Skip to content

According to Adam Schefter

The Browns Board
66 26 3.5k
  • One positive:

    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 1h

    #NFL Media's Mike Silver reporting that #Browns LT Joe Thomas not on trading block, several teams have called, been turned away.

  • Two thoughts:

    • This seems like the thread to use for all the things Scheckter unleashed this morning.
    • Just re-watched the segment and a key phrase was: "One team has made a quality offer for gordon, but the Browns are awaiting better offers."

    Based on the latter... I don't think we are shopping either WR. I think we are entertaining offers and there's a world of difference. And now that the word is out, the offers will only get better...

    Will we get an offer we cannot refuse for either or both players? Stay tuned....

    And "offer" does not necessarily exclusively mean draft picks...

    And Ben Tate is awesome... it's really the only meat in Adam's report and thus the only bit to get excited about so far.

    @tour2ma said:

    Two thoughts:

    • This seems like the thread to use for all the things Scheckter unleashed this morning.
    • Just re-watched the segment and a key phrase was: "One team has made a quality offer for gordon, but the Browns are awaiting better offers."
    Based on the latter... I don't think we are shopping either WR. I think we are entertaining offers and there's a world of difference. And now that the word is out, the offers will only get better...

    Will we get an offer we cannot refuse for either or both players? Stay tuned....

    And "offer" does not necessarily exclusively mean draft picks...

    And Ben Tate is awesome... it's really the only meat in Adam's report and thus the only bit to get excited about so far.

    Shopping/entertaining offers....one and the same to me. And that's especially true with this report because now everyone knows he's available.
  • @vaportrail said:

    I think a third rounder might be worth the dropoff if we end up using it to trade up.

    See I think he's outplayed his 2nd round draft value. He has the ability to be a superstar reciever and there's no way we should entertain a 3rd round offer.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    See I think he's outplayed his 2nd round draft value. He has the ability to be a superstar reciever and there's no way we should entertain a 3rd round offer.

    I agree with you, but I just really doubt anyone's going to give us a second for him. I think we're better off keeping him for anything less than a third.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Two thoughts:

    • This seems like the thread to use for all the things Scheckter unleashed this morning.
    • Just re-watched the segment and a key phrase was: "One team has made a quality offer for gordon, but the Browns are awaiting better offers."
    Based on the latter... I don't think we are shopping either WR. I think we are entertaining offers and there's a world of difference. And now that the word is out, the offers will only get better...

    Will we get an offer we cannot refuse for either or both players? Stay tuned....

    And "offer" does not necessarily exclusively mean draft picks...

    And Ben Tate is awesome... it's really the only meat in Adam's report and thus the only bit to get excited about so far.

    Shopping/entertaining offers....one and the same to me. And that's especially true with this report because now everyone knows he's available.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Shopping/entertaining offers....one and the same to me. And that's especially true with this report because now everyone knows he's available.

    They can call it whatever they want. The Browns would trade either WR if they get what they want

  • And on 1100 earlier I hear Ban/Lo taking credit for building a good D. and that is what they want to do for the O. Did I miss something?

  • Gordon will be targeted the most today.If he does well he'll be gone by Wednesday.

  • Browns turned down Denver's offer for Joe Thomas, said he's not available. It isn't a fire sale.

    I would NOT trade Josh Gordon. I think he can be a super talent and he's going to grow up. Everybody does. And yeah, that trade would upset me a lot more than trading "3.4," because as someone else said, Gordon has actually shown talent. BUT... you don't trade someone to get worse. It would mean the Browns believe he isn't going to stay clean.

    I actually do trust Banner/Lombardi. I think they get it. So at least for the next 18 months, I'm a believer.

  • Love, love, LOVE the Ben Tate idea.

  • Love, love, LOVE the Ben Tate idea.

    @shep said:

    Love, love, LOVE the Ben Tate idea.

    Sounds good to me also. He is an upgrade from Trent for sure

  • I guess Banner/Lombo brought in Kruger and Bryant along with Horton. D has been pretty good so far but wasn't that bad to begin with. Arguably got worse with no replacement at CB 2.

    I wouldn't trade Gordon for less than a 1st. The WR classes lately have been pretty awful. He's arguably the best young WR in the league in the past few years.

  • With Arian Foster being the shell of his former self I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans give a lot of what they have to resign him. We definitely have the upper hand in the deal by having more cap room and also because Tate doesn't want to backup Foster, he wants to be the feature back. The thing that I am worried about in regards to signing Tate is spending too much for him. I wouldn't pay him more than $5mil/year, not sure what he is making now though.

  • They better not trade Gordon. I understand trading Richardson since he wasn't producing and didn't show anything that was worth a #3 pick.

    Gordon actually produces and after his performance today, if they trade him, there will be a riot from the fans.

    Gordon is a true #1.

  • They better not trade Gordon. I understand trading Richardson since he wasn't producing and didn't show anything that was worth a #3 pick.

    Gordon actually produces and after his performance today, if they trade him, there will be a riot from the fans.

    Gordon is a true #1.

    @usfbrown said:

    They better not trade Gordon. I understand trading Richardson since he wasn't producing and didn't show anything that was worth a #3 pick.

    Gordon actually produces and after his performance today, if they trade him, there will be a riot from the fans.

    Gordon is a true #1.

    Agree... Gordon is legit!

    No excuse to trade him after today...

  • where did this team come from???

  • They better not trade Gordon. I understand trading Richardson since he wasn't producing and didn't show anything that was worth a #3 pick.

    Gordon actually produces and after his performance today, if they trade him, there will be a riot from the fans.

    Gordon is a true #1.

    @usfbrown said:

    They better not trade Gordon. I understand trading Richardson since he wasn't producing and didn't show anything that was worth a #3 pick.

    Gordon actually produces and after his performance today, if they trade him, there will be a riot from the fans.

    Gordon is a true #1.

    Agreed. We finally have a true #1 and they're "listening to offers"? YOU CAN'T BUILD A FUTURE IF YOU RUIN THE PRESENT.

  • gordon just glides on that field...

    S Wilcots CBS says - Like a Randy Moss

  • We gotta keep Gordon best receiver we have,our TE Cameron going to be a beast before season is over.

  • problem is if Gordon gets in trouble again. I would take 2 first rounders for him. My guess, though, that closes that door.

  • We gotta keep Gordon best receiver we have,our TE Cameron going to be a beast before season is over.

    @kybrownsfan said:

    We gotta keep Gordon best receiver we have,our TE Cameron going to be a beast before season is over.

    i called it before the year and a lot agreed that under turner as OC cameron will be huge this year.

  • From MKC:

    Josh Gordon on if he was making the statement 'don't trade me': "it was kind of that sense."