Browns plane almost crashes?
-
-
Why fly from Cleveland to Cincinnati when the weather is that bad? It's like a 3.5 hour drive, not that bad.
It's great that nothing terrible happened.
-
I would have thought that travelling by luxury coach would have been preferable, even. I'm sure luxury jets are nice, but for the same money, you should be able to get so much more coach.
-
Good thing they wore the Brown pants...........
-
Browns crashed and burned at the stadium
-
I would have thought that travelling by luxury coach would have been preferable, even. I'm sure luxury jets are nice, but for the same money, you should be able to get so much more coach.
I would have thought that travelling by luxury coach would have been preferable, even. I'm sure luxury jets are nice, but for the same money, you should be able to get so much more coach.
They don't fly in a luxury jet. Just a charter.....pretty much the same jet you and I fly. All the airlines run a charter service. Just jets they use day to day but reserve for charter when needed.
As for why they flew....it's not up to them to decide if conditions call for a grounding. That's up to the pilot, FAA, tower, and maybe the ground crew if they can't de-ice the plane for whatever reason.
-
if they had crashed and died would the NFL give us a new team with players we get to select from around the league or just give us the first 52 players the new regime would pick in the draft? (just sayin).
betcha haslam wasn't on that heap of junk.
-
if they had crashed and died would the NFL give us a new team with players we get to select from around the league or just give us the first 52 players the new regime would pick in the draft? (just sayin).
betcha haslam wasn't on that heap of junk.
if they had crashed and died would the NFL give us a new team with players we get to select from around the league or just give us the first 52 players the new regime would pick in the draft? (just sayin).
betcha haslam wasn't on that heap of junk.
I am sure we would have been given a team similar to how we got our last team. Teams would have had to expose maybe 7 players from their roster for a draft of players and we would have been given extra picks in the draft. I am sure that somewhere that has already been discussed and a plan is in place.
As for Haslam, I am sure he wasn't. He lives in Knoxville. He was on his jet headed to Tennessee. Why is he going to fly to Cleveland for a game in Cincinnati? Plus....why say the plane the team was on was a piece of junk? It was a regular jet used everyday.
I have flown more than a few miles. Sooner or later you are going to hit some bad weather and some rough landings. There have been a few. What gets me through those is my belief that the pilot wants to see his kids/wife/husband again as much as I do mine.
I mean, if the pilot decides that "today is a good day to die", well, the weather conditions don't really matter, do they?
-
if they had crashed and died would the NFL give us a new team with players we get to select from around the league or just give us the first 52 players the new regime would pick in the draft? (just sayin).
betcha haslam wasn't on that heap of junk.
I am sure we would have been given a team similar to how we got our last team. Teams would have had to expose maybe 7 players from their roster for a draft of players and we would have been given extra picks in the draft. I am sure that somewhere that has already been discussed and a plan is in place.
As for Haslam, I am sure he wasn't. He lives in Knoxville. He was on his jet headed to Tennessee. Why is he going to fly to Cleveland for a game in Cincinnati? Plus....why say the plane the team was on was a piece of junk? It was a regular jet used everyday.
I have flown more than a few miles. Sooner or later you are going to hit some bad weather and some rough landings. There have been a few. What gets me through those is my belief that the pilot wants to see his kids/wife/husband again as much as I do mine.
I mean, if the pilot decides that "today is a good day to die", well, the weather conditions don't really matter, do they?
I am sure we would have been given a team similar to how we got our last team. Teams would have had to expose maybe 7 players from their roster for a draft of players and we would have been given extra picks in the draft. I am sure that somewhere that has already been discussed and a plan is in place.
As for Haslam, I am sure he wasn't. He lives in Knoxville. He was on his jet headed to Tennessee. Why is he going to fly to Cleveland for a game in Cincinnati? Plus....why say the plane the team was on was a piece of junk? It was a regular jet used everyday.
I have flown more than a few miles. Sooner or later you are going to hit some bad weather and some rough landings. There have been a few. What gets me through those is my belief that the pilot wants to see his kids/wife/husband again as much as I do mine.
I mean, if the pilot decides that "today is a good day to die", well, the weather conditions don't really matter, do they?
my post was supposed to bring 'the how dare you factor'. as a joke.
you didn't have to point out 'the facts'.

