Skip to content

Ravens Fan Here-Going to the game this weekend!

The Browns Board
62 21 2.0k
  • Thanks guys. I know Zombo was just joking but that's what I'm worried about. Going with a couple Cleveland fans, just don't want them to get grief, or what ever you wish to call it. I like the Idea of not wearing anything but we're all football fans that's what we do. With that aside it would be hard to watch again and not clap for a pick or cheer for a TD.

    When you don't currently live in the city of your team, you're going to take a chance to see your team when you can.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tm45br said:

    Thanks guys. I know Zombo was just joking but that's what I'm worried about. Going with a couple Cleveland fans, just don't want them to get grief, or what ever you wish to call it. I like the Idea of not wearing anything but we're all football fans that's what we do. With that aside it would be hard to watch again and not clap for a pick or cheer for a TD.

    When you don't currently live in the city of your team, you're going to take a chance to see your team when you can.

    I agree....all should be well, especially if you are going with some Brownies. As for the uniform, what I do when on the road is I don't wear much gear except for a hat. I wear the hat in and during the game, then maybe take it off as I am leaving because leaving is where the problems usually happen.

    I stick up for opposing fans if i see them getting hasseled...and many others do as well. Just be good natured and don't look for trouble and you usually won't find it.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Seriously, I've never seen fans get heckled at the Browns games...

    unless I missed some jerks smarting off and gloating, etc.

    Shouldn't be any worries. We all joke around a lot, that's all most folks would ever do.

    But it will never be over. The NFL football satan stole our team, we got it back.

    We're good. But that name shall forever be written in the depths of evil slime.

    I have to go cut firewood now. 🙂

  • @tm45br said:

    Something funny? I have heard a lot of things about the atmosphere in Cleveland for opposing fans, especially AFCN teams. I came to hear from some loyal fans that may have seen or have their own experiences. Don't know why that's funny. Sorry for being curious.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Come on man, it's a god damn football game. I'm so tired of people fighting and even killing people over a jersey on someone's back. I'm sure you'll have some response to this but seriously grow up. My brother went to the Browns/Panthers game with me years ago and I've never been more embarrassed of the fan base. He didn't say a word the whole game and people were genuinely asking to throw down. The browns were even winning the game for Christ sake.

    @tm45br said:

    Thanks guys. I know Zombo was just joking but that's what I'm worried about. Going with a couple Cleveland fans, just don't want them to get grief, or what ever you wish to call it. I like the Idea of not wearing anything but we're all football fans that's what we do. With that aside it would be hard to watch again and not clap for a pick or cheer for a TD.

    When you don't currently live in the city of your team, you're going to take a chance to see your team when you can.

    Ya know, I'd like to think Zombo and Mark are only joking- unfortunately- there's some asshole Browns fans who aren't. Section 108 is primo seating- as long as you're above row 10.

    Guys- it's time to bury the hatchet. Modell's dead, Lewis is retired. I'll say this as a Season ticket holder- I have our Ravens fan bracketed with my season tickets, first 105, and now 111. You want to bitch? Go bitch at the Season ticket holder who put his seats on StubHub to make major bucks over face value. (pay $250 there Ravens fan? That would be my guess for an $85 seat.) I'd burn my tickets before I'd sell them to a fan of another team- so there. Exactly what I told the a-hole in KC when his girlfriend told my pal's wife to shut up after the Browns scored a TD. That's the damn depressing thing- being surrounded by fans of the opposition, just make bucks, don't support the home team. Sure hope when the Browns start winning the entrepreneurs will actually start using their seats instead of selling them off.

    Now to Ravens fan- usually you're not going to get major crap as long as you act respectable. Can I 100% guarantee that? Hard to say. One thing for sure, don't gloat.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #32

    @hoorta said:

    Ya know, I'd like to think Zombo and Mark are only joking- unfortunately- there's some asshole Browns fans who aren't. Section 108 is primo seating- as long as you're above row 10.

