Skip to content

There isn't a franchise QB in the upcoming draft

The Browns Board
79 30 3.7k
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    College talent is nothing compared to NFL talent as evidenced by recent picks Colt McCoy, Trent Richardson and Weeden.

    Luck had college talent. So did Peterson, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Drew Brees... So, what's your point?

    Cbus BrownieC Cbus Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @thenew23 said:

    Luck had college talent. So did Peterson, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Drew Brees... So, what's your point?

    So did Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, and Jamarcus Russell. You think Manziel has the arm for a pro style offense? No.

  • @miktoxic said:

    my man. hit it right on the nose. fix the OL give haden and ward help then focus on these flashy divas that everyone is lining up to give blow jobs to even before the 3rd week of the NFL let alone the 3rd week of a 10 game schedule in college football.

    i could care less if your were born in timbukfukin2 just block the defensive threat to the QB open holes for a running back and be able to shut down the opposing teams offense.

    sound familiar. super bowl winning giants. super bowl winning ravens (even with dilfer). giants did it once with hostettlar (go ahead yungins go google it) ravens with dilfer. it was all about opposing will on both lines, pass rush, shut down corners and a solid offensive attack led by the run and no cough-up turnovers.

    i mean we were more than 3/4 of the way after free agency last year and we couldn't pick a corner or a fucking guard that can actually play?

    our FO(s) plural since our return will go down in history as the most inept bunch of dumbasses in history.

    I disagree. Solid front 7, and good secondary are important. O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy). The most important is having guys who can get open by either running good routes, creating mismatches, or just having a knack for being in the right spot in the defense. The QB has to be on the same page as those guys who run option routes and have to be able to anticipate the WRs next move. We need a QB who can anticipate and throw WRs open, and we also need WRs who are smart and sure-handed. These 2 skills are now being taught in college more than ever before. We also may still need a Big Play threat, but I think Gordon can be that guy... if he keeps his nose clean. A CB and G would not have lead to 2-0 this year... we need weapons.

    Remember Brady wins when he has weapons. Rodgers wins with great weapons around him. Flacco got lucky b/c he had good weapons around him. Peyton Manning has always had weapons. Big Ben always had weapons. Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Kosar... and on and on and on... without offensive weapons, you are in the tank. The reality of the NFL today. You also have to have a solid line and front 7, which we already have...

    Cbus BrownieC Cbus Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @thenew23 said:

    I disagree. Solid front 7, and good secondary are important. O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy). The most important is having guys who can get open by either running good routes, creating mismatches, or just having a knack for being in the right spot in the defense. The QB has to be on the same page as those guys who run option routes and have to be able to anticipate the WRs next move. We need a QB who can anticipate and throw WRs open, and we also need WRs who are smart and sure-handed. These 2 skills are now being taught in college more than ever before. We also may still need a Big Play threat, but I think Gordon can be that guy... if he keeps his nose clean. A CB and G would not have lead to 2-0 this year... we need weapons.

    Remember Brady wins when he has weapons. Rodgers wins with great weapons around him. Flacco got lucky b/c he had good weapons around him. Peyton Manning has always had weapons. Big Ben always had weapons. Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Kosar... and on and on and on... without offensive weapons, you are in the tank. The reality of the NFL today. You also have to have a solid line and front 7, which we already have...

    We already have a serviceable Oline? Have you been watching the games? I know you meant WITH lauvao and Pinkston, and that's what I'm referring to, not the abomination combination of Greco and Cousins. Oh ya and btw, Mitchell Schwartz is statistically the worst OLINEMAN in the NFL through 2 weeks. We're "solid"?

  • @thenew23 said:

    I disagree. Solid front 7, and good secondary are important. O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy). The most important is having guys who can get open by either running good routes, creating mismatches, or just having a knack for being in the right spot in the defense. The QB has to be on the same page as those guys who run option routes and have to be able to anticipate the WRs next move. We need a QB who can anticipate and throw WRs open, and we also need WRs who are smart and sure-handed. These 2 skills are now being taught in college more than ever before. We also may still need a Big Play threat, but I think Gordon can be that guy... if he keeps his nose clean. A CB and G would not have lead to 2-0 this year... we need weapons.

    Remember Brady wins when he has weapons. Rodgers wins with great weapons around him. Flacco got lucky b/c he had good weapons around him. Peyton Manning has always had weapons. Big Ben always had weapons. Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Kosar... and on and on and on... without offensive weapons, you are in the tank. The reality of the NFL today. You also have to have a solid line and front 7, which we already have...

