Skip to content

Mid Year Bye Week Awards

The Browns Board
30 9 1.4k
  • I have to agree that Pryor has been a pleasant surprise for the Raiders in spite of the numbers. He's given them some hope. I think he needs to show improvement as the season progresses. He hasn't nailed anything down just yet.

    Nick Foles, I get props on that one. I went on and on, as I'm prone to do, about how he should go at least high 2nd and I'd be fine with the Browns drafting him there. He's the one and only acquisition that might make me NOT believe the Browns will go all-in at QB. And it might make more sense if we draft 16th and 25th or something. Might not have a real shot at any of the top four (Manziel and Carr being 3 and 4).

    I think he could be had for the Colts draft choice and a little something else. He's gonna be very popular if Chip decides he really wants to run his offense with Mariota, Manziel, or Boyd.

    @shep said:

    I have to agree that Pryor has been a pleasant surprise for the Raiders in spite of the numbers. He's given them some hope. I think he needs to show improvement as the season progresses. He hasn't nailed anything down just yet.

    Nick Foles, I get props on that one. I went on and on, as I'm prone to do, about how he should go at least high 2nd and I'd be fine with the Browns drafting him there. He's the one and only acquisition that might make me NOT believe the Browns will go all-in at QB. And it might make more sense if we draft 16th and 25th or something. Might not have a real shot at any of the top four (Manziel and Carr being 3 and 4).

    I think he could be had for the Colts draft choice and a little something else. He's gonna be very popular if Chip decides he really wants to run his offense with Mariota, Manziel, or Boyd.

    Uhm, I too was on the Nick Foles wagon for the Browns, thinking that with their first round picks that they could get TR and maybe the OT they needed. Reilly Reiff or even The Schwartz then. Then picking up Foles in the second round.

  • Here are my Mid Year/Bye Week awards for the NFL:

    MOP Offense: Peyton Manning, Broncos

    MOP Defense: Tamba Hali, Chiefs

    Rookie of the Year, Offense: Geno Smith (Eddie Lacy, runnerup)

    Rookie of the Year, Defense: Kiko Alonso (despite knocking Hoyer out)

    Biggest Surprise Team: KC Chiefs, clearly

    Biggest Disappointment Team: Atlanta Falcons

    Biggest Surprise Player: Terrelle Pryor (playing well and has team competitive) (Foles, runnerup, Hoyer could have been in here had he stayed healthy)

    Biggest Disappointment Player: Trent Richardson (for 2 teams!) runnerup: Eli

    Coach of the Year: Andy Reid

    Comeback Player: Jimmy Graham (best I could think of)

    Biggest Best Move by a Team: Browns trade of Trent Richardson

    Biggest Dumbass Move by a Team: having Seneca Wallace as your backup QB, Green Bay

    Biggest Dumbass Player: clearly it appears to be Richie Incognito,

    Biggest First Round Bust, so far: Jonathan Cooper OG ARZ. Hasn't played a game yet...perhaps injury.

    If you have some alternatives to these please let us know.

    If you want to add some of your own categories, please do so.

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are my Mid Year/Bye Week awards for the NFL:

    MOP Offense: Peyton Manning, Broncos +1

    MOP Defense: Tamba Hali, Chiefs+1

    Rookie of the Year, Offense: Geno Smith (Eddie Lacy, runnerup) Lacy

    Rookie of the Year, Defense: Kiko Alonso (despite knocking Hoyer out) honey badger

    Biggest Surprise Team: KC Chiefs, clearly Jets were projected to be one of the worst

    Biggest Disappointment Team: Atlanta Falcons. Houston Texans , Vikings

    Biggest Surprise Player: Terrelle Pryor (playing well and has team competitive) (Foles, runnerup, Hoyer could have been in here had he stayed healthy). Buster Skrine,

    Biggest Disappointment Player: Trent Richardson (for 2 teams!) runnerup: Eli. Josh Freeman, Matt Flynn, Brandon weeden, mike Wallace

    Coach of the Year: Andy Reid +1. Sean Payton nfc

    Comeback Player: Jimmy Graham (best I could think of)+1

    Biggest Best Move by a Team: Browns trade of Trent Richardson+1

    Biggest Dumbass Move by a Team: having Seneca Wallace as your backup QB, Green Bay. Colts for being on other end of situation above

    Biggest Dumbass Player: clearly it appears to be Richie Incognito, Justin blackmon Riley Cooper

    Biggest First Round Bust, so far: Jonathan Cooper OG ARZ. Hasn't played a game yet...perhaps injury. Cb Hayden for Raiders

    If you have some alternatives to these please let us know.

