Skip to content

Thank God for the Jaguars

The Browns Board
26 16 1.4k
  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #16

    See I'd sign him and here's why. God hates Cleveland. But if sign the son of God to play QB for our team, it just might break the curse because God would be confused and stop torturing us like this...

  • See I'd sign him and here's why. God hates Cleveland. But if sign the son of God to play QB for our team, it just might break the curse because God would be confused and stop torturing us like this...

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mark-o said:

    See I'd sign him and here's why. God hates Cleveland. But if sign the son of God to play QB for our team, it just might break the curse because God would be confused and stop torturing us like this...

    Perhaps. 😎 Though I'm wondering if it's some bad Karma from something that happened in this city's past. There are a lot of good things going on in this city right now, but we've had a fair share of shady leaders in this town that have done some bad things. Then of course regarding the Browns there was Modell purchasing the team and firing Paul Brown shortly after.

  • @mark-o said:

    See I'd sign him and here's why. God hates Cleveland. But if sign the son of God to play QB for our team, it just might break the curse because God would be confused and stop torturing us like this...

    Perhaps. 😎 Though I'm wondering if it's some bad Karma from something that happened in this city's past. There are a lot of good things going on in this city right now, but we've had a fair share of shady leaders in this town that have done some bad things. Then of course regarding the Browns there was Modell purchasing the team and firing Paul Brown shortly after.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Perhaps. 😎 Though I'm wondering if it's some bad Karma from something that happened in this city's past. There are a lot of good things going on in this city right now, but we've had a fair share of shady leaders in this town that have done some bad things. Then of course regarding the Browns there was Modell purchasing the team and firing Paul Brown shortly after.

    Well, honestly, I can't seem to recall any other City that's actually had one of its' rivers catch fire . . . they're (rivers) generally not that Flammable.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Actually there's quite a few cities that have had rivers and other bodies of water catch fire. PBS had a cool documentary on it not long ago.

    Fracking is causing people's tap water to catch on fire right now. Look it up.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #20



    Here ill save you the trouble.
  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #21

    Here's an article about rivers that have caught fire. It happened in at least four different states around the great lakes.

    http://www.environmentalcouncil.org/priorities/article.php?x=264

  • Here's an article about rivers that have caught fire. It happened in at least four different states around the great lakes.

    http://www.environmentalcouncil.org/priorities/article.php?x=264

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Here's an article about rivers that have caught fire. It happened in at least four different states around the great lakes.

    http://www.environmentalcouncil.org/priorities/article.php?x=264

    LOL, I stand corrected.

    I didn't live in the area at the time, but I remember the Media brouha over it.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #23

    companies dumping toxins into water supplies, mob influences. corruption and stupidity on every level......yeah it might buy ya a little bad kharma.

    i thought tim tebow wanted to save africa and turn everyone evangelistic christians? guess he's worried about the war lords that carry around militia with ak47s. sorry tim, god can't protect you from a bullet in the head.

    just ask the people shot dead (oops, they're dead, can't ask them) today in another mass shooting in DC how god loves guns and bullets, and hates those that get in the way of them.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Perhaps. 😎 Though I'm wondering if it's some bad Karma from something that happened in this city's past. There are a lot of good things going on in this city right now, but we've had a fair share of shady leaders in this town that have done some bad things. Then of course regarding the Browns there was Modell purchasing the team and firing Paul Brown shortly after.

    Well, honestly, I can't seem to recall any other City that's actually had one of its' rivers catch fire . . . they're (rivers) generally not that Flammable.

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @jafbf said:

    Well, honestly, I can't seem to recall any other City that's actually had one of its' rivers catch fire . . . they're (rivers) generally not that Flammable.

    Honestly, it could have happened in any other rust belt city. And the Cuyahoga River has been cleaned up substantially since that incident.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Do yourself a favor and buy a good water filter or drink spring water.

  • @jafbf said:

    Well, honestly, I can't seem to recall any other City that's actually had one of its' rivers catch fire . . . they're (rivers) generally not that Flammable.

    Honestly, it could have happened in any other rust belt city. And the Cuyahoga River has been cleaned up substantially since that incident.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Honestly, it could have happened in any other rust belt city. And the Cuyahoga River has been cleaned up substantially since that incident.

    Yes, you can thank the EPA for that- but also a lot of the heavy industry that was causing the pollution is no more. I used to work down in the Flats in that time period- and I saw small rivulets of creosote oil (the stuff that's used to treat telephone poles) running towards the river. One of the steel mills coke plants (coal purification) would regularly send up a cloud of acid rain that could take the paint finish off your car- or their BOF (basic oxygen furnace) would occasionally send a mushroom cloud of rust a couple hundred feet in the air when they fired it up. 😕