Skip to content

Wishful Prediction

The Browns Board
10 5 398
  • Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCE: Buffalo

    AFCN: Cleveland

    AFCS: Tennessee

    AFCW: San Diego

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    NFCN: Detroit

    NFCS: Atlanta

    NFCW: Arizona

    WCs: Vikings, Seahawks

  • and her is mine ... I had a hard time picking a tean in the AFCS I could stomach, don't like any of them



    AFCE: Buffalo


    AFCN: Cleveland


    AFCS: Houston


    AFCW: Oakland



    WCs: Kansas City/San Diego



    NFCE: Washington


    NFCN: Detroit


    NFCS: New Orleans


    NFCW: San Francisco



    WCs: Bears, Packers

  • Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCE: Buffalo

    AFCN: Cleveland

    AFCS: Tennessee

    AFCW: San Diego

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    NFCN: Detroit

    NFCS: Atlanta

    NFCW: Arizona

    WCs: Vikings, Seahawks

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCE: Buffalo

    AFCN: Cleveland

    AFCS: Tennessee

    AFCW: San Diego

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    NFCN: Detroit

    NFCS: Atlanta

    NFCW: Arizona

    WCs: Vikings, Seahawks

    Jets ???? they might win 2 games this year, and thats a big maybe

    Buffalo- Has NO QB

    Arizona- 7 win team

    Lions- Could be good, but bad coaching

    San Diego- Overrated

    Just my 2 cents 🙂

  • San Diego my second favorite team since I used to go and watch their games when I was stationed there (when they Had Dan Fouts and Winslow).

  • Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCE: Buffalo

    AFCN: Cleveland

    AFCS: Tennessee

    AFCW: San Diego

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    NFCN: Detroit

    NFCS: Atlanta

    NFCW: Arizona

    WCs: Vikings, Seahawks

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCN: Cleveland

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    You're seriously wishing for Philly? Really? Philadelphians are by far the most obnoxious Pennsylvanians...and I'd say the most obnoxious sports fan in the entire country. As much as you may hate Pittsburgher's and the Steelers, our obnoxiousness is like garbage bag compared to the landfill that Philadelphia is. And besides, their QB abuses Cleveland's mascot.

    I would be absolutely shocked if Cincinnati doesn't win the ACFN Division crown this year. I'm not convinced another team from the North will make the play-offs. There's some pluses and negatives regarding the Ravens, Steelers and Browns. I just can't sort out what the order will be, and I don't see any of them with a record better than 10-6...which is worst I see the Bengals finishing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCE: Buffalo

    AFCN: Cleveland

    AFCS: Tennessee

    AFCW: San Diego

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    NFCN: Detroit

    NFCS: Atlanta

    NFCW: Arizona

    WCs: Vikings, Seahawks

    Jets ???? they might win 2 games this year, and thats a big maybe

    Buffalo- Has NO QB

    Arizona- 7 win team

    Lions- Could be good, but bad coaching

    San Diego- Overrated

    Just my 2 cents 🙂

    @tampadawgs said:

    Jets ???? they might win 2 games this year, and thats a big maybe

    Buffalo- Has NO QB

    Arizona- 7 win team

    Lions- Could be good, but bad coaching

    San Diego- Overrated

    Just my 2 cents 🙂

    I didn't say this is who I thought would win, just who I wish would win

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCN: Cleveland

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    You're seriously wishing for Philly? Really? Philadelphians are by far the most obnoxious Pennsylvanians...and I'd say the most obnoxious sports fan in the entire country. As much as you may hate Pittsburgher's and the Steelers, our obnoxiousness is like garbage bag compared to the landfill that Philadelphia is. And besides, their QB abuses Cleveland's mascot.

    I would be absolutely shocked if Cincinnati doesn't win the ACFN Division crown this year. I'm not convinced another team from the North will make the play-offs. There's some pluses and negatives regarding the Ravens, Steelers and Browns. I just can't sort out what the order will be, and I don't see any of them with a record better than 10-6...which is worst I see the Bengals finishing.

    @bendmeover said:

    You're seriously wishing for Philly? Really? Philadelphians are by far the most obnoxious Pennsylvanians...and I'd say the most obnoxious sports fan in the entire country. As much as you may hate Pittsburgher's and the Steelers, our obnoxiousness is like garbage bag compared to the landfill that Philadelphia is. And besides, their QB abuses Cleveland's mascot.

    I would be absolutely shocked if Cincinnati doesn't win the ACFN Division crown this year. I'm not convinced another team from the North will make the play-offs. There's some pluses and negatives regarding the Ravens, Steelers and Browns. I just can't sort out what the order will be, and I don't see any of them with a record better than 10-6...which is worst I see the Bengals finishing.

