Why is Chud waiting to name a starter vs Bungles?
-
If he can wait to name a starter, cool! If they can keep the other team guessing so much the better for us. I gotta believe Hoyer will start.
-
There's two scenarios I can live with, one obviously better than the other. Hoyer gets the start or Weeden is told he's on a very strict leash. Give the guy one half of football and if he doesn't produce put Hoyer in.
-
Give Weedon another week to heal. Hoyer starts and we talk about it next week.
-
Give Weedon another week to heal. Hoyer starts and we talk about it next week.
Give Weedon another week to heal. Hoyer starts and we talk about it next week.
That right there!
-
-
yeah but wasn't bledsoe out for the year with his injury? and after the season they decided not to bring him back?
-
yeah but wasn't bledsoe out for the year with his injury? and after the season they decided not to bring him back?
He was ready to go in the playoffs. They weren't switching at that point. Rightfully so. You play the guy that gives you the best chance to win every game, who cares how you lost the job.yeah but wasn't bledsoe out for the year with his injury? and after the season they decided not to bring him back?
-
well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.
wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?
ouch.
-
well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.
wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?
ouch.
-
well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.
wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?
ouch.
well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.
wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?
ouch.
It does look like RG3, Vick, and Colin will all be out this year. I think DC gonna regret that one for a long time and will spell Shanahan's downfall. Good kid but I don't see long term success with him.
-
I sure hope I'm done seeing weeden play QB this year.
-
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
-
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
hell, if that happens i might have to just drink and smoke and go tothis website and trance out:
-
The safe thing to do would be to name Hoyer the starter due to Wheedons injury and hope that Hoyer either shows that he deserves it for the rest of the year or that Wheedon should take the snaps. If you start Hoyer infront of Wheedon you are basically saying Wheedon is done, if you start Wheedon over Hoyer after any mistake/3 and out the fans will be chanting for Hoyer.
-
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
I highly doubt it.
-
well you can't say they made the wrong choice, that's for sure.
wouldn't it be a bitch if KC makes it to the playoffs and SF doesn't?
ouch.
It does look like RG3, Vick, and Colin will all be out this year. I think DC gonna regret that one for a long time and will spell Shanahan's downfall. Good kid but I don't see long term success with him.
It does look like RG3, Vick, and Colin will all be out this year. I think DC gonna regret that one for a long time and will spell Shanahan's downfall. Good kid but I don't see long term success with him.
I agree. RG3 will be lucky to last 5 years the way he's going.
-
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
You wouldn't be surprised if Campbell was named starter??? I'll have what you're having.
-
It's Hoyer. Peter King's Offensive Player of the Week. Dilfer's Dime of the Week. Simms' comparisons to Luck, says he's watched Hoyer "50 times" in practice and knew he could seriously play. LaConfora called him "the best quarterback who hadn't had his shot yet." A lot of people seem to have known something about this kid, and I find that really interesting.
Not a chance in hell the Browns sit Hoyer after a comeback victory TD pass and 326 yards. Not a prayer. Zero. None. Zilch. Don't overthink it, and I'm talking to all the fans as well as Chud (he ain't actually overthinkin' it).
If Hoyer doesn't start, I'll drink domestic beer. I'm not kidding.
-
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
This is Campbell's week...

No, seriously...
Chud said in pressers last week that:
- Hoyer fit the Viking game plan.
- Wheezy's return to starter status was not a given.
Based on the above I think Chud will announce the starter Wednesday after the game plan is complete and Wheezy's status is accessed.
I think it should be Hoyer, but won't be surprised if it's Campbell.
The handwriting was on the wall 10 feet high when they traded Richardson for a 2014 pick- they have no confidence in Weeden as a long term solution. I don't know if Chud has time to read the glowing National reports about Hoyer's performance, but I'll bet Haslam and Banner do.
The "you don't lose your starting job due to injury" is one dated concept, if the other guy comes in and lights it up, if you have an ounce of intelligence a a head coach, you play the guy with the hot hand. Weeden has had 17 games to prove he's mediocre at best- Hoyer should get at least two.
I truly believe if Chud names Weeden the starter against the Bungles, they had better introduce the defense Sunday, because Weeden WILL get roundly booed. Not only then but after the first miscue, the chants "we want Hoyer" are going to be deafening.
-
Ever notice that when a hot starting quarterback like, oh, Tom Brady gets a little ding he plays in spite of it? Whenever a quarterback that the front office or coaching staff has little or no confidence in gets a little ding he seems to be on the injured reserve for weeks on end.
Anyway the game against the bung holes will go a lng way as far as providing insight as to everybody's opinion of Weeden.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login