Browns Cuts
-
A 16-game NFL season is long, with a lot of hits going on. I'm 100% confident in TRich and Ogby as starters, AND am about 90% confident in BJackson as a 3rd option, but just one injury to either of those three... even a short-term injury... and my confidence plummets...
i hear ya. what a difference a couple weeks can make. went from having arrogant depth all over to being razor thin at guard, rb, wr and cb.
injuries are a legit concern moving forward.
i hear ya. what a difference a couple weeks can make. went from having arrogant depth all over to being razor thin at guard, rb, wr and cb.
injuries are a legit concern moving forward.
How are we razor thin at Wr? Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Bess, Nelson, and Cooper. None are "hurt", with the exception of Nelson who is rehabbing from an old injury. Factor in Cameron, Davis and Barnidge who will, at some point, be flexed out and we're fine.
-
i hear ya. what a difference a couple weeks can make. went from having arrogant depth all over to being razor thin at guard, rb, wr and cb.
injuries are a legit concern moving forward.
How are we razor thin at Wr? Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Bess, Nelson, and Cooper. None are "hurt", with the exception of Nelson who is rehabbing from an old injury. Factor in Cameron, Davis and Barnidge who will, at some point, be flexed out and we're fine.
How are we razor thin at Wr? Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Bess, Nelson, and Cooper. None are "hurt", with the exception of Nelson who is rehabbing from an old injury. Factor in Cameron, Davis and Barnidge who will, at some point, be flexed out and we're fine.
Yea, if they were thin at those positions, then why did they just ditch a number of them?
-
Marecic has been cut.
Hardesty on Season ending IR
WR Croom cut
OL Ryan Miller cut
More here:
I see that this FO is divesting itself of the marginal Heckert/Holmgren guys with Miller and Marecic out. Marecic, sure. I wasn't sure Miller was that bad....more hurt than bad.
But they certainly have whittled down that WR corps: Roberson/Norwood/Croom+Tannahill
I see that this FO is divesting itself of the marginal Heckert/Holmgren guys with Miller and Marecic out. Marecic, sure. I wasn't sure Miller was that bad....more hurt than bad.
But they certainly have whittled down that WR corps: Roberson/Norwood/Croom+Tannahill
Looks like Tampa Bay picked up Norwood, not a bad move if he can stay healthy.
Also, we cut Trevin Wade.
-
I see that this FO is divesting itself of the marginal Heckert/Holmgren guys with Miller and Marecic out. Marecic, sure. I wasn't sure Miller was that bad....more hurt than bad.
But they certainly have whittled down that WR corps: Roberson/Norwood/Croom+Tannahill
Looks like Tampa Bay picked up Norwood, not a bad move if he can stay healthy.
Also, we cut Trevin Wade.
Looks like Tampa Bay picked up Norwood, not a bad move if he can stay healthy.
Also, we cut Trevin Wade.
Wade, really? Like I said, these guys want to ditch any later round Heckert selections. Like the CB we picked up? Is he really better than Wade....or is just one of "our guys". In there mind, perhaps, the new guy is better because they picked him, not necessarily because he is actually better.
-
Zombo said:
Yes and Yes.
Hardesty collects a check until he's healthy, then he will, in all likelihood, be cut.
Zombo
until b. jackson goes down.
talk about suck.
-
Richardson will carry the load. The more and more that he proves durable during game time and as throughout the game it will be harder and harder to get him to come out the game. He will be taking 90% of 1st through 3rd downs by mid-season.
Smelley will be the FB as well. Obi will spell Richardson and Smelley after they've gotten their 150 yards per game.

-
I dont post on here much, because people think I spam the site, but I can confirm both of these cuts
I talked to both of them earlier. They were released 2 hours ago.
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/browns_release_preseason_hero_cordell_roberson/14377112I dont post on here much, because people think I spam the site, but I can confirm both of these cuts
I talked to both of them earlier. They were released 2 hours ago.
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/browns_release_preseason_hero_cordell_roberson/14377112
She spams the forum by linking her own website here instead of just telling us who "both" of them are that were cut.
I'd advise all to not click on links such as the one provided, they could be unsafe.
-
I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Beanie with the injuries to our RBs. I also wouldn't mind Joe McKnight. Two very different style runners, but backs that have actually played in the league and somewhat produced when healthy. Not like either player would see many touches, but I think it could be worth a look.
-
-
Latest on Browns Roster:
Browns' final roster may lean heavily on waivers
Banner and Chudzinski are saying emphatically what Lombardi, who seldom comes up for air in public, is not. That is, Cleveland will play the waiver wire hard.
Could be a bit different Team than what we went through the Pre-Season with.
Personally, I wouldn't mind us picking up a good RB (since we lost Lewis), CB, an RG if available.
Could be an interesting Weekend.
-
David Nelson is gone
-
Glad to see Schmidt lasted 3 days since his signing on the 28th. No wonder the travel expense account is skyrocketing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login