Skip to content

start Campbell

The Browns Board
93 29 2.8k
  • Zombo said:

    Yeah ... I had this thread after Week 1 and everybody called me an idiot.

    HE DOESNT HAVE IT, HE'S NEVER GOING TO HAVE IT.

    We are 9-7 with a Jason Campbell this year. Just make the move and move on.

    Holmgren is the fucking idiot that went Richardson/Weeden. He can own it. Move on.

    Z

    Despite Holmgren and his collecting a huge payday while doing nothing to improve this team, this front office will move quickly to undo the mistakes of the previous regime. This ain't Randy Lerner's team anymore! Thank God for that too! At any rate, it was a waste to draft Richardson, and even more of a waste to draft Weeden in the first round! Holmgren sucked as GM in Seattle! Good coach? Yes! Horrible in the front office.

    I

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Despite Holmgren and his collecting a huge payday while doing nothing to improve this team, this front office will move quickly to undo the mistakes of the previous regime. This ain't Randy Lerner's team anymore! Thank God for that too! At any rate, it was a waste to draft Richardson, and even more of a waste to draft Weeden in the first round! Holmgren sucked as GM in Seattle! Good coach? Yes! Horrible in the front office.

    If they want to move quickly, then benching Weeden is their only option. They brought in Hoyer and Campbell. Hoyer's gone so it's got to be Campbell

  • Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...

    WSS

  • I

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Despite Holmgren and his collecting a huge payday while doing nothing to improve this team, this front office will move quickly to undo the mistakes of the previous regime. This ain't Randy Lerner's team anymore! Thank God for that too! At any rate, it was a waste to draft Richardson, and even more of a waste to draft Weeden in the first round! Holmgren sucked as GM in Seattle! Good coach? Yes! Horrible in the front office.

    If they want to move quickly, then benching Weeden is their only option. They brought in Hoyer and Campbell. Hoyer's gone so it's got to be Campbell

    @browns149 said:

    I

    If they want to move quickly, then benching Weeden is their only option. They brought in Hoyer and Campbell. Hoyer's gone so it's got to be Campbell

    I agree. Campbell is not a long term solution, but he is a 9 year veteran and we have a good offensive coordinator. Even he can't be as dumb as Weeden!

  • Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...

    WSS

    How bout when Joe Haden threw a shovel pass to a linebacker on first down?

    815001286.gif?1381694231

  • that was painfull to watch.

    its probably impossible to regain any support from your team, media and fans after that display of sheer dumbness..

    even as as a back up it'll be tough to even be around this guy. Weeden had an opportunity to step up and all he did was step in a pile of crap.

    he displayed that he not only does not have what it takes for the NFL but that he never will.

    there may be a way to salvage the season but I doubt campell is gonna last for 10 games. be interesting to see who they pick up.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree that we do not have an emotional leader now.

    It was clear that for a 2 week period we did, but no longer the case.

    I think he's cost us enough draft pick-wise...

    Wonder exactly the same thing...

    What is Wheezy showing on weekdays to keep his starting job?

    Actually I thought we made some great first half adjustments to the tune of 17 unanswered points.

    No reason for us to adjust at the half... everything was working.

    2nd half we got more conservative and then Wheezy kicked his ineptitude into overdrive...

    Game Over...

    True... but had nothing to do with your flip-flop on Wheezy. 🙂

    Flip flop?

    I buried him after the Miami game.

    At some point you see enough. That was my point.

    Should I apologize for rooting for him in 2012?

    The look on his stupid face was enough for me today.

    He's dumb.

    Let's not painfully examine it.

    Holmgren fucked up and Banner will fix it this week.

    No time for dumb QBs in the NFl.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Flip flop?

    So I was 5 weeks too late...

    e7fjpj.jpg

    Hate to think what my face would look at under similar circumstance...

    Say what you like about Wheezy, but he stands in there. At least two of his better passes in the game were delivered just before getting rocked by one of the Lions' D-linemen.

  • Yeah ... I had this thread after Week 1 and everybody called me an idiot.

    HE DOESNT HAVE IT, HE'S NEVER GOING TO HAVE IT.

    We are 9-7 with a Jason Campbell this year. Just make the move and move on.