-
I am sure we would have been given a team similar to how we got our last team. Teams would have had to expose maybe 7 players from their roster for a draft of players and we would have been given extra picks in the draft. I am sure that somewhere that has already been discussed and a plan is in place.
As for Haslam, I am sure he wasn't. He lives in Knoxville. He was on his jet headed to Tennessee. Why is he going to fly to Cleveland for a game in Cincinnati? Plus....why say the plane the team was on was a piece of junk? It was a regular jet used everyday.
I have flown more than a few miles. Sooner or later you are going to hit some bad weather and some rough landings. There have been a few. What gets me through those is my belief that the pilot wants to see his kids/wife/husband again as much as I do mine.
I mean, if the pilot decides that "today is a good day to die", well, the weather conditions don't really matter, do they?
my post was supposed to bring 'the how dare you factor'. as a joke.
you didn't have to point out 'the facts'.

-
I am sure we would have been given a team similar to how we got our last team. Teams would have had to expose maybe 7 players from their roster for a draft of players and we would have been given extra picks in the draft. I am sure that somewhere that has already been discussed and a plan is in place.
As for Haslam, I am sure he wasn't. He lives in Knoxville. He was on his jet headed to Tennessee. Why is he going to fly to Cleveland for a game in Cincinnati? Plus....why say the plane the team was on was a piece of junk? It was a regular jet used everyday.
I have flown more than a few miles. Sooner or later you are going to hit some bad weather and some rough landings. There have been a few. What gets me through those is my belief that the pilot wants to see his kids/wife/husband again as much as I do mine.
I mean, if the pilot decides that "today is a good day to die", well, the weather conditions don't really matter, do they?
my post was supposed to bring 'the how dare you factor'. as a joke.
you didn't have to point out 'the facts'.

-
We were almost Marshall
-
I am sure we would have been given a team similar to how we got our last team. Teams would have had to expose maybe 7 players from their roster for a draft of players and we would have been given extra picks in the draft. I am sure that somewhere that has already been discussed and a plan is in place.
As for Haslam, I am sure he wasn't. He lives in Knoxville. He was on his jet headed to Tennessee. Why is he going to fly to Cleveland for a game in Cincinnati? Plus....why say the plane the team was on was a piece of junk? It was a regular jet used everyday.
I have flown more than a few miles. Sooner or later you are going to hit some bad weather and some rough landings. There have been a few. What gets me through those is my belief that the pilot wants to see his kids/wife/husband again as much as I do mine.
I mean, if the pilot decides that "today is a good day to die", well, the weather conditions don't really matter, do they?
my post was supposed to bring 'the how dare you factor'. as a joke.
you didn't have to point out 'the facts'.

-
We were almost Marshall
We were almost Marshall
exactly what i thought of when you posted this thread.
-
Three other tragic plane crashes of note:
10/29/60 A plane taking off from a Toledo airport crashed killing 16 players from the Cal Poly football team
10/2/70 A crash into a Colorado mountain left 29 members of the Wichita State football team dead (The Marshall crash occurred only six weeks later)
3/14/80 All sixteen members of the US amateur boxing team were killed in a Warsaw, Poland plane crash

-
Three other tragic plane crashes of note:
10/29/60 A plane taking off from a Toledo airport crashed killing 16 players from the Cal Poly football team
10/2/70 A crash into a Colorado mountain left 29 members of the Wichita State football team dead (The Marshall crash occurred only six weeks later)
3/14/80 All sixteen members of the US amateur boxing team were killed in a Warsaw, Poland plane crash

Three other tragic plane crashes of note:
10/29/60 A plane taking off from a Toledo airport crashed killing 16 players from the Cal Poly football team
10/2/70 A crash into a Colorado mountain left 29 members of the Wichita State football team dead (The Marshall crash occurred only six weeks later)
3/14/80 All sixteen members of the US amateur boxing team were killed in a Warsaw, Poland plane crash
Maybe it's not well known over there but everyone in european soccer knows the story of the munich air disaster. 20 out of 44 people on board killed.
-
