start Campbell
-
Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...
WSS
Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...
WSS
Weeden committed just as much PI as Haden did on that play.
-
Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...
WSS
Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...
WSS
Did you watch any of the Patriots-Saints game? Compared to the ticky-tack calls that got the Lions their first TD, Graham and Colston were getting mugged on virtually EVERY play, saw at least 8 plays that should have been called at least illegal contact or PI. BTW, that late hit on Stafford penalty was BS too.
How desperate are we that we as Browns fans are asking for Derek Anderson to come back?

Even at this worst, was DA this bad?
-
I know the game was over, but how does an NFL QB throw a 1 yard pass when they are on the 9 yard line on the last play of the game?
I know the game was over, but how does an NFL QB throw a 1 yard pass when they are on the 9 yard line on the last play of the game?
That just put a bow on things, didn't it?
Zombo
-
True enough Z.
Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.
WSS
In today's league, by design, good offense beats good defense. The "defense" is to keep up, which requires a quarterback who can duel a suddenly hot Matt Stafford.
We don't have that. Take this team, as is, trade QBs? We win. I know you're all tired of me saying it, but that's the NFL today.
True enough Z.
Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.
WSS -
Sad he was having a decent game till then too. Till that stupid ass pass this game was soley on the coaching staff. Weeden bailed the coaches out to having to shoulder this loss.
Sad he was having a decent game till then too. Till that stupid ass pass this game was soley on the coaching staff. Weeden bailed the coaches out to having to shoulder this loss.
ehhhh, not sure how good a game he was really having. The balls didn't get intercepted which is why no one remembers those throws but he made at least two passes during the game that had he thrown the ball right would have been scores. One of them would have no question been a TD but it would have gotten called back on the penalty anyway. The one where he overthrew possibly the fastest man in the NFL right now by a couple yards streaking down a sideline route with nothing but Cleveland lakeside real estate infront of him....that one made me look up at the sky. He did the same exact thing with obgannaya the other week. Average qb's make that mistake "maybe" once a year. Open receivers streaking down the sideline are some of the easiest throws for a qb to make because the receiver is running almost directly away from him. I can understand timing issues with some of these speed freaks streaking across the middle and you have a miniscule window to fit the ball in so that he doesn't have to stretch for the ball and get killed but also keep it away from the CB's and LB'ers flashing through your throwing lane. I get those mistakes. He just doesn't understand his receivers at all. He's had last years camp, preseason and full regular season and also this years. If he doesn't understand how to throw the ball to his guys by now he's not going to.
-
btw for those that doubt it, there's no way Hoyer loses that game. Weedon left at least 7-14 points on the board. If Hoyer had 120 yds on the ground behind him from our RB's, he easily gets us another TD or two just in the 1st half. Can't speculate how he would have done in the 2nd once Detroit makes their adjustments....but 1st half for sure Hoyer gets us more points. And who knows that could have broken the Lions going into the 2nd half. Hoyer would have kept our Defense fresher for sure. Alot of the front 7 seven guys were sucking wind in the 4th quarter...which is why Groves saw alot more snaps yesterday.
-
Sad he was having a decent game till then too. Till that stupid ass pass this game was soley on the coaching staff. Weeden bailed the coaches out to having to shoulder this loss.
ehhhh, not sure how good a game he was really having. The balls didn't get intercepted which is why no one remembers those throws but he made at least two passes during the game that had he thrown the ball right would have been scores. One of them would have no question been a TD but it would have gotten called back on the penalty anyway. The one where he overthrew possibly the fastest man in the NFL right now by a couple yards streaking down a sideline route with nothing but Cleveland lakeside real estate infront of him....that one made me look up at the sky. He did the same exact thing with obgannaya the other week. Average qb's make that mistake "maybe" once a year. Open receivers streaking down the sideline are some of the easiest throws for a qb to make because the receiver is running almost directly away from him. I can understand timing issues with some of these speed freaks streaking across the middle and you have a miniscule window to fit the ball in so that he doesn't have to stretch for the ball and get killed but also keep it away from the CB's and LB'ers flashing through your throwing lane. I get those mistakes. He just doesn't understand his receivers at all. He's had last years camp, preseason and full regular season and also this years. If he doesn't understand how to throw the ball to his guys by now he's not going to.