    We already have a serviceable Oline? Have you been watching the games? I know you meant WITH lauvao and Pinkston, and that's what I'm referring to, not the abomination combination of Greco and Cousins. Oh ya and btw, Mitchell Schwartz is statistically the worst OLINEMAN in the NFL through 2 weeks. We're "solid"?

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @cbus-brownie said:

    We already have a serviceable Oline? Have you been watching the games? I know you meant WITH lauvao and Pinkston, and that's what I'm referring to, not the abomination combination of Greco and Cousins. Oh ya and btw, Mitchell Schwartz is statistically the worst OLINEMAN in the NFL through 2 weeks. We're "solid"?

    Even when the oline was all together last year they really weren't that special.

  • @miktoxic said:

    my man. hit it right on the nose. fix the OL give haden and ward help then focus on these flashy divas that everyone is lining up to give blow jobs to even before the 3rd week of the NFL let alone the 3rd week of a 10 game schedule in college football.

    i could care less if your were born in timbukfukin2 just block the defensive threat to the QB open holes for a running back and be able to shut down the opposing teams offense.

    sound familiar. super bowl winning giants. super bowl winning ravens (even with dilfer). giants did it once with hostettlar (go ahead yungins go google it) ravens with dilfer. it was all about opposing will on both lines, pass rush, shut down corners and a solid offensive attack led by the run and no cough-up turnovers.

    i mean we were more than 3/4 of the way after free agency last year and we couldn't pick a corner or a fucking guard that can actually play?

    our FO(s) plural since our return will go down in history as the most inept bunch of dumbasses in history.

    I disagree. Solid front 7, and good secondary are important. O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy). The most important is having guys who can get open by either running good routes, creating mismatches, or just having a knack for being in the right spot in the defense. The QB has to be on the same page as those guys who run option routes and have to be able to anticipate the WRs next move. We need a QB who can anticipate and throw WRs open, and we also need WRs who are smart and sure-handed. These 2 skills are now being taught in college more than ever before. We also may still need a Big Play threat, but I think Gordon can be that guy... if he keeps his nose clean. A CB and G would not have lead to 2-0 this year... we need weapons.

    Remember Brady wins when he has weapons. Rodgers wins with great weapons around him. Flacco got lucky b/c he had good weapons around him. Peyton Manning has always had weapons. Big Ben always had weapons. Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Kosar... and on and on and on... without offensive weapons, you are in the tank. The reality of the NFL today. You also have to have a solid line and front 7, which we already have...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @thenew23 said:

    O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy).

    You also have to have a solid line ... which we already have...

    Adequate = Solid? Not in my book, but does not matter since I disagree.

    Even if I agreed that our best five are "adequate" (which I do not), lines rarely make it through a season intact.

    You really have to be seven deep with a spare interior OL and spare OT... And your starting RT has to be at least an adequate LT... and no way we have an adequate back up LT.

    You don't have to spend 1's on any OL except LT, but spending 3's and the occasional 2 are a wise investment. Your stud QB throwing to his "weapons" will thank you...

  • @thenew23 said:

    I disagree. Solid front 7, and good secondary are important. O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy). The most important is having guys who can get open by either running good routes, creating mismatches, or just having a knack for being in the right spot in the defense. The QB has to be on the same page as those guys who run option routes and have to be able to anticipate the WRs next move. We need a QB who can anticipate and throw WRs open, and we also need WRs who are smart and sure-handed. These 2 skills are now being taught in college more than ever before. We also may still need a Big Play threat, but I think Gordon can be that guy... if he keeps his nose clean. A CB and G would not have lead to 2-0 this year... we need weapons.

    Remember Brady wins when he has weapons. Rodgers wins with great weapons around him. Flacco got lucky b/c he had good weapons around him. Peyton Manning has always had weapons. Big Ben always had weapons. Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Kosar... and on and on and on... without offensive weapons, you are in the tank. The reality of the NFL today. You also have to have a solid line and front 7, which we already have...

    oh i agree weapons are necessary but having the smarts is the main reason those QBs are successful.

    also now that denver has lost their start LT lets see how it plays out for manning the rest of the year. i know he gets the ball out fast, but i guarantee you he'll be taking some shots.

    it's not that i don't know we need a franchise QB and a top notch WR, it's that we've had these 2 other GLARING fucking holes for god knows how long (well since haden became a shut down corner) that it seems like these dopes will never plug those holes. if we had another stand out corner and maybe another safety the defense would be complete. finute. you wouldn't have to worry about anything else on that side of the ball except maybe depth which you can fill in with FAs or even UDFAs.

