Nfl Rumors: Firstenergy Stadium Potentially Receiving $200 Million In Upgrades
-
Screw the roof........want to improve the experience, work on parking (ease of access before and after the game). WI FI (already being done) More imformative scoreboards (aslo being done). Plan ahead for up keep and repairs. Keep the seat prices low. (by NFL standards) Enough with the damn roof already.
-
I'd like a roof. Make the thing useful other then for 8 games and two preseason.
-
Screw the roof........want to improve the experience, work on parking (ease of access before and after the game). WI FI (already being done) More imformative scoreboards (aslo being done). Plan ahead for up keep and repairs. Keep the seat prices low. (by NFL standards) Enough with the damn roof already.
Glad to hear about the WiFi, the reception is slim to none in the stadium. Personally can't complain about parking been to far worse venues. During the rain last year at one of the games I tucked under one of the upper level overhangs, and couldn't help but notice how shitty the TV's are under there. Upgrade them to HD, and make them a hell of a lot bigger would be great too.,Screw the roof........want to improve the experience, work on parking (ease of access before and after the game). WI FI (already being done) More imformative scoreboards (aslo being done). Plan ahead for up keep and repairs. Keep the seat prices low. (by NFL standards) Enough with the damn roof already.
-
hope haz uses some of the loot to to bring in a new concessionaire. current product line sucks canal water and the prices are outrageous
-
hope haz uses some of the loot to to bring in a new concessionaire. current product line sucks canal water and the prices are outrageous
-
-
-
I'd like a roof. Make the thing useful other then for 8 games and two preseason.
I'd like a roof. Make the thing useful other then for 8 games and two preseason.
I already thought the idea of a retractable roof wasn't feasible- at least not for a measly $200 million. It's not just the roof- you close in the stadium in rain\cold weather you're got some MAJOR issues with heating\cooling\ventilation. Care to guess how much AC you'd need for around 10 million cubic feet of space? I doubt Haslam would be willing to to shell out that kind of money on the stadium- especially considering the precarious situation with Pilot\Flying J, and the City of Cleveland sure as hell doesn't.
Regarding the concessions getting cheaper- it's never going to happen. Seems to be no shortage of people willing to shell out $7 for a beer, or $4 for a hot dog.

-
-
If they transformed every seat into a Barcolounger, that would be nice,no? I would even wear a tie.


-
If they transformed every seat into a Barcolounger, that would be nice,no? I would even wear a tie.


If they transformed every seat into a Barcolounger, that would be nice,no? I would even wear a tie.

[/quoteWhat.. No cup holder?]
-
-
-
I'd like them to make an upper deck smoking section... It sucks ass walking all the way out the stadium and then all the way back in just to smoke, If they don't do that then next time I'm taking an E-Cigarette! LOL
-
I'd like a roof. Make the thing useful other then for 8 games and two preseason.
I'd like a roof. Make the thing useful other then for 8 games and two preseason.
I agree...It was moronic to not put a roof on the stadium.
-
we'd then lose all 'home-field' advantage of being on lake erie in the winter. (not that it's done us any good lately) but most of the teams that are perennial winners on the east coast and on the north coast don't have roofs (NE, NYG, GB, PITT) all do not.
there's 5 domed stadiums and out of those teams that play under them only the saints and falcons have done anything of late and 4 stadiums with retractable roofs (DAL, HSTN, IND and AZ) which have a couple of contenders.
to me putting a roof on a stadium of a franchise is as storied as ours is like putting a roof on soldier's field or lambeau. sacrilege.
it never should happen.
if your city doesn't have comparable spots for concerts and other events then it must really suck. i'm sure if anybody can make use of the stadium for something other than football, haslam can do it.
hell we could host the flying J beef jerky and frozen coke eat/drink competition.
why the hell don't they host concerts and such there now? most stadiums have removable sod and or ways to cover the field. how do you think yankee stadium hosts NHL games outside?
no ingenuity or marketing STILL. always hated that about the browns owners. -
I'd like a roof. Make the thing useful other then for 8 games and two preseason.
I agree...It was moronic to not put a roof on the stadium.
I agree...It was moronic to not put a roof on the stadium.