    Holmgren is the fucking idiot that went Richardson/Weeden. He can own it. Move on.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Holmgren is the fucking idiot that went Richardson/Weeden. He can own it. Move on.

    Z

    Exactly. We're a much better team this year. We just need to get rid of the last dumb moves made by the former regime.

    Future is bright after we've done that.

  • Zombo said:

    Flip flop?

    So I was 5 weeks too late...

    e7fjpj.jpg

    Hate to think what my face would look at under similar circumstance...

    Say what you like about Wheezy, but he stands in there. At least two of his better passes in the game were delivered just before getting rocked by one of the Lions' D-linemen.

    @tour2ma said:

    So I was 5 weeks too late...

    e7fjpj.jpg

    Hate to think what my face would look at under similar circumstance...

    Say what you like about Wheezy, but he stands in there. At least two of his better passes in the game were delivered just before getting rocked by one of the Lions' D-linemen.

    Technically, I think a "flip-flop" is when you support a guy, give up on him, and then go back to him. Brandon and I are through.

    I will root for him as long as he is a Brown, but I don't ever see him being "the guy" in Cleveland. My mind was made up after his 16th start, I'd seen enough. Nice that you figured it out earlier, I guess this season would be easier to swallow had I.

    It would have been a lot of fun to see what Hoyer could do this year. Now we have two slow thinkers with big arms. I'm in favor of starting the one that didn't throw what the internet has now proclaimed to be "The Worst Interception in the History of the NFL."

    Z

  • Yesterday I thought Weeden was good...until it started being very bad...

    I say it again: retire jersey no. 3! After DA and BW...no more dumb QBs with that jersey.

  • @tour2ma said:

    So I was 5 weeks too late...

    e7fjpj.jpg

    Hate to think what my face would look at under similar circumstance...

    Say what you like about Wheezy, but he stands in there. At least two of his better passes in the game were delivered just before getting rocked by one of the Lions' D-linemen.

    Technically, I think a "flip-flop" is when you support a guy, give up on him, and then go back to him. Brandon and I are through.

    I will root for him as long as he is a Brown, but I don't ever see him being "the guy" in Cleveland. My mind was made up after his 16th start, I'd seen enough. Nice that you figured it out earlier, I guess this season would be easier to swallow had I.

    It would have been a lot of fun to see what Hoyer could do this year. Now we have two slow thinkers with big arms. I'm in favor of starting the one that didn't throw what the internet has now proclaimed to be "The Worst Interception in the History of the NFL."

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Technically, I think a "flip-flop" is when you support a guy, give up on him, and then go back to him. Brandon and I are through.

    I will root for him as long as he is a Brown, but I don't ever see him being "the guy" in Cleveland. My mind was made up after his 16th start, I'd seen enough. Nice that you figured it out earlier, I guess this season would be easier to swallow had I.

    It would have been a lot of fun to see what Hoyer could do this year. Now we have two slow thinkers with big arms. I'm in favor of starting the one that didn't throw what the internet has now proclaimed to be "The Worst Interception in the History of the NFL."

    Z

    I'm inclined to agree with your last statement. Bury Weeden's ass on the bench! The guy is lost out there!

  • True enough Z.

    Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.

    WSS

  • True enough Z.

    Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    True enough Z.

    Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.

    WSS

    Up 14pts, Hoyer would've won the game. If you, I and all of us fans feel uneasy and lack confidence when Brandy is under center, imagine how the players and coaches feel. With a 14pt lead and a half to play, Brian under center wins that game 10/10 times.

  • What's Derek Anderson doing these days? Chud has a bromance with him.

  • What's Derek Anderson doing these days? Chud has a bromance with him.

    @bonedawg said:

    What's Derek Anderson doing these days? Chud has a bromance with him.

    Is he still in Carolina behind... oh what's his face.. you know... the guy that was supposed to be great.

    And actually.. I will take Anderson as well.

  • What's Derek Anderson doing these days? Chud has a bromance with him.

    @bonedawg said:

    What's Derek Anderson doing these days? Chud has a bromance with him.

    @brownskidd said:

    Is he still in Carolina behind... oh what's his face.. you know... the guy that was supposed to be great.

    And actually.. I will take Anderson as well.

    How desperate are we that we as Browns fans are asking for Derek Anderson to come back? 😵

  • @bonedawg said:

    What's Derek Anderson doing these days? Chud has a bromance with him.

    @brownskidd said:

    Is he still in Carolina behind... oh what's his face.. you know... the guy that was supposed to be great.

    And actually.. I will take Anderson as well.

    How desperate are we that we as Browns fans are asking for Derek Anderson to come back? 😵

    @djdawg2010 said:

    How desperate are we that we as Browns fans are asking for Derek Anderson to come back? 😵

    VERY desperate

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    How desperate are we that we as Browns fans are asking for Derek Anderson to come back? 😵

    VERY desperate

    @browns149 said:

    VERY desperate

    It couldn't be any worse I suppose? I do know one thing, I've seen enough of Brandon Weeden! What a wasted pick! At least it isn't this current regime that drafted this guy! You really have to wonder what in the Hell Mike Holmgren was thinking last year? IMO That fat fuck sat here and collected a big payday and did jack shit to improve the team! In fact the ONLY pick that I liked last year was Gordon in the supplemental draft.

  • True enough Z.

    Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    True enough Z.

    Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.

    WSS

    The defense let us down, but I think Hoyer wins that game. Holding the Lions to seven in the first half would have been enough for to keep us in the lead throughout the game, IMO.

    Here is our second half drive chart:

