Skip to content

Adam Schefter on DA

The Browns Board
95 22 6.4k
  • Dumbass.

    If DA continued to play on the level he did in '07 he would still be the starter.

    Get off Lum's nuts already.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #43

    AdaM said:

    If DA continued to play on the level he did in '07 he would still be the starter.

    Ding..ding...ding!!!!!!!!

    Though I'd say if DA continued to play on the level he did the first HALF of '07.

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by
    #44

    ok... lets put all of our eggs into the 3 games BQ played in.... that makes perfect sense. risk/reward ratio that your line of logic uses must make you rich out in Vegas.

    Lets keep talking about trading DA for a 3 game sample player who is getting paid backup money... Injuries in the nfl derailing a team never happens and backups who toss 29 tds in a season grow on trees. hundred plus million dollar franchise should do what you pro BQ geniuses want in order to trade on MORE PROSPECTIVE talent. All so you individually can feel the team has moved on because of some draft hype that has yet to prove itself.

  • ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #45

    DA will never be a good fit for the browns. It's just not going to happen. He needs to GTFO, like you.

    We, and the front office, have made the decision to go with BQ and see what he has. DA's story is done. Why would we want to keep him around as a backup when he A) will be miserable. 😎 too cap heavy. C) wants to start somewhere?

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #46

    if the texans gave away the tenth overall draft pick for matt schaub (a guy who had never won a game as a starter) a couple years ago, then the browns should definitely be able to get at least a second round pick. this is ridiculous, his value should be way higher.

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Sev, the DA experiment is OVER. Get it through your thick skull. He's done here. Will he go somewhere else and succeed? Possible, but unlikely.

    Is Quinn experiment is about to begin. If he sucks, then we need a QB. That would be true even if DA were here. Why can't you see that?

    Why the hell you want to see more of the worst rated passer in the NFL last year is beyond me. Just that blind hatred of anything smelling of a first round QB coming from ND I guess. Unreal.

  • ok... lets put all of our eggs into the 3 games BQ played in.... that makes perfect sense. risk/reward ratio that your line of logic uses must make you rich out in Vegas.

    Lets keep talking about trading DA for a 3 game sample player who is getting paid backup money... Injuries in the nfl derailing a team never happens and backups who toss 29 tds in a season grow on trees. hundred plus million dollar franchise should do what you pro BQ geniuses want in order to trade on MORE PROSPECTIVE talent. All so you individually can feel the team has moved on because of some draft hype that has yet to prove itself.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @osusev said:

    ok... lets put all of our eggs into the 3 games BQ played in.... that makes perfect sense. risk/reward ratio that your line of logic uses must make you rich out in Vegas.

    Lets keep talking about trading DA for a 3 game sample player who is getting paid backup money... Injuries in the nfl derailing a team never happens and backups who toss 29 tds in a season grow on trees. hundred plus million dollar franchise should do what you pro BQ geniuses want in order to trade on MORE PROSPECTIVE talent. All so you individually can feel the team has moved on because of some draft hype that has yet to prove itself.

    Let's keep DA as a back up, but pay him starter money after seeing over his 20+ starts he has back up performance, when the team needs draft picks and other needs. Again, as I said, CLE goes out and gets an experienced back up in case BQ fails. Yeah, it's risk reward. Just like ATL and BALT last year. Or any other team that decides to move forward with its 1st round draft pick QB. What does keeping DA gain CLE? Other than an experience backup (which can be found on the open market)?

    If Quinn starts, he ain't paid backup money. He has incentive clauses all through his contract.

    You can keep hanging on to those 29TDs. But last I checked, the vast majority of that happened in SEPT-NOV of 2007. You know who else once threw 29TDs in a season, Jeff George and Scott Mitchell. It is a what have you done lately league. What DA has done since D's got 8 games of film on him is be QB whose only consistancy is that he consistantly can't hit a pass under 20 yards. And he can no longer hit over 20 yards because teams play 3 deep on him (but he'll still try and throw it).

