -- often in the clutch. Remember his team beat Baylor and Stanford, for example, and he was a big part of it. It just seemed that a lot of Weeden's difficulty in 2012 was nerves. Hopefully with a year under his belt he'll be more settled inthe pocket and that will lead to better decision making and more accurate throws. Either that, or he'll be sitting on the bench.
-
20/1 odds of winning the superbowl.
speaking of betting you ready to place a bet with mik and I?
really. i'm like what rhianna called j.r. smith of the knicks....a desert thirsty N (word).
just a six pack between friends. anything less than $20. cuz i suck at gamblin and don't want to get beat up by my girl.
really. i'm like what rhianna called j.r. smith of the knicks....a desert thirsty N (word).
just a six pack between friends. anything less than $20. cuz i suck at gamblin and don't want to get beat up by my girl.
Im in for both bets. The bet is the steelers finish under .500? Im obviously saying they finish over.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login