Skip to content

Attention Tebow Lovers

The Browns Board
77 27 2.8k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Are all you assholes serious? All the better, more interesting topics that I have started on here the last couple of days....and it is the one about this "character" that gets all the run.

    Consider me one of the "assholes" then. I found it way more interesting than the last few topics.....but that said..... JMO

    @ballpeen said:

    @the-gipper said:

    Are all you assholes serious? All the better, more interesting topics that I have started on here the last couple of days....and it is the one about this "character" that gets all the run.

    Consider me one of the "assholes" then. I found it way more interesting than the last few topics.....but that said..... JMO

    I know Tebow was/is your boy Russ. That is fine. I just think it is apparent that he is not an NFL caliber QB.

    I also think he has the right to choose which course he takes.

    If he wants to be employed by the NFL I think he will have to realize that he must change position.

    If he insists on being a QB, then it seems the Arena League is where he needs to go

  • @vagitron said:

    Ike Taylor had a bad game but there was supposed to be deep safety help and Mundy bit run. Ike Taylor is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. He works out tirelessly, spends a majority of his offseason with Shaw in Orlando and STILL runs a sub 4.3 forty SOOOO ednymion your point is REALLY damn moot. As far as Lebeau is concerned he was dealing with a lot of injuries but since Lake entered the fold the Corners started playing press and our lb's started to make noise. I expect more of the same this coming season, especially with Woodley hopefully showing up like he needs to show up.

    We get it..injuries only are a validated excuse when it happens to your stools...Yeah,Yeah...Ikes had alot of bad games..if not for Polywanna and you "then" stalwart line...Ike's flaws would have been more accurattly exposed...Not saying Ike is complete garbage...but there are a good handful of better DB's..but Ike is no where near elite...but better than marginal.

    @nickers said:

    We get it..injuries only are a validated excuse when it happens to your stools...Yeah,Yeah...Ikes had alot of bad games..if not for Polywanna and you "then" stalwart line...Ike's flaws would have been more accurattly exposed...Not saying Ike is complete garbage...but there are a good handful of better DB's..but Ike is no where near elite...but better than marginal.

    It wasn't an injury Nickers. Ryan Clark can't play in Denver because of his sickle cell anemia. THe last time he did he had both his spleen and his appendix removed and he nearly died. Ryan Mundy was and is a liabiity and he bit run on at least two of those play action rolls outs Tebow was throwing. As far as Ike Taylor is concerned he plays cover zero ALL the time against the oppositions best receivers and almost always does very well. He's also one of the best tackling cornersin the game. Am I saying he's top 10? no but he's top 20 and rightfully so. He's been a stalwart on the team for a while now for a reason and he's been resigned a couple times. THe Steelers don't keep players past their effectiveness and Taylors work ethic is a key indicator for those signings. He's also over 6 feet tall and runs a 4.3 forty. If the dude could catch (He can't catch a cold) he'd be much more highly regarded. Watch some football nickers and stop listening to Endy who clearly likes to foam at the mouth these days. Although his attitude is tyrpical in Pittsburgh. Everyone is so used to winning that when something does go wrong it's defcon 5 time and all helll breaks loose. People calling in to the local media with absolutely insane declarations etc.

  • Endymion said:

    The Great and Powerful Ike Taylor was burned on the first/last play in overtime that won the game for Denver, not Mundy. Shoeless Ike Taylor is still on the team and now 2 years slower. Tebow will still burn the Steelers as long as Le Beau runs the defense. Le Beau doesn't know how to combat QBs who can't throw the ball well but run like gangbusters. Any team that picks Tebow up for a QB can run roughshot over the Steelers Defense.

    Redesigning your offense for Tebows strengths is silly. John Fox did a masterful coaching job, but it couldn't be sustained for an entire career. Tebow is really a one trick QB pony. I don't feel bad that he can't get a job and it's really sad that the media fawns all over him. Maybe Ryan Leaf would've been revered if he knelt down and prayed on the sidelines too. As others said, a simple positional switch to Full/Half Back and the guys a football star with some huge stats to go along with it.

    Ike Taylor had a bad game but there was supposed to be deep safety help and Mundy bit run. Ike Taylor is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. He works out tirelessly, spends a majority of his offseason with Shaw in Orlando and STILL runs a sub 4.3 forty SOOOO ednymion your point is REALLY damn moot. As far as Lebeau is concerned he was dealing with a lot of injuries but since Lake entered the fold the Corners started playing press and our lb's started to make noise. I expect more of the same this coming season, especially with Woodley hopefully showing up like he needs to show up.

    @vagitron said:

    Ike Taylor had a bad game but there was supposed to be deep safety help and Mundy bit run. Ike Taylor is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. He works out tirelessly, spends a majority of his offseason with Shaw in Orlando and STILL runs a sub 4.3 forty SOOOO ednymion your point is REALLY damn moot. As far as Lebeau is concerned he was dealing with a lot of injuries but since Lake entered the fold the Corners started playing press and our lb's started to make noise. I expect more of the same this coming season, especially with Woodley hopefully showing up like he needs to show up.