    What you don't get is this really isn't about Brady Quinn. It's about DA. Enough has been seen of him to know he is not the long term answer for CLE. If CLE can at least get some extra picks out of trading him, then they should. You don't keep a guy around when you know he isn't your answer. At least not for the money he is being paid. The only people hung up on just Quinn and DA are you and Lum. Hence why neither of you ever post in threads that have to do with the CLEVELAND BROWNS and not just who the QB of the CLEVELAND BROWNS is.

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by osusev
    #49

    the front office has made that choice? You mean the one that has completely changed and was just hired? you must really be wired in.

    masters you obviously dont remember BQ's contract and the first 2 years playing time was critical...yes he is getting paid backup money.

    This"experiment" is not over... I dont mind BQ starting next year and earning this rabid fan support, and greythan I happen to like players after THEY EARN IT ON THE FIELD. I want the best for the Browns and I am sure the rabid Cardinal fans who were all about Leinert are pretty happy they had a backup..... kind of like Tennessee......or even the Patriots... etc, I happen to like Backup plans.

    As for DA state of mind he needs to look at all of the examples of other qbs who were relegated to backup without fans support for draftees and deal with it... Its a job and he needs to be professional and objective. Hopefully the new staff will remind him of that. DA is young and financially set he will get his chance again, getting traded to another rebuilding team may be it but we are on the cusp of being competitive.

    No masters this is not about DA... because IF BQ would have put up the same numbers and results his first year he would be a GOD here. This is all about fans perception nothing more. IF BQ had BE dropping tds and Lewis and the O line as well as O coordinator not producing BQ who is about the same relative age would be given the whole he is young and its his surrounding cast thats the problem.

    Remember the "cockpit" theory... yea great cockpit that BQ failed in two games in a row and threw ONE pass over ten yards against a horrible pass D. Keep talking about trading and risking everything on those 3 games as the "best" thing for the Browns and How I am not a Cleveland browns TEAM fan. Sorry if I like to have a competent backup we already have signed and paid and knows the players in case BQ gets hurts or fails. Yea I know trade him for more PROSPECTIVE talent because that would be best for the TEAM. Genius logic.

  • the front office has made that choice? You mean the one that has completely changed and was just hired? you must really be wired in.

    masters you obviously dont remember BQ's contract and the first 2 years playing time was critical...yes he is getting paid backup money.

    This"experiment" is not over... I dont mind BQ starting next year and earning this rabid fan support, and greythan I happen to like players after THEY EARN IT ON THE FIELD. I want the best for the Browns and I am sure the rabid Cardinal fans who were all about Leinert are pretty happy they had a backup..... kind of like Tennessee......or even the Patriots... etc, I happen to like Backup plans.

    As for DA state of mind he needs to look at all of the examples of other qbs who were relegated to backup without fans support for draftees and deal with it... Its a job and he needs to be professional and objective. Hopefully the new staff will remind him of that. DA is young and financially set he will get his chance again, getting traded to another rebuilding team may be it but we are on the cusp of being competitive.

    No masters this is not about DA... because IF BQ would have put up the same numbers and results his first year he would be a GOD here. This is all about fans perception nothing more. IF BQ had BE dropping tds and Lewis and the O line as well as O coordinator not producing BQ who is about the same relative age would be given the whole he is young and its his surrounding cast thats the problem.

    Remember the "cockpit" theory... yea great cockpit that BQ failed in two games in a row and threw ONE pass over ten yards against a horrible pass D. Keep talking about trading and risking everything on those 3 games as the "best" thing for the Browns and How I am not a Cleveland browns TEAM fan. Sorry if I like to have a competent backup we already have signed and paid and knows the players in case BQ gets hurts or fails. Yea I know trade him for more PROSPECTIVE talent because that would be best for the TEAM. Genius logic.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @osusev said:

    No masters this is not about DA... because IF BQ would have put up the same numbers and results his first year he would be a GOD here. This is all about fans perception nothing more. IF BQ had BE dropping tds and Lewis and the O line as well as O coordinator not producing BQ who is about the same relative age would be given the whole he is young and its his surrounding cast thats the problem.

