Skip to content

Playoff Predictions

The Browns Board
102 27 3.3k
  • Mark Schlereth of ESPN, who I do like has made his playoff predictions for the coming season, and this is how he sees it:

    AFC, IN:

    Broncos

    Patriots

    Texans

    Bengals

    Steelers

    Dolphins

    NFC, In:

    Falcons

    49ers

    Seahawks

    Packers

    Redskins

    Saints

    Now, this prediction flies in the face of recent history....except last year. For like 15 consecutive years at least 5 teams from the previous years playoff teams failed to make it back the following year. Last year was the first time in that time that less than 5 failed to make it. Only 3 made.

    Schlereth has only 3 of last year's playoff team not making it again: Ravens, Colts, Vikings. To be replaced by Steelers, Dolphins, Saints.

    Anyone agree with Schlereth on who gets in? If not....give your playoff teams.

    @the-gipper said:

    Mark Schlereth of ESPN, who I do like has made his playoff predictions for the coming season, and this is how he sees it:

    AFC, IN:

    Broncos

    Patriots

    Texans

    Bengals

    Steelers

    Dolphins

    NFC, In:

    Falcons

    49ers

    Seahawks

    Packers

    Redskins

    Saints

    Now, this prediction flies in the face of recent history....except last year. For like 15 consecutive years at least 5 teams from the previous years playoff teams failed to make it back the following year. Last year was the first time in that time that less than 5 failed to make it. Only 3 made.

    Schlereth has only 3 of last year's playoff team not making it again: Ravens, Colts, Vikings. To be replaced by Steelers, Dolphins, Saints.

    Anyone agree with Schlereth on who gets in? If not....give your playoff teams.

    Tomlin is in his lastyear. Like Marty took a formidable offense with Sipe, and toeter with Kosar weakene it moreand more each year, soo too has Tomlin turned Cowher's Blitzburgh into a sissy defense.

    The Steeers won't over take the Ravens.

    And for the record? Kosar IS a drunk, and I DO know how to spell Emperor

  • Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

  • You spelled Emperor wrong.

    Zombo

  • Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    So, Ghoolie, are you saying that you have no faith in our particular skill players?

    What is it about Weeden you don't like? He has the strongest arm of any Browns QB probably since Vinny Testaverde.

    And Richardson? He gained 950 yards even though he missed some games and played the rest with bad shoulders/Knees/feet.

    What about Gordon and Little? And Travis Benjamin and Davon Bess.

    What about the TE situation?

    What moves could the Browns have made at the skill positions that you would have like to see?

    And I certainly don't think that you can't see the Chud/Norv offensive system as a vast improvement over what Shurmur/Holmgren brought us.

    As for the defense....you DO still have to stop the other team.

    But, do you think the Browns should have done nothing there to improve their talent there? Would you have still liked to have Juqua Parker/Kaluka Maiava/Usama Young over what we have now?

    You can talk all you want about how important the skill players are, and they are. But it is still a 22 man game.

    A guy can have a perfect working heart, a perfect working brain, perfect working lungs, perfect working liver...but, if he gets cancer in his pancreas...he is a dead motherfucker.

    Just think of the Left Tackle as the pancreas of a football team. You need a good working one, for without it, you are a dead motherfucking offense. (picture Samuel Jackson saying these last two line).

    Nice to see you back.

  • Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    I for one am a fan of Goolie he speaks what is on his mind!!!! Love it, Goolie make sure You do not talk about anything but Browns SHHHHH anyways...

    As much as I respect what you are saying I do disagree a little bit, but also know that Browns Fans have blinders on all the time.

    On our players

    I like Weeden- Better than any QB we have had in 10years, but does not mean he will be could he is a "If" player If Weeden cuts donw is INT and adjusts to Chud/Turner Offense

    TRich- Love him, again another If player "If he can stay on the field, and If he can lift his head up"

    Our offense is alot of "Ifs" now we all think they will be good, but they have not proved anything yet!!!!!

    Our Defense is were I disagree with Goolie, We were pretty good last yr and only got better this year, as for Mingo he does not even start which is great!!!! He could be like Smith for the 49ers coming in on passing downs!!!!!

    Browns will win 6 +/- 1 game, would I be shocked if they made the playoffs YES, Every year I hear the same shit about Pittsburgh and every year they find a way to make the playoffs, Balt who knows they lost ALOT OF PLAYERS, Cincy is more than likely the best team in the AFC North

  • You spelled Emperor wrong.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    You spelled Emperor wrong.

    Zombo

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

  • Zombo said:

    You spelled Emperor wrong.