    Yeah, bah, I forgot, you were right there with Le Beau advising him on the play-call. What a fluke that the smartest, strongest, fastest corner back in the league got beat by a noodle armed QB and a leprechan reciever. All those big plays I saw Ike give up in 2012, well they were obviously just some imaging errors on my HDTV. Oh and that noise our linebackers made so damaged my hearing the past two years that I now need a hearing aid. Yeah, I love having the number #1 defense that has the lowest total sacks in the league. Can't wait for more of that same.

    I bow to your superior knowledge ole' Vagitronic...convert these heathen Browines to our superior, perfect Steelers way.

  • @vagitron said:

    Ike Taylor had a bad game but there was supposed to be deep safety help and Mundy bit run. Ike Taylor is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. He works out tirelessly, spends a majority of his offseason with Shaw in Orlando and STILL runs a sub 4.3 forty SOOOO ednymion your point is REALLY damn moot. As far as Lebeau is concerned he was dealing with a lot of injuries but since Lake entered the fold the Corners started playing press and our lb's started to make noise. I expect more of the same this coming season, especially with Woodley hopefully showing up like he needs to show up.

    Yeah, bah, I forgot, you were right there with Le Beau advising him on the play-call. What a fluke that the smartest, strongest, fastest corner back in the league got beat by a noodle armed QB and a leprechan reciever. All those big plays I saw Ike give up in 2012, well they were obviously just some imaging errors on my HDTV. Oh and that noise our linebackers made so damaged my hearing the past two years that I now need a hearing aid. Yeah, I love having the number #1 defense that has the lowest total sacks in the league. Can't wait for more of that same.

    I bow to your superior knowledge ole' Vagitronic...convert these heathen Browines to our superior, perfect Steelers way.

    Endymion said:

    Yeah, bah, I forgot, you were right there with Le Beau advising him on the play-call. What a fluke that the smartest, strongest, fastest corner back in the league got beat by a noodle armed QB and a leprechan reciever. All those big plays I saw Ike give up in 2012, well they were obviously just some imaging errors on my HDTV. Oh and that noise our linebackers made so damaged my hearing the past two years that I now need a hearing aid. Yeah, I love having the number #1 defense that has the lowest total sacks in the league. Can't wait for more of that same.

    I bow to your superior knowledge ole' Vagitronic...convert these heathen Browines to our superior, perfect Steelers way.

    huh! You make some very valid points.
  • @ballpeen said:

    The worst part is that Urban Meyer will never be able to get revenge for OSU against his former team because Florida won't be making it to the National Championship anytime soon.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The worst part is that Urban Meyer will never be able to get revenge for OSU against his former team because Florida won't be making it to the National Championship anytime soon.

    yea a Florida team that didn't deserve to be there anyways.
  • I usually shy away from the Tebow thing but I ALMOST just feel bad for the guy at this point. Everyone knows he shouldn't have been more than a 5th-6th round prospect. He had a successful little run there because Fox is an extremely underrated coach who made Tebow excel. Everyone knows that style of play is not sustainable. Anyone who says 'oh that guy is a winner' in the back on their minds know he's not a good QB.

    What kills me is how arrogant the guy is. Most reports have suggested several teams have shown interest in the guy if he would just denounce being an awful QB and switch to TE/situational player. I genuinely believe the dude would fit that bill well and I'd love to have him on the team in that role. But his hissy fit on wanting to be the QB is going to net him out of the league. Amazing.

    @jrb12711 said:

    What kills me is how arrogant the guy is. Most reports have suggested several teams have shown interest in the guy if he would just denounce being an awful QB and switch to TE/situational player. I genuinely believe the dude would fit that bill well and I'd love to have him on the team in that role. But his hissy fit on wanting to be the QB is going to net him out of the league. Amazing.

    Yeh, I had no idea that the dude had a fixation on being a QB, and got pissy about the possibilities of position flexability.

    It's no wonder his agent's phone is not ringing.

    Just coz you were a QB in college (J. Cribbs, H. Ward, A. Randle El) does not mean that you can't have a long, sucessful career in the NFL at another position.

  • Signed by Pats

    http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/10/patriots-sign-tim-tebow/

    POSTED JUNE 10, 2013

    Report: Patriots sign Tim Tebow

    The New England Patriots signed former New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow and expect him to be in the team’s mandatory minicamp tomorrow, reports ESPN.com.

    Ed Werder@WerderEdNFL
    Bill Belichick has always spoken of Tebow with admiration and move reunites with Josh McDaniels, who drafted Tebow in first round

    Tebow was released by the Jets in April after spending one only uneventful season with team.

    Before that he was with the Denver Broncos for two seasons and led the team to an AFC West division title and a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    Tebow, who was drafted in the first round by the Broncos in 2010, will likely try to just make the roster in New England as he will fight for playing time behind Tom Brady and his backup Ryan Mallett.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Excuses are like assholes. Everybody has one, and Tim Tebow fucked yours.

