Skip to content

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

The Browns Board
992 69 28.1k
  • Actually, the Chiefs had talent everywhere but where it matters most by miles, quarterback. Then they got a competent one (and that's about all he is this year, competent) and they're winning. Much like us.

    I don't see Smith or Dalton in a Super Bowl, though, and I'm a Smith fan. Ditto McCarron and Murray. Probably Hoyer, too. I expect the Broncos to dismantle the Chiefs. Hell, we should've beaten them.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @shep said:

    Actually, the Chiefs had talent everywhere but where it matters most by miles, quarterback. Then they got a competent one (and that's about all he is this year, competent) and they're winning. Much like us.

    I don't see Smith or Dalton in a Super Bowl, though, and I'm a Smith fan. Ditto McCarron and Murray. Probably Hoyer, too. I expect the Broncos to dismantle the Chiefs. Hell, we should've beaten them.

    that's because they sucked for 10 years and had #1 top ten picks who they scored on for those many years.

    yes, all they needed was a QB and some offensive weapons. too bad bowe blows and smokes.

    andy reid fell into the perfect head coaching position. but it shows you how bitched-out they are (the FO and coaching staff) to play bowe given his problems.

    think andy's sweating in his jockeys.

    god damn right.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    I don't know or care enough about the Chiefs history but I kind of wonder how many of those high pics are still there and developing. Unlike the Cleveland Browns who usually have a new front office and coaching staff with every cycle of the moon who all feel the need to purge the entire draft of their predecessors.

    WSS

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by

    We've had mostly good drafts, which is why so much of our team is homegrown, including UDFAs: Thomas, Mack, Lauvao, Schwartz, Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Cameron, Kiki, Taylor, Ruben, DQJ, Robertson (kind of), Haden, Skrine, Gipson, Ward, McFadden, Bryant.

    We just whiffed on the 2012 first round. Badly. But we've accumulated a lot of drafted or UDFA talent everywhere but QB and RB. This team is really built for the long haul, very much like the Steelers.

    And that's prior to an offseason teed up to be epic, with 10 picks and tons of cash. I think the next 10 years will be a fun time to be a Browns fan, including stadium and uniform upgrades. I think we'll be relevant.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    Yep the future is bright.

    Jared Abberderis is the best wide reciever in college.

    Blake Bortles game winning throw was amazing....maybe the best game winning catch I've ever seen.

    Michigan blows and all their players want out lol.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by

    Abberderis reminds me a ton of Robert Woods in just about every way. He isn't a ton of anything (big, fast, quick) and had to walk on and earn everything he got. But he gets open and he makes catches. We could use an add like that.

  • We've had mostly good drafts, which is why so much of our team is homegrown, including UDFAs: Thomas, Mack, Lauvao, Schwartz, Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Cameron, Kiki, Taylor, Ruben, DQJ, Robertson (kind of), Haden, Skrine, Gipson, Ward, McFadden, Bryant.

    We just whiffed on the 2012 first round. Badly. But we've accumulated a lot of drafted or UDFA talent everywhere but QB and RB. This team is really built for the long haul, very much like the Steelers.

    And that's prior to an offseason teed up to be epic, with 10 picks and tons of cash. I think the next 10 years will be a fun time to be a Browns fan, including stadium and uniform upgrades. I think we'll be relevant.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @shep said:

    We've had mostly good drafts, which is why so much of our team is homegrown, including UDFAs: Thomas, Mack, Lauvao, Schwartz, Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Cameron, Kiki, Taylor, Ruben, DQJ, Robertson (kind of), Haden, Skrine, Gipson, Ward, McFadden, Bryant.

    We just whiffed on the 2012 first round. Badly. But we've accumulated a lot of drafted or UDFA talent everywhere but QB and RB. This team is really built for the long haul, very much like the Steelers.

    And that's prior to an offseason teed up to be epic, with 10 picks and tons of cash. I think the next 10 years will be a fun time to be a Browns fan, including stadium and uniform upgrades. I think we'll be relevant.

    I agree & the Richardson trade has cemented Fan confidence in this Front Office, something that has long been missing.

    Mike

  • Yep the future is bright.

    Jared Abberderis is the best wide reciever in college.

    Blake Bortles game winning throw was amazing....maybe the best game winning catch I've ever seen.

    Michigan blows and all their players want out lol.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Jared Abberderis is the best wide reciever in college.

    Been on his bandwagon for a while now. He certainly was the best 3rd round prospect in the draft, but the secret is out on Jered now. Not sure how high he will rise.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    Bortles had another solid day.