    just give me that lord and a right guard and you guys can have a field day drafting every offensive diva from here to mars.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @miktoxic said:

    oh i agree weapons are necessary but having the smarts is the main reason those QBs are successful.

    also now that denver has lost their start LT lets see how it plays out for manning the rest of the year. i know he gets the ball out fast, but i guarantee you he'll be taking some shots.

    it's not that i don't know we need a franchise QB and a top notch WR, it's that we've had these 2 other GLARING fucking holes for god knows how long (well since haden became a shut down corner) that it seems like these dopes will never plug those holes. if we had another stand out corner and maybe another safety the defense would be complete. finute. you wouldn't have to worry about anything else on that side of the ball except maybe depth which you can fill in with FAs or even UDFAs.

    just give me that lord and a right guard and you guys can have a field day drafting every offensive diva from here to mars.

    You don't take a RG with a first round pick unless he is truly something special. Like a once in a lifetime talent with 200 pancakes a season and 0 sacks type player.

    The talent differential between a 1st round OG and a mid round OG is a lot different than that of, say, WR or CB or QB. It's much more common to see mid round prospects at OG have solid careers than it is for mid round QBs and CBs.

    I do agree, we need a OG. A real OG. But I think we can find a good one in rounds 2-4, if our scouts are worth their salt.

  • @thenew23 said:

    O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy).

    You also have to have a solid line ... which we already have...

    Adequate = Solid? Not in my book, but does not matter since I disagree.

    Even if I agreed that our best five are "adequate" (which I do not), lines rarely make it through a season intact.

    You really have to be seven deep with a spare interior OL and spare OT... And your starting RT has to be at least an adequate LT... and no way we have an adequate back up LT.

    You don't have to spend 1's on any OL except LT, but spending 3's and the occasional 2 are a wise investment. Your stud QB throwing to his "weapons" will thank you...

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tour2ma said:

    Adequate = Solid? Not in my book, but does not matter since I disagree.

    Even if I agreed that our best five are "adequate" (which I do not), lines rarely make it through a season intact.

    You really have to be seven deep with a spare interior OL and spare OT... And your starting RT has to be at least an adequate LT... and no way we have an adequate back up LT.

    You don't have to spend 1's on any OL except LT, but spending 3's and the occasional 2 are a wise investment. Your stud QB throwing to his "weapons" will thank you...

    The problem is:

    We have two first rounders, a second rounder and two third rounders already starting for us if we ever get Greco and Lauvao together and ditch Cousins.

    What say you to that?

    I also believe we have shoddy line play as well, but I don't think it's because the talent isn't there. The offensive line is a cohesive unit, more than any other positional groupings on the field. They have to play together and learn how the person next to him thinks and what he sees.

    Thomas has to know whether his guard is scraping to get to the second level or when the blitzing ROLB is his priority. Mack needs to know his teammates abilities in order to call out assignments. For instance, it may be easier for Lauvao to peel when he's uncovered than it is for Greco or Pinkston. So when there's no 3 technique and an edge blitz is detected, Mack's call might be a slide with Pinkston in but a peel and fill when Lauvao is in.

    All of these things have to be determined in a split second and relayed to the other four OL. People like to just pile on the hog mollies and say that it's the easiest job in football but nobody realizes whst really goes into it. I'd take an OL on my trivia team before any other position on the field.

  • @miktoxic said:

    oh i agree weapons are necessary but having the smarts is the main reason those QBs are successful.

    also now that denver has lost their start LT lets see how it plays out for manning the rest of the year. i know he gets the ball out fast, but i guarantee you he'll be taking some shots.

    it's not that i don't know we need a franchise QB and a top notch WR, it's that we've had these 2 other GLARING fucking holes for god knows how long (well since haden became a shut down corner) that it seems like these dopes will never plug those holes. if we had another stand out corner and maybe another safety the defense would be complete. finute. you wouldn't have to worry about anything else on that side of the ball except maybe depth which you can fill in with FAs or even UDFAs.

    just give me that lord and a right guard and you guys can have a field day drafting every offensive diva from here to mars.

    You don't take a RG with a first round pick unless he is truly something special. Like a once in a lifetime talent with 200 pancakes a season and 0 sacks type player.

    The talent differential between a 1st round OG and a mid round OG is a lot different than that of, say, WR or CB or QB. It's much more common to see mid round prospects at OG have solid careers than it is for mid round QBs and CBs.

