New 2014 Nfl Mock Draft
-
yes this thread is VERY premature but wtf else we got to talk about?
i think we will be improved on defense. like i had said in another thread somewhere though, you better hope those receivers and RBs don't get past the front 7.
i think gordon and little (benjamin here and there) are going to have break out seasons IF (IF fucking IF) brandon weeden can get them the ball on time and target.
i'm at least hoping for a 9 and 7 season. if not: FAIL.
yes this thread is VERY premature but wtf else we got to talk about?
i think we will be improved on defense. like i had said in another thread somewhere though, you better hope those receivers and RBs don't get past the front 7.
i think gordon and little (benjamin here and there) are going to have break out seasons IF (IF fucking IF) brandon weeden can get them the ball on time and target.
i'm at least hoping for a 9 and 7 season. if not: FAIL.
Now before everyone jumps my ass for comparing the packers to the browns I'm not.
But compare what the packers had last year.
Good group of wr.
Running back by committee not so good.
TE. Finley was playing hurt all year and seemed to suck.
Qb. Double check
O line good.
Defense couldn't get pressure may be Cappers game planning.
CB well couldn't cover shit possibly lack of pass
Safety good.
Look at what we had and have and what our weak spots are.
Rb.check
Oline good.
TE. Weak.
Qb. ?
Wr. Decent to good. Added depth if nothing else.
Defense pass rush addressed. D-line strong.
Corners good and unknown, same with safety.
Browns have a Slow start but finish strong 7 wins minimum 9 max.
-
I don't think Clowney falls that far
I don't think Lewan falls that far
I don't think Manziel is that high
I don't think the Browns take a QB
-
I don't think Clowney falls that far
I don't think Lewan falls that far
I don't think Manziel is that high
I don't think the Browns take a QB
I don't think the Browns take a QB
if weeden fails this year you better believe we take a QB.
and it will be the do or die pick of mike lombardi's 2nd tenure in cleveland.
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Right on target. Browns need to substantially upgrade the talent level in the secondary. Gipson is a throwaway safety and it would have been nice to have made that trade with te Rams and then select a top drawer free safety like Elam. Vaccaro sure would have looked good in the secondary. If the Browns can solidify that secondary they could have one of the best defenses in pro football.
You are just being a big name jock sniffer. Gipson very possibly may turn out to be a better FS than either of the "names" you mention. He played well after being put in there, and there is great room for improvement.
You are just looking for a name to root for....not a player who can perform.
Incredibly stupid and puzzling they gave away those 4th and 5th round picks.
Browns fans are tired of these long range plans and I guess a fan blastedLombardi about that the other night in Canton where he spoke.
No, not Browns fans....just YOU, idjit. They didn't give them away, they improved them.
I expect Clowney to be the #1 pick if he is healthy and has a good 2013 college season because he's one of the best players I've ever seen at the college level, a man among boys in the SEC, and all the pro teams know he is going to be a huge force in the NFL. Browns big needs in the next draft: QB, FS, CB, WR, LB. I think the OL will be pretty set. I hope Weeden pans out because maybe they'll go get Lee from USC who I think is going to be a star. Browns don't really have a star game-breaker at WR.
I can only conclude that you are A. not paying any attention or B. stuck in a time warp.
Weeden may be All Pro and throw for 40 TDs, Gipson may make the Pro Bowl, McFadden could be defensive rookie of the year. Josh Gordon may become the next best thing to Jerry Rice. We just got 2 top line LBs.
You really need to see the Wizard to get yourself a brain. Why don't we wait until they actually play this season until we start talking about what they need in next years draft.
If you think Gipson has stronger skills and athleticism than Vaccaro and Elam then, truly, you spend most of your day intaking some very strong substances. Gipson was the 21st rated safety in the 2012 draft. He's not a bad player, would make a nice backup player, but not a top flight starter on a team that wants to have an elite defense
Browns just got two top line LBs? Many say Kruger and Mingo are both highly overrated. I think the answer is in the middle between them and your overblown euphoria. Neither is going to make the big impact in 2013 that you expect, although both should have some quality moments. .
