Seriously? Another Running Back?
-
What about this kid Rouse...or whatever that they just signed. Did they let him go already? That would be another RB if he is still here.
What about this kid Rouse...or whatever that they just signed. Did they let him go already? That would be another RB if he is still here.
Thought he got cut...
-
What about this kid Rouse...or whatever that they just signed. Did they let him go already? That would be another RB if he is still here.
Thought he got cut...
-
If so he was cut practically the day he was signed. Oi.
Yep, but in all reality I think that just shows what they think of Maysonet. They dropped Cook after resigning Jackson, who is going to get a look at 3rd down RB. Then they had to shoose whether to keep the guy they just signed of take someone they apparently really wanted right after the draft.
What I find the most odd is that Maysonet was given the signing bonus and then dropped so soon. He has only attended the rookie mini camp because he still needs to graduate, so he hadn't even attended the Eagles OTA's yet.
-
If so he was cut practically the day he was signed. Oi.
Yep, but in all reality I think that just shows what they think of Maysonet. They dropped Cook after resigning Jackson, who is going to get a look at 3rd down RB. Then they had to shoose whether to keep the guy they just signed of take someone they apparently really wanted right after the draft.
What I find the most odd is that Maysonet was given the signing bonus and then dropped so soon. He has only attended the rookie mini camp because he still needs to graduate, so he hadn't even attended the Eagles OTA's yet.
Yep, but in all reality I think that just shows what they think of Maysonet. They dropped Cook after resigning Jackson, who is going to get a look at 3rd down RB. Then they had to shoose whether to keep the guy they just signed of take someone they apparently really wanted right after the draft.
What I find the most odd is that Maysonet was given the signing bonus and then dropped so soon. He has only attended the rookie mini camp because he still needs to graduate, so he hadn't even attended the Eagles OTA's yet.
man, you do your research. great stats and info.
i'd rather listen to you than most of the dolts i see on espn or other sports hubs on tv or radio.
and i mean this sincerely.
good job!
-
Rouse is still on the roster - he's not at OTA's because he's still at school.
McFadden, Keenan Davis, and Travis Tannahill are also at school and haven't been at practice.
-
Rouse is still on the roster - he's not at OTA's because he's still at school.
McFadden, Keenan Davis, and Travis Tannahill are also at school and haven't been at practice.
Rouse is still on the roster - he's not at OTA's because he's still at school.
McFadden, Keenan Davis, and Travis Tannahill are also at school and haven't been at practice.
Except that McFadden, Davis and Tannehill all show up on the Browns roster....and Rouse does not. So, maybe he was cut.
-
He was waived yesterday apparently.
-
And there really isn't any reason to be mad. They signed two RB and the dropped two. Cook and Rouse are gone.
Oh and Hardesty is far from safe. They want RB's that can catch the ball.
And there really isn't any reason to be mad. They signed two RB and the dropped two. Cook and Rouse are gone.
Oh and Hardesty is far from safe. They want RB's that can catch the ball.
Uh, I watch a lot of SEC football and Hardesty was a pretty good receiver in college. That's all I can tell you.
-
If so he was cut practically the day he was signed. Oi.
Yep, but in all reality I think that just shows what they think of Maysonet. They dropped Cook after resigning Jackson, who is going to get a look at 3rd down RB. Then they had to shoose whether to keep the guy they just signed of take someone they apparently really wanted right after the draft.
What I find the most odd is that Maysonet was given the signing bonus and then dropped so soon. He has only attended the rookie mini camp because he still needs to graduate, so he hadn't even attended the Eagles OTA's yet.
Yep, but in all reality I think that just shows what they think of Maysonet. They dropped Cook after resigning Jackson, who is going to get a look at 3rd down RB. Then they had to shoose whether to keep the guy they just signed of take someone they apparently really wanted right after the draft.
What I find the most odd is that Maysonet was given the signing bonus and then dropped so soon. He has only attended the rookie mini camp because he still needs to graduate, so he hadn't even attended the Eagles OTA's yet.
Gotta remember, we are talking about a GM named Lombardi who is a clueless clown.
-
And there really isn't any reason to be mad. They signed two RB and the dropped two. Cook and Rouse are gone.
Oh and Hardesty is far from safe. They want RB's that can catch the ball.
Uh, I watch a lot of SEC football and Hardesty was a pretty good receiver in college. That's all I can tell you.
Skeptical2013 said:
Uh, I watch a lot of SEC football and Hardesty was a pretty good receiver in college. That's all I can tell you.
And Tim Tebow was a Heisman winning, National Championship winning QB from the SEC....but sucks as a pro.
So, just because a guy played in the SEC don't mean he is for shit in the NFL.
