Skip to content

Worst mock draft

The Browns Board
37 22 1.5k
  • This might be the worst I've seen 😵😵

    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

  • The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

  • This might be the worst I've seen 😵😵

    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

    @b86b said:

    This might be the worst I've seen 😵😵

    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

    That is absolutely the worst mock I've seen.

    That guy clearly was just picking Cle's picks based off overall BPA.

  • The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

    @poeticg said:

    The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

    im afraid they will try. They will either miss, which is much more probable, or overpay with three first rounders and a second
  • I would take a RG and WR in the first round. I think a QB can still be had in the 2nd round. We have just ignored the offense altogether and we're paying the price for it. Fullback? Kicker? O-line? No, we were busy putting 17 guys on the front 7. So what do we have now? Campbell goes down and the season's over (not that it isn't already). We have maybe 4 guys on the offense who'd start anywhere else. The rest? Meh. We don't have the talent to play out of a hole like we generated last Sunday.

    I just want respectability. Last Sunday shows we still don't have it. We have plenty of draft picks and my fear is they'll ball up 5 of those for a QB, then once again we'll have nothing left to address gapping holes in the offense.

  • It's a Richardson cock draft

  • The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

    @poeticg said:

    The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

    I think you're right about this. I have no idea who they may target, but I'm guessing the will move up rather than taking a chance on missing their guy. This next draft will go a long way in determining the success or failure of the current regime. Not sure they have to worry about Pittsburgh picking in front ot them, but we'll know more about that after Sunday.

  • @b86b said:

    This might be the worst I've seen 😵😵

    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

    That is absolutely the worst mock I've seen.

    That guy clearly was just picking Cle's picks based off overall BPA.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That is absolutely the worst mock I've seen.

    That guy clearly was just picking Cle's picks based off overall BPA.

    Ditto based upon his Texans picks...

  • Don't be surprised if the Squealers go for a QB in the first round. Knowing our luck, they'll pick right before us and grab their franchise QB for the next decade and we'll get stuck with another QB bust.

    @bonedawg said:

    Don't be surprised if the Squealers go for a QB in the first round. Knowing our luck, they'll pick right before us and grab their franchise QB for the next decade and we'll get stuck with another QB bust.

    Ben is 31, they arent going to draft a qb in round 1 unless they trade ben before the draft and i would be beyond shocked if that happens. I could see a lt or a big wr but even then i can see the steelers picking after the browns despite the roller coaster so far.

  • ugh.

    what have we time warped to 4/14 already?

    STFU.

  • I would take a RG and WR in the first round. I think a QB can still be had in the 2nd round. We have just ignored the offense altogether and we're paying the price for it. Fullback? Kicker? O-line? No, we were busy putting 17 guys on the front 7. So what do we have now? Campbell goes down and the season's over (not that it isn't already). We have maybe 4 guys on the offense who'd start anywhere else. The rest? Meh. We don't have the talent to play out of a hole like we generated last Sunday.

    I just want respectability. Last Sunday shows we still don't have it. We have plenty of draft picks and my fear is they'll ball up 5 of those for a QB, then once again we'll have nothing left to address gapping holes in the offense.

    @beesindy said:

    I would take a RG and WR in the first round. I think a QB can still be had in the 2nd round. We have just ignored the offense altogether and we're paying the price for it. Fullback? Kicker? O-line? No, we were busy putting 17 guys on the front 7. So what do we have now? Campbell goes down and the season's over (not that it isn't already). We have maybe 4 guys on the offense who'd start anywhere else. The rest? Meh. We don't have the talent to play out of a hole like we generated last Sunday.

    I just want respectability. Last Sunday shows we still don't have it. We have plenty of draft picks and my fear is they'll ball up 5 of those for a QB, then once again we'll have nothing left to address gapping holes in the offense.

    Bees, pretty sure one of those first round picks will be a qb. I just hope they don't use multiple picks on one- the Cincy game showed we still have a ways to go on offense. You don't take a guard i the first round unless he's another Chance Warmack.

    & Really we already have two firsts and a second rounder on the o-line, how many do we need?

  • @beesindy said:

    I would take a RG and WR in the first round. I think a QB can still be had in the 2nd round. We have just ignored the offense altogether and we're paying the price for it. Fullback? Kicker? O-line? No, we were busy putting 17 guys on the front 7. So what do we have now? Campbell goes down and the season's over (not that it isn't already). We have maybe 4 guys on the offense who'd start anywhere else. The rest? Meh. We don't have the talent to play out of a hole like we generated last Sunday.

    I just want respectability. Last Sunday shows we still don't have it. We have plenty of draft picks and my fear is they'll ball up 5 of those for a QB, then once again we'll have nothing left to address gapping holes in the offense.

    Bees, pretty sure one of those first round picks will be a qb. I just hope they don't use multiple picks on one- the Cincy game showed we still have a ways to go on offense. You don't take a guard i the first round unless he's another Chance Warmack.

    & Really we already have two firsts and a second rounder on the o-line, how many do we need?

    @hoorta said:

    Bees, pretty sure one of those first round picks will be a qb. I just hope they don't use multiple picks on one- the Cincy game showed we still have a ways to go on offense. You don't take a guard i the first round unless he's another Chance Warmack.