    Wow. Lol.That was actually pretty funny.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Wow. Lol.That was actually pretty funny.

    really? how old are you?

    that joke is as old as dirt.

  • Good. Bellicheck knows good players and just signed one. His team just got better.

  • You go Tebow. Fuck the Jets.

  • A little fullback, tight end action I'm guessing.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Wow. Lol.That was actually pretty funny.

    really? how old are you?

    that joke is as old as dirt.

    @miktoxic said:

    really? how old are you?

    that joke is as old as dirt.

    Any old joke can be made funny by context, mik. Not anything you say, of course, but sometimes old shit is reinvented in an amusing way.

  • A little fullback, tight end action I'm guessing.

    @cuwoohio said:

    A little fullback, tight end action I'm guessing.

    the talking head on ESPN stated that Belichick is going to slot him as a QB behind Brady and Mallet. Tebow is a tough SOB and maybe could play fb/TE.

    I suspect the most we see of him will be on special teams and as insurance in the event Brady goes down with an injury and Mallet proves unserviceable.

    Should make the Jets/Patriots games more interesting.

  • I would love to see Belichick put him in for at least a drive against the Jets so Tebow can have a shot to show Rex Ryan a thing or two. Glad he is getting a shot. If anybody can find a use for him it is McDaniels and Belichick.

    I bet the execs at ESPN are celebrating right now!

  • I would love to see Belichick put him in for at least a drive against the Jets so Tebow can have a shot to show Rex Ryan a thing or two. Glad he is getting a shot. If anybody can find a use for him it is McDaniels and Belichick.

    I bet the execs at ESPN are celebrating right now!

    @browns57 said:

    I would love to see Belichick put him in for at least a drive against the Jets so Tebow can have a shot to show Rex Ryan a thing or two. Glad he is getting a shot. If anybody can find a use for him it is McDaniels and Belichick.

    I bet the execs at ESPN are celebrating right now!

    You know it...its jackpot ratings for the NFL..this could either help NE or derail them.

  • Hate him or love him Belichick has a knack for getting the best out his players.

  • hard to believe this is happening considering belichick's strict media restrictions.

    i guarantee you he doesn't know the shit storm comin NE's way. boston might be a media hub but in comparison to NY it's small and all we had all season long in the post and newsday were tebow back covers of saying what a joke he was, how he could be the savior of the team.....left, right, up, down and all the way around, that's all the media cared about was this joke.

    2013 will be belichick's worse nightmare when it comes to this circus....that is if tebow even makes the team.

    great player? maybe. great QB? hell no.

  • hard to believe this is happening considering belichick's strict media restrictions.

    i guarantee you he doesn't know the shit storm comin NE's way. boston might be a media hub but in comparison to NY it's small and all we had all season long in the post and newsday were tebow back covers of saying what a joke he was, how he could be the savior of the team.....left, right, up, down and all the way around, that's all the media cared about was this joke.

    2013 will be belichick's worse nightmare when it comes to this circus....that is if tebow even makes the team.

    great player? maybe. great QB? hell no.

    @miktoxic said:

    hard to believe this is happening considering belichick's strict media restrictions.

    i guarantee you he doesn't know the shit storm comin NE's way. boston might be a media hub but in comparison to NY it's small and all we had all season long in the post and newsday were tebow back covers of saying what a joke he was, how he could be the savior of the team.....left, right, up, down and all the way around, that's all the media cared about was this joke.

    2013 will be belichick's worse nightmare when it comes to this circus....that is if tebow even makes the team.

    great player? maybe. great QB? hell no.

    The Patroits cut a qb yesterday to make room for Tebow. They didn't cut another position player. I would be shocked if a guy who led the Broncos to the playoffs and was drafted by McDaniels doesn't make the team. Also I don't think we will see the same media circus we did in NY. I can't see Belichick allowing that and the media aren't law enforcement (believe it or not), so no comment or boring answers do work as we have seen from NE over the years.

  • I read an interesting article about Wes Welker - he says he can finally be himself with the Broncos.

    And said under Butticheck, everything was controlled, and players have to conform and be mostly quiet.

    I don't see Tebow being able to do that for long. Good luck to him, though. He'll be king of the qb sneaks at

    the goal line...

  • I read an interesting article about Wes Welker - he says he can finally be himself with the Broncos.

    And said under Butticheck, everything was controlled, and players have to conform and be mostly quiet.

    I don't see Tebow being able to do that for long. Good luck to him, though. He'll be king of the qb sneaks at

    the goal line...

    @calfoxwc said:

    I read an interesting article about Wes Welker - he says he can finally be himself with the Broncos.

    And said under Butticheck, everything was controlled, and players have to conform and be mostly quiet.

    I don't see Tebow being able to do that for long. Good luck to him, though. He'll be king of the qb sneaks at

    the goal line...

    Tim isn't the type to seek out attention. That was thrust at him. I am sure he will like having some restrictions on media access.