ehhhh, not sure how good a game he was really having. The balls didn't get intercepted which is why no one remembers those throws but he made at least two passes during the game that had he thrown the ball right would have been scores. One of them would have no question been a TD but it would have gotten called back on the penalty anyway. The one where he overthrew possibly the fastest man in the NFL right now by a couple yards streaking down a sideline route with nothing but Cleveland lakeside real estate infront of him....that one made me look up at the sky. He did the same exact thing with obgannaya the other week. Average qb's make that mistake "maybe" once a year. Open receivers streaking down the sideline are some of the easiest throws for a qb to make because the receiver is running almost directly away from him. I can understand timing issues with some of these speed freaks streaking across the middle and you have a miniscule window to fit the ball in so that he doesn't have to stretch for the ball and get killed but also keep it away from the CB's and LB'ers flashing through your throwing lane. I get those mistakes. He just doesn't understand his receivers at all. He's had last years camp, preseason and full regular season and also this years. If he doesn't understand how to throw the ball to his guys by now he's not going to.
I agree. I gave him a pass last year, only because we had a moron for a head coach and I thought that maybe this year with 2 offensive minded coaches like Chud, and Norv along with Gordon, Cameron and Bess it would make a difference. But from what I'm seeing even someone like Jerry Rice couldn't help this fool!
-
It's too bad btw that I wasn't at this board last year, I got torched at another board after the Philly game which was Weedens first game. He didn't pass the sniff test that game although his stats weren't terrible. I mentioned that there seems to be some serious issues with certain throws, for instance Weeden cannot throw over the top of LB'ers but infront of the secondary. I got blown up for about 3 or so weeks before people were like hey...maybe there is something wrong here. Took till the end of the season before people were like holy fucking christ he's throwing perfect strikes to the other teams secondary. I bring this up cause you see the exact same and i mean "exact" same procedural errors in his game that you saw on DAY FUCKING 1!! I don't know if you all remember but our D line chased Vick all over the field that game, he was literally running for his life after every snap. That was a game we should have won but rookie Weeds got a major pass from the Cleveland media. Then he comes back the next week and again throws for near 300 yds but was still making those errors and misreads that eventually defense's are going to sodomize you on.
Moral of the story is that the "sniff" test is not entirely invalid. It works on the underwear so I see no reason why that doesn't translate to evaluating football talent. lols
-
It's too bad btw that I wasn't at this board last year, I got torched at another board after the Philly game which was Weedens first game. He didn't pass the sniff test that game although his stats weren't terrible. I mentioned that there seems to be some serious issues with certain throws, for instance Weeden cannot throw over the top of LB'ers but infront of the secondary. I got blown up for about 3 or so weeks before people were like hey...maybe there is something wrong here. Took till the end of the season before people were like holy fucking christ he's throwing perfect strikes to the other teams secondary. I bring this up cause you see the exact same and i mean "exact" same procedural errors in his game that you saw on DAY FUCKING 1!! I don't know if you all remember but our D line chased Vick all over the field that game, he was literally running for his life after every snap. That was a game we should have won but rookie Weeds got a major pass from the Cleveland media. Then he comes back the next week and again throws for near 300 yds but was still making those errors and misreads that eventually defense's are going to sodomize you on.
Moral of the story is that the "sniff" test is not entirely invalid. It works on the underwear so I see no reason why that doesn't translate to evaluating football talent. lols
It's too bad btw that I wasn't at this board last year, I got torched at another board after the Philly game which was Weedens first game. He didn't pass the sniff test that game although his stats weren't terrible. I mentioned that there seems to be some serious issues with certain throws, for instance Weeden cannot throw over the top of LB'ers but infront of the secondary. I got blown up for about 3 or so weeks before people were like hey...maybe there is something wrong here. Took till the end of the season before people were like holy fucking christ he's throwing perfect strikes to the other teams secondary. I bring this up cause you see the exact same and i mean "exact" same procedural errors in his game that you saw on DAY FUCKING 1!! I don't know if you all remember but our D line chased Vick all over the field that game, he was literally running for his life after every snap. That was a game we should have won but rookie Weeds got a major pass from the Cleveland media. Then he comes back the next week and again throws for near 300 yds but was still making those errors and misreads that eventually defense's are going to sodomize you on.
