Skip to content

Why is Chud waiting to name a starter vs Bungles?

The Browns Board
31 17 1.3k
  • How can he even think of putting Weeden back in there? Hoyer has to start.

  • because you don't lose your job in the nfl as a starting QB due to injury unless your name is alex smith.

    if he DOES name hoyer as the starter and weeden is 100% then we all the know the fate of weeden.

    gonezo.

  • They said Weeden hasn't thrown a football yet since the injury, so I would be shocked if they don't give the Hoyster another start.

    Zombo

  • because you don't lose your job in the nfl as a starting QB due to injury unless your name is alex smith.

    if he DOES name hoyer as the starter and weeden is 100% then we all the know the fate of weeden.

    gonezo.

    @miktoxic said:

    because you don't lose your job in the nfl as a starting QB due to injury unless your name is Drew Bledsoe.

    if he DOES name hoyer as the starter and weeden is 100% then we all the know the fate of weeden.

    gonezo.

  • If he can wait to name a starter, cool! If they can keep the other team guessing so much the better for us. I gotta believe Hoyer will start.

  • There's two scenarios I can live with, one obviously better than the other. Hoyer gets the start or Weeden is told he's on a very strict leash. Give the guy one half of football and if he doesn't produce put Hoyer in.

  • Give Weedon another week to heal. Hoyer starts and we talk about it next week.

  • Give Weedon another week to heal. Hoyer starts and we talk about it next week.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Give Weedon another week to heal. Hoyer starts and we talk about it next week.

    That right there!

  • HOYER>Weeden

  • @miktoxic said:

    because you don't lose your job in the nfl as a starting QB due to injury unless your name is Drew Bledsoe.

    if he DOES name hoyer as the starter and weeden is 100% then we all the know the fate of weeden.

    gonezo.

    @mohican said:

    @miktoxic said:

    because you don't lose your job in the nfl as a starting QB due to injury unless your name is Drew Bledsoe.

    if he DOES name hoyer as the starter and weeden is 100% then we all the know the fate of weeden.

    gonezo.

    yeah but wasn't bledsoe out for the year with his injury? and after the season they decided not to bring him back?

  • @mohican said:

    @miktoxic said:

    because you don't lose your job in the nfl as a starting QB due to injury unless your name is Drew Bledsoe.

    if he DOES name hoyer as the starter and weeden is 100% then we all the know the fate of weeden.

    gonezo.

    yeah but wasn't bledsoe out for the year with his injury? and after the season they decided not to bring him back?

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah but wasn't bledsoe out for the year with his injury? and after the season they decided not to bring him back?

    He was ready to go in the playoffs. They weren't switching at that point. Rightfully so. You play the guy that gives you the best chance to win every game, who cares how you lost the job.
  • well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.

    wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?

    ouch.

  • well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.

    wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?

    ouch.

    @miktoxic said:

    well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.

    wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?

    ouch.

    Wouldn't be a bigger bitch to see KC go from garbage to playoffs when everyone knows its a 5 year plan.

  • well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.

    wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?

    ouch.

    @miktoxic said:

    well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.

    wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?

    ouch.

    It does look like RG3, Vick, and Colin will all be out this year. I think DC gonna regret that one for a long time and will spell Shanahan's downfall. Good kid but I don't see long term success with him.

  • I sure hope I'm done seeing weeden play QB this year.

  • This is Campbell's week... 😮

    No, seriously...

    Chud said in pressers last week that:

    1. Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
    2. Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.

    Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.

    I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.

  • This is Campbell's week... 😮

    No, seriously...

    Chud said in pressers last week that:

    1. Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
    2. Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.

    Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.

    I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.

    @tour2ma said:

    This is Campbell's week... 😮

    No, seriously...

    Chud said in pressers last week that:

    1. Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
    2. Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.

    Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.

    I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.

    hell, if that happens i might have to just drink and smoke and go tothis website and trance out:

    http://www.zombo.com/

  • The safe thing to do would be to name Hoyer the starter due to Wheedons injury and hope that Hoyer either shows that he deserves it for the rest of the year or that Wheedon should take the snaps. If you start Hoyer infront of Wheedon you are basically saying Wheedon is done, if you start Wheedon over Hoyer after any mistake/3 and out the fans will be chanting for Hoyer.

  • This is Campbell's week... 😮

    No, seriously...

    Chud said in pressers last week that:

    1. Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
    2. Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.

    Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.

    I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.

    @tour2ma said:

    This is Campbell's week... 😮

    No, seriously...

    Chud said in pressers last week that:

    1. Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
    2. Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.

    Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.

    I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.

    I highly doubt it.

  • @miktoxic said:

    well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.

    wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?

    ouch.

    It does look like RG3, Vick, and Colin will all be out this year. I think DC gonna regret that one for a long time and will spell Shanahan's downfall. Good kid but I don't see long term success with him.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    It does look like RG3, Vick, and Colin will all be out this year. I think DC gonna regret that one for a long time and will spell Shanahan's downfall. Good kid but I don't see long term success with him.

    I agree. RG3 will be lucky to last 5 years the way he's going.