    If you want to add some of your own categories, please do so.

  • I have to agree that Pryor has been a pleasant surprise for the Raiders in spite of the numbers. He's given them some hope. I think he needs to show improvement as the season progresses. He hasn't nailed anything down just yet.

    Nick Foles, I get props on that one. I went on and on, as I'm prone to do, about how he should go at least high 2nd and I'd be fine with the Browns drafting him there. He's the one and only acquisition that might make me NOT believe the Browns will go all-in at QB. And it might make more sense if we draft 16th and 25th or something. Might not have a real shot at any of the top four (Manziel and Carr being 3 and 4).

    I think he could be had for the Colts draft choice and a little something else. He's gonna be very popular if Chip decides he really wants to run his offense with Mariota, Manziel, or Boyd.

    Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated???

    Not feeling a QB with a 71 Rating for Off ROY... but pickings are so slim that a lineman, Kyle Long has a shot at this honor.

    Agree on Aaron Pryor... never saw him coming.

    For Coach of Year Reid is a fine choice, but Sean Payton gets my vote... Sean's missed year and return is like a light-switch was turned off/ on in NO.

    I think Houston has been the biggest disappointment.

    Lastly, if trading away Trent was the Best move... is not trading for him the worst??? AKA Biggest DumbAss Move?

    @shep said:

    Nick Foles, I get props on that one. I went on and on, as I'm prone to do, about how he should go at least high 2nd and I'd be fine with the Browns drafting him there.

    I had Foles in my one and only Mock... should count for something. đŸ™‚

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22385&hl=mock

  • As far as the browns go: buster skrine, Jordan Cameron, Brian hoyer, Jason Campbell, bark. mingo, des. Bryant.

    I disagree with Pryor also, playing average and making bad throws. No surprise, IMO. I'd happily take Campbell over pryor.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here are my Mid Year/Bye Week awards for the NFL:

    MOP Offense: Peyton Manning, Broncos +1

    MOP Defense: Tamba Hali, Chiefs+1

    Rookie of the Year, Offense: Geno Smith (Eddie Lacy, runnerup) Lacy

    Rookie of the Year, Defense: Kiko Alonso (despite knocking Hoyer out) honey badger

    Biggest Surprise Team: KC Chiefs, clearly Jets were projected to be one of the worst

    Biggest Disappointment Team: Atlanta Falcons. Houston Texans , Vikings

    Biggest Surprise Player: Terrelle Pryor (playing well and has team competitive) (Foles, runnerup, Hoyer could have been in here had he stayed healthy). Buster Skrine,

    Biggest Disappointment Player: Trent Richardson (for 2 teams!) runnerup: Eli. Josh Freeman, Matt Flynn, Brandon weeden, mike Wallace

    Coach of the Year: Andy Reid +1. Sean Payton nfc

    Comeback Player: Jimmy Graham (best I could think of)+1

    Biggest Best Move by a Team: Browns trade of Trent Richardson+1

    Biggest Dumbass Move by a Team: having Seneca Wallace as your backup QB, Green Bay. Colts for being on other end of situation above

    Biggest Dumbass Player: clearly it appears to be Richie Incognito, Justin blackmon Riley Cooper

    Biggest First Round Bust, so far: Jonathan Cooper OG ARZ. Hasn't played a game yet...perhaps injury. Cb Hayden for Raiders

    If you have some alternatives to these please let us know.

    If you want to add some of your own categories, please do so.

    @cdl15 said:

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are my Mid Year/Bye Week awards for the NFL:

    MOP Offense: Peyton Manning, Broncos +1

    MOP Defense: Tamba Hali, Chiefs+1

    Rookie of the Year, Offense: Geno Smith (Eddie Lacy, runnerup) Lacy

    Rookie of the Year, Defense: Kiko Alonso (despite knocking Hoyer out) honey badger Really? I have heard nothing about how he is performing. State your case, tell us what he has been doing besides living on reputation.