    Zombo

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

    oh boy.

    tis teh doi of teh holadae seezon!

    (this is not happening right? it's just a bad dream?)

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    I for one am a fan of Goolie he speaks what is on his mind!!!! Love it, Goolie make sure You do not talk about anything but Browns SHHHHH anyways...

    As much as I respect what you are saying I do disagree a little bit, but also know that Browns Fans have blinders on all the time.

    On our players

    I like Weeden- Better than any QB we have had in 10years, but does not mean he will be could he is a "If" player If Weeden cuts donw is INT and adjusts to Chud/Turner Offense

    TRich- Love him, again another If player "If he can stay on the field, and If he can lift his head up"

    Our offense is alot of "Ifs" now we all think they will be good, but they have not proved anything yet!!!!!

    Our Defense is were I disagree with Goolie, We were pretty good last yr and only got better this year, as for Mingo he does not even start which is great!!!! He could be like Smith for the 49ers coming in on passing downs!!!!!

    Browns will win 6 +/- 1 game, would I be shocked if they made the playoffs YES, Every year I hear the same shit about Pittsburgh and every year they find a way to make the playoffs, Balt who knows they lost ALOT OF PLAYERS, Cincy is more than likely the best team in the AFC North

    @tampadawgs said:

    I for one am a fan of Goolie he speaks what is on his mind!!!! Love it, Goolie make sure You do not talk about anything but Browns SHHHHH anyways...

    As much as I respect what you are saying I do disagree a little bit, but also know that Browns Fans have blinders on all the time.

    On our players

    I like Weeden- Better than any QB we have had in 10years, but does not mean he will be could he is a "If" player If Weeden cuts donw is INT and adjusts to Chud/Turner Offense

    TRich- Love him, again another If player "If he can stay on the field, and If he can lift his head up"

    Our offense is alot of "Ifs" now we all think they will be good, but they have not proved anything yet!!!!!

    Our Defense is were I disagree with Goolie, We were pretty good last yr and only got better this year, as for Mingo he does not even start which is great!!!! He could be like Smith for the 49ers coming in on passing downs!!!!!

    Browns will win 6 +/- 1 game, would I be shocked if they made the playoffs YES, Every year I hear the same shit about Pittsburgh and every year they find a way to make the playoffs, Balt who knows they lost ALOT OF PLAYERS, Cincy is more than likely the best team in the AFC North

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

  • Mark Schlereth of ESPN, who I do like has made his playoff predictions for the coming season, and this is how he sees it:

    AFC, IN:

    Broncos

    Patriots

    Texans

    Bengals

    Steelers

    Dolphins

    NFC, In:

    Falcons

    49ers

    Seahawks

    Packers

    Redskins

    Saints

    Now, this prediction flies in the face of recent history....except last year. For like 15 consecutive years at least 5 teams from the previous years playoff teams failed to make it back the following year. Last year was the first time in that time that less than 5 failed to make it. Only 3 made.

    Schlereth has only 3 of last year's playoff team not making it again: Ravens, Colts, Vikings. To be replaced by Steelers, Dolphins, Saints.

    Anyone agree with Schlereth on who gets in? If not....give your playoff teams.

    @the-gipper said:

    Mark Schlereth of ESPN, who I do like has made his playoff predictions for the coming season, and this is how he sees it:

    AFC, IN:

    Broncos

    well you better knock them down a notch or two with von miller's upcoming suspension.

    could just be a wild card berth.

    and BTW fuck john elway, the broncos and their holy 'air'. (believe me, did AIT at lowry AFB in aurora in the early eighties......i ran faster times in our PT tests then i had in missouri, kentucky and germany).

    sorta like smokin one of them 'vapor' cigarettes.

    w/o miller they go from a 11 and 5 team to a 9 and 7.

  • Browns

    Bengals

    Broncos

    Colts

    Bills

    Raiders

    NFC, In:

    Falcons

    49ers

    Cardnails

    Packers

    Lions

    Saints

    This is how I see it going down...

  • Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games

    I'll bet you a nickel ($500) the Browns win at least five games

  • I'm actually been smoking the 'vapor' e-cigs for two weeks and two days now... haven't really thought of smoking a real one yet- but, a couple times I almost tried to light the e-cig with a lighter! haha! 🙂

  • I bet $900 they win at least 9 games!

  • I bet $900 they win at least 9 games!

    @poeticg said:

    I bet $900 they win at least 9 games!

    yeah I would probably have to take that, if I didn't have three small children that is. I optimistically see us winning seven games, and making huge strides on both sides of the ball. I just don't think we are a 9-7 team yet
  • Zombo said:

    You spelled Emperor wrong.

