Skip to content

Cleveland: Disappointing Fans Since 1964

The Browns Board
25 10 1.3k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Tougher, not necessarily humbler.

    It by no means makes me feel "humble" if by that you mean quiescent, meek, subservient, timid, deferential.

    FUCK all that. Quite the opposite. I think wrathful, Proud, vain, combative, assertive, defiant....would be more descriptive.

    Don't you?

    Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Skeptical2013 said:

    Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.

    Actually, obviously it did add something. It got your attention, clearly.

    What are you, a prude?

  • Skeptical2013 said:

    Your descriptions are fine. I don't think the profanity adds anything, though.

    Actually, obviously it did add something. It got your attention, clearly.

    What are you, a prude?

    A Assmunch wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    Actually, obviously it did add something. It got your attention, clearly.

    What are you, a prude?

    No, but as a father I'd just like to see adults set a proper example for kids who read this board.

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Lets get to consistently putting a good product on the field or court, and making the playoffs on a regular basis first.

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)

  • Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @cuwoohio said:

    Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)

    Yes, winning the AFC is a championship, just like winning the division is a championship. Of course the whole goal is to win the Super Bowl, but I'd rather be heartbroken AFC Champions than heartbroken AFC runner ups.

    Zombo

    --or heartbroken 5 and fucking 11

  • @cuwoohio said:

    Just curious: would you have rather the Browns made several Super Bowls and lost like the Bills did? I think that would make the pain even greater. (And I know I would have had to replace a couple of TVs. Only lost a radio on the conference championship games)

    Yes, winning the AFC is a championship, just like winning the division is a championship. Of course the whole goal is to win the Super Bowl, but I'd rather be heartbroken AFC Champions than heartbroken AFC runner ups.

    Zombo

    --or heartbroken 5 and fucking 11

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Zombo said:

    Yes, winning the AFC is a championship, just like winning the division is a championship. Of course the whole goal is to win the Super Bowl, but I'd rather be heartbroken AFC Champions than heartbroken AFC runner ups.

    Zombo

    --or heartbroken 5 and fucking 11

    I completely agree. The disappointment at losing the super bowl is probably greater than losing the AFC championship game, but at least we would've gotten to the big game a few times.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Actually, obviously it did add something. It got your attention, clearly.

    What are you, a prude?

    No, but as a father I'd just like to see adults set a proper example for kids who read this board.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Skeptical2013 said:

    No, but as a father I'd just like to see adults set a proper example for kids who read this board.

    Who do you think I learned profanity from? Hint: A DNA test would show that we are very close relatives.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #23

    i'm callin 9 and 7 this year. put a stamp on it and mail it in.

    if not, i'll have lost a couple of ducketts and be looking forward to another complete overhaul that seems to be happening WAAAAAAAAYYY TO FUUUUUUUUUCKIN often in the browns franchise.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I say 8-8 is the best case scenario for the browns...they need to show Me something.....

  • i'm callin 9 and 7 this year. put a stamp on it and mail it in.

    if not, i'll have lost a couple of ducketts and be looking forward to another complete overhaul that seems to be happening WAAAAAAAAYYY TO FUUUUUUUUUCKIN often in the browns franchise.

    A Assmunch wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm callin 9 and 7 this year. put a stamp on it and mail it in.

    if not, i'll have lost a couple of ducketts and be looking forward to another complete overhaul that seems to be happening WAAAAAAAAYYY TO FUUUUUUUUUCKIN often in the browns franchise.

    Browns won't get any where near 9-7 this season. With their depthless secondary they will be lucky to win 6 games. But as the Browns lose game after game after game due to the secondary, Lombardi can sit there knowing he has those extra picks for 2014!