    Biggest Surprise Team: KC Chiefs, clearly Jets were projected to be one of the worst OK, at least runnerup. That is why I have Geno at ROY

    Biggest Disappointment Team: Atlanta Falcons. Houston Texans , Vikings Yes, Texans at least runnerup

    Biggest Surprise Player: Terrelle Pryor (playing well and has team competitive) (Foles, runnerup, Hoyer could have been in here had he stayed healthy). Buster Skrine,

    Biggest Disappointment Player: Trent Richardson (for 2 teams!) runnerup: Eli. Josh Freeman, Matt Flynn, Brandon weeden, mike Wallace

    Yea, all good candidates.

    Coach of the Year: Andy Reid +1. Sean Payton nfc

    Comeback Player: Jimmy Graham (best I could think of)+1

    Biggest Best Move by a Team: Browns trade of Trent Richardson+1

    Biggest Dumbass Move by a Team: having Seneca Wallace as your backup QB, Green Bay. Colts for being on other end of situation above

    Biggest Dumbass Player: clearly it appears to be Richie Incognito, Justin blackmon Riley Cooper yes, also good choices

    Biggest First Round Bust, so far: Jonathan Cooper OG ARZ. Hasn't played a game yet...perhaps injury. Cb Hayden for Raiders

    If you have some alternatives to these please let us know.

    If you want to add some of your own categories, please do so.

  • Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated???

    Not feeling a QB with a 71 Rating for Off ROY... but pickings are so slim that a lineman, Kyle Long has a shot at this honor.

    Agree on Aaron Pryor... never saw him coming.

    For Coach of Year Reid is a fine choice, but Sean Payton gets my vote... Sean's missed year and return is like a light-switch was turned off/ on in NO.

    I think Houston has been the biggest disappointment.

    Lastly, if trading away Trent was the Best move... is not trading for him the worst??? AKA Biggest DumbAss Move?

    @shep said:

    Nick Foles, I get props on that one. I went on and on, as I'm prone to do, about how he should go at least high 2nd and I'd be fine with the Browns drafting him there.

    I had Foles in my one and only Mock... should count for something. đŸ™‚

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22385&hl=mock

    @tour2ma said:

    Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated??? Most Outstanding Player...which I personally think is a better designation than MVP.

    Not feeling a QB with a 71 Rating for Off ROY... but pickings are so slim that a lineman, Kyle Long has a shot at this honor.

    If you mean Geno Smith...I am basing it purely on the fact that he does have a team that many thought might be the worst in the NFL in the playoff hunt. It is obviously very hard to evaluate offensive linemen....so you may indeed be right....that an OL is actually doing best...you just can't tell overtly

    Agree on Aaron Pryor... never saw him coming. Probably because Aaron Pryor is a boxer and his right hook caught you off guard đŸ˜›

    Obviously you meant Terrell Pryor

    For Coach of Year Reid is a fine choice, but Sean Payton gets my vote... Sean's missed year and return is like a light-switch was turned off/ on in NO. Certainly arguable.

    I think Houston has been the biggest disappointment. Ditto

    Lastly, if trading away Trent was the Best move... is not trading for him the worst??? AKA Biggest DumbAss Move?

    Maybe, but I just wanted to vary my choices up....though, honestly....if Rodgers IS out most of the rest of the season, and the Packers have to go with Seneca Wallace....and they lose most of their games because of it, THAT WILL in my opinion prove to be the dumbest move. Perhaps no team in the league is as reliant on their Super Star QB as the Packers are, and having no really viable backup could kill their season. Even the Browns were far, far better at having backup QB talent than the Pack had. We all know that.

    I had Foles in my one and only Mock... should count for something. đŸ™‚

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22385&hl=mock

  • As far as the browns go: buster skrine, Jordan Cameron, Brian hoyer, Jason Campbell, bark. mingo, des. Bryant.

    I disagree with Pryor also, playing average and making bad throws. No surprise, IMO. I'd happily take Campbell over pryor.

    @bbedward said:

    As far as the browns go: buster skrine, Jordan Cameron, Brian hoyer, Jason Campbell, bark. mingo, des. Bryant.

    I disagree with Pryor also, playing average and making bad throws. No surprise, IMO. I'd happily take Campbell over pryor.

    Do you have an alternate for "Biggest Surprise player" besides Pryor. Like I said, I don't buy Cameron and Gordon...I expected them with their talent to play the way they are.

    Hoyer would have been a very good candidate had he remained available...and continued to play the way he was playing.

    Who came out of nowhere to have a good season?