Also, Josh Gordon is no Jerry Rice, Brandon Weeden is no Brett Favre and McFadden is no Revis. There is reality and then there is your view of the Cleveland Browns. The facts are that the Browns will be an improved team in 2013 but Lombardi really blew it in this draft letting their competition in the tough AFC Central put more distance between themselves and the Browns by taking advantage of a strong lower round talent pool they perceived in the draft while Lombadi's opinion of the talent pool was totally opposite his counterparts at Pittsburgh, Cincy and Baltimore. Now I wonder who has the better track record in evaluating talent? Lombardi or the GMs at Pitts., Cincy and Baltimore. I live in reality. Clearly you live in a Turman Show like world with Mr. Lombardi and his belief that hoarding those two draft picks is going to get him a shot at Terry Bridgewater. It's all science ficiton!!!.
Skeptical2013 said:
If you think Gipson has stronger skills and athleticism than Vaccaro and Elam then, truly, you spend most of your day intaking some very strong substances. Gipson was the 21st rated safety in the 2012 draft. He's not a bad player, would make a nice backup player, but not a top flight starter on a team that wants to have an elite defense
Again, you are just going by somebodies ranking...and not by performance of production. Based on his performance/production this past season, if he has been put back into the 2013 draft, he very well may have been a 2d or 3rd round draft pick.
ALL you are looking at is the fact that he was a UDFA the year before. THAT is your complete basis for your opinion.
Might Elam and Vaccaro turn out better than Gipson? Sure.
But where did Elam and Vaccaro even come into this conversation? Those guys were first round picks. The Browns had already taken Mingo....and by the time their next turn came up...in the third round....or the 4th/5th rounders that were traded Elam and Vaccaro were long off the board.
Your real question should be: Is Gipson as good or better than someone the Browns could have taken in the 4th or 5th round....and the answer very well may be YES.
Is Gipson better than Shamarko Thomas or Baccari Rambo...again, that answer very well may be YES
Browns just got two top line LBs? Many say Kruger and Mingo are both highly overrated. I think the answer is in the middle between them and your overblown euphoria. Neither is going to make the big impact in 2013 that you expect, although both should have some quality moments. .
The point is, the Browns HAVE invested heavily now in the LB corps.....so logic dictates that that position will probably NOT be a high priority for them in next year's draft. Though, I suspect that logic never comes into the conversations you have with yourself.
Also, Josh Gordon is no Jerry Rice,
Well, who is? Nevertheless, Gordon could be a fine Pro Bowl caliber WR for a long time. The potential is there. If you don't see that, you are a fool.
Brandon Weeden is no Brett Favre
No, but he could also possibly end up being of Pro Bowl caliber. You have NO clue about that any more than I do. Sniffing celebrity jocks doesn't give you any insight into talent.
and McFadden is no Revis.
No one knew that Revis was going to be Revis til he played a few years. And Revis is no longer Revis after his surgeries. That doesn't mean McFadden may not be a find. (besides...I said he could be Defensive rookie of the year candidate...not Darrell Revis.
There is reality and then there is your view of the Cleveland Browns.
More like: there is reality, and then their is my view of the Cleveland Browns and then there is your view of the Cleveland Browns. If Earth is reality, then maybe I am on Mars, but you are on Pluto.
The facts are that the Browns will be an improved team in 2013 but Lombardi really blew it in this draft letting their competition in the tough AFC Central put more distance between themselves and the Browns by taking advantage of a strong lower round talent pool they perceived in the draft while Lombadi's opinion of the talent pool was totally opposite his counterparts at Pittsburgh, Cincy and Baltimore.
Maybe true, maybe not. That all remains to be seen. And unless your name if fucking Nostradamus you have no clue what the future will be or how this move will turn out.