    & Really we already have two firsts and a second rounder on the o-line, how many do we need?

    you either sign one who is proven and seems to get along with the brotherhood or you use as many draft picks as it takes.

    games are won in the trenches, the line of scrimmage. if we can push you five yards down the field without anyone touching our QB, i'll pretty much guarantee a win. same with the DLine. if you stuff them at the line and get pressure on their QB, you will win a ton of games. THAT'S JUST THE FOUNDATION. then you have to account for the offensive specialists, WRs, RBs and a A QB. that's just on offense.

    on defense (talking about the browns at this point and time) we are only a couple of young studs away from being a complete unit. more work to do on offense.

    question is do you finish the jon on defense first and then adrres your offense?

  • @hoorta said:

    Bees, pretty sure one of those first round picks will be a qb. I just hope they don't use multiple picks on one- the Cincy game showed we still have a ways to go on offense. You don't take a guard i the first round unless he's another Chance Warmack.

    & Really we already have two firsts and a second rounder on the o-line, how many do we need?

    you either sign one who is proven and seems to get along with the brotherhood or you use as many draft picks as it takes.

    games are won in the trenches, the line of scrimmage. if we can push you five yards down the field without anyone touching our QB, i'll pretty much guarantee a win. same with the DLine. if you stuff them at the line and get pressure on their QB, you will win a ton of games. THAT'S JUST THE FOUNDATION. then you have to account for the offensive specialists, WRs, RBs and a A QB. that's just on offense.

    on defense (talking about the browns at this point and time) we are only a couple of young studs away from being a complete unit. more work to do on offense.

    question is do you finish the jon on defense first and then adrres your offense?

    @miktoxic said:

    question is do you finish the jon on defense first and then adrres your offense?

    No. This FO wants playoffs next year and to hell with where we draft. The only way we're going to get playoffs is with some major overhauling of the offence.

  • I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I would be happy if that happened.

  • I'm okay with best player available. Always good to have a top notch guys at every position. I do think Manziel is a squirrelly looking little fucker and I just don't like him right off the back. I'll probably change my mind if he's our quarterback but... To be honest I wouldn't bitch that much about taking defense first even though I'm not up for trading two first-round picks for one guy. Think of the Superbowl shuffle bears.

    WSS

  • @bonedawg said:

    Don't be surprised if the Squealers go for a QB in the first round. Knowing our luck, they'll pick right before us and grab their franchise QB for the next decade and we'll get stuck with another QB bust.

    Ben is 31, they arent going to draft a qb in round 1 unless they trade ben before the draft and i would be beyond shocked if that happens. I could see a lt or a big wr but even then i can see the steelers picking after the browns despite the roller coaster so far.

    @vagitron said:

    Ben is 31, they arent going to draft a qb in round 1 unless they trade ben before the draft and i would be beyond shocked if that happens. I could see a lt or a big wr but even then i can see the steelers picking after the browns despite the roller coaster so far.

    In which round did they pick Landry Jones? Isn't he considered a possible heir apparent?

    BR playing well now....but can he last? I don't see him being like Peyton or Brady and lasting into his late 30s. At least not if he continues with the style of play that he is known for. Though I think he is capable of adapting, I don't know if his instincts will allow him to do that.

  • I'm okay with best player available. Always good to have a top notch guys at every position. I do think Manziel is a squirrelly looking little fucker and I just don't like him right off the back. I'll probably change my mind if he's our quarterback but... To be honest I wouldn't bitch that much about taking defense first even though I'm not up for trading two first-round picks for one guy. Think of the Superbowl shuffle bears.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I'm okay with best player available. Always good to have a top notch guys at every position. I do think Manziel is a squirrelly looking little fucker and I just don't like him right off the back. I'll probably change my mind if he's our quarterback but... To be honest I wouldn't bitch that much about taking defense first even though I'm not up for trading two first-round picks for one guy. Think of the Superbowl shuffle bears.

    WSS

    When did you start watching college football Steve?

  • I don't. Why do you ask?

    Haven't you seen any of the pictures posted of him here?

    WSS

  • I don't. Why do you ask?

    Haven't you seen any of the pictures posted of him here?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I don't. Why do you ask?

    Because it just seemed that you have had several comments about college players and the draft lately, which you have really never had before.

    Haven't you seen any of the pictures posted of him here?

    Yes, he definitely has a Travis Bickle quality about him.

    WSS

    TBG

  • Well Gipper, I can read. I don't know how many college games you watch. Or anybody. I guess if the requirement is that you must watch every college game including every team that starts one of the eight or so quarterbacks were discussing that would be a pretty tall order. But whether or not I faithfully follow the college career of every kid I'm smart enough to know that the top five or six quarterbacks taken each and every year never add up to 5 or 6 all stars.. I also comment on the Cleveland Browns and other teams.

    I don't know that I have watched an entire professional game that did not include the Cleveland Browns in my life. Even Super Bowls, as you well know.

    And I am certainly not as active here on the Browns board as I had been many years ago.

    It's a little bit more interesting when there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And I'll admit that may be a mirage.

    But I don't have to be Mel Kiper to tell you that Johnny Manziel is a funny looking little son of a bitch.

    WSS