  • @bbedward said:

    As far as the browns go: buster skrine, Jordan Cameron, Brian hoyer, Jason Campbell, bark. mingo, des. Bryant.

    I disagree with Pryor also, playing average and making bad throws. No surprise, IMO. I'd happily take Campbell over pryor.

    Do you have an alternate for "Biggest Surprise player" besides Pryor. Like I said, I don't buy Cameron and Gordon...I expected them with their talent to play the way they are.

    Hoyer would have been a very good candidate had he remained available...and continued to play the way he was playing.

    Who came out of nowhere to have a good season?

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you have an alternate for "Biggest Surprise player" besides Pryor. Like I said, I don't buy Cameron and Gordon...I expected them with their talent to play the way they are.

    Hoyer would have been a very good candidate had he remained available...and continued to play the way he was playing.

    Who came out of nowhere to have a good season?

    Buster Skrine - by far and away the biggest worst-to-first story on our team, got to be up there in the league as a whole.

    A few rookies are playing well above their draft status - Kiko Alonsno and Zac Stacey have already been mentioned. Mike Glennon's played well enough for a 4th round rookie thrust in to being starter.

  • Lmao at Geno Smith! Keenum's outplaying him!

  • @bbedward said:

    As far as the browns go: buster skrine, Jordan Cameron, Brian hoyer, Jason Campbell, bark. mingo, des. Bryant.

    I disagree with Pryor also, playing average and making bad throws. No surprise, IMO. I'd happily take Campbell over pryor.

    Do you have an alternate for "Biggest Surprise player" besides Pryor. Like I said, I don't buy Cameron and Gordon...I expected them with their talent to play the way they are.

    Hoyer would have been a very good candidate had he remained available...and continued to play the way he was playing.

    Who came out of nowhere to have a good season?

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you have an alternate for "Biggest Surprise player" besides Pryor. Like I said, I don't buy Cameron and Gordon...I expected them with their talent to play the way they are.

    Hoyer would have been a very good candidate had he remained available...and continued to play the way he was playing.

    Who came out of nowhere to have a good season?

    Cameron is not a surprise to you or me, but to the league on a whole I think he is.

    I like the choice of Skrine too, but I doubt anybody outside of Cleveland and NFL film rooms is noticing him.

    Still not on board with Pryor ... If you told me before the season that the Raiders were going to start him and they would be 3-5, he would have a 72 rating and run for a lot of yards I would have said ... OK, sounds about right.

    Zombo

    --Jason Campbell keeps playing like this, he is up for "Best Surprise" and "Comeback Player of the Year"

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do you have an alternate for "Biggest Surprise player" besides Pryor. Like I said, I don't buy Cameron and Gordon...I expected them with their talent to play the way they are.

    Hoyer would have been a very good candidate had he remained available...and continued to play the way he was playing.

    Who came out of nowhere to have a good season?

    Cameron is not a surprise to you or me, but to the league on a whole I think he is.

    I like the choice of Skrine too, but I doubt anybody outside of Cleveland and NFL film rooms is noticing him.

    Still not on board with Pryor ... If you told me before the season that the Raiders were going to start him and they would be 3-5, he would have a 72 rating and run for a lot of yards I would have said ... OK, sounds about right.

    Zombo

    --Jason Campbell keeps playing like this, he is up for "Best Surprise" and "Comeback Player of the Year"

    Zombo said:

    Cameron is not a surprise to you or me, but to the league on a whole I think he is.

    I like the choice of Skrine too, but I doubt anybody outside of Cleveland and NFL film rooms is noticing him.

    Still not on board with Pryor ... If you told me before the season that the Raiders were going to start him and they would be 3-5, he would have a 72 rating and run for a lot of yards I would have said ... OK, sounds about right.

    Zombo

    --Jason Campbell keeps playing like this, he is up for "Best Surprise" and "Comeback Player of the Year"

    What is the criteria for "Comeback Player of the Year"? I thought one had to be out like a whole year or most of a year due to injury etc., not just because you were not playing. Like Adrian Peterson, Peyton Manning who both lost a year to a major injury.

    If the Comeback player can be given to someone who just was not playing, but then who is called on to do well, then yes, maybe Campbell can qualify. (but first....he must continue his solid performances, mustn't he)

  • Here is data on "Comeback Player":

    The National Football League Comeback Player of the Year Award refers to a number of awards that are given to an NFL player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.[1] The awards have been presented by several organizations, including the Associated Press, Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA), Sporting News, and United Press International.