    27/38 404 yards 4 TDs 0 INT

    I'll take this love affair to the grave. I think he'll have a better NFL career than many of the top QB's in this draft.

  • Bortles had another solid day.

    27/38 404 yards 4 TDs 0 INT

    I'll take this love affair to the grave. I think he'll have a better NFL career than many of the top QB's in this draft.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Bortles had another solid day.

    27/38 404 yards 4 TDs 0 INT

    I'll take this love affair to the grave. I think he'll have a better NFL career than many of the top QB's in this draft.

    who?

  • koalabazookaK koalabazooka wrote on last edited by

    Bryce Petty is likely going to be the steal of the draft. He's like Mariota, but with the tradeoff of rushing ability for pocket presence and passing skills.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    That's why I put Bryce Petty in my draft mock, dumb as it is at this point.

    I honestly think he may be the only qb in this draft that I would trade up for...

    he's elite in qb smarts, and is mobile, and really, really accurate.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    I don't think many people are expecting Petty to enter this year's draft... but, you never know. He has been the best college QB this season and if he declares, his name will fire up draft boards...

    Blake Bortles is the QB for UCF. He's 6'4" 240lbs. Really having a great season and is starting to turn some heads. The game against Louisville where he lead his team to 38 points against the now #1 ranked scoring defense was impressive. He is a junior and not many are expecting him to declare this year, but again you never know.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    There are a lot of underclassmen who will need to decide if they're coming out, or staying back another year:

    Bryce Petty - BAY

    Johnny Manziel - TA&M - pretty clear he'll be declaring

    Teddy Twatwater - LSU - no brainer

    Marcus Mariota - ORE

    Blake Bortles - UCF

    Brett Hundley - UCLA

    Kevin Hogan - Stan

    The seniors are:

    Derek Carr - FresSt

    Tajh Boyd - CLEM

    Zach Mettenberger - LSU

    AJ McCarron - ALA

    Aaron Murray - UGA

    Stephen Morris - MIA

  • I don't think many people are expecting Petty to enter this year's draft... but, you never know. He has been the best college QB this season and if he declares, his name will fire up draft boards...

    Blake Bortles is the QB for UCF. He's 6'4" 240lbs. Really having a great season and is starting to turn some heads. The game against Louisville where he lead his team to 38 points against the now #1 ranked scoring defense was impressive. He is a junior and not many are expecting him to declare this year, but again you never know.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    I don't think many people are expecting Petty to enter this year's draft... but, you never know. He has been the best college QB this season and if he declares, his name will fire up draft boards...

    Blake Bortles is the QB for UCF. He's 6'4" 240lbs. Really having a great season and is starting to turn some heads. The game against Louisville where he lead his team to 38 points against the now #1 ranked scoring defense was impressive. He is a junior and not many are expecting him to declare this year, but again you never know.

    hey you gotta make your money when you can, especially considering the injury threat and blowing all chances of being a first rounder.

    actually saw clowney make some plays today. i guess his agent said you better show something.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by

    I like Petty a lot... just wish I'd seen more of him.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

  • As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

    He's lost a lot of the momentum he had built up with some shaky games. I watched a game of his a couple weeks ago and he never really impressed me.
  • @tour2ma said:

    As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

    He's lost a lot of the momentum he had built up with some shaky games. I watched a game of his a couple weeks ago and he never really impressed me.
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    He's lost a lot of the momentum he had built up with some shaky games. I watched a game of his a couple weeks ago and he never really impressed me.

    Mechanics looked strong... although they seemed tighter in warm up than in the series (reached back further in the game).

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by

    Fales has a light-ish arm. I bet he goes in the fifth, makes a team as a backup.

    The more I think about it, the less I think there's anything Campbell can do to stop the Browns from taking their long-term guy very early, assuming they dig someone. I just don't think the Browns intend to have this many picks or win fewer games for quite some time and it's a really nice QB draft with five guys or so worth taking in the first round.

    Could Campbell start for two more years? Sure. He'd be all of 33 in 2015 on a team likely to be loaded with talent. And Johnny Manziel or Brett Hundley would be 23. I think if we draft Carr at 10 or something (in a trade up), he's gonna start sooner than either of those two youngsters.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    RG3 is not the answer in Washington.

    We may have killed Walrus for not pulling the trigger.. but he was correct to not get RG3.

    Washington is just above Cleveland in offensive QB rating over at ColdHardFootball. They're better in realQB rating bc of RG3's rushing.

    Washington is #2 in rushing, just below AP.. but their passing is essentially no different from Cleveland this year.

    So... all those picks sent to StL and washington is getting THE SAME passing performance from the QB position as Cleveland this year.