    Guys- it's time to bury the hatchet. Modell's dead, Lewis is retired. I'll say this as a Season ticket holder- I have our Ravens fan bracketed with my season tickets, first 105, and now 111. You want to bitch? Go bitch at the Season ticket holder who put his seats on StubHub to make major bucks over face value. (pay $250 there Ravens fan? That would be my guess for an $85 seat.) I'd burn my tickets before I'd sell them to a fan of another team- so there. Exactly what I told the a-hole in KC when his girlfriend told my pal's wife to shut up after the Browns scored a TD. That's the damn depressing thing- being surrounded by fans of the opposition, just make bucks, don't support the home team. Sure hope when the Browns start winning the entrepreneurs will actually start using their seats instead of selling them off.

    Now to Ravens fan- usually you're not going to get major crap as long as you act respectable. Can I 100% guarantee that? Hard to say. One thing for sure, don't gloat.

    On what I bolded above I couldnt agree more!! +++1000 on this post

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I don't agree. I will always hate the Ratbirds, fuck them and their shit city.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #34

    i think some of us may take football a bit "too" seriously. lols

  • @the-gipper said:

    How about this suggestion: come wearing generic clothing. You can be a raven fan without announcing it. Wear your Nike hoodie and Lehigh U. ballcap....or wherever you went to school. And be quiet.

    I doubt anything at all would happen if you did not do that...but why take the chance.

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #35

    @jrb12711 said:

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    you are so right and it's not even being taken seriously by the other fools on the board.

    did you see what happened in san fran and oak where they beat the guy into a coma?

    how about the rangers fan getting jumped by three flyer fans while waiting to get a cheesesteak after a hockey game in philly. believe me that case is cold now but since one of the guys that got beat so bad he couldn't return to his job as a NYC police officer..........they will get the max, and it's only a matter of time.

    how about the jet's fan douche who punched the chick in the face last week? that cool. too?

    if you can't drink, don't drink. if you can't get along with people because they are wearing another color skin or god-forbid a fuckin jersey then you shouldn't be walking the streets.

    sociopaths.

    what happened in the past is the past. who gives a fuck. let it go. life's too short and then the worms will be eating your brains.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The point is nothing should happen if the guy is acting respectfully the whole time. To want to fight someone over a jersey is just moronic. If an opposing fan is starting some shit and being a douche than sure, I get it. But if a guy wants to come in, support his team and be respectful about it nothing should stop that. We as fans have literally no control of how good or bad a team is. It's a football game, not someone who assaulted your wife showing up at your house party. I guess I don't get the mindset of people who are willing to do that though. One punch to the right spot can put you in jail for 20 years. Those guys in SF have their lives ruined because they didn't like a jersey someone was wearing. It's just beyond stupid to me.

    you are so right and it's not even being taken seriously by the other fools on the board.

    did you see what happened in san fran and oak where they beat the guy into a coma?

    how about the rangers fan getting jumped by three flyer fans while waiting to get a cheesesteak after a hockey game in philly. believe me that case is cold now but since one of the guys that got beat so bad he couldn't return to his job as a NYC police officer..........they will get the max, and it's only a matter of time.

    how about the jet's fan douche who punched the chick in the face last week? that cool. too?

    if you can't drink, don't drink. if you can't get along with people because they are wearing another color skin or god-forbid a fuckin jersey then you shouldn't be walking the streets.

    sociopaths.

    what happened in the past is the past. who gives a fuck. let it go. life's too short and then the worms will be eating your brains.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @miktoxic said:

    you are so right and it's not even being taken seriously by the other fools on the board.

    did you see what happened in san fran and oak where they beat the guy into a coma?

    if you can't drink, don't drink. if you can't get along with people because they are wearing another color skin or god-forbid a fuckin jersey then you shouldn't be walking the streets.

    sociopaths.

    what happened in the past is the past. who gives a fuck. let it go. life's too short and then the worms will be eating your brains.

    Yeah- I get the "I hate the Steelers" mentality too. That doesn't give you any excuse to rip the jerseys off their backs & burn them, call their kids unprintable names, or leave them lying face down on the sidewalk bleeding. Gets down to the collegiate level too- OSU- Michigan, nice class slashing tires of cars with Michigan plates.

    Just happens I have 3 really cool friends that happen to be Steelers fans- it's not their fault they were born in Western PA.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Well, I'm glad most of you are ready to hold hands with the Ravens fans and sing "Kumbaya".