Now I wonder who has the better track record in evaluating talent? Lombardi or the GMs at Pitts., Cincy and Baltimore.
The only intelligent thing you have said in a month. Yea, the track record for those others is far better than Lombardi's, no argument.
But, there is always hope.
I live in reality. Clearly you live in a Turman Show like world with Mr. Lombardi and his belief that hoarding those two draft picks is going to get him a shot at Terry Bridgewater. It's all science ficiton!!!.
You live in the land of celebrity jock sniffing...and the land of what YOU want and what YOU think....and no one cares to visit you there.
And what I believe that Lombardi wanted was the chance to allow HIS people to be involved in the selecting of those future draft choices because he didn't want to leave those choices to his predecessor's crew.
It was an ego thing really. And yes, it can be viewed as untrustworthy. I doubt it had anything to do with Bridgewater
-
I don't think the Browns take a QB
if weeden fails this year you better believe we take a QB.
and it will be the do or die pick of mike lombardi's 2nd tenure in cleveland.
if weeden fails this year you better believe we take a QB.
and it will be the do or die pick of mike lombardi's 2nd tenure in cleveland.
Browns will take a QB in the first or second rounds next season. Keep an eye on the kid at Fresno State this season. He may be a target if Boyd and Bridgewater aren't available on the draft board for Cleveland. I Like Taj Body but I worry about his injury problems.
-
Fales will also go in the top10 next year. Although nearly half of all NFL plays "break down," I'd still rather have a strong-armed QB over a scrambler like Manziel. Manziel simply doesn't have an NFL arm today.
-
Won't be picking anywhere near top ten next year, Probably around 20. I'm changing my preseason prediction from 7-9 to 9-7. Weeden pulls head out of ass, and with an outstanding O line, Richardson Little and Gordon destroy defenses
-
Won't be picking anywhere near top ten next year, Probably around 20. I'm changing my preseason prediction from 7-9 to 9-7. Weeden pulls head out of ass, and with an outstanding O line, Richardson Little and Gordon destroy defenses
Won't be picking anywhere near top ten next year, Probably around 20. I'm changing my preseason prediction from 7-9 to 9-7. Weeden pulls head out of ass, and with an outstanding O line, Richardson Little and Gordon destroy defenses
Meanwhile, the QBs and receivers of other teams will destroy the Browns and their weak secondary, maybe the worst in the NFL.
-
Won't be picking anywhere near top ten next year, Probably around 20. I'm changing my preseason prediction from 7-9 to 9-7. Weeden pulls head out of ass, and with an outstanding O line, Richardson Little and Gordon destroy defenses
Meanwhile, the QBs and receivers of other teams will destroy the Browns and their weak secondary, maybe the worst in the NFL.
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Meanwhile, the QBs and receivers of other teams will destroy the Browns and their weak secondary, maybe the worst in the NFL.
How do you feel about the Browns secondary?
Zombo
--we're not quite sure
Zombo said:
How do you feel about the Browns secondary?
Zombo
--we're not quite sure
LOL! I think Haden is a good player. Ward is an athlete who is a hard hitter but can't cover anybody. McFadden is really going to struggle as a rookie and against big receivers, Te free safety is just OK, and not the difference maker threat like Ed Reed in his prime you'd like to see back there. But the biggest problem of all is lack of depth. If anybody gets hurt --and they will -- there is nothing, and I mean nothing of quality to back them up. It's like an army whose front line troops get depleted and the reserves are old men and women incapable of holding the line. Some games will reall ybe ugly again for the Browns and their fans as the opposition hits on big plays and wins games as a result. Despite a better pas rush, it'll be more of the same.
The point is: the opposition offensive coordinator knows Horton will be aggresive with the pass rush. Other offensive coordinators are not dumb -- they will counter that with their own moves, taking advantage of Browns weaknesses in the secondary and against the run. Game, set, match.
Hopefully, after all this happens, they will use the 2014 draft and FA period to add QUALITY depth in the secondary and at the ILB position, too.
