Seriously? Another Running Back?
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Re Ward and Patterson, I'm just talking about overall atheltic ability and playmaking ability.
Considering one was the 7th overall pick and another was a 2nd round pick, that should be expected.
Considering one was the 7th overall pick and another was a 2nd round pick, that should be expected.
Patterson also was a big time impact player in college and made first team all america. I'd point out that Philip Thomas, the safety from Fresno State the Browns could have gotten in the 4th round, also was a first team all america last year. Who was the other first team all america at safety? It was Elam, the great safety from Florida, who was the first draft pick of the .... Ravens.
Turning to a different area, I'd also point out that Mingo didn't even make first team all SEC and was missing from the APs first, second and third team all america team for defense, but his teammates Kevin Minter (LB), Sam Montgomery (DE) and Eric Reid (S) did make the team.
If Mingo didn't make a really big impact as a college player, can he make a big impact as a pro? That's a big question.
-
And they got an undersized DE who's never played OLB in his life.
Great move. Tim Couch
***************************************
Pretty much was a great move. Demarcus Ware always played on the dl. Mingo has ALL the qualities to
become a terrific success like Ware did. Ware made the transition - and Mingo will be "set free" to utilize
his excellent physical abilities to the max at 3-4 OLB, like Ware did. Mingo was used mostly in a tight formation,
strong side - not a best case position or setup to dramatically boost his numbers.
The comparison to Wimbley, btw, doesn't work. Mingo has the strength, outstanding agility and speed,
that Wimbley never had.
I think he is going to be terrific. Can't wait to see him take the field.
It only doesn't work because it doesn't fit with your stance.
It only doesn't work because it doesn't fit with your stance.
No, as I don't know if I agree with it. At least it is not one of your idiotic rants on the secondary.
Here is the bottom line: YOU and I, and everyone else, are just going to have to wait and see how this all turns out with the secondary.
We are going to have to wait and see how these guys play. They may be the absolute buss that you think they are. They may both turn out to be Pro Bowlers. More than likely, it will be somewhere in between.
And there won't be a damn thing you can say...or do about it.
Unless you want to buy the team.
-
Some people are high on TJ Ward. In my view he's a little overrated, plus he gets hurt a lot. But the difference in talent level between Patterson of Arizona and Ward is like night and day.
More like night and dusk.
-
It only doesn't work because it doesn't fit with your stance.
No, as I don't know if I agree with it. At least it is not one of your idiotic rants on the secondary.
Here is the bottom line: YOU and I, and everyone else, are just going to have to wait and see how this all turns out with the secondary.
We are going to have to wait and see how these guys play. They may be the absolute buss that you think they are. They may both turn out to be Pro Bowlers. More than likely, it will be somewhere in between.
And there won't be a damn thing you can say...or do about it.
Unless you want to buy the team.
No, as I don't know if I agree with it. At least it is not one of your idiotic rants on the secondary.
Here is the bottom line: YOU and I, and everyone else, are just going to have to wait and see how this all turns out with the secondary.
We are going to have to wait and see how these guys play. They may be the absolute buss that you think they are. They may both turn out to be Pro Bowlers. More than likely, it will be somewhere in between.
And there won't be a damn thing you can say...or do about it.
Unless you want to buy the team.
Just thinking of the idea that Owens and Bademosi might turn out to be Pro Bowlers has me roilling on the floor in laughter! Thanks for comedic relief!
-
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
-
No, as I don't know if I agree with it. At least it is not one of your idiotic rants on the secondary.
Here is the bottom line: YOU and I, and everyone else, are just going to have to wait and see how this all turns out with the secondary.
We are going to have to wait and see how these guys play. They may be the absolute buss that you think they are. They may both turn out to be Pro Bowlers. More than likely, it will be somewhere in between.
And there won't be a damn thing you can say...or do about it.
Unless you want to buy the team.
Just thinking of the idea that Owens and Bademosi might turn out to be Pro Bowlers has me roilling on the floor in laughter! Thanks for comedic relief!
Skeptical2013 said:
Just thinking of the idea that Owens and Bademosi might turn out to be Pro Bowlers has me roilling on the floor in laughter! Thanks for comedic relief!
I am referring to McFadden and Gipson.
You are so obsessed by this, I think it is unhealthy.
-
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
And what makes you right, if you don't mind mr asking?
-
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
And what makes you right, if you don't mind mr asking?
And what makes you right, if you don't mind mr asking?
I don't know what makes him right, but I can say with out a doubt that someone so butt hurt over the secondary that they bring it up in a RB thread is more than likely the person who ends up being wrong.
-
Is it just me? Or is Skeptical the New Ghoolie?
-
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
And what makes you right, if you don't mind mr asking?
And what makes you right, if you don't mind mr asking?
I am referring to McFadden and Gipson.
