Skip to content

Ravens Fan Here-Going to the game this weekend!

The Browns Board
62 21 2.0k
  • Zombo said:

    Fuck you. How can you go into Cleveland wearing a Baltimore Ravens jersey? How can you even root for that team, you soulless pussy? I hope someone knocks the shit out of you.

    Zombo

    Come on man, it's a god damn football game. I'm so tired of people fighting and even killing people over a jersey on someone's back. I'm sure you'll have some response to this but seriously grow up. My brother went to the Browns/Panthers game with me years ago and I've never been more embarrassed of the fan base. He didn't say a word the whole game and people were genuinely asking to throw down. The browns were even winning the game for Christ sake.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @jrb12711 said:

    Come on man, it's a god damn football game. I'm so tired of people fighting and even killing people over a jersey on someone's back. I'm sure you'll have some response to this but seriously grow up. My brother went to the Browns/Panthers game with me years ago and I've never been more embarrassed of the fan base. He didn't say a word the whole game and people were genuinely asking to throw down. The browns were even winning the game for Christ sake.

    I don't have a problem with Panther fans.

    Zombo

  • letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Zombo+Mark O= Gold. lolz

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    How about this suggestion: come wearing generic clothing. You can be a raven fan without announcing it. Wear your Nike hoodie and Lehigh U. ballcap....or wherever you went to school. And be quiet.

    I doubt anything at all would happen if you did not do that...but why take the chance.

  • How about this suggestion: come wearing generic clothing. You can be a raven fan without announcing it. Wear your Nike hoodie and Lehigh U. ballcap....or wherever you went to school. And be quiet.

    I doubt anything at all would happen if you did not do that...but why take the chance.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    How about this suggestion: come wearing generic clothing. You can be a raven fan without announcing it. Wear your Nike hoodie and Lehigh U. ballcap....or wherever you went to school. And be quiet.

    I doubt anything at all would happen if you did not do that...but why take the chance.

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How about this suggestion: come wearing generic clothing. You can be a raven fan without announcing it. Wear your Nike hoodie and Lehigh U. ballcap....or wherever you went to school. And be quiet.

    I doubt anything at all would happen if you did not do that...but why take the chance.

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @jrb12711 said:

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic.

    OK....but I am simply advising him how to avoid the morons.

    If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that.

    Fine, Pollyanna

    We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    OK, but there are stupid people out there. Jesus, have you ever surfed through TV? You get Honey booboo. Swampmen. Prison shows. All kinds of garbage. I am lucky to find a single program worth watching on my 75 channels....except for the sports. And half that is soccer it seems these days.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How about this suggestion: come wearing generic clothing. You can be a raven fan without announcing it. Wear your Nike hoodie and Lehigh U. ballcap....or wherever you went to school. And be quiet.

    I doubt anything at all would happen if you did not do that...but why take the chance.

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @jrb12711 said:

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    I was purposely going over the top just to get a reaction, wasn't expecting it be from you, but that's OK.

    I really don't want anybody to get hurt.

    I just don't like Ravens fans walking in our door without somebody mindlessly bitchslapping them so I went first.

    A Ravens fan walking into our stadium still pisses me off after all these years.

    Zombo

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    I was purposely going over the top just to get a reaction, wasn't expecting it be from you, but that's OK.

    I really don't want anybody to get hurt.

    I just don't like Ravens fans walking in our door without somebody mindlessly bitchslapping them so I went first.

    A Ravens fan walking into our stadium still pisses me off after all these years.

    Zombo

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Zombo said:

    I was purposely going over the top just to get a reaction, wasn't expecting it be from you, but that's OK.

    I really don't want anybody to get hurt.

    I just don't like Ravens fans walking in our door without somebody mindlessly bitchslapping them so I went first.

    A Ravens fan walking into our stadium still pisses me off after all these years.

    Zombo

    You went 2nd technically..

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    I was purposely going over the top just to get a reaction, wasn't expecting it be from you, but that's OK.

    I really don't want anybody to get hurt.

    I just don't like Ravens fans walking in our door without somebody mindlessly bitchslapping them so I went first.

    A Ravens fan walking into our stadium still pisses me off after all these years.

    Zombo

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Zombo said:

    I was purposely going over the top just to get a reaction, wasn't expecting it be from you, but that's OK.