    I say fuck them. Fuck the team. Fuck the fans. Fuck the beer vendors. Fuck the city. Fuck the blue crabs. Fuck the "The Wire". Fuck Cal Ripken. Fuck Edgar Allan Poe, and Fuck this guy:

    And if some fuckity fuck in a fucking Ray fucking Lewis jersey is eating fucking nachos in our fucking stadium on Sunday, I hope somebody fucking tells him to go to fucking hell.

    Fucking Zombo

  • Well, I'm glad most of you are ready to hold hands with the Ravens fans and sing "Kumbaya".

    I say fuck them. Fuck the team. Fuck the fans. Fuck the beer vendors. Fuck the city. Fuck the blue crabs. Fuck the "The Wire". Fuck Cal Ripken. Fuck Edgar Allan Poe, and Fuck this guy:

    And if some fuckity fuck in a fucking Ray fucking Lewis jersey is eating fucking nachos in our fucking stadium on Sunday, I hope somebody fucking tells him to go to fucking hell.

    Fucking Zombo

    H Harry Taintsniffer wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Zombo said:

    Well, I'm glad most of you are ready to hold hands with the Ravens fans and sing "Kumbaya".

    I say fuck them. Fuck the team. Fuck the fans. Fuck the beer vendors. Fuck the city. Fuck the blue crabs. Fuck the "The Wire". Fuck Cal Ripken. Fuck Edgar Allan Poe, and Fuck this guy:

    And if some fuckity fuck in a fucking Ray fucking Lewis jersey is eating fucking nachos in our fucking stadium on Sunday, I hope somebody fucking tells him to go to fucking hell.

    Fucking Zombo

    Need a hug?

  • @miktoxic said:

    you are so right and it's not even being taken seriously by the other fools on the board.

    did you see what happened in san fran and oak where they beat the guy into a coma?

    if you can't drink, don't drink. if you can't get along with people because they are wearing another color skin or god-forbid a fuckin jersey then you shouldn't be walking the streets.

    sociopaths.

    what happened in the past is the past. who gives a fuck. let it go. life's too short and then the worms will be eating your brains.

    Yeah- I get the "I hate the Steelers" mentality too. That doesn't give you any excuse to rip the jerseys off their backs & burn them, call their kids unprintable names, or leave them lying face down on the sidewalk bleeding. Gets down to the collegiate level too- OSU- Michigan, nice class slashing tires of cars with Michigan plates.

    Just happens I have 3 really cool friends that happen to be Steelers fans- it's not their fault they were born in Western PA.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @hoorta said:

    . Gets down to the collegiate level too- OSU- Michigan, nice class slashing tires of cars with Michigan plates.

    People from michigan are very bad drivers. Maybe they did it to protect public safety.

  • Zombo said:

    Well, I'm glad most of you are ready to hold hands with the Ravens fans and sing "Kumbaya".

    I say fuck them. Fuck the team. Fuck the fans. Fuck the beer vendors. Fuck the city. Fuck the blue crabs. Fuck the "The Wire". Fuck Cal Ripken. Fuck Edgar Allan Poe, and Fuck this guy:

    And if some fuckity fuck in a fucking Ray fucking Lewis jersey is eating fucking nachos in our fucking stadium on Sunday, I hope somebody fucking tells him to go to fucking hell.

    Fucking Zombo

    Need a hug?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @harry-taintsniffer said:

    Need a hug?

    No, Harry, I need a Win.

    And i'm pretty sure it is coming Sunday.

    I wish it were against a franchise that I had at least an ounce of respect for ... Pittsburgh, the other 29 teams ..

    But it's against the historically irrelevant and ill-begotten Ratbirds.

    A franchise that can take "pride" in that fact their only HOFer, Jonathan Ogden, was the result of a draft pick stolen from Cleveland. And their franchise "icon", Ray Lewis, was also a Browns draft pick that the Browns had traded for, but the Ravens stole. Ray went on to make Baltimore proud though, being found guilty of obstructing justice in a double homicide. That's all yours.

    In fact every player that has worn the Mauve and Black is illegitimate in that they were all selected by Ozzie Newsome who you were able to get through the heist.

    I wish you weren't even in the division, our division, Buffalo or Indy would have been a better fit, but you are, and the winner of this game gets to climb back in the race and put some heat on Cincy. We already beat them and I'm pretty sure we'll beat you too now that we don't have a Retard at QB.