    I do agree, we need a OG. A real OG. But I think we can find a good one in rounds 2-4, if our scouts are worth their salt.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You don't take a RG with a first round pick unless he is truly something special. Like a once in a lifetime talent with 200 pancakes a season and 0 sacks type player.

    The talent differential between a 1st round OG and a mid round OG is a lot different than that of, say, WR or CB or QB. It's much more common to see mid round prospects at OG have solid careers than it is for mid round QBs and CBs.

    I do agree, we need a OG. A real OG. But I think we can find a good one in rounds 2-4, if our scouts are worth their salt.

    never said first pick. i don't care what order they come in BUT can we for once pick a selection for need over best available player?

  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Bridgewater, Johnny Football, Boyd, Mariota, Hundley Murray, McCarron.

    These are all capable QBs potentially to get us to the promised land. Yeah T rich sucks, but the WR draft class is pretty weak next year so what are we going to do with that pick? CB?

    No need to tank AT ALL this year. We could have played out the season get 3-4 more wins and STILL get a GREAT QB--even if 2-3 of them don't declare, we'd still end up with a good one.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Well it looks like were dead set on first dibs. And I like the WR at the top. Cant wait to see what Evans from A&M's 40 time is.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #43

    i thought you were the leader of the thread "great trade by the browns TR is a bum."

    so what are you exactly saying now? would you consider drafting CBs Ss and OLmen before QBs and RBs and WRs?

    you got the same weed guy as me?

    chronic will swallow your brain sometimes.

  • @thenew23 said:

    O-line is important, but our guys are adequate (when healthy).

    You also have to have a solid line ... which we already have...

    Adequate = Solid? Not in my book, but does not matter since I disagree.

    Even if I agreed that our best five are "adequate" (which I do not), lines rarely make it through a season intact.

    You really have to be seven deep with a spare interior OL and spare OT... And your starting RT has to be at least an adequate LT... and no way we have an adequate back up LT.

    You don't have to spend 1's on any OL except LT, but spending 3's and the occasional 2 are a wise investment. Your stud QB throwing to his "weapons" will thank you...

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tour2ma said:

    You don't have to spend 1's on any OL except LT, but spending 3's and the occasional 2 are a wise investment. Your stud QB throwing to his "weapons" will thank you...

    I'm pretty sure I said just about the same thing. .

    This team needs a QB and WRs more than o-linemen RIGHT NOW!!

    I never said you don't need a good line. I just think Thomas, Greco, Mack is solid. Schwartz is young and still developing, and is getting yanked down each week by playing next to cousins. I think Lauvao playing RG will make that side of the line remarkably better (which means slightly above average). We have a good backup inside in Pinkston. We have a good backup T on IR who we got as a UDFA. And why do we need to waste a pick on a good backup LT??? To backup MR. never missed a snap???

    @cbus-brownie said:

    So did Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, and Jamarcus Russell. You think Manziel has the arm for a pro style offense? No.

    And, why did you ask a question then answer it? That's just annoying...

    Did you watch the A&M - Alabama game last week? NO. Haha see now I did that to you... 😁

  • @tour2ma said:

    You don't have to spend 1's on any OL except LT, but spending 3's and the occasional 2 are a wise investment. Your stud QB throwing to his "weapons" will thank you...

    I'm pretty sure I said just about the same thing. .

    This team needs a QB and WRs more than o-linemen RIGHT NOW!!

    I never said you don't need a good line. I just think Thomas, Greco, Mack is solid. Schwartz is young and still developing, and is getting yanked down each week by playing next to cousins. I think Lauvao playing RG will make that side of the line remarkably better (which means slightly above average). We have a good backup inside in Pinkston. We have a good backup T on IR who we got as a UDFA. And why do we need to waste a pick on a good backup LT??? To backup MR. never missed a snap???

    @cbus-brownie said:

    So did Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, and Jamarcus Russell. You think Manziel has the arm for a pro style offense? No.

    And, why did you ask a question then answer it? That's just annoying...

    Did you watch the A&M - Alabama game last week? NO. Haha see now I did that to you... 😁

    Cbus BrownieC Cbus Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @thenew23 said:

    I'm pretty sure I said just about the same thing. .

    This team needs a QB and WRs more than o-linemen RIGHT NOW!!