-
Zombo said:
How do you feel about the Browns secondary?
Zombo
--we're not quite sure
LOL! I think Haden is a good player. Ward is an athlete who is a hard hitter but can't cover anybody. McFadden is really going to struggle as a rookie and against big receivers, Te free safety is just OK, and not the difference maker threat like Ed Reed in his prime you'd like to see back there. But the biggest problem of all is lack of depth. If anybody gets hurt --and they will -- there is nothing, and I mean nothing of quality to back them up. It's like an army whose front line troops get depleted and the reserves are old men and women incapable of holding the line. Some games will reall ybe ugly again for the Browns and their fans as the opposition hits on big plays and wins games as a result. Despite a better pas rush, it'll be more of the same.
The point is: the opposition offensive coordinator knows Horton will be aggresive with the pass rush. Other offensive coordinators are not dumb -- they will counter that with their own moves, taking advantage of Browns weaknesses in the secondary and against the run. Game, set, match.
Hopefully, after all this happens, they will use the 2014 draft and FA period to add QUALITY depth in the secondary and at the ILB position, too.
Skeptical2013 said:
LOL! I think Haden is a good player. Ward is an athlete who is a hard hitter but can't cover anybody. McFadden is really going to struggle as a rookie and against big receivers, Te free safety is just OK, and not the difference maker threat like Ed Reed in his prime you'd like to see back there. But the biggest problem of all is lack of depth. If anybody gets hurt --and they will -- there is nothing, and I mean nothing of quality to back them up. It's like an army whose front line troops get depleted and the reserves are old men and women incapable of holding the line. Some games will reall ybe ugly again for the Browns and their fans as the opposition hits on big plays and wins games as a result. Despite a better pas rush, it'll be more of the same.
The point is: the opposition offensive coordinator knows Horton will be aggresive with the pass rush. Other offensive coordinators are not dumb -- they will counter that with their own moves, taking advantage of Browns weaknesses in the secondary and against the run. Game, set, match.
Hopefully, after all this happens, they will use the 2014 draft and FA period to add QUALITY depth in the secondary and at the ILB position, too.
And if you are wrong, you must change your screen name to turd swallower (or maybe Z should just do it for you now)
Open wide. -
Skeptical2013 said:
LOL! I think Haden is a good player. Ward is an athlete who is a hard hitter but can't cover anybody. McFadden is really going to struggle as a rookie and against big receivers, Te free safety is just OK, and not the difference maker threat like Ed Reed in his prime you'd like to see back there. But the biggest problem of all is lack of depth. If anybody gets hurt --and they will -- there is nothing, and I mean nothing of quality to back them up. It's like an army whose front line troops get depleted and the reserves are old men and women incapable of holding the line. Some games will reall ybe ugly again for the Browns and their fans as the opposition hits on big plays and wins games as a result. Despite a better pas rush, it'll be more of the same.
The point is: the opposition offensive coordinator knows Horton will be aggresive with the pass rush. Other offensive coordinators are not dumb -- they will counter that with their own moves, taking advantage of Browns weaknesses in the secondary and against the run. Game, set, match.
Hopefully, after all this happens, they will use the 2014 draft and FA period to add QUALITY depth in the secondary and at the ILB position, too.
And if you are wrong, you must change your screen name to turd swallower (or maybe Z should just do it for you now)
Open wide.And if you are wrong, you must change your screen name to turd swallower (or maybe Z should just do it for you now)
Open wide.The depressing thing is, Skeptical is claiming so many things will go wrong, that inevitably some of his 'predictions' will come true. We're not going to fix every single problem on the football team in a single off-season - it can't be done on a team with as many holes as we had!
-
I think Haden is a good player.
I'm glad you agree with the rest of the world. He's a very good player.
Ward is an athlete who is a hard hitter but can't cover anybody.
