What do you think of Clowney's actions lately?
-
Being a west coast UCLA fan I don't know a whole lot about him, other than what I read. To me it shows a real character issue, one every bit as bad as drugs or crime would be a character issue. Give me a guy with a motor that never turns off, before a guy with just "god given talent" any day.
To me it shows a real character issue, one every bit as bad as drugs or crime would be a character issue. Give me a guy with a motor that never turns off, before a guy with just "god given talent" any day.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
I think its absolutely bullshit and SC should kick him off the team so he can prepare for the combine.
I want a player who loves football and someone who puts his team above himself. This guy just wants a paycheck.
What happens when he's in a contract year? My bet is he pulls a Hillis.
Yup and yup... I think the old ball coach is handling it beautifully.
Why just in a contract year? Given the rookie salary limitations in the most recent CBA why should he put out until he is able to fetch what he (thinks he) is worth after his 4th year? If he's not dropping like a stone on fledgling draft boards, I'd be shocked.
-
To me it shows a real character issue, one every bit as bad as drugs or crime would be a character issue. Give me a guy with a motor that never turns off, before a guy with just "god given talent" any day.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
I think its absolutely bullshit and SC should kick him off the team so he can prepare for the combine.
I want a player who loves football and someone who puts his team above himself. This guy just wants a paycheck.
What happens when he's in a contract year? My bet is he pulls a Hillis.
Yup and yup... I think the old ball coach is handling it beautifully.
Why just in a contract year? Given the rookie salary limitations in the most recent CBA why should he put out until he is able to fetch what he (thinks he) is worth after his 4th year? If he's not dropping like a stone on fledgling draft boards, I'd be shocked.
Yup and yup... I think the old ball coach is handling it beautifully.
Why just in a contract year? Given the rookie salary limitations in the most recent CBA why should he put out until he is able to fetch what he (thinks he) is worth after his 4th year? If he's not dropping like a stone on fledgling draft boards, I'd be shocked.
I could be wrong but I doubt he is. There's wayyy too much hype on the guy to fall out of the top 5 barring a serious injury. McShay said that multiple scouts told him that if today he stopped playing college football and just prepared for the NFL draft, he'd be number 1 on their boards.
-
Just putting it out there: he is not going to be the #1 pick. JAC desperately needs a QB.
Just putting it out there: he is not going to be the #1 pick. JAC desperately needs a QB.
we may have to move up there just so that Pgh doesn't get him. I know we need a qb but what good will that do if we have to see that guy twice a year? Our nice shiny new qb will not make it through those games. God he'd be an epic hybrid in our 3-4
-
Being a west coast UCLA fan I don't know a whole lot about him, other than what I read. To me it shows a real character issue, one every bit as bad as drugs or crime would be a character issue. Give me a guy with a motor that never turns off, before a guy with just "god given talent" any day.
Um, this is all you need to see about Clowney- at least as good as Suh, and probably better. Not an isolated play, either. Yeah, I'm concerned about the "taking the year off" just so he doesn't get hurt- lousy attitude, but smart. He'll go no lower than #2 overall and may be a #1 if Jacksonville decides they'd rather go D instead of taking Bridgewater.
PS don't know why the link won't work- if someone can fix it, I'd be appreciative.
Um, this is all you need to see about Clowney- at least as good as Suh, and probably better. Not an isolated play, either. Yeah, I'm concerned about the "taking the year off" just so he doesn't get hurt- lousy attitude, but smart. He'll go no lower than #2 overall and may be a #1 if Jacksonville decides they'd rather go D instead of taking Bridgewater.
PS don't know why the link won't work- if someone can fix it, I'd be appreciative.
I didn't see Suh take a year off before he was drafted. Guess that makes Clowney a pussy? Give me a break. This guy should be playing.
-
Just putting it out there: he is not going to be the #1 pick. JAC desperately needs a QB.
we may have to move up there just so that Pgh doesn't get him. I know we need a qb but what good will that do if we have to see that guy twice a year? Our nice shiny new qb will not make it through those games. God he'd be an epic hybrid in our 3-4
we may have to move up there just so that Pgh doesn't get him. I know we need a qb but what good will that do if we have to see that guy twice a year? Our nice shiny new qb will not make it through those games. God he'd be an epic hybrid in our 3-4
Don't be crazy, CLE's D is loaded. They need to focus on the offense this upcoming draft, with a QB 1st and foremost.