    So, apparently "simply poor performance" can be a criteria.



    Contents
    [hide] 1 AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)
    2 PFW/PFWA Comeback Player of the Year award (1972–present)
    3 UPI Comeback Player of the Year award (1962–1969)
    4 Sporting News Comeback Player of the Year award
    5 References

    AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)[edit]
    1963 Jim Martin, K, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[2] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [3]
    1964 Lenny Moore, RB, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[4] Abner Haynes, RB, Kansas City Chiefs (AFL) [5]
    1965 John Brodie, QB, San Francisco 49ers (NFL);[6] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [7]
    1966 Dick Bass, RB, Los Angeles Rams (NFL);[8] Babe Parilli, QB, Boston Patriots (AFL) [9]
    1967-1997 No award given
    1998 Doug Flutie, QB, Buffalo [10]
    1999 Bryant Young, DT, San Francisco [11]
    2000 Joe Johnson, DE, New Orleans [12]
    2001 Garrison Hearst, RB, San Francisco[13]
    2002 Tommy Maddox, QB, Pittsburgh [14]
    2003 Jon Kitna, QB, Cincinnati [15]
    2004 Drew Brees, QB, San Diego [16]
    2005 Tedy Bruschi, LB, New England and Steve Smith, WR, Carolina [17]
    2006 Chud Pennington, QB, New York Jets [18]
    2007 Greg Ellis, LB, Dallas [19]
    2008 Chud Pennington (2), QB, Miami[20]
    2009 Tom Brady, QB, New England[21]
    2010 Michael Vick, QB, Philadelphia[22]
    2011 Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit[23]
    2012 Peyton Manning, QB, Denver[24]

  • From 1972 to 1991, the Comeback Player of the Year award was presented by Pro Football Weekly only. PFW and the Professional Football Writers of America combined their awards in 1992.

    Season Player Team Position College

    1972 Earl Morrall Miami Dolphins Quarterback Michigan State

    1973 Roman Gabriel Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback North Carolina State

    1974 Joe Namath New York Jets Quarterback Alabama

    1975 Dave Hampton Atlanta Falcons Running back Wyoming

    1976 Greg Landry Detroit Lions Quarterback Massachusetts

    1977 Craig Morton Denver Broncos Quarterback California

    1978 John Riggins Washington Redskins Running back Kansas

    1979 Larry Csonka Miami Dolphins Fullback Syracuse

    1980 Jim Plunkett Oakland Raiders Quarterback Stanford

    1981 Ken Anderson Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Augustana

    1982 Lyle Alzado Los Angeles Raiders Defensive end Yankton

    1983 Billy Johnson Atlanta Falcons Wide receiver Widener

    1984 John Stallworth Pittsburgh Steelers Wide receiver Alabama A&M

    1985 No Award

    1986 Joe Montana Tommy Kramer San Francisco 49ers Minnesota Vikings Quarterback
    Quarterback Notre Dame Rice

    1987 Charles White Los Angeles Rams Running back USC

    1988 Greg Bell Los Angeles Rams Running back Notre Dame

    1989 Ottis Anderson New York Giants Running back Miami

    1990 Barry Word Kansas City Chiefs Running back Virginia

    1991 Jim McMahon Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Brigham Young

    1992 Randall Cunningham Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback UNLV

    1993 Marcus Allen Kansas City Chiefs Running back USC

    1994 Dan Marino Miami Dolphins Quarterback Pittsburgh

    1995 Jim Harbaugh Garrison Hearst Indianapolis Colts Arizona Cardinals QuarterbackRunning Back Michigan Georgia

    1996 Jerome Bettis Pittsburgh Steelers Running back Notre Dame

    1997 Robert Brooks Green Bay Packers Wide receiver South Carolina

    1998 Doug Flutie Buffalo Bills Quarterback Boston College

    1999 Bryant Young San Francisco 49ers Defensive Tackle Notre Dame

    2000 Joe Johnson New Orleans Saints Defensive End Louisville

    2001 Garrison Hearst San Francisco 49ers Running Back Georgia

    2002 Tommy Maddox Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback UCLA

    2003 Jon Kitna Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Central Washington

    2004 Willis McGahee Buffalo Bills Running Back Miami, FL

    2005 Steve Smith Tedy Bruschi Carolina Panthers New England Patriots Wide receiver Linebacker University of Utah Arizona

    2006 Chud Pennington New York Jets Quarterback Marshall

    2007 Greg Ellis Dallas Cowboys Defensive End North Carolina

    2008 Chud Pennington Miami Dolphins Quarterback Marshall

    2009 Tom Brady New England Patriots Quarterback Michigan

    2010 Michael Vick Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Virginia Tech

    2011 Matthew Stafford Detroit Lions Quarterback Georgia

    2012 Peyton Manning Denver Broncos Quarterback Tennessee

  • Here is data on "Comeback Player":