Not just a hard hitter but a good tackler and certainly athletic enough to cover tight ends and running backs out of the backfield. He's kind of a prototypical strong safety actually.
McFadden is really going to struggle as a rookie and against big receivers,
How do you know? We can agree he is a question mark at this point, but I'm certainly glad they addressed the position with our second pick in the draft.
Te free safety is just OK, and not the difference maker threat like Ed Reed in his prime you'd like to see back there.
I didn't know Ed Reed in his prime was available in the draft or free agency. Yes, 32 teams would like Ed Reed in his prime at free safety. But 32 teams don't have that right now. Kinda picky aren't you?
But the biggest problem of all is lack of depth. If anybody gets hurt --and they will -- there is nothing, and I mean nothing of quality to back them up.
I agree someone will get hurt, but not sure why you hate our depth so much.
Buster Skrine (yes, i know you think he is garbage) I don't like as a starter but I like him covering the slot. He has good quickness and is a sure tackler.
Chris Owens has been a role player on a good defense and a playoff team the past four years. Yes, the Falcons gave up on him,, but for a fourth corner (If he is not beat out by Wade or one of the street F/As) he has good experience and speed.
To me Johnson Bademosi is the most intriguing of the depth players. He looked like he knew what he was doing when he filled in at corner in an emergency situation last year, but I really like him as a cover safety, he's got enough size, speed and cover skills to make it in this league and supposedly a "gym rat" mentality too.
Then there is the safety from Notre Dame and the street free agents ... I think our depth is similar to what you would find on other NFL teams except for one thing: Among both our Starters AND our depth, no one is older than 26.
We've got a lot of young, healthy bodies that can play in this league. Keep hating them, I'm really interested to see these players develop in this scheme.
Zombo
-
Skeptical2013 said:
I've seen a lot of Boyd's games -- very erratic for awhile but pretty good QB now that he has gained more experience and he is an intelligent and determined guy, too. Good leader from what I have seen and heard. Might be worth a shot . I would stay away from Manziel. I don't think he'll be a great pro QB. Bridgewater, on the other hand, has a chance to be a really good one. But there are some other QBs -- two from the west coast in particular -- who may be first round worthy that the Browns may be interested in.
Bottom line: the top two QBs will be gone by the time the Browns draft. and Lombardi will be seen distraught in the draft room because he'll still have those two extra draft picks that should have been cashed in for the 2013 season.
But the best player in the 2014 draft -- by far -- is Clowney, who reminds me a lot of the kind of once in a generation talent that Lawrence Taylor was. If he stays healthy, he's a sure fire future HOFer in my opinion.
Browns need to figure out how to get a quality free safety and tight end in the draft next year. And I'd sure love to see a premier receiver like Lee in that lineup.
Thanks for the reply man. Part of me wants to downvote Manziel because he's small and his arm isn't spectacular but he just keeps proving people wrong. We'll see how he does this year but I'm sure some team is going to fall in love with him. As far as your west coast QBs, I'm not a fan of the UCLA kid, I don't think his arm is big enough. Who else were you thinking of?
Thanks for the reply man. Part of me wants to downvote Manziel because he's small and his arm isn't spectacular but he just keeps proving people wrong. We'll see how he does this year but I'm sure some team is going to fall in love with him. As far as your west coast QBs, I'm not a fan of the UCLA kid, I don't think his arm is big enough. Who else were you thinking of?
Oh, don't get me wrong -- I'm a Johnny Football fan. He had an amazing season last year. His stock really went up with me when I learned he shot a 79 at Pebble Beach! Who knows, maybe he will fool us all and be another Russell Wilson. BTW, I predict Wilson is going to get hurt this coming season.
I believe there are kids at Frenso State and at San Diego State who bear watching. Can't remember their names. The big disappointment for me in college football is Ryan Driscoll of Florida. He was the player of the year in high school football the other year and people thought he was going to be great. But what a flop he has been! Not sure if it's bad coaching, or what. That florida coaching staff is suspect in my view.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login