    Yes, I would rather have the Eagles win that division as opposed to the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys. Again, this is wish list...not a "I predict" list. Plus I have a couple of former roomates from Philly....and my nephew's wife is from Philly. So, I got a few Philly ties. And it is overall stupidity and ignorance that I dislike about Peetown fans.not their obnoxiousness. (though, perhaps you are the rare exception that doesn't fit that boat)

  • Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    AFCE: Buffalo

    AFCN: Cleveland

    AFCS: Tennessee

    AFCW: San Diego

    WCs: Jets/Bengals

    NFCE: Philly

    NFCN: Detroit

    NFCS: Atlanta

    NFCW: Arizona

    WCs: Vikings, Seahawks

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is the way I would like to see it as to who gets in the playoffs:

    OK, my motivation for these choices:

    AFCE: Buffalo no title since 1965

    AFCN: Cleveland no title since 1964...aside from the fact it is "us".

    AFCS: Tennessee no title since 1961 as Houston Oilers

    AFCW: San Diego no title since 1963

    WCs: Jets..no title since 1968/Bengals..no title since team inception in 1968

    NFCE: Philly no title since 1960

    NFCN: Detroit...no title since 1957

    NFCS: Atlanta...no title since team inception in 1967

    NFCW: Arizona...no title since 1947 as Chicago Cardinals

    WCs: Vikings...no title since team inception in 1960, Seahawks...no title since team inception since 1976

    And, OK, lets ask this question: Have any of you been born since 1968 (or Jan. 1969). If born after that date none of all these teams have won a title in your lifetimes. That is....anyone who is under 45 years old. Jets win in 1968 the last title for every one of these teams (including Seattle originated in 1976).

    Consider: an entire NFL playoff field without a team who has won a title in 45 years.

  • Here's how I arrived at my "wishful predictions"

    1. Eliminate teams I hate

    Steelers

    2. Eliminate front running gay teams

    Cowboys

    3 Eliminate cities that stole other franchises

    Ravens, Colts, Titans, Rams, Cardinals

    4 Eliminate expansion franchises whose existence caused a vacuum that caused other teams to move

    Jacksonville, Carolina

    4 Eliminate any other bastardized franchises that stole their concept form another team

    Bengals

    5 Eliminate teams that caused great heatbreak to the Browns

    Broncos

    6 Eliminate all teams from obnoxious New York and Boston

    Giants, Jets, Patriots

    7 Eliminate all teams from obnoxious Texas

    (The Texans would have gotten eliminated here but the rest of their division was already gone)

    That left in the AFC:

    Bills

    Dolphins

    Browns

    Texans

    Raiders

    Chiefs

    Chargers

    I then eliminated dolphins because their fans are pussies.

    In the NFC we had:

    Redskins

    Eagles

    Packers

    Lions

    Vikings

    bears

    Falcons

    Saints

    Buccaneers

    49ers

    Seahawks

    So, I eliminated the Seahawks and Bucs because I have suffered longer than they have been around. And then I eliminated the Vikings because they had the least seniority of the NFC North teams.

    Then I just picked New Orleans over Atlanta because I enjoyed partying in New Orleans.

  • Well let me see if I can do a similar analysis from my own perspective:..

    Seahawks...eliminate because of silly logo/colors and because that town likes soccer too much.

    Raiders....keep in because they seem to be the Hell's Angels teams and because they come off as badasses

    49ers...eliminate because they attract too many winesipping yuppie types.

    Chargers....keep because San Diego has nice weather and I like their powder blues.

    Arizona...eliminate...Cardinals had no business moving there from St. Louis

    Broncos....eliminate for the same reason as you...horsehead team run by a horseface guy.

    Cowboys/Texans...eliminate because, yea, you can't root for DumbAss Texans and the biggest FRAK team on the planet.

    Saints..., keep because they have cool unis...and because they are in NO...and who don't like Bourbon St.

    Chiefs...keep because they have great fans....similar to Browns

    Rams...eliminate....should never left LA.

    Vikings....keep...because my son lives there now and so do cousins.

    Packers....keep...because they are the only community owned team, and my wife is from Wisc.

    Bears....keep...because who don't like Chicago

    Colts...eliminate. Should never have left Baltimore

    Detroit...keep....that city needs something...and who don't like a color called "Honolulu Blue".

    Cleveland...obvious

    Cincinnati... eliminate. Those stripes are getting tacky looking...and yes, they are but a bastard stepchild of a team.

    Tennessee...Shoulda never left Houston..eliminate

    Atlanta...kinda neutral....they have been a nothingburger since creation. Atlanta a little to yuppified for me. If forced...eliminate

    Tampa Bay...eliminate...fans too fickle and transient

    Miami...eliminate. They got LeBron, let them suck on his nuts.

    Jacksonville....keep. I don't have the same bias against new teams as Z. Name goes good with the town. Plus, they seem harmless.

    Carolina. Ordinarily I would elimate, because I don't care for teams that can't figure out where they are...Pick a state...a town, whatever. Yea. Eliminate

    Washington. Keep, I guess. Though I agree they name is racist.

    Baltimore...eliminate. A team born of a cum shot.

    Pittsburgh..eliminate. Dumbest fans on the planet

    Philadelphia...keep. Having obnoxious fans is no detraction for me. Friends and family in the area.

    Buffalo...keep. Cleveland's kid brother.

    NY Giants/NY Jets/NE Patriots. ESPN suckles the east coast teat enough. I don't need to.