    I never said you don't need a good line. I just think Thomas, Greco, Mack is solid. Schwartz is young and still developing, and is getting yanked down each week by playing next to cousins. I think Lauvao playing RG will make that side of the line remarkably better (which means slightly above average). We have a good backup inside in Pinkston. We have a good backup T on IR who we got as a UDFA. And why do we need to waste a pick on a good backup LT??? To backup MR. never missed a snap???

    And, why did you ask a question then answer it? That's just annoying...

    Did you watch the A&M - Alabama game last week? NO. Haha see now I did that to you... 😁

    Don't make idiotic comments like this, "Luck had college talent. So did Peterson, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Drew Brees... So, what's your point?", and I won't have to answer the most simple of questions for you. Manziel is not a long term NFL talent.

  • @tour2ma said:

    You don't have to spend 1's on any OL except LT, but spending 3's and the occasional 2 are a wise investment. Your stud QB throwing to his "weapons" will thank you...

    I'm pretty sure I said just about the same thing. .

    This team needs a QB and WRs more than o-linemen RIGHT NOW!!

    I never said you don't need a good line. I just think Thomas, Greco, Mack is solid. Schwartz is young and still developing, and is getting yanked down each week by playing next to cousins. I think Lauvao playing RG will make that side of the line remarkably better (which means slightly above average). We have a good backup inside in Pinkston. We have a good backup T on IR who we got as a UDFA. And why do we need to waste a pick on a good backup LT??? To backup MR. never missed a snap???

    @cbus-brownie said:

    So did Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, and Jamarcus Russell. You think Manziel has the arm for a pro style offense? No.

    And, why did you ask a question then answer it? That's just annoying...

    Did you watch the A&M - Alabama game last week? NO. Haha see now I did that to you... 😁

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #46

    @thenew23 said:

    I'm pretty sure I said just about the same thing. .

    This team needs a QB and WRs more than o-linemen RIGHT NOW!!

    I never said you don't need a good line. I just think Thomas, Greco, Mack is solid. Schwartz is young and still developing, and is getting yanked down each week by playing next to cousins. I think Lauvao playing RG will make that side of the line remarkably better (which means slightly above average). We have a good backup inside in Pinkston. We have a good backup T on IR who we got as a UDFA. And why do we need to waste a pick on a good backup LT??? To backup MR. never missed a snap???

    Two posters "talking" past each other in a forum? Never happens... 😉

    I disagree on Lauvao, but will agree that Pinky back in is an adequate starter. Lauvao is fine as insurance, but if Gilkey develops (and I think he will), then Lauvao is expendable.

    I don't see much upside on Schwartz. Size and technique are good, but he just lacks "quick"... and you can't develop quick...

    And I did not say (or at least mean to say) that we need to draft a backup LT. What any team needs is a starting RT that can step in if the starting LT goes done. Schwartz is clearly not that guy.

    I assume you are referring to Faulk as the OT on IR. Injuries aside (and that's putting a big issue aside), your 2nd best OT plays RT. I don't remember seeing anything that said Faulk was our 2nd best OT, but the staff just might have.

    Right now our 2nd best OT may well be Wallace. He looked good against 2nd team D in the preseason.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You don't take a RG with a first round pick unless he is truly something special. Like a once in a lifetime talent with 200 pancakes a season and 0 sacks type player.

    The talent differential between a 1st round OG and a mid round OG is a lot different than that of, say, WR or CB or QB. It's much more common to see mid round prospects at OG have solid careers than it is for mid round QBs and CBs.

    I do agree, we need a OG. A real OG. But I think we can find a good one in rounds 2-4, if our scouts are worth their salt.

    never said first pick. i don't care what order they come in BUT can we for once pick a selection for need over best available player?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @miktoxic said:

    never said first pick. i don't care what order they come in BUT can we for once pick a selection for need over best available player?

    We have always picked for need over BPA. Who are you kidding?

    Taking a 5th round CB in the third round is not picking BPA.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Agree on unit cohesiveness, TCLP... prolly more important for O-line than any other unit.

    But disagree that Greco and Lauvao are of the quality we need at OG. Lauvao is fine for the run, but not pass protection. Greco is more balanced, but excels at neither. Either make decent back-ups.

    Pinky was our best at the position and I expect him to be again. So we are still shy one starter.

    ____________________________________________________________________________

    Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Watched Boyd last nite for the second time this year. Have yet to be impressed by him...

  • Agree on unit cohesiveness, TCLP... prolly more important for O-line than any other unit.

    But disagree that Greco and Lauvao are of the quality we need at OG. Lauvao is fine for the run, but not pass protection. Greco is more balanced, but excels at neither. Either make decent back-ups.