You are so obsessed by this, I think it is unhealthy.
I don't know what makes him right, but I can say with out a doubt that someone so butt hurt over the secondary that they bring it up in a RB thread is more than likely the person who ends up being wrong.
It's wonderful how the rah-rah boys "gang up" on those who don't share their view that the Browns are going to be a wondeful team this year, did wondrous things in free agency, hit the draft just spot-on, that a 5'9" draft choice is going to marvelously cover fast, big receivers like Torey Smith, that an undrafted safety from Wyoming is going to be the next Charles Woodson, and that the #1 draft choice, who didn't even make all conference in college because he was pushed around a lot by offensive linemen, is going to step up and become one of the great pass rushers in the NFL.
Are these nasty rah-rahs employed by the Browns PR department? One wonders. Meanwhile, unlike the "gang of 4 rah-rahs" on this board, who try and stifle dissent, many experts around the country remain skeptical that the Browns have made up some ground on their rivals, including tens of thousands of Browns fans nationally.
Many Browns fans had high hopes with a new leadership regime. But hiring of a loser like Lombardi, along with mismanagement of free agency -- many teams with far less money to spend did a lot better -- and with a concerning strategy in the draft, passing on the 4th and 5th round and having fewer draft picks than just about any other team despite having so many holes to fill, has left many Browns fans back feeling down in the dumps. Many Browns fans just know that Shamarko Thomas, who Pittsburgh drafted with the pick the Browns traded to them, is going to be a fine player and haunt the Browns for years to come.
So, yes, many Browns fans are skeptical, and cannot share the wild enthusiasm for the "new" Browns that the "rah rahs" seem to have.
But because we don't agree with their enthusiasm about the "new" Browns, does that make it right that the "rah rahs" badger those like me who don't feell like they do? I think not.
-
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
I do not think McFadden and Gipson stink. I think both will have some difficulties this year, yes, but I don't think they stink. If you actually read my posts you'll note that my biggest concern with the Browns' secondary is the back up positions at cornerback and safety.
Players like Owens, Wade, Skrine and Bademosi are not adequate to step in and play at the high level required for pass defense success in the NFL. QBs from around the league will go right at them when they are in there. We saw the same thing last year, and the Browns gave up an enormous number of TDs through the air. I am concerned the same is going to happen this year, despite the supposedly improved pass rush.
That is why I was so disappointed that the Browns didn't use the 4th and 5th round picks to add quality talent like all america safety Thomas from Fresno State and the fine DB prospect, D.W. Webb from William and Mary. Browns blew a wonderful opportunity to add quality depth in the secondary and that mistake will be very evident as the regular season unfolds and starters get hurt.
-
And you've still got no proof that they [McFadden and Gipson] stink other than your blathering mindless assertion.
You're wrong.
I do not think McFadden and Gipson stink. I think both will have some difficulties this year, yes, but I don't think they stink. If you actually read my posts you'll note that my biggest concern with the Browns' secondary is the back up positions at cornerback and safety.
Players like Owens, Wade, Skrine and Bademosi are not adequate to step in and play at the high level required for pass defense success in the NFL. QBs from around the league will go right at them when they are in there. We saw the same thing last year, and the Browns gave up an enormous number of TDs through the air. I am concerned the same is going to happen this year, despite the supposedly improved pass rush.
That is why I was so disappointed that the Browns didn't use the 4th and 5th round picks to add quality talent like all america safety Thomas from Fresno State and the fine DB prospect, D.W. Webb from William and Mary. Browns blew a wonderful opportunity to add quality depth in the secondary and that mistake will be very evident as the regular season unfolds and starters get hurt.
Skeptical2013 said:
I do not think McFadden and Gipson stink. I think both will have some difficulties this year, yes, but I don't think they stink. If you actually read my posts you'll note that my biggest concern with the Browns' secondary is the back up positions at cornerback and safety.
Players like Owens, Wade, Skrine and Bademosi are not adequate to step in and play at the high level required for pass defense success in the NFL. QBs from around the league will go right at them when they are in there. We saw the same thing last year, and the Browns gave up an enormous number of TDs through the air. I am concerned the same is going to happen this year, despite the supposedly improved pass rush.
That is why I was so disappointed that the Browns didn't use the 4th and 5th round picks to add quality talent like all america safety Thomas from Fresno State and the fine DB prospect, D.W. Webb from William and Mary. Browns blew a wonderful opportunity to add quality depth in the secondary and that mistake will be very evident as the regular season unfolds and starters get hurt.
As a follow up to this post, here are recent articles about Philip Thomas and BW Webb, the safety and cornerback I would have gone after with my 4th and 5th round picks. I believe both players will be starters in the NFL, if not this year, then soon. Mike Lombardi obviously didn't think much of them. Thomas led the nation last year with 8 interceptions.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login