    I really don't want anybody to get hurt.

    I just don't like Ravens fans walking in our door without somebody mindlessly bitchslapping them so I went first.

    A Ravens fan walking into our stadium still pisses me off after all these years.

    Zombo

    I figured you were exaggerating, but my point still remains the same here. There are genuinely people in this world who will almost kill someone because of a sports fandom. I hear what you're saying, but Art Modell moved the team not the guy eating nachos with a Ray Lewis jersey on. It's just sad to me, but I suppose that's social Darwinism doing its job. Oh well, at least we can all hope Flacco is running for his life come Sunday and Browns put a W on the board.

  • Zombo said:

    I was purposely going over the top just to get a reaction, wasn't expecting it be from you, but that's OK.

    I really don't want anybody to get hurt.

    I just don't like Ravens fans walking in our door without somebody mindlessly bitchslapping them so I went first.

    A Ravens fan walking into our stadium still pisses me off after all these years.

    Zombo

    You went 2nd technically..

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mark-o said:

    You went 2nd technically..

    Yeah, I didn't sees your up yet when I started mine.

    Guess I shoulda went beer on the head instead of "shit knocked out of you" ... much more PC ... but it's just such a damn waste of good beer.

    Zombo

  • Zombo said:

    I was purposely going over the top just to get a reaction, wasn't expecting it be from you, but that's OK.

    I really don't want anybody to get hurt.

    I just don't like Ravens fans walking in our door without somebody mindlessly bitchslapping them so I went first.

    A Ravens fan walking into our stadium still pisses me off after all these years.

    Zombo

    I figured you were exaggerating, but my point still remains the same here. There are genuinely people in this world who will almost kill someone because of a sports fandom. I hear what you're saying, but Art Modell moved the team not the guy eating nachos with a Ray Lewis jersey on. It's just sad to me, but I suppose that's social Darwinism doing its job. Oh well, at least we can all hope Flacco is running for his life come Sunday and Browns put a W on the board.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @jrb12711 said:

    I figured you were exaggerating, but my point still remains the same here. There are genuinely people in this world who will almost kill someone because of a sports fandom. I hear what you're saying, but Art Modell moved the team not the guy eating nachos with a Ray Lewis jersey on. It's just sad to me, but I suppose that's social Darwinism doing its job. Oh well, at least we can all hope Flacco is running for his life come Sunday and Browns put a W on the board.

    I hear ya on the violence. That's stupid.

    But if it were reversed, and Cleveland stole the Baltimore Colts .... well, first of all, I wouldn't root for the transplanted team that was stolen ... but, if I did, I wouldn't go to Baltimore and root against them after we stole their team and kicked them in the nuts, that's just wrong.

    Yeah, Modell took the team, but I'll never forget the snotty gloating of Baltimore fans back in the lack 90's on the internet.

    Fuck ravens fans. Don't eat our nachos in our stadium wearing the jersey a man who was involved in the murder of two local guys.

    Yes, I have a problem with him sitting there eating nachos.

    Zombo

  • T tm45br wrote on last edited by tm45br
    #18

    Thanks guys. I know Zombo was just joking but that's what I'm worried about. Going with a couple Cleveland fans, just don't want them to get grief, or what ever you wish to call it. I like the Idea of not wearing anything but we're all football fans that's what we do. With that aside it would be hard to watch again and not clap for a pick or cheer for a TD.

    When you don't currently live in the city of your team, you're going to take a chance to see your team when you can.

  • @mark-o said:

    You went 2nd technically..

    Yeah, I didn't sees your up yet when I started mine.

    Guess I shoulda went beer on the head instead of "shit knocked out of you" ... much more PC ... but it's just such a damn waste of good beer.

    Zombo

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Zombo said:

    Yeah, I didn't sees your up yet when I started mine.

    Guess I shoulda went beer on the head instead of "shit knocked out of you" ... much more PC ... but it's just such a damn waste of good beer.

    Zombo

    Not to change the subject, but where'd you get a good beer in the stadium?

  • Zombo said:

    Yeah, I didn't sees your up yet when I started mine.

    Guess I shoulda went beer on the head instead of "shit knocked out of you" ... much more PC ... but it's just such a damn waste of good beer.