(In fact....unless a guy's name is Manning, SEC QBs ain't all that great overall)
-
He was waived yesterday apparently.
He was waived yesterday apparently.
OK, they signed this safety Walker. That should make Skeptical et al happy now that they are getting some depth in the backfield, no?
-
He was waived yesterday apparently.
OK, they signed this safety Walker. That should make Skeptical et al happy now that they are getting some depth in the backfield, no?
OK, they signed this safety Walker. That should make Skeptical et al happy now that they are getting some depth in the backfield, no?
Presumably, I mean this guy's going to start I guess because Gipson is so bad?

-
Skeptical2013 said:
Uh, I watch a lot of SEC football and Hardesty was a pretty good receiver in college. That's all I can tell you.
And Tim Tebow was a Heisman winning, National Championship winning QB from the SEC....but sucks as a pro.
So, just because a guy played in the SEC don't mean he is for shit in the NFL.
(In fact....unless a guy's name is Manning, SEC QBs ain't all that great overall)
And Tim Tebow was a Heisman winning, National Championship winning QB from the SEC....but sucks as a pro.
So, just because a guy played in the SEC don't mean he is for shit in the NFL.
(In fact....unless a guy's name is Manning, SEC QBs ain't all that great overall)
Oh, I agree, that not all people who are successful in the SEC will automatically make it in the pros. I have questions about Manziel, for instance, as well as a guy named Mingo who played at LSU . What you do, though, is closely watch and evaluate talent. Hardesty was a very good player in the one year he played a full season in college. So was Bacarri Rambo, the safety from Georgia the Browns could have drafted, who is better than Slaughter in my judgment. Lombardi really blew it in this draft.
-
OK, they signed this safety Walker. That should make Skeptical et al happy now that they are getting some depth in the backfield, no?
Presumably, I mean this guy's going to start I guess because Gipson is so bad?

Presumably, I mean this guy's going to start I guess because Gipson is so bad?

Walker is a complete stiff. Browns missed their chance in the draft when they could have taken safety Thomas from Fresno State and DB Webb from William & Mary. That would have been what a professional GM would have done and those picks would have added depth to give the Browns a chance to compete in 2013. But, alas, the Browns have a clueless clown, Lombardi, as their GM, and they will probably go 5-11 again in 2013 instead of climbing to 7-9 or 8-8.
If I had been running the show, we would have gone all out to sign FA DB Smith, then taken Tavon Austin with pick 1 to take the offense to a higher level, and then taken a safety with pick 3 and a TE with pick 4 and another DB with pick 5. Would have been great!
-
And Tim Tebow was a Heisman winning, National Championship winning QB from the SEC....but sucks as a pro.
So, just because a guy played in the SEC don't mean he is for shit in the NFL.
(In fact....unless a guy's name is Manning, SEC QBs ain't all that great overall)
Oh, I agree, that not all people who are successful in the SEC will automatically make it in the pros. I have questions about Manziel, for instance, as well as a guy named Mingo who played at LSU . What you do, though, is closely watch and evaluate talent. Hardesty was a very good player in the one year he played a full season in college. So was Bacarri Rambo, the safety from Georgia the Browns could have drafted, who is better than Slaughter in my judgment. Lombardi really blew it in this draft.
Skeptical2013 said:
Oh, I agree, that not all people who are successful in the SEC will automatically make it in the pros. I have questions about Manziel, for instance, as well as a guy named Mingo who played at LSU . What you do, though, is closely watch and evaluate talent. Hardesty was a very good player in the one year he played a full season in college. So was Bacarri Rambo, the safety from Georgia the Browns could have drafted, who is better than Slaughter in my judgment. Lombardi really blew it in this draft.
Hardesty has been injured his whole time....Rambo will be in rehab before you can blink...and Slaughter will Slaughter anyone coming into his zone the way Webster Slaughter slaughtered defensive backs.
Rambo won't be able to bring his AKM on the field with him, thus he will be rendered harmless.
-
Presumably, I mean this guy's going to start I guess because Gipson is so bad?

Walker is a complete stiff. Browns missed their chance in the draft when they could have taken safety Thomas from Fresno State and DB Webb from William & Mary. That would have been what a professional GM would have done and those picks would have added depth to give the Browns a chance to compete in 2013. But, alas, the Browns have a clueless clown, Lombardi, as their GM, and they will probably go 5-11 again in 2013 instead of climbing to 7-9 or 8-8.
If I had been running the show, we would have gone all out to sign FA DB Smith, then taken Tavon Austin with pick 1 to take the offense to a higher level, and then taken a safety with pick 3 and a TE with pick 4 and another DB with pick 5. Would have been great!