    Pinky was our best at the position and I expect him to be again. So we are still shy one starter.

    ____________________________________________________________________________

    Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Watched Boyd last nite for the second time this year. Have yet to be impressed by him...

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Watched Boyd last nite for the second time this year. Have yet to be impressed by him...

    First time I seen Boyd myself and wasn't that impressed either

  • @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile back at the thread...

    Watched Boyd last nite for the second time this year. Have yet to be impressed by him...

    First time I seen Boyd myself and wasn't that impressed either

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @richiswhere said:

    First time I seen Boyd myself and wasn't that impressed either

    I agree. Need to see more of him and Manziel before I would feel comfortable having them as a Brown. We aren't going to be bad enough to get Bridgewater, so who we DO get will be interesting.

    Brett Hundley is an interesting prospect. Wish I could actually watch any of their games...

    An interesting one tonight on ESPN if you're interested, Derek Carr and Fresno St. Carr looks legit.

  • @richiswhere said:

    First time I seen Boyd myself and wasn't that impressed either

    I agree. Need to see more of him and Manziel before I would feel comfortable having them as a Brown. We aren't going to be bad enough to get Bridgewater, so who we DO get will be interesting.

    Brett Hundley is an interesting prospect. Wish I could actually watch any of their games...

    An interesting one tonight on ESPN if you're interested, Derek Carr and Fresno St. Carr looks legit.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @thenew23 said:

    I agree. Need to see more of him and Manziel before I would feel comfortable having them as a Brown. We aren't going to be bad enough to get Bridgewater, so who we DO get will be interesting.

    Brett Hundley is an interesting prospect. Wish I could actually watch any of their games...

    An interesting one tonight on ESPN if you're interested, Derek Carr and Fresno St. Carr looks legit.

    I'm not so sure about Bridgewater either, he just looks fragile to me.

    Could be we pick up a FA QB, I just don't know if any worthwhile ones will be available.

  • @thenew23 said:

    I agree. Need to see more of him and Manziel before I would feel comfortable having them as a Brown. We aren't going to be bad enough to get Bridgewater, so who we DO get will be interesting.

    Brett Hundley is an interesting prospect. Wish I could actually watch any of their games...

    An interesting one tonight on ESPN if you're interested, Derek Carr and Fresno St. Carr looks legit.

    I'm not so sure about Bridgewater either, he just looks fragile to me.

    Could be we pick up a FA QB, I just don't know if any worthwhile ones will be available.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #52

    @jafbf said:

    I'm not so sure about Bridgewater either, he just looks fragile to me.

    Could be we pick up a FA QB, I just don't know if any worthwhile ones will be available.

    Only active QB I can see a way to is Cousins. There's going to be a QB controversy in WSH before too long. Not positive we should go there, but if the price was right...

    And on Bridgewater, I get the same impression...

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm still waiting to see "the one" this college season. Hundley is the UCLA QB.... I haven't seen him yet. So maybe he's the one.

    Have seen Boyd twice this year, and was not impressed either time. And I'm very confused by his run stats in a read option offense.

    Have seen Bridgewater once.. and was not impressed. Plus he looks too fragile for the NFL.... the dude is a friggin' stick figure.

    And I just think Mazel is poison...

    Of all I have seen, I like McCarron. He has that game manager look that you want opposite a dominant defense over any swashbuckler. And if AJ was our man then we could do the trade down thing.

  • @richiswhere said:

    First time I seen Boyd myself and wasn't that impressed either

    I agree. Need to see more of him and Manziel before I would feel comfortable having them as a Brown. We aren't going to be bad enough to get Bridgewater, so who we DO get will be interesting.

    Brett Hundley is an interesting prospect. Wish I could actually watch any of their games...

    An interesting one tonight on ESPN if you're interested, Derek Carr and Fresno St. Carr looks legit.

    Cbus BrownieC Cbus Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @thenew23 said:

    I agree. Need to see more of him and Manziel before I would feel comfortable having them as a Brown. We aren't going to be bad enough to get Bridgewater, so who we DO get will be interesting.

    Brett Hundley is an interesting prospect. Wish I could actually watch any of their games...

    An interesting one tonight on ESPN if you're interested, Derek Carr and Fresno St. Carr looks legit.

    Manziel is completely out ofthe question. Hundley is actually in play, I watched him vs Nebraska last week. Aside from Hundley, Bridgewater is the only other QB I've seen that's a possibility - and I'm not real high on either of them.