    Zombo

    Not to change the subject, but where'd you get a good beer in the stadium?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @cuwoohio said:

    Not to change the subject, but where'd you get a good beer in the stadium?

    Any beer is good beer.

    The ones at the game were great because Zombo was buying.....seems he kept losing bets to me.

  • @cuwoohio said:

    Not to change the subject, but where'd you get a good beer in the stadium?

    Any beer is good beer.

    The ones at the game were great because Zombo was buying.....seems he kept losing bets to me.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mark-o said:

    Any beer is good beer.

    The ones at the game were great because Zombo was buying.....seems he kept losing bets to me.

    Got to disagree there...there are a lot of crappy beers. As for the Ravens fan. Whatever. Go to the stadium. Don't be an asshole and you'll be fine. Cleveland fans aren't any different than any other fans in the NFL. Nobody likes the Ravens here, but I don't think you will have trouble.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Screw the Ratbirds.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Anything can happen around booze. Don't be a loudmouth talking shit when you've won and make high tail out of there. Don't make eye contact and look depressed that the home crowd lost. The only thing that scares me more than the walking dead are an angry Cleveland mob after yet another mind blowing loss. I'd bring a spare orange shirt and wear it under your jersey, just in case... I mean, aren't all Raven basically Browns when you get right down to it.?? lol

  • Anything can happen around booze. Don't be a loudmouth talking shit when you've won and make high tail out of there. Don't make eye contact and look depressed that the home crowd lost. The only thing that scares me more than the walking dead are an angry Cleveland mob after yet another mind blowing loss. I'd bring a spare orange shirt and wear it under your jersey, just in case... I mean, aren't all Raven basically Browns when you get right down to it.?? lol

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @poeticg said:

    I mean, aren't all Raven basically Browns when you get right down to it.?? lol

    Ok...I was wrong... THIS is the most moronic thing you've ever said. Screw the Ravens and their fans. Whine and cry for years about how Indianapolis "stole" your team and then these bastards go and do the exact same thing to another city and try and justify it. Fuck them and their team and their city.

    I'd dump one of the beers that Zombo pays for on the first Ratbird fan I saw on Sunday.

  • @mark-o said:

    Any beer is good beer.

    The ones at the game were great because Zombo was buying.....seems he kept losing bets to me.

    Got to disagree there...there are a lot of crappy beers. As for the Ravens fan. Whatever. Go to the stadium. Don't be an asshole and you'll be fine. Cleveland fans aren't any different than any other fans in the NFL. Nobody likes the Ravens here, but I don't think you will have trouble.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Got to disagree there...there are a lot of crappy beers. As for the Ravens fan. Whatever. Go to the stadium. Don't be an asshole and you'll be fine. Cleveland fans aren't any different than any other fans in the NFL. Nobody likes the Ravens here, but I don't think you will have trouble.

    There's beers that are better than others...but in my mind, the only bad beer is warm beer. Otherwise, I'm good.

  • H Harry Taintsniffer wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Since Art Modell screwed over Paul Brown too, does that mean you guys have a soft spot for the Bengals! 😁

    BTW that loss still hurts from week 3... lol Made Dalton look like Weeden! (sorry for the low blow).

    Anyway good luck this week! I think you can beat the Ravens for sure. Campbell looked pretty good last week on the road in KC.

  • Thanks guys. I know Zombo was just joking but that's what I'm worried about. Going with a couple Cleveland fans, just don't want them to get grief, or what ever you wish to call it. I like the Idea of not wearing anything but we're all football fans that's what we do. With that aside it would be hard to watch again and not clap for a pick or cheer for a TD.

    When you don't currently live in the city of your team, you're going to take a chance to see your team when you can.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tm45br said:

    Thanks guys. I know Zombo was just joking but that's what I'm worried about. Going with a couple Cleveland fans, just don't want them to get grief, or what ever you wish to call it. I like the Idea of not wearing anything but we're all football fans that's what we do. With that aside it would be hard to watch again and not clap for a pick or cheer for a TD.

    When you don't currently live in the city of your team, you're going to take a chance to see your team when you can.

    You will be just fine. Expect to take a lot of verbal shit as you should coming into our home. I truly would wish you no harm beyond our teaming kicking the living shit out of the Ravens. We all hate the fuck out of the Ravens for obvious reasons but its not your fault at how you secured a team.