    The National Football League Comeback Player of the Year Award refers to a number of awards that are given to an NFL player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.[1] The awards have been presented by several organizations, including the Associated Press, Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA), Sporting News, and United Press International.

    So, apparently "simply poor performance" can be a criteria.



    Contents
    [hide] 1 AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)
    2 PFW/PFWA Comeback Player of the Year award (1972–present)
    3 UPI Comeback Player of the Year award (1962–1969)
    4 Sporting News Comeback Player of the Year award
    5 References

    AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)[edit]
    1963 Jim Martin, K, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[2] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [3]
    1964 Lenny Moore, RB, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[4] Abner Haynes, RB, Kansas City Chiefs (AFL) [5]
    1965 John Brodie, QB, San Francisco 49ers (NFL);[6] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [7]
    1966 Dick Bass, RB, Los Angeles Rams (NFL);[8] Babe Parilli, QB, Boston Patriots (AFL) [9]
    1967-1997 No award given
    1998 Doug Flutie, QB, Buffalo [10]
    1999 Bryant Young, DT, San Francisco [11]
    2000 Joe Johnson, DE, New Orleans [12]
    2001 Garrison Hearst, RB, San Francisco[13]
    2002 Tommy Maddox, QB, Pittsburgh [14]
    2003 Jon Kitna, QB, Cincinnati [15]
    2004 Drew Brees, QB, San Diego [16]
    2005 Tedy Bruschi, LB, New England and Steve Smith, WR, Carolina [17]
    2006 Chud Pennington, QB, New York Jets [18]
    2007 Greg Ellis, LB, Dallas [19]
    2008 Chud Pennington (2), QB, Miami[20]
    2009 Tom Brady, QB, New England[21]
    2010 Michael Vick, QB, Philadelphia[22]
    2011 Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit[23]
    2012 Peyton Manning, QB, Denver[24]

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is data on "Comeback Player":

    The National Football League Comeback Player of the Year Award refers to a number of awards that are given to an NFL player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.[1] The awards have been presented by several organizations, including the Associated Press, Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA), Sporting News, and United Press International.

    So, apparently "simply poor performance" can be a criteria.

    Contents

    [hide] 1 AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)

    2 PFW/PFWA Comeback Player of the Year award (1972–present)

    3 UPI Comeback Player of the Year award (1962–1969)

    4 Sporting News Comeback Player of the Year award

    5 References

    AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)[edit]

    1963 Jim Martin, K, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[2] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [3]

    1964 Lenny Moore, RB, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[4] Abner Haynes, RB, Kansas City Chiefs (AFL) [5]

    1965 John Brodie, QB, San Francisco 49ers (NFL);[6] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [7]

    1966 Dick Bass, RB, Los Angeles Rams (NFL);[8] Babe Parilli, QB, Boston Patriots (AFL) [9]

    1967-1997 No award given

    1998 Doug Flutie, QB, Buffalo [10]

    1999 Bryant Young, DT, San Francisco [11]

    2000 Joe Johnson, DE, New Orleans [12]

    2001 Garrison Hearst, RB, San Francisco[13]

    2002 Tommy Maddox, QB, Pittsburgh [14]

    2003 Jon Kitna, QB, Cincinnati [15]

    2004 Drew Brees, QB, San Diego [16]

    2005 Tedy Bruschi, LB, New England and Steve Smith, WR, Carolina [17]

    2006 Chud Pennington, QB, New York Jets [18]

    2007 Greg Ellis, LB, Dallas [19]

    2008 Chud Pennington (2), QB, Miami[20]

    2009 Tom Brady, QB, New England[21]

    2010 Michael Vick, QB, Philadelphia[22]

    2011 Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit[23]

    2012 Peyton Manning, QB, Denver[24]

    Kitna would be a prime example of a guy that everyone thought was done and came back and had a nice season.