Skeptical2013 said:
Walker is a complete stiff. Browns missed their chance in the draft when they could have taken safety Thomas from Fresno State and DB Webb from William & Mary. That would have been what a professional GM would have done and those picks would have added depth to give the Browns a chance to compete in 2013. But, alas, the Browns have a clueless clown, Lombardi, as their GM, and they will probably go 5-11 again in 2013 instead of climbing to 7-9 or 8-8.
If I had been running the show, we would have gone all out to sign FA DB Smith, then taken Tavon Austin with pick 1 to take the offense to a higher level, and then taken a safety with pick 3 and a TE with pick 4 and another DB with pick 5. Would have been great!
Thank God that you are not the GM.
First off, who is this "Smith"? If you mean Sean Smith, he was rated a far worse CB than Sheldon Brown.
Austin might become a good player...but by no means was his position a priority for this team. They have a very similar player to Austin in Travis Benjamin...and they really needed to work on their defense.
I too am not that thrilled with the trade of those picks...but that is what it is. I think the Browns did address their needs at the LB spot, CB and safety...and for next year they will have upgraded picks. Two thirds and 2 4ths
Your plan would not have been great. From what I see it would have been worse.....at best just different.
-
And there really isn't any reason to be mad. They signed two RB and the dropped two. Cook and Rouse are gone.
Oh and Hardesty is far from safe. They want RB's that can catch the ball.
Uh, I watch a lot of SEC football and Hardesty was a pretty good receiver in college. That's all I can tell you.
Skeptical2013 said:
Uh, I watch a lot of SEC football and Hardesty was a pretty good receiver in college. That's all I can tell you.
Well if his time in the NFL has shown anything, he sucks at it. Who knows for what reason. My money is on that the NFL nerves have gotten to his hands.
Don't forget, Vickers was considered a good recieving FB coming out of college and while he is considered a fantastic run blocker... he is known for dropping a ton of footballs.
-
Skeptical2013 said:
Walker is a complete stiff. Browns missed their chance in the draft when they could have taken safety Thomas from Fresno State and DB Webb from William & Mary. That would have been what a professional GM would have done and those picks would have added depth to give the Browns a chance to compete in 2013. But, alas, the Browns have a clueless clown, Lombardi, as their GM, and they will probably go 5-11 again in 2013 instead of climbing to 7-9 or 8-8.
If I had been running the show, we would have gone all out to sign FA DB Smith, then taken Tavon Austin with pick 1 to take the offense to a higher level, and then taken a safety with pick 3 and a TE with pick 4 and another DB with pick 5. Would have been great!
Thank God that you are not the GM.
First off, who is this "Smith"? If you mean Sean Smith, he was rated a far worse CB than Sheldon Brown.
Austin might become a good player...but by no means was his position a priority for this team. They have a very similar player to Austin in Travis Benjamin...and they really needed to work on their defense.
I too am not that thrilled with the trade of those picks...but that is what it is. I think the Browns did address their needs at the LB spot, CB and safety...and for next year they will have upgraded picks. Two thirds and 2 4ths
Your plan would not have been great. From what I see it would have been worse.....at best just different.
I think the Browns did address their needs at the LB spot, CB and safety
respectfully disagree.
LB yes. the other 2 positions THEY COULD HAVE upgraded tremendously in the draft and whiffed.
-
And Tim Tebow was a Heisman winning, National Championship winning QB from the SEC....but sucks as a pro.
So, just because a guy played in the SEC don't mean he is for shit in the NFL.
(In fact....unless a guy's name is Manning, SEC QBs ain't all that great overall)
Oh, I agree, that not all people who are successful in the SEC will automatically make it in the pros. I have questions about Manziel, for instance, as well as a guy named Mingo who played at LSU . What you do, though, is closely watch and evaluate talent. Hardesty was a very good player in the one year he played a full season in college. So was Bacarri Rambo, the safety from Georgia the Browns could have drafted, who is better than Slaughter in my judgment. Lombardi really blew it in this draft.
Skeptical2013 said:
Oh, I agree, that not all people who are successful in the SEC will automatically make it in the pros. I have questions about Manziel, for instance, as well as a guy named Mingo who played at LSU . What you do, though, is closely watch and evaluate talent. Hardesty was a very good player in the one year he played a full season in college. So was Bacarri Rambo, the safety from Georgia the Browns could have drafted, who is better than Slaughter in my judgment. Lombardi really blew it in this draft.
You LITTERALLY just said that college production does not translate to success but you some how KNOW that Rambo and Hardesty are great based off of their... what know... COLLEGE PRODUCTION!!! You just contridicted yourself and pased it off as a proved point.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login