Yes, I know how you feel, and I happen to disagree. Sure, I don't like cold weather nearly as much as I did 20 years ago- but you're going to have the nice heated area in back of the Club level if it gets too cold for you.
I haven't heard people in SW Ohio bitching they shouda put a dome over Paul Brown. Put a dome over Gillette in Foxboro? Hell, they were too cheap to even put real seats in the majority of the stadium. Funny the #1 TV market in the country- NYC didn't see fit to dome their shiny new stadium. So you can use it for major conventions? You need the hotel infrastructure to do that- and Cleveland ain't got it. Hosting a few extra revivals, tractor pulls, and drum & cheerleader competitions- won't ever recoup your investment bucks. .Short of freezing rain @ 34 degrees- if you know how to dress properly, cold isn't an issue. I do believe I know what I'm talking about as I've overnight camped (no cars, propane heaters, or bonfires either) in subzero temperatures.
Retrofitting a dome over First Energy is a pipe dream IMHO. Real world $$$ to put a dome over the place would approach what it cost to put up the stadium in the first place. And in the first place, the idea of doming the stadium came up, but the money to do so wasn't there- even if "they" had wanted to.
Though the architects have done a good job of improving the ambiance of the newer domed venues- Lucas Oil or Ford Field- (St Louis' Edward Jones sucks, IMHO)- it still leaves a lot to be desired. If you happen to enjoy it- then save yourself a lot of money, stay home and watch it on the widescreen in your living room. It's about the same feeling. If you want my real world suggestion how to improve the fan experience at the game- and one of my bucket list items is to see the Browns play in every NFL venue- it's widen out the concourse in the 100 level by about 100' , same as it is in the Club level. It was a serious mistake to keep the sardine ambiance the same as it was at the old place- one trip to any of the other newer stadiums is enough to convince you.
Aside to PG- maybe if they legalize weed, they can bring back the infamous "O" Zone of yesteryear, for those that want to imbibe during the game.
-
I live here in the city, theres quite a few national events that can be considered if a roof is added to the stadium, not to mention the biggest reason I want something overhead, weather can kill our supposed pass happy offense we're trying to implement.
Ice cold slippery rock or a solid 65-70 inside no snow, no rain, no WIND, etc etc etc
-
I agree...It was moronic to not put a roof on the stadium.
Yes, I know how you feel, and I happen to disagree. Sure, I don't like cold weather nearly as much as I did 20 years ago- but you're going to have the nice heated area in back of the Club level if it gets too cold for you.
I haven't heard people in SW Ohio bitching they shouda put a dome over Paul Brown. Put a dome over Gillette in Foxboro? Hell, they were too cheap to even put real seats in the majority of the stadium. Funny the #1 TV market in the country- NYC didn't see fit to dome their shiny new stadium. So you can use it for major conventions? You need the hotel infrastructure to do that- and Cleveland ain't got it. Hosting a few extra revivals, tractor pulls, and drum & cheerleader competitions- won't ever recoup your investment bucks. .Short of freezing rain @ 34 degrees- if you know how to dress properly, cold isn't an issue. I do believe I know what I'm talking about as I've overnight camped (no cars, propane heaters, or bonfires either) in subzero temperatures.
Retrofitting a dome over First Energy is a pipe dream IMHO. Real world $$$ to put a dome over the place would approach what it cost to put up the stadium in the first place. And in the first place, the idea of doming the stadium came up, but the money to do so wasn't there- even if "they" had wanted to.
Though the architects have done a good job of improving the ambiance of the newer domed venues- Lucas Oil or Ford Field- (St Louis' Edward Jones sucks, IMHO)- it still leaves a lot to be desired. If you happen to enjoy it- then save yourself a lot of money, stay home and watch it on the widescreen in your living room. It's about the same feeling. If you want my real world suggestion how to improve the fan experience at the game- and one of my bucket list items is to see the Browns play in every NFL venue- it's widen out the concourse in the 100 level by about 100' , same as it is in the Club level. It was a serious mistake to keep the sardine ambiance the same as it was at the old place- one trip to any of the other newer stadiums is enough to convince you.