-
Um, this is all you need to see about Clowney- at least as good as Suh, and probably better. Not an isolated play, either. Yeah, I'm concerned about the "taking the year off" just so he doesn't get hurt- lousy attitude, but smart. He'll go no lower than #2 overall and may be a #1 if Jacksonville decides they'd rather go D instead of taking Bridgewater.
PS don't know why the link won't work- if someone can fix it, I'd be appreciative.
I didn't see Suh take a year off before he was drafted. Guess that makes Clowney a pussy? Give me a break. This guy should be playing.
I didn't see Suh take a year off before he was drafted. Guess that makes Clowney a pussy? Give me a break. This guy should be playing.
Good point....I remember watching him tearing up the OL of whoever they played in the Holiday Bowl that year.
-
I didn't see Suh take a year off before he was drafted. Guess that makes Clowney a pussy? Give me a break. This guy should be playing.
Good point....I remember watching him tearing up the OL of whoever they played in the Holiday Bowl that year.
-
-
If he's afraid to be injured, he's playing the wrong game. I would have to question his pride.
When will he take time off in the NFL?
Players PLAY!
Mike
-
Putting on my Clowney hat, why doesn't Teddy Twatwater sit out the rest of the year? As the projected #1 pick he's risking more scratch than Clowney.
Canton Mike said it best - Players PLAY! Apparently there's a reason Jadevon sports the word "clown" in his last name...
-
Who gives a shit? I don't blame him. The NCAA is full of shit because a bunch of people are making money at the risk of injury to the players. What do the players get in return? College tuition? Fucking laughable. He'd have been a top 3 pick last year, so no matter what he does this year, he has nowhere to go but down. If he quits his team, I still see him as a top 5 pick.
-
Just putting it out there: he is not going to be the #1 pick. JAC desperately needs a QB.
we may have to move up there just so that Pgh doesn't get him. I know we need a qb but what good will that do if we have to see that guy twice a year? Our nice shiny new qb will not make it through those games. God he'd be an epic hybrid in our 3-4
we may have to move up there just so that Pgh doesn't get him. I know we need a qb but what good will that do if we have to see that guy twice a year? Our nice shiny new qb will not make it through those games. God he'd be an epic hybrid in our 3-4
I can see the Steelers "Play like Clowns for Clowney". IMHO this guy is the second coming of Mean Joe Greene- and then some. I happen to agree with some of the Pro Level Draftnicks who put Clowney #1 on their draft boards. Bridgewater isn't on the level of John Elway or Peyton Manning- but Clowney is on the level of any DL HOFer you care to name- Like Bruce Smith, Reggie White good. Mario Williams went #1, and IMHO Clowney is better.
Don't be crazy, CLE's D is loaded. They need to focus on the offense this upcoming draft, with a QB 1st and foremost.
Unless Weeden totally plays like s**t, I don't see the Browns having enough ammunition to move up to #2 to take Clowney. But we could package a player like Sheard in the trade. Really - put Clowney on the Browns D, add a decent #2 CB, and you'd have the equivalent of any SB winning D you'd care to name.
If he's afraid to be injured, he's playing the wrong game. I would have to question his pride.
When will he take time off in the NFL?
Players PLAY!
Mike
Well it hasn't been unheard of for guys who are worried about such stuff to call up Lloyds of London and take out insurance policies for the injury risk. Incidentally, the latest on ESPN has Clowney in full damage control- "I'm a team guy, I was misunderstood".
-
we may have to move up there just so that Pgh doesn't get him. I know we need a qb but what good will that do if we have to see that guy twice a year? Our nice shiny new qb will not make it through those games. God he'd be an epic hybrid in our 3-4
I can see the Steelers "Play like Clowns for Clowney". IMHO this guy is the second coming of Mean Joe Greene- and then some. I happen to agree with some of the Pro Level Draftnicks who put Clowney #1 on their draft boards. Bridgewater isn't on the level of John Elway or Peyton Manning- but Clowney is on the level of any DL HOFer you care to name- Like Bruce Smith, Reggie White good. Mario Williams went #1, and IMHO Clowney is better.
Don't be crazy, CLE's D is loaded. They need to focus on the offense this upcoming draft, with a QB 1st and foremost.
Unless Weeden totally plays like s**t, I don't see the Browns having enough ammunition to move up to #2 to take Clowney. But we could package a player like Sheard in the trade. Really - put Clowney on the Browns D, add a decent #2 CB, and you'd have the equivalent of any SB winning D you'd care to name.