    Did you change Chad Pennington to Chud Pennington, or is that the way they had it, lol?

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is data on "Comeback Player":

    The National Football League Comeback Player of the Year Award refers to a number of awards that are given to an NFL player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.[1] The awards have been presented by several organizations, including the Associated Press, Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA), Sporting News, and United Press International.

    So, apparently "simply poor performance" can be a criteria.

    Contents

    [hide] 1 AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)

    2 PFW/PFWA Comeback Player of the Year award (1972–present)

    3 UPI Comeback Player of the Year award (1962–1969)

    4 Sporting News Comeback Player of the Year award

    5 References

    AP Comeback Player of the Year award (1963–present)[edit]

    1963 Jim Martin, K, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[2] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [3]

    1964 Lenny Moore, RB, Baltimore Colts (NFL);[4] Abner Haynes, RB, Kansas City Chiefs (AFL) [5]

    1965 John Brodie, QB, San Francisco 49ers (NFL);[6] Paul Lowe, RB, San Diego Chargers (AFL) [7]

    1966 Dick Bass, RB, Los Angeles Rams (NFL);[8] Babe Parilli, QB, Boston Patriots (AFL) [9]

    1967-1997 No award given

    1998 Doug Flutie, QB, Buffalo [10]

    1999 Bryant Young, DT, San Francisco [11]

    2000 Joe Johnson, DE, New Orleans [12]

    2001 Garrison Hearst, RB, San Francisco[13]

    2002 Tommy Maddox, QB, Pittsburgh [14]

    2003 Jon Kitna, QB, Cincinnati [15]

    2004 Drew Brees, QB, San Diego [16]

    2005 Tedy Bruschi, LB, New England and Steve Smith, WR, Carolina [17]

    2006 Chud Pennington, QB, New York Jets [18]

    2007 Greg Ellis, LB, Dallas [19]

    2008 Chud Pennington (2), QB, Miami[20]

    2009 Tom Brady, QB, New England[21]

    2010 Michael Vick, QB, Philadelphia[22]

    2011 Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit[23]

    2012 Peyton Manning, QB, Denver[24]

    Kitna would be a prime example of a guy that everyone thought was done and came back and had a nice season.

    Did you change Chad Pennington to Chud Pennington, or is that the way they had it, lol?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Kitna would be a prime example of a guy that everyone thought was done and came back and had a nice season.

    Did you change Chud Pennington to Chud Pennington, or is that the way they had it, lol?

    Zombo

    I didn't change it, and that is not the way it was on the Wiki page. This site must have done an autochange on that. đŸ˜•

    But, OK then. Let's hope that Campbell revs up his campaign for Comeback Player.

  • Still picking Skrine for Browns' comeback POTY. Not that anyone outside cleveland would know it.

  • Still picking Skrine for Browns' comeback POTY. Not that anyone outside cleveland would know it.

    @gftchris said:

    Still picking Skrine for Browns' comeback POTY. Not that anyone outside cleveland would know it.

    You have to have been somebody first to then "come back". Skrine is simply a young developing player who is getting better. What is this, his third year?

    Campbell would be far more apt. If McGahee would miraculously get like 100 yards a game here on out he would qualify (but hell, he already won it once I see)

  • Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated???

    OK, let's add that as a category: Who has been the most Overrated Player in the NFL so far this year?

  • Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated???

    OK, let's add that as a category: Who has been the most Overrated Player in the NFL so far this year?

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated???

    OK, let's add that as a category: Who has been the most Overrated Player in the NFL so far this year?

    Richardson...

  • Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated???

    OK, let's add that as a category: Who has been the most Overrated Player in the NFL so far this year?

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry, but WTF is "MOP"??? Overrated???

    OK, let's add that as a category: Who has been the most Overrated Player in the NFL so far this year?

    Possible Candidates:

    #1 Von Miller NFL Network rated him the #9 best overall player in the NFL. What he is is a roid freak who may not be all that without the juice.

    Aldon Smith. Due to issues just isn't playing.

    Ray Rice...can't get free like he used to

    Robert Griffin III injuries hampering his play....(his hype is so high it would be hard for anyone to live up to it)

    Ed Reed....may be done. I believe he lost his starting job in Houston, NO?

    Julio Jones...I personally always thought he was overrated...even when he wasn't injured

    Trent Richardson....need I say more. We all, me included, had him becoming the next Emmit Smith. I guess not.