Cleveland: Disappointing Fans Since 1964
-
Decent take on being a Cleveland sports team fan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/sports/cleveland-sports-disappointing-fans-since-1964.html
-
Cleveland: Disappointing Fans Since 1964
i gotta print some shirts with that. classic. give ya 5%.
-
Decent take on being a Cleveland sports team fan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/sports/cleveland-sports-disappointing-fans-since-1964.html
Decent take on being a Cleveland sports team fan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/sports/cleveland-sports-disappointing-fans-since-1964.html
Yes, very well written story and I love the photo that went with it. Many stories being written these days about the Cleveland sports fans. Really bothersome this week is that NFL Network is featuring its Greatest Games Ever segments and they keep showing the Fumble game. They just rub salt into the wound.
What's amazing, though, are the tens of thousands of Browns fans around the country who stick by the team. I live in Florida and went to a big flea market for an hour or two on Saturday wearing my Browns T-shirt. It was simply amazing all the people who came up to me to share the pain, swap stories or offer support. My wife kept saying, "This is amazing -- your Browns shirt is like a magnet."
Just once before I kick off I'd love to see this team reach the Super Bowl. Kinda like Pops, the coach in the Natural, I don't need the Browns to win the Super Bowl (although that would be nice), I'd just like to see them get there so that all of us can finally smile and bask in the sunshine with our team a little bit.
Why are the gods of football so much against us?
-
Decent take on being a Cleveland sports team fan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/sports/cleveland-sports-disappointing-fans-since-1964.html
Yes, very well written story and I love the photo that went with it. Many stories being written these days about the Cleveland sports fans. Really bothersome this week is that NFL Network is featuring its Greatest Games Ever segments and they keep showing the Fumble game. They just rub salt into the wound.
What's amazing, though, are the tens of thousands of Browns fans around the country who stick by the team. I live in Florida and went to a big flea market for an hour or two on Saturday wearing my Browns T-shirt. It was simply amazing all the people who came up to me to share the pain, swap stories or offer support. My wife kept saying, "This is amazing -- your Browns shirt is like a magnet."
Just once before I kick off I'd love to see this team reach the Super Bowl. Kinda like Pops, the coach in the Natural, I don't need the Browns to win the Super Bowl (although that would be nice), I'd just like to see them get there so that all of us can finally smile and bask in the sunshine with our team a little bit.
Why are the gods of football so much against us?
Skeptical2013 said:
Why are the gods of football so much against us?
because our ownership over the last 3 decades don't know shit about the hiring and firing of key FO personnel.
hell modell hired belichick to fire him and move the team to baltimore. but at least he saw something in ozzie as a GM. everyone else since then and the big fart cleveland laid for not paying for a new stadium is the ultimate curse. mayor white should be tarred and feathered (if he's still alive. maybe him and marion barry are smokin crack with some hookers as we speak).
-
Mike White is alive and well raising Alpacas.
Living the dream I guess...

-
-
-
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
ouch.
i won't say from '64 til now there were no good browns or cavs or indians teams........just never been able to bring the trophy home.
-
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Why are the gods of football so much against us?
because our ownership over the last 3 decades don't know shit about the hiring and firing of key FO personnel.
hell modell hired belichick to fire him and move the team to baltimore. but at least he saw something in ozzie as a GM. everyone else since then and the big fart cleveland laid for not paying for a new stadium is the ultimate curse. mayor white should be tarred and feathered (if he's still alive. maybe him and marion barry are smokin crack with some hookers as we speak).
because our ownership over the last 3 decades don't know shit about the hiring and firing of key FO personnel.
hell modell hired belichick to fire him and move the team to baltimore. but at least he saw something in ozzie as a GM. everyone else since then and the big fart cleveland laid for not paying for a new stadium is the ultimate curse. mayor white should be tarred and feathered (if he's still alive. maybe him and marion barry are smokin crack with some hookers as we speak).
Yeah, I agree there is plenty of blame to go around. But we cannot forget that Modell brought a lot on himself because he was such a bad business manager.
-
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
ouch.
i won't say from '64 til now there were no good browns or cavs or indians teams........just never been able to bring the trophy home.
-
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!
Skeptical2013 said:
Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!
yea, humility is supposed to be a virtue but I wouldn't mind experiencing some "pride before the fall"
-
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
Yep, for them they have enjoyed pure luck.
-
Just think, a Pittsburgh fan in his late 50's has experienced 11 championships in his lifetime ...6 Steelers 2 Pirates and 3 Penguins... wheras a Cleveland fan the same age witnessed 0. Sad. Very sad. A 56 year old Clevelander was in 1964...so maybe 1.
Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!
Skeptical2013 said:
Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!
Tougher, not necessarily humbler.
It by no means makes me feel "humble" if by that you mean quiescent, meek, subservient, timid, deferential.
FUCK all that. Quite the opposite. I think wrathful, Proud, vain, combative, assertive, defiant....would be more descriptive.
Don't you?
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Wow. Hadn't thought about that. But wer're all tougher, humbler people for having gone through all this, right?!
Tougher, not necessarily humbler.
It by no means makes me feel "humble" if by that you mean quiescent, meek, subservient, timid, deferential.
FUCK all that. Quite the opposite. I think wrathful, Proud, vain, combative, assertive, defiant....would be more descriptive.
Don't you?
Tougher, not necessarily humbler.
It by no means makes me feel "humble" if by that you mean quiescent, meek, subservient, timid, deferential.
FUCK all that. Quite the opposite. I think wrathful, Proud, vain, combative, assertive, defiant....would be more descriptive.
Don't you?
Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.
-
Tougher, not necessarily humbler.
It by no means makes me feel "humble" if by that you mean quiescent, meek, subservient, timid, deferential.
FUCK all that. Quite the opposite. I think wrathful, Proud, vain, combative, assertive, defiant....would be more descriptive.
Don't you?
Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.
Skeptical2013 said:
Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.
Actually, obviously it did add something. It got your attention, clearly.
What are you, a prude?
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.
Actually, obviously it did add something. It got your attention, clearly.
What are you, a prude?
Actually, obviously it did add something. It got your attention, clearly.
What are you, a prude?
No, but as a father I'd just like to see adults set a proper example for kids who read this board.
-
Lets get to consistently putting a good product on the field or court, and making the playoffs on a regular basis first.
-
Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)
-
Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)
Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)
Yes, winning the AFC is a championship, just like winning the division is a championship. Of course the whole goal is to win the Super Bowl, but I'd rather be heartbroken AFC Champions than heartbroken AFC runner ups.
Zombo
--or heartbroken 5 and fucking 11
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login