If he's afraid to be injured, he's playing the wrong game. I would have to question his pride.
When will he take time off in the NFL?
Players PLAY!
Mike
Well it hasn't been unheard of for guys who are worried about such stuff to call up Lloyds of London and take out insurance policies for the injury risk. Incidentally, the latest on ESPN has Clowney in full damage control- "I'm a team guy, I was misunderstood".
Unless Weeden totally plays like s**t, I don't see the Browns having enough ammunition to move up to #2 to take Clowney. But we could package a player like Sheard in the trade. Really - put Clowney on the Browns D, add a decent #2 CB, and you'd have the equivalent of any SB winning D you'd care to name.
CLE doesn't need defensive help, they need offensive help! The 2000 Ravens wouldn't work in the offensive juggernaut the NFL has become.
-
Who gives a shit? I don't blame him. The NCAA is full of shit because a bunch of people are making money at the risk of injury to the players. What do the players get in return? College tuition? Fucking laughable. He'd have been a top 3 pick last year, so no matter what he does this year, he has nowhere to go but down. If he quits his team, I still see him as a top 5 pick.
Who gives a shit? I don't blame him. The NCAA is full of shit because a bunch of people are making money at the risk of injury to the players. What do the players get in return? College tuition? Fucking laughable. He'd have been a top 3 pick last year, so no matter what he does this year, he has nowhere to go but down. If he quits his team, I still see him as a top 5 pick.
the school made a commitment to him and he to the school. the school has held up their end by providing this kid with an education for free and by showcasing him on national tv so instead of selling cars with his edumacation he'll be buying a range rover with cash even before he's drafted.
the dude is a clown. fuck him and anyone that agrees with what he is doing is alright.
like someone else said above: bridgewater or boyd? top 2 QB picks next year? hey fuck it. "coach i tweaked my bung hole muscle and i can't play.....for the rest of the year." how do you think the fans in louisville and clemson would feel about that when their team goes from a BCS contender to a no bid?
there will be a rule set very soon because of this. they should cut this punk from the team and ask for his scholarship money back.
-
Who gives a shit? I don't blame him. The NCAA is full of shit because a bunch of people are making money at the risk of injury to the players. What do the players get in return? College tuition? Fucking laughable. He'd have been a top 3 pick last year, so no matter what he does this year, he has nowhere to go but down. If he quits his team, I still see him as a top 5 pick.
the school made a commitment to him and he to the school. the school has held up their end by providing this kid with an education for free and by showcasing him on national tv so instead of selling cars with his edumacation he'll be buying a range rover with cash even before he's drafted.
the dude is a clown. fuck him and anyone that agrees with what he is doing is alright.
like someone else said above: bridgewater or boyd? top 2 QB picks next year? hey fuck it. "coach i tweaked my bung hole muscle and i can't play.....for the rest of the year." how do you think the fans in louisville and clemson would feel about that when their team goes from a BCS contender to a no bid?
there will be a rule set very soon because of this. they should cut this punk from the team and ask for his scholarship money back.
the school made a commitment to him and he to the school. the school has held up their end by providing this kid with an education for free and by showcasing him on national tv so instead of selling cars with his edumacation he'll be buying a range rover with cash even before he's drafted.
the dude is a clown. fuck him and anyone that agrees with what he is doing is alright.
like someone else said above: bridgewater or boyd? top 2 QB picks next year? hey fuck it. "coach i tweaked my bung hole muscle and i can't play.....for the rest of the year." how do you think the fans in louisville and clemson would feel about that when their team goes from a BCS contender to a no bid?
there will be a rule set very soon because of this. they should cut this punk from the team and ask for his scholarship money back.
Who gives a shit? The NCAA is a joke and they're getting away with slavery. Coaches oversee some fuck up and ditch their team for the NFL all the time and there's never any repercussions for them, in fact they get rewarded with fat contracts, why should the players be held to a different standard? The NCAA needs to start giving the players real compensation if they're going to put their livelihood on the line for the school.
-
the school made a commitment to him and he to the school. the school has held up their end by providing this kid with an education for free and by showcasing him on national tv so instead of selling cars with his edumacation he'll be buying a range rover with cash even before he's drafted.
the dude is a clown. fuck him and anyone that agrees with what he is doing is alright.
like someone else said above: bridgewater or boyd? top 2 QB picks next year? hey fuck it. "coach i tweaked my bung hole muscle and i can't play.....for the rest of the year." how do you think the fans in louisville and clemson would feel about that when their team goes from a BCS contender to a no bid?
there will be a rule set very soon because of this. they should cut this punk from the team and ask for his scholarship money back.