    It'll be fun to win ... just wish it was against a real team with real fans and not a bunch of soulless pussies in purple.

    Zombo

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    wish you weren't even in the division, our division, Buffalo or Indy would have been a better fit, but you are, and the winner of this game gets to climb back in the race and put some heat on Cincy. We already beat them and I'm pretty sure we'll beat you too now that we don't have a Retard at QB.

    Are you saying "Realignment"? How about this scenario:

    Northeast Division: Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills

    Mid-Atlantic Division: Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Panthers

    Southeast Division: Dolphins, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Falcons

    North Division: Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Colts

    Great Lakes Division: Lions, Bears, Packers, Vikings

    Mid-Central Division: Saints, Titans, Chiefs, Rams

    Southwest Division: Cowboys, Texans, Broncos, Cardinals

    West Coast Division: Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers

    Essentially, to me you do away with the Conferences..or actually what you have are divisions that rotate....so that you don't have what you have in basketball just East vs. West.

    One year say you have in the American Conference: the Northeast, Great Lakes, Mid-Central and West Coast divisions.

    The next year you have completely different division alignment. And do that on a rotation kind of like what they do with the schedules now.

  • wish you weren't even in the division, our division, Buffalo or Indy would have been a better fit, but you are, and the winner of this game gets to climb back in the race and put some heat on Cincy. We already beat them and I'm pretty sure we'll beat you too now that we don't have a Retard at QB.

    Are you saying "Realignment"? How about this scenario:

    Northeast Division: Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills

    Mid-Atlantic Division: Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Panthers

    Southeast Division: Dolphins, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Falcons

    North Division: Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Colts

    Great Lakes Division: Lions, Bears, Packers, Vikings

    Mid-Central Division: Saints, Titans, Chiefs, Rams

    Southwest Division: Cowboys, Texans, Broncos, Cardinals

    West Coast Division: Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers

    Essentially, to me you do away with the Conferences..or actually what you have are divisions that rotate....so that you don't have what you have in basketball just East vs. West.

    One year say you have in the American Conference: the Northeast, Great Lakes, Mid-Central and West Coast divisions.

    The next year you have completely different division alignment. And do that on a rotation kind of like what they do with the schedules now.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @the-gipper said:

    wish you weren't even in the division, our division, Buffalo or Indy would have been a better fit, but you are, and the winner of this game gets to climb back in the race and put some heat on Cincy. We already beat them and I'm pretty sure we'll beat you too now that we don't have a Retard at QB.

    Are you saying "Realignment"? How about this scenario:

    Northeast Division: Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills

    Mid-Atlantic Division: Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Panthers

    Southeast Division: Dolphins, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Falcons

    North Division: Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Colts

    Great Lakes Division: Lions, Bears, Packers, Vikings

    Mid-Central Division: Saints, Titans, Chiefs, Rams

    Southwest Division: Cowboys, Texans, Broncos, Cardinals

    West Coast Division: Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers

    Essentially, to me you do away with the Conferences..or actually what you have are divisions that rotate....so that you don't have what you have in basketball just East vs. West.

    One year say you have in the American Conference: the Northeast, Great Lakes, Mid-Central and West Coast divisions.

    The next year you have completely different division alignment. And do that on a rotation kind of like what they do with the schedules now.

    The problem with rotating like that is you don't get to see rivalry growing outside the divisions. For example, everyone was excited about the Broncos vs Ravens at the start of the year because the Ravens robbed the broncos in the playoffs. You wouldn't have that with the rotation.

  • @the-gipper said:

    wish you weren't even in the division, our division, Buffalo or Indy would have been a better fit, but you are, and the winner of this game gets to climb back in the race and put some heat on Cincy. We already beat them and I'm pretty sure we'll beat you too now that we don't have a Retard at QB.

    Are you saying "Realignment"? How about this scenario:

    Northeast Division: Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills

    Mid-Atlantic Division: Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Panthers

    Southeast Division: Dolphins, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Falcons

    North Division: Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Colts

    Great Lakes Division: Lions, Bears, Packers, Vikings

    Mid-Central Division: Saints, Titans, Chiefs, Rams

    Southwest Division: Cowboys, Texans, Broncos, Cardinals

    West Coast Division: Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers

    Essentially, to me you do away with the Conferences..or actually what you have are divisions that rotate....so that you don't have what you have in basketball just East vs. West.