    Um, BQ did have those same guys for him now didn't he. So DA gets those as excuses and Quinn just gets "played bad in preseason, and bad in his two unhealthy starts". I see.

  • ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Yes, Randy Lerner wants Quinn.

    I'll bet your life on it.

  • the front office has made that choice? You mean the one that has completely changed and was just hired? you must really be wired in.

    masters you obviously dont remember BQ's contract and the first 2 years playing time was critical...yes he is getting paid backup money.

    This"experiment" is not over... I dont mind BQ starting next year and earning this rabid fan support, and greythan I happen to like players after THEY EARN IT ON THE FIELD. I want the best for the Browns and I am sure the rabid Cardinal fans who were all about Leinert are pretty happy they had a backup..... kind of like Tennessee......or even the Patriots... etc, I happen to like Backup plans.

    As for DA state of mind he needs to look at all of the examples of other qbs who were relegated to backup without fans support for draftees and deal with it... Its a job and he needs to be professional and objective. Hopefully the new staff will remind him of that. DA is young and financially set he will get his chance again, getting traded to another rebuilding team may be it but we are on the cusp of being competitive.

    No masters this is not about DA... because IF BQ would have put up the same numbers and results his first year he would be a GOD here. This is all about fans perception nothing more. IF BQ had BE dropping tds and Lewis and the O line as well as O coordinator not producing BQ who is about the same relative age would be given the whole he is young and its his surrounding cast thats the problem.

    Remember the "cockpit" theory... yea great cockpit that BQ failed in two games in a row and threw ONE pass over ten yards against a horrible pass D. Keep talking about trading and risking everything on those 3 games as the "best" thing for the Browns and How I am not a Cleveland browns TEAM fan. Sorry if I like to have a competent backup we already have signed and paid and knows the players in case BQ gets hurts or fails. Yea I know trade him for more PROSPECTIVE talent because that would be best for the TEAM. Genius logic.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @osusev said:

    I want the best for the Browns

    Yet only post in threads about DA or Brady Quinn. Yeah, I buy that.

  • Yes, Randy Lerner wants Quinn.

    I'll bet your life on it.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #53

    AdaM said:

    Yes, Randy Lerner wants Quinn.

    I'll bet your life on it.

    Shhhhh.....It was just a kowinkie dink that Quinn was sent out in front of the press along with Joe Thomas after RAC and Savage were fired.

  • the front office has made that choice? You mean the one that has completely changed and was just hired? you must really be wired in.

    masters you obviously dont remember BQ's contract and the first 2 years playing time was critical...yes he is getting paid backup money.

    This"experiment" is not over... I dont mind BQ starting next year and earning this rabid fan support, and greythan I happen to like players after THEY EARN IT ON THE FIELD. I want the best for the Browns and I am sure the rabid Cardinal fans who were all about Leinert are pretty happy they had a backup..... kind of like Tennessee......or even the Patriots... etc, I happen to like Backup plans.

    As for DA state of mind he needs to look at all of the examples of other qbs who were relegated to backup without fans support for draftees and deal with it... Its a job and he needs to be professional and objective. Hopefully the new staff will remind him of that. DA is young and financially set he will get his chance again, getting traded to another rebuilding team may be it but we are on the cusp of being competitive.

    No masters this is not about DA... because IF BQ would have put up the same numbers and results his first year he would be a GOD here. This is all about fans perception nothing more. IF BQ had BE dropping tds and Lewis and the O line as well as O coordinator not producing BQ who is about the same relative age would be given the whole he is young and its his surrounding cast thats the problem.

    Remember the "cockpit" theory... yea great cockpit that BQ failed in two games in a row and threw ONE pass over ten yards against a horrible pass D. Keep talking about trading and risking everything on those 3 games as the "best" thing for the Browns and How I am not a Cleveland browns TEAM fan. Sorry if I like to have a competent backup we already have signed and paid and knows the players in case BQ gets hurts or fails. Yea I know trade him for more PROSPECTIVE talent because that would be best for the TEAM. Genius logic.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @osusev said:

    Yea I know trade him for more PROSPECTIVE talent because that would be best for the TEAM. Genius logic.