Aside to PG- maybe if they legalize weed, they can bring back the infamous "O" Zone of yesteryear, for those that want to imbibe during the game.
Yes, I know how you feel, and I happen to disagree. Sure, I don't like cold weather nearly as much as I did 20 years ago- but you're going to have the nice heated area in back of the Club level if it gets too cold for you.
I haven't heard people in SW Ohio bitching they shouda put a dome over Paul Brown. Put a dome over Gillette in Foxboro? Hell, they were too cheap to even put real seats in the majority of the stadium. Funny the #1 TV market in the country- NYC didn't see fit to dome their shiny new stadium. So you can use it for major conventions? You need the hotel infrastructure to do that- and Cleveland ain't got it. Hosting a few extra revivals, tractor pulls, and drum & cheerleader competitions- won't ever recoup your investment bucks. .Short of freezing rain @ 34 degrees- if you know how to dress properly, cold isn't an issue. I do believe I know what I'm talking about as I've overnight camped (no cars, propane heaters, or bonfires either) in subzero temperatures.
Retrofitting a dome over First Energy is a pipe dream IMHO. Real world $$$ to put a dome over the place would approach what it cost to put up the stadium in the first place. And in the first place, the idea of doming the stadium came up, but the money to do so wasn't there- even if "they" had wanted to.
Though the architects have done a good job of improving the ambiance of the newer domed venues- Lucas Oil or Ford Field- (St Louis' Edward Jones sucks, IMHO)- it still leaves a lot to be desired. If you happen to enjoy it- then save yourself a lot of money, stay home and watch it on the widescreen in your living room. It's about the same feeling. If you want my real world suggestion how to improve the fan experience at the game- and one of my bucket list items is to see the Browns play in every NFL venue- it's widen out the concourse in the 100 level by about 100' , same as it is in the Club level. It was a serious mistake to keep the sardine ambiance the same as it was at the old place- one trip to any of the other newer stadiums is enough to convince you.
Aside to PG- maybe if they legalize weed, they can bring back the infamous "O" Zone of yesteryear, for those that want to imbibe during the game.
Just had a huge new convention center open a couple of days ago.
-
we'd then lose all 'home-field' advantage of being on lake erie in the winter. (not that it's done us any good lately) but most of the teams that are perennial winners on the east coast and on the north coast don't have roofs (NE, NYG, GB, PITT) all do not.
there's 5 domed stadiums and out of those teams that play under them only the saints and falcons have done anything of late and 4 stadiums with retractable roofs (DAL, HSTN, IND and AZ) which have a couple of contenders.
to me putting a roof on a stadium of a franchise is as storied as ours is like putting a roof on soldier's field or lambeau. sacrilege.
it never should happen.
if your city doesn't have comparable spots for concerts and other events then it must really suck. i'm sure if anybody can make use of the stadium for something other than football, haslam can do it.
hell we could host the flying J beef jerky and frozen coke eat/drink competition.
why the hell don't they host concerts and such there now? most stadiums have removable sod and or ways to cover the field. how do you think yankee stadium hosts NHL games outside?
no ingenuity or marketing STILL. always hated that about the browns owners.we'd then lose all 'home-field' advantage of being on lake erie in the winter. (not that it's done us any good lately) but most of the teams that are perennial winners on the east coast and on the north coast don't have roofs (NE, NYG, GB, PITT) all do not.
there's 5 domed stadiums and out of those teams that play under them only the saints and falcons have done anything of late and 4 stadiums with retractable roofs (DAL, HSTN, IND and AZ) which have a couple of contenders.
to me putting a roof on a stadium of a franchise is as storied as ours is like putting a roof on soldier's field or lambeau. sacrilege.
it never should happen.
if your city doesn't have comparable spots for concerts and other events then it must really suck. i'm sure if anybody can make use of the stadium for something other than football, haslam can do it.
hell we could host the flying J beef jerky and frozen coke eat/drink competition.
why the hell don't they host concerts and such there now? most stadiums have removable sod and or ways to cover the field. how do you think yankee stadium hosts NHL games outside?
no ingenuity or marketing STILL. always hated that about the browns owners.
I thought Indy's stadium was a permanent roof, not retractable. Am I wrong?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