Who gives a shit? The NCAA is a joke and they're getting away with slavery. Coaches oversee some fuck up and ditch their team for the NFL all the time and there's never any repercussions for them, in fact they get rewarded with fat contracts, why should the players be held to a different standard? The NCAA needs to start giving the players real compensation if they're going to put their livelihood on the line for the school.
This is wrong. Slavery??? Playing college football is privilege. Nobodys got these guys hooked to chains. They're all free to leave whenever they want. How much is a 4 year degree from Ohio State worth nowadays? These guys choose to play college football. I do think they should get a little more money and should take it easy on some of the stupid infractions. The fact is that after paying for all the other sport and after paying the coaches 99% of college football teams are losing money. As for Clowney, how can share a locker room with 70 other Gamecocks who put their "livelihood" on the line to try and win an SEC championship who will never sniff the NFL.Who gives a shit? The NCAA is a joke and they're getting away with slavery. Coaches oversee some fuck up and ditch their team for the NFL all the time and there's never any repercussions for them, in fact they get rewarded with fat contracts, why should the players be held to a different standard? The NCAA needs to start giving the players real compensation if they're going to put their livelihood on the line for the school.
-
This is wrong. Slavery??? Playing college football is privilege. Nobodys got these guys hooked to chains. They're all free to leave whenever they want. How much is a 4 year degree from Ohio State worth nowadays? These guys choose to play college football. I do think they should get a little more money and should take it easy on some of the stupid infractions. The fact is that after paying for all the other sport and after paying the coaches 99% of college football teams are losing money. As for Clowney, how can share a locker room with 70 other Gamecocks who put their "livelihood" on the line to try and win an SEC championship who will never sniff the NFL.Who gives a shit? The NCAA is a joke and they're getting away with slavery. Coaches oversee some fuck up and ditch their team for the NFL all the time and there's never any repercussions for them, in fact they get rewarded with fat contracts, why should the players be held to a different standard? The NCAA needs to start giving the players real compensation if they're going to put their livelihood on the line for the school.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
This is wrong. Slavery??? Playing college football is privilege. Nobodys got these guys hooked to chains. They're all free to leave whenever they want. How much is a 4 year degree from Ohio State worth nowadays? These guys choose to play college football. I do think they should get a little more money and should take it easy on some of the stupid infractions. The fact is that after paying for all the other sport and after paying the coaches 99% of college football teams are losing money. As for Clowney, how can share a locker room with 70 other Gamecocks who put their "livelihood" on the line to try and win an SEC championship who will never sniff the NFL.
Playing college football for three years is an arbitrary necessity for those with enough skill to go pro. As for the other student-athletes who won't go pro, all I can say is too bad for them. Elite-tier athletes, such as Clowney, can only hurt his draft stock, and probably more importantly, his financial security by playing this year. You're nuts if you think $90,000 for 3 years of tuition is fair compensation for the revenue that top football athletes generate.
-
The entitled generation believes they should be compensated for getting up in the morning.
-
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
This is wrong. Slavery??? Playing college football is privilege. Nobodys got these guys hooked to chains. They're all free to leave whenever they want. How much is a 4 year degree from Ohio State worth nowadays? These guys choose to play college football. I do think they should get a little more money and should take it easy on some of the stupid infractions. The fact is that after paying for all the other sport and after paying the coaches 99% of college football teams are losing money. As for Clowney, how can share a locker room with 70 other Gamecocks who put their "livelihood" on the line to try and win an SEC championship who will never sniff the NFL.
Playing college football for three years is an arbitrary necessity for those with enough skill to go pro. As for the other student-athletes who won't go pro, all I can say is too bad for them. Elite-tier athletes, such as Clowney, can only hurt his draft stock, and probably more importantly, his financial security by playing this year. You're nuts if you think $90,000 for 3 years of tuition is fair compensation for the revenue that top football athletes generate.
Then he should have went to Canada or took the year off. And too bad for them? I'm sure they feel lucky.Playing college football for three years is an arbitrary necessity for those with enough skill to go pro. As for the other student-athletes who won't go pro, all I can say is too bad for them. Elite-tier athletes, such as Clowney, can only hurt his draft stock, and probably more importantly, his financial security by playing this year. You're nuts if you think $90,000 for 3 years of tuition is fair compensation for the revenue that top football athletes generate.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login