    Same logic Bill Belichick uses.

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by
    #55

    yea belichick another Fan favorite for the Browns, So what QB did he draft high for again? EVER? o no he is a prove it on the field kind of guy.never caring about fans perspective ala the Kosar decision.

    Wait you must mean when he chose a 6th round draft pick in Brady over bledsoe or kept Cassel as the number one backup on the roster.... yea I know because I believe players should earn fan loyalty first by playing that makes me a DA only backer and not a True Browns fans because I have a differing opinion from the majority.

    That just makes me an individual and yes from what I have seen between the two SO FAR DA is a better in my opinion. I do think he should start, however since we invested a number one in Quinn I think he should start this season so we know what he has. DA earned his place by winning and throwing tds against good defenses and teams. Do I think DA needs to improve ? YES. I became a DA fan AFTER he played and helped us win 10 games with a piss poor defense. I do like his back story of coming from nowhere better than BQ, however its what he did on the field that I liked. BQ IF he leads us to wins I will like him probably more but he has to actually earn it with ONFIELD PLAY.

  • yea belichick another Fan favorite for the Browns, So what QB did he draft high for again? EVER? o no he is a prove it on the field kind of guy.never caring about fans perspective ala the Kosar decision.

    Wait you must mean when he chose a 6th round draft pick in Brady over bledsoe or kept Cassel as the number one backup on the roster.... yea I know because I believe players should earn fan loyalty first by playing that makes me a DA only backer and not a True Browns fans because I have a differing opinion from the majority.

    That just makes me an individual and yes from what I have seen between the two SO FAR DA is a better in my opinion. I do think he should start, however since we invested a number one in Quinn I think he should start this season so we know what he has. DA earned his place by winning and throwing tds against good defenses and teams. Do I think DA needs to improve ? YES. I became a DA fan AFTER he played and helped us win 10 games with a piss poor defense. I do like his back story of coming from nowhere better than BQ, however its what he did on the field that I liked. BQ IF he leads us to wins I will like him probably more but he has to actually earn it with ONFIELD PLAY.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @osusev said:

    yea belichick another Fan favorite for the Browns, So what QB did he draft high for again? EVER? o no he is a prove it on the field kind of guy.never caring about fans perspective ala the Kosar decision.

    Wait you must mean when he chose a 6th round draft pick in Brady over bledsoe or kept Cassel as the number one backup on the roster.... yea I know because I believe players should earn fan loyalty first by playing that makes me a DA only backer and not a True Browns fans because I have a differing opinion from the majority.

    That just makes me an individual and yes from what I have seen between the two SO FAR DA is a better in my opinion. I do think he should start, however since we invested a number one in Quinn I think he should start this season so we know what he has. DA earned his place by winning and throwing tds against good defenses and teams. Do I think DA needs to improve ? YES. I became a DA fan AFTER he played and helped us win 10 games with a piss poor defense. I do like his back story of coming from nowhere better than BQ, however its what he did on the field that I liked. BQ IF he leads us to wins I will like him probably more but he has to actually earn it with ONFIELD PLAY.

    Point on BB was trading players that could still play or start for picks. Traded Bledsoe with in his own division and risk having nothing behind Brady and Brady not being a half of a year wonder.

    What good defense has DA shown up and played well against? He did it once against the G-men who played their worst game in over a year. That's it. Let's talk about what DA has done against bad D's since the week 9 marker of 2007. HOU 1 TD 1INT, ARZ 2TD 2 INT, BUF 0 and 0, CIN 2 TD 4 INT, SF 1 TD 1 INT. That was just in 2007 back half. I think beating the Gman last year was the first time he beat a team that finished with a winning record.

    Look, it's admirable that you want to pull for DA. But this isn't Kosar here. It's a guy who had 9 good game until D-Coordinators around the league figured him out. Since then, he's Charlie Frye. A QB with a low 70's QBR. If we were talking over 4 or 5 games, that would be one thing. But we are talking about over his last 16 starts. DA is the same QB he was in his first starts in 2006. He has not improved a lick since HS and college.

  • ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #57

    GOOD DEFENSES AND TEAMS?

    Get off the crack sev, seriously.

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by osusev
    #58

    I am on crack....? OK I am not the guy who wants to bet the hundred + million dollar franchise on a 20 something kid with three subpar starts against poor defenses while I have at least a legitimate Backup and a 2nd option.

    Yea I can see how me not wanting to trade DA and thinking that is extremely risky and completely uneccessary considering we have him under contract and have to pay him regardless along with my high draft pick who gets paid back up money ..... Wait in a league that is QB driven and starved to the point college kids blackmail franchises without ever playing an actual pro game. I can see the logic if injuries to QB's who wear HUGE targets for 240+ pound monsters to hit them game in game out.....

    I see now how some of you rabid BQ backers might think that now..... or maybe I dont and cant until I use enough crack to make my risk/reward logic centers in my brain understand that like most of you seem to think... like I said before Genius logic. lmao

  • I am on crack....? OK I am not the guy who wants to bet the hundred + million dollar franchise on a 20 something kid with three subpar starts against poor defenses while I have at least a legitimate Backup and a 2nd option.

    Yea I can see how me not wanting to trade DA and thinking that is extremely risky and completely uneccessary considering we have him under contract and have to pay him regardless along with my high draft pick who gets paid back up money ..... Wait in a league that is QB driven and starved to the point college kids blackmail franchises without ever playing an actual pro game. I can see the logic if injuries to QB's who wear HUGE targets for 240+ pound monsters to hit them game in game out.....

    I see now how some of you rabid BQ backers might think that now..... or maybe I dont and cant until I use enough crack to make my risk/reward logic centers in my brain understand that like most of you seem to think... like I said before Genius logic. lmao

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @osusev said:

    I am on crack....? OK I am not the guy who wants to bet the hundred + million dollar franchise on a 20 something kid with three subpar starts against poor defenses while I have at least a legitimate Backup and a 2nd option.

    Yea I can see how me not wanting to trade DA and thinking that is extremely risky and completely uneccessary considering we have him under contract and have to pay him regardless along with my high draft pick who gets paid back up money ..... Wait in a league that is QB driven and starved to the point college kids blackmail franchises without ever playing an actual pro game. I can see the logic if injuries to QB's who wear HUGE targets for 240+ pound monsters to hit them game in game out.....

    I see now how some of you rabid BQ backers might think that now..... or maybe I dont and cant until I use enough crack to make my risk/reward logic centers in my brain understand that like most of you seem to think... like I said before Genius logic. lmao

    So best QBR rating for a 1st time start for a Browns player and 2 TDs is sub par? If that's the case, then you must think DA is really sub par. Quinn had two bad games, while having a broken index finger on his throwing hand, preventing him from being able to grip the ball.

    Didn't GB, ATL, and BALT bet their 100+M franchise on 20 something kids? Two of those with guys that were true rookies. Do you actually watch or follow the NFL? You act like CLE handing the reigns over to Quinn would be unpresidented or no team has ever had success doing it. The success rate for that, when going with a 1st round QB is far greater that of a 6th rounder snatched off another teams practice squad.

    Ah, and your closing just proves the point. You aren't a Browns fan, but a DA fan. Browns fans wanting to move forward with Quinn has zero to do with being a BQ backer. It's about seeing that DA is not the answer. If CLE was sitting on any other 1st round draft pick QB we'd be calling for the same thing.

    Your last bit about risk/reward just again proves you really don't watch or follow the NFL, other than from sportscenter highlights and drinking beers with your buddies while the game is on.

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #60

    ."

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Jesus Rich! See my other note. Do the right thing.

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
    #62

    I did I presented a life winning formula for all to read........NO AGENDA.......it has now been deleted eight times.........

    '

    IS THAT WHAT YOU WHAT IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

    too funny here

    BTW your other note may have been deleted here in free of speech Stans heil salute town