    Zombo

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

    So, you spelled it wrong, realized it during your first post, didn't know how to change it, so spelled it right in the post, then decided to refer to it as the "ethnic" spelling.

    Oh well, you'll be entertaining until Hoorta's had enough of you.

    Zombo

  • I bet $900 they win at least 9 games!

    @poeticg said:

    I bet $900 they win at least 9 games!

    I might take some of that action

  • @poeticg said:

    I bet $900 they win at least 9 games!

    I might take some of that action

    @slowburn said:

    I might take some of that act

    🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    Mark Schlereth of ESPN, who I do like has made his playoff predictions for the coming season, and this is how he sees it:

    AFC, IN:

    Broncos

    well you better knock them down a notch or two with von miller's upcoming suspension.

    could just be a wild card berth.

    and BTW fuck john elway, the broncos and their holy 'air'. (believe me, did AIT at lowry AFB in aurora in the early eighties......i ran faster times in our PT tests then i had in missouri, kentucky and germany).

    sorta like smokin one of them 'vapor' cigarettes.

    w/o miller they go from a 11 and 5 team to a 9 and 7.

    @miktoxic said:

    well you better knock them down a notch or two with von miller's upcoming suspension.

    could just be a wild card berth.

    and BTW fuck john elway, the broncos and their holy 'air'. (believe me, did AIT at lowry AFB in aurora in the early eighties......i ran faster times in our PT tests then i had in missouri, kentucky and germany).

    sorta like smokin one of them 'vapor' cigarettes.

    w/o miller they go from a 11 and 5 team to a 9 and 7.

    Assuming Miller misses the first 4 games, their schedule is Ravens (H), Giants (A), Raiders(H), Eagles (H). The Donkeys could easily go 3-1 in that stretch, even without Miller.

  • @tampadawgs said:

    I for one am a fan of Goolie he speaks what is on his mind!!!! Love it, Goolie make sure You do not talk about anything but Browns SHHHHH anyways...

    As much as I respect what you are saying I do disagree a little bit, but also know that Browns Fans have blinders on all the time.

    On our players

    I like Weeden- Better than any QB we have had in 10years, but does not mean he will be could he is a "If" player If Weeden cuts donw is INT and adjusts to Chud/Turner Offense

    TRich- Love him, again another If player "If he can stay on the field, and If he can lift his head up"

    Our offense is alot of "Ifs" now we all think they will be good, but they have not proved anything yet!!!!!

    Our Defense is were I disagree with Goolie, We were pretty good last yr and only got better this year, as for Mingo he does not even start which is great!!!! He could be like Smith for the 49ers coming in on passing downs!!!!!

    Browns will win 6 +/- 1 game, would I be shocked if they made the playoffs YES, Every year I hear the same shit about Pittsburgh and every year they find a way to make the playoffs, Balt who knows they lost ALOT OF PLAYERS, Cincy is more than likely the best team in the AFC North

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

    Ghoolie. I have to wonder if you are even watching what is going on with this team. Your whole mantra is "get guys that can threaten deep". Well, we have one of the fastest men in the NFL in Travis Benjamin...who can flat out burn deep. And did you see what Gordon did going deep last year? On numerous occasion he was burn baby burn.

    Have you noticed that the Browns hired a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator whose philosophies are: "Challenge deep". Have you noticed that they are very happy with the big armed QB we have....who primarily likes to challenge deep?

    Have they done enough to this point to strike ultimate fear in the hearts of the opponents. No, not quite. But then we had rookie, rookie, rookie, 2d year guy, rookie. And those rookies were playing in the Shurmur "three passing yards and a cloud of dust" offense.

    Why don't you take a wait and see attitude toward this team, with its new coaching staff and it new philosophy.

    Or, are you stuck in a time warp and just want to complain about last year? If so, maybe your time out wasn't enough. Maybe you should wait until the middle of the season and by then Rip Van Winkle you will have woken up. A Revolution has occurred while you were asleep.

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

    So, you spelled it wrong, realized it during your first post, didn't know how to change it, so spelled it right in the post, then decided to refer to it as the "ethnic" spelling.

    Oh well, you'll be entertaining until Hoorta's had enough of you.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    So, you spelled it wrong, realized it during your first post, didn't know how to change it, so spelled it right in the post, then decided to refer to it as the "ethnic" spelling.

    Oh well, you'll be entertaining until Hoorta's had enough of you.

    Zombo

    It wasn't so much that I had enough of Ghoolie- I think just about everyone did. Hey- if you need a break from the Board Mr. Tom, just take a break, no need to get everyone POed in the process. 🙂