Skip to content

Everett Golson No Longer Enrolled At Notre Dame

College Football Forum
37 13 5.1k
  • Everett Golson out at Notre Dame

    Starting quarterback Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame, the university confirmed in an email to ESPN.com on Saturday night.

    "Everett is not enrolled at the university. Federal law and our own polices preclude us from discussing specifics," spokesman Dennis Brown said in an email.

    The Chicago Tribune, citing two sources, reported that Golson is no longer enrolled at the university due to an academic violation.

    Golson started 11 games for the Fighting Irish last season as a redshirt freshman, leading the team to the Discover BCS National Championship, where it lost to Alabama to finish a 12-1 season.

    He completed 187-of-318 passes for 2,405 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions. Golson also rushed for 298 yards and six scores.

    WNDU-TV earlier reported that Golson no longer was enrolled at Notre Dame.

    Golson's departure leaves a major question mark at a position where coach Brian Kelly was expecting to see big improvement in an offense that struggled for much of last season, with the Irish finishing 54th in the nation in total offense, including 71st in passing offense.

    Former Fighting Irish QB Gunner Kiel transferred to Cincinnati last month.

    Senior Tommy Rees is the most experienced quarterback enrolled, with 18 career starts. Fourth-year junior Andrew Hendrix and Malik Zaire, a spring enrollee, are also on the depth chart.

    Zaire was the sixth-ranked QB prospect in the Class of 2013, according to the ESPN 300.

    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Everett Golson out at Notre Dame

    Starting quarterback Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame, the university confirmed in an email to ESPN.com on Saturday night.

    "Everett is not enrolled at the university. Federal law and our own polices preclude us from discussing specifics," spokesman Dennis Brown said in an email.

    The Chicago Tribune, citing two sources, reported that Golson is no longer enrolled at the university due to an academic violation.

    Golson started 11 games for the Fighting Irish last season as a redshirt freshman, leading the team to the Discover BCS National Championship, where it lost to Alabama to finish a 12-1 season.

    He completed 187-of-318 passes for 2,405 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions. Golson also rushed for 298 yards and six scores.

    WNDU-TV earlier reported that Golson no longer was enrolled at Notre Dame.

    Golson's departure leaves a major question mark at a position where coach Brian Kelly was expecting to see big improvement in an offense that struggled for much of last season, with the Irish finishing 54th in the nation in total offense, including 71st in passing offense.

    Former Fighting Irish QB Gunner Kiel transferred to Cincinnati last month.

    Senior Tommy Rees is the most experienced quarterback enrolled, with 18 career starts. Fourth-year junior Andrew Hendrix and Malik Zaire, a spring enrollee, are also on the depth chart.

    Zaire was the sixth-ranked QB prospect in the Class of 2013, according to the ESPN 300.

    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

    Wow. That's stunning news. I am sure Kelley's staff talked to these guys about taking responsibility, but it all has to come from within. Some can stay grounded and some can't. We certainly see a lot of this in college and professional football. We forget, too, these are very young men barely out of high school.

  • Not Browns news. No one cares about Notre Dame

  • Good day

    Golson blows it and ND gets worse

    Michigan gets a commitment from Peppers, #2 player in the country

  • Not Browns news. No one cares about Notre Dame

    @blowe said:

    Not Browns news. No one cares about Notre Dame

    Too bad.

  • I'd wager there are a lot more Notre Dame fans here then Michipuke.

  • He allegedly cheated on a final.

  • He allegedly cheated on a final.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    He allegedly cheated on a final.

    If, in fact, Golson cheated on a final he should not be allowedto return to school and play football, which he says he is going to do in 2014.

  • I'd wager there are a lot more Notre Dame fans here then Michipuke.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'd wager there are a lot more Notre Dame fans here then Michipuke.

    Alright?

  • I'll go first .... I like Notre Same and hate Michigan.

    Z

  • I'll go first .... I like Notre Same and hate Michigan.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I'll go first .... I like Notre Same and hate Michigan.

    Z

    Ditto.

    Mike

  • Strange people I guess

  • Probably because Michigan's a queer school.

  • Probably because Michigan's a queer school.

    @erie-dawg said:

    Probably because Michigan's a queer school.

    You are just a simple, scared, closeted little man, aren't you?

  • @erie-dawg said:

    Probably because Michigan's a queer school.

    You are just a simple, scared, closeted little man, aren't you?

    @mld-woody said:

    You are just a simple, scared, closeted little man, aren't you?

    Nope just stating the facts rated 5th in the country.

    Here is the review;

    The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

    Positives: This campus is known mostly for its colossal student body and football team (which means lots of "curious" athletes!), but what many don't realize is that it has perhaps one of the country's finest musical theater programs.

    Negatives: Do you know how cold it gets in Michigan? Also, there's not much to do in town off-campus, but with a campus this large, it shouldn't matter.

    Which Gays Should Go There: Show queens.

  • You're like a 12 year old

  • So your basicly saying that you can't refute the facts... I'm sure its a decent school though.

  • I wouldn't know about the gay scene in AA. I'm sorry I can't help you with your inquiry. I think our student body president was gay though.

    I do know the school is easily better than any in Ohio though. Part of the reason I ended up there.

  • Didn't have any enquiries

  • I wouldn't know about the gay scene in AA. I'm sorry I can't help you with your inquiry. I think our student body president was gay though.

    I do know the school is easily better than any in Ohio though. Part of the reason I ended up there.

    @mld-woody said:

    I wouldn't know about the gay scene in AA. I'm sorry I can't help you with your inquiry. I think our student body president was gay though.

    I do know the school is easily better than any in Ohio though. Part of the reason I ended up there.

    We have had this discussion before. Michigan isn't better than any in Ohio. It has a good academic reputation among very large universities, but there are a number of smaller, liberal arts colleges here that are considered superior. (and yes, my son just graduated from one of them).

    And among universities it can depend on the particular program. e.g. I would certainly not rank Akron U or Kent State overall as better than Meshuguna....but Akron's engineering program is considered top notch....as is Kent State Fashion design program.

    As for overall, Case Western is considered about on par with Mich...as is Miami, Oh.

  • To your first line, I'm not talking about the States. Hell I'd like to work in the Cleveland area.

    Almost nothing you said their is true. Maybe among 50+ year olds that have lived in Ohio their whole life though.

    Akron engineering doesn't sniff Michigan man...

    In what world is Miami (OH) "on par"?

    If I'm coming off as an ass I'm sorry, but I find thus ridiculous