    One year say you have in the American Conference: the Northeast, Great Lakes, Mid-Central and West Coast divisions.

    The next year you have completely different division alignment. And do that on a rotation kind of like what they do with the schedules now.

    The problem with rotating like that is you don't get to see rivalry growing outside the divisions. For example, everyone was excited about the Broncos vs Ravens at the start of the year because the Ravens robbed the broncos in the playoffs. You wouldn't have that with the rotation.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @gftchris said:

    The problem with rotating like that is you don't get to see rivalry growing outside the divisions. For example, everyone was excited about the Broncos vs Ravens at the start of the year because the Ravens robbed the broncos in the playoffs. You wouldn't have that with the rotation.

    But you perhaps have far better rivalrie within the divisions. Jets/Giants? Ravens/Redskins Raiders/49ers Cowboys/Texans

    Dolphins/Buccaneers Rams/Chiefs

    Who cares if you have no rivalries outside the division when the in-division rivalries are vastly magnified.

  • @gftchris said:

    The problem with rotating like that is you don't get to see rivalry growing outside the divisions. For example, everyone was excited about the Broncos vs Ravens at the start of the year because the Ravens robbed the broncos in the playoffs. You wouldn't have that with the rotation.

    But you perhaps have far better rivalrie within the divisions. Jets/Giants? Ravens/Redskins Raiders/49ers Cowboys/Texans

    Dolphins/Buccaneers Rams/Chiefs

    Who cares if you have no rivalries outside the division when the in-division rivalries are vastly magnified.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @the-gipper said:

    But you perhaps have far better rivalrie within the divisions. Jets/Giants? Ravens/Redskins Raiders/49ers Cowboys/Texans

    Dolphins/Buccaneers Rams/Chiefs

    Who cares if you have no rivalries outside the division when the in-division rivalries are vastly magnified.

    But then you only get really heated up about 6 games a season. If you split up the intra-state rivals, then you have both division and state rivals. Don't you? Are the Steelers and Eagles rivals?

  • @the-gipper said:

    But you perhaps have far better rivalrie within the divisions. Jets/Giants? Ravens/Redskins Raiders/49ers Cowboys/Texans

    Dolphins/Buccaneers Rams/Chiefs

    Who cares if you have no rivalries outside the division when the in-division rivalries are vastly magnified.

    But then you only get really heated up about 6 games a season. If you split up the intra-state rivals, then you have both division and state rivals. Don't you? Are the Steelers and Eagles rivals?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @gftchris said:

    But then you only get really heated up about 6 games a season. If you split up the intra-state rivals, then you have both division and state rivals. Don't you? Are the Steelers and Eagles rivals?

    You only really have that now anyway. I mean, I guess it is possible that you could lose having the Browns play the Broncos 3 out of 4 years for the Conference title.....or the Colts/Pats.

    But it doesn't necessarily mean you will lose that. Half the years you are still going to have the Colts and Pats playing in the same conference.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #46

    The browns and bengals should not be in the same division or even the same conference. As far as I know we are the only two team state (not three or more) that has teams in the same fucking division. Plus its too much orange and we had it first.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #47

    My ideal division would be cle, det, buf, and either chi or pit

  • The browns and bengals should not be in the same division or even the same conference. As far as I know we are the only two team state (not three or more) that has teams in the same fucking division. Plus its too much orange and we had it first.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The browns and bengals should not be in the same division or even the same conference. As far as I know we are the only two team state (not three or more) that has teams in the same fucking division. Plus its too much orange and we had it first.

    In theory the Jets and Bills are in the same state, though the NYJ play in Jersey.

    Raiders and Chargers, both in same state play in the same division.

  • My ideal division would be cle, det, buf, and either chi or pit

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    My ideal division would be cle, det, buf, and either chi or pit

    The Lake Erie Division?

    We already have the Lake Erie NFL fraternity. The Gods hate teams that play on Lake Erie. Lions, no titles since 1957. Browns, none since 1964. Bills, none since 1965.