    Cleveland Browns at 15:00
    6-S.Martin kicks 65 yards from DET 35 to end zone, Touchback. Kick out of the endzone.
    1-10-CLE 20
    (15:00) PENALTY on CLE-84-J.Cameron, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CLE 20 - No Play.
    1-15-CLE 15
    (15:00) (Shotgun) 26-W.McGahee left guard to CLE 17 for 2 yards (55-S.Tulloch; 9-M.Stafford).
    2-13-CLE 17
    (14:26) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short right to 25-C.Ogbonnaya to CLE 20 for 3 yards (98-N.Fairley).
    3-10-CLE 20
    (13:46) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 25-C.Ogbonnaya to CLE 29 for 9 yards (28-D.Bentley; 23-C.Houston).
    4-1-CLE 29
    (13:04) (Punt formation) 5-S.Lanning punts 50 yards to DET 21, Center-57-C.Yount, fair catch by 15-M.Spurlock.
    Cleveland Browns at 08:57
    6-S.Martin kicks 72 yards from DET 35 to CLE -7. 18-G.Little, Touchback.
    1-10-CLE 20
    (8:57) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass incomplete deep right to 18-G.Little.
    2-10-CLE 20
    (8:54) PENALTY on DET-90-N.Suh, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at CLE 20 - No Play.
    2-5-CLE 25
    (8:54) 12-J.Gordon left end to CLE 25 for no gain (54-D.Levy). end around
    3-5-CLE 25
    (8:14) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden scrambles left tackle to CLE 26 for 1 yard (90-N.Suh).
    4-4-CLE 26
    (7:34) (Punt formation) 5-S.Lanning punts 44 yards to DET 30, Center-57-C.Yount. 15-M.Spurlock to DET 41 for 11 yards (58-B.Magee). PENALTY on DET-32-D.Carey, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at DET 41.
    Cleveland Browns at 01:40
    1-10-CLE 30
    (1:40) 26-W.McGahee left guard to CLE 32 for 2 yards (99-C.Mosley).
    2-8-CLE 32
    (1:05) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short right to 82-G.Barnidge to CLE 30 for -2 yards (27-G.Quin; 30-D.Slay) [55-S.Tulloch].
    3-10-CLE 30
    (1:05) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden sacked at CLE 21 for -9 yards (79-W.Young).
    END QUARTER 3
    4th Quarter
    Cleveland Browns continues ...
    4-19-CLE 21
    (15:00) (Punt formation) 5-S.Lanning punts 48 yards to DET 31, Center-57-C.Yount. 15-M.Spurlock to DET 33 for 2 yards (59-T.Carder).
    Cleveland Browns at 10:35
    6-S.Martin kicks 73 yards from DET 35 to CLE -8. 18-G.Little, Touchback.
    1-10-CLE 20
    (10:35) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 12-J.Gordon to CLE 34 for 14 yards (26-L.Delmas).
    1-10-CLE 34
    (9:57) 3-B.Weeden pass incomplete deep right [98-N.Fairley]. PENALTY on CLE-3-B.Weeden, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at CLE 34.
    2-20-CLE 24
    (9:57) (Shotgun) PENALTY on CLE-84-J.Cameron, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CLE 24 - No Play.
    2-25-CLE 19
    (9:49) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass incomplete deep right to 18-G.Little. Play Challenged by CLE and Upheld. (Timeout #1.)
    3-25-CLE 19
    (9:41) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 25-C.Ogbonnaya to CLE 32 for 13 yards (23-C.Houston).
    4-12-CLE 32
    (9:05) 5-S.Lanning punts 44 yards to DET 24, Center-57-C.Yount. 15-M.Spurlock to DET 26 for 2 yards (96-P.Hazel; 59-T.Carder). PENALTY on CLE-24-J.Bademosi, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at DET 26.
    Cleveland Browns at 06:04
    6-S.Martin kicks 70 yards from DET 35 to CLE -5. 18-G.Little to CLE 16 for 21 yards (30-D.Slay).
    1-10-CLE 16
    (5:59) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 12-J.Gordon to CLE 31 for 15 yards (23-C.Houston).
    1-10-CLE 31
    (5:37) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass incomplete short right to 80-T.Benjamin (28-D.Bentley).
    2-10-CLE 31
    (5:31) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 84-J.Cameron to CLE 38 for 7 yards (23-C.Houston).
    3-3-CLE 38
    (5:11) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short right to 12-J.Gordon to DET 44 for 18 yards (55-S.Tulloch).
    1-10-DET 44
    (4:44) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left intended for 25-C.Ogbonnaya INTERCEPTED by 54-D.Levy at CLE 49. 54-D.Levy ran ob at CLE 49 for no gain.
    Cleveland Browns at 02:01
    6-S.Martin kicks 72 yards from DET 35 to CLE -7. 35-F.Whittaker, Touchback.
    1-10-CLE 20
    (2:01) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 18-G.Little to CLE 30 for 10 yards (30-D.Slay).
    Two-Minute Warning
    1-10-CLE 30
    (1:54) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass incomplete short right to 25-C.Ogbonnaya.
    2-10-CLE 30
    (1:50) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass incomplete short left to 25-C.Ogbonnaya.
    3-10-CLE 30
    (1:45) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short right to 84-J.Cameron to CLE 39 for 9 yards (28-D.Bentley; 55-S.Tulloch).
    4-1-CLE 39
    (1:17) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-C.Ogbonnaya right guard to CLE 45 for 6 yards (79-W.Young).
    1-10-CLE 45
    (:57) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short middle to 25-C.Ogbonnaya to DET 40 for 15 yards (54-D.Levy).
    1-10-DET 40
    (:57) 3-B.Weeden spiked the ball to stop the clock.
    2-10-DET 40
    (:41) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden sacked at CLE 46 for -14 yards (92-D.Taylor). FUMBLES (92-D.Taylor), recovered by CLE at CLE 46.
    3-24-CLE 46
    (:26) 3-B.Weeden pass short right to 84-J.Cameron to DET 21 for 33 yards (54-D.Levy).
    1-10-DET 21
    (:17) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass incomplete deep right to 18-G.Little. DET-27-G.Quin was injured during the play. His return is Doubtful.
    2-10-DET 21
    (:17) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 15-D.Bess ran ob at DET 9 for 12 yards (28-D.Bentley).
    1-9-DET 9
    (:05) (Shotgun) 3-B.Weeden pass short left to 84-J.Cameron to DET 8 for 1 yard (54-D.Levy).
    END GAME
  • I know the game was over, but how does an NFL QB throw a 1 yard pass when they are on the 9 yard line on the last play of the game?

  • Drive chart notwithstanding the Lions went to the well 3 times and luckily Stafford threw an interception in the endzone. Look I wish Weeden wouldn't have thrown the interception. But you can't let teams like the Lions run all over you. And we are getting a little bit Kelly Holcomb esque about Hoyer Yeah I'd like to see him succeed but who the hell knows.

    But no matter what happens next season you guys will be booing Bridgewater or McCarron off the field too.

    or Hoyer after his first two interceptions game.

    WSS