Moral of the story is that the "sniff" test is not entirely invalid. It works on the underwear so I see no reason why that doesn't translate to evaluating football talent. lols
My wife said from day 1 the guy sucked. Remember opening day last year during pregame when they unfurled that huge flag on the field, and he was caught underneath it. My wife was like "oh shit, I got a bad feeling about this guy." Bottom line: this guy does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB. As I said, maybe now that he is a 2 sport failure he can try his luck at basketball? 3's a charm, right?
-
Drive chart notwithstanding the Lions went to the well 3 times and luckily Stafford threw an interception in the endzone. Look I wish Weeden wouldn't have thrown the interception. But you can't let teams like the Lions run all over you. And we are getting a little bit Kelly Holcomb esque about Hoyer Yeah I'd like to see him succeed but who the hell knows.
But no matter what happens next season you guys will be booing Bridgewater or McCarron off the field too.
or Hoyer after his first two interceptions game.
WSS
Drive chart notwithstanding the Lions went to the well 3 times and luckily Stafford threw an interception in the endzone. Look I wish Weeden wouldn't have thrown the interception. But you can't let teams like the Lions run all over you. And we are getting a little bit Kelly Holcomb esque about Hoyer Yeah I'd like to see him succeed but who the hell knows.
But no matter what happens next season you guys will be booing Bridgewater or McCarron off the field too.
or Hoyer after his first two interceptions game.
WSS
fuck i'll boo mccarron on draft day if that's who we end up picking. That boo train will be bright and eyed and bushy tailed every fucking morning till opening day.
-
Good point. I really hated it when Weeden committed pass interference in the red zone...
WSS
Did you watch any of the Patriots-Saints game? Compared to the ticky-tack calls that got the Lions their first TD, Graham and Colston were getting mugged on virtually EVERY play, saw at least 8 plays that should have been called at least illegal contact or PI. BTW, that late hit on Stafford penalty was BS too.
How desperate are we that we as Browns fans are asking for Derek Anderson to come back?

Even at this worst, was DA this bad?
Did you watch any of the Patriots-Saints game? Compared to the ticky-tack calls that got the Lions their first TD, Graham and Colston were getting mugged on virtually EVERY play, saw at least 8 plays that should have been called at least illegal contact or PI. BTW, that late hit on Stafford penalty was BS too.
Even at this worst, was DA this bad?
^^^ Yes. Think DA against Buffalo.
Weeden just isn't NFL material.
-
By the way no, I didn't watch the Patriots game. As a matter of fact I don't know that I've ever watched an entire game that didn't include the Cleveland Browns.
but so what? There are always bad calls. Live with it. They're also bad plays.
Eli Manning.
Is he the worst quarterback in the league now?
WSS
-
By the way no, I didn't watch the Patriots game. As a matter of fact I don't know that I've ever watched an entire game that didn't include the Cleveland Browns.
but so what? There are always bad calls. Live with it. They're also bad plays.
Eli Manning.
Is he the worst quarterback in the league now?
WSS
By the way no, I didn't watch the Patriots game. As a matter of fact I don't know that I've ever watched an entire game that didn't include the Cleveland Browns.
but so what? There are always bad calls. Live with it. They're also bad plays.
Eli Manning.
Is he the worst quarterback in the league now?
WSS
No, but he's 2 years older than our quarterback and I think we know how everyone feels about his age.
-
Drive chart notwithstanding the Lions went to the well 3 times and luckily Stafford threw an interception in the endzone. Look I wish Weeden wouldn't have thrown the interception. But you can't let teams like the Lions run all over you. And we are getting a little bit Kelly Holcomb esque about Hoyer Yeah I'd like to see him succeed but who the hell knows.
But no matter what happens next season you guys will be booing Bridgewater or McCarron off the field too.
or Hoyer after his first two interceptions game.
WSS
fuck i'll boo mccarron on draft day if that's who we end up picking. That boo train will be bright and eyed and bushy tailed every fucking morning till opening day.
fuck i'll boo mccarron on draft day if that's who we end up picking. That boo train will be bright and eyed and bushy tailed every fucking morning till opening day.
Well good for you. I don't have a lot of respect for that attitude but it's a free country huh?
WSS
-
So I was 5 weeks too late...

Hate to think what my face would look at under similar circumstance...
Say what you like about Wheezy, but he stands in there. At least two of his better passes in the game were delivered just before getting rocked by one of the Lions' D-linemen.
Technically, I think a "flip-flop" is when you support a guy, give up on him, and then go back to him. Brandon and I are through.
I will root for him as long as he is a Brown, but I don't ever see him being "the guy" in Cleveland. My mind was made up after his 16th start, I'd seen enough. Nice that you figured it out earlier, I guess this season would be easier to swallow had I.
It would have been a lot of fun to see what Hoyer could do this year. Now we have two slow thinkers with big arms. I'm in favor of starting the one that didn't throw what the internet has now proclaimed to be "The Worst Interception in the History of the NFL."
Z
Zombo said:
Technically, I think a "flip-flop" is when you support a guy, give up on him, and then go back to him. Brandon and I are through.
1. A flip flop is just a changed position... what you describe is a flip flop flip... AKA a "Romney".
2. I am, and have been, pulling your chain. As you're aware Brandon and I never were.
Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.
Zombo said:
The defense let us down, but I think Hoyer wins that game. Holding the Lions to seven in the first half would have been enough for to keep us in the lead throughout the game, IMO.
Here is our second half drive chart:
Doubtful, Z. Running game went away and Hoyer's strength is off of play action.
Gotta go with WSS here...
It's too bad btw that I wasn't at this board last year, I got torched at another board after the Philly game which was Weedens first game.
Wasn't a whole lot better here... trust me.
-
Zombo said:
Technically, I think a "flip-flop" is when you support a guy, give up on him, and then go back to him. Brandon and I are through.
1. A flip flop is just a changed position... what you describe is a flip flop flip... AKA a "Romney".
2. I am, and have been, pulling your chain. As you're aware Brandon and I never were.
Still the Lions marched down the field at will for the entire second half. I doubt Campbell or Hoyer would have won the game.
Zombo said:
The defense let us down, but I think Hoyer wins that game. Holding the Lions to seven in the first half would have been enough for to keep us in the lead throughout the game, IMO.
Here is our second half drive chart:
Doubtful, Z. Running game went away and Hoyer's strength is off of play action.
Gotta go with WSS here...
It's too bad btw that I wasn't at this board last year, I got torched at another board after the Philly game which was Weedens first game.
Wasn't a whole lot better here... trust me.
1. A flip flop is just a changed position... what you describe is a flip flop flip... AKA a "Romney".
2. I am, and have been, pulling your chain. As you're aware Brandon and I never were.
Well aware of the chain pulling, my friend. In fact I am surprised you are not giving TGZ more grief for how he scores his picks.
I had a "flip" ... Brandon is the "flop".
Zombo
-
Yeah, giving up 24 points in the 2nd half....
All on Weeden's shoulders. Hey, get ride of another QB. Brilliant. About as smart as my Bills.
-
Did you watch any of the Patriots-Saints game? Compared to the ticky-tack calls that got the Lions their first TD, Graham and Colston were getting mugged on virtually EVERY play, saw at least 8 plays that should have been called at least illegal contact or PI. BTW, that late hit on Stafford penalty was BS too.
Even at this worst, was DA this bad?
^^^ Yes. Think DA against Buffalo.
Weeden just isn't NFL material.
^^^ Yes. Think DA against Buffalo.
Weeden just isn't NFL material.
Really, the Browns just aren't very good. Put a decent/good player on a BAD team doesn't make that team do a 180 overnight over even in a season or two.
-
^^^ Yes. Think DA against Buffalo.
Weeden just isn't NFL material.
Really, the Browns just aren't very good. Put a decent/good player on a BAD team doesn't make that team do a 180 overnight over even in a season or two.
Really, the Browns just aren't very good. Put a decent/good player on a BAD team doesn't make that team do a 180 overnight over even in a season or two.
One thing is for sure, we are better than the Bills.
Zombo
-
1. A flip flop is just a changed position... what you describe is a flip flop flip... AKA a "Romney".
2. I am, and have been, pulling your chain. As you're aware Brandon and I never were.
Well aware of the chain pulling, my friend. In fact I am surprised you are not giving TGZ more grief for how he scores his picks.
I had a "flip" ... Brandon is the "flop".
Zombo
Zombo said:
Well aware of the chain pulling, my friend. In fact I am surprised you are not giving TGZ more grief for how he scores his picks.
I had a "flip" ... Brandon is the "flop".
Zombo
LOL... if I were doing better, I'd be all over TGZ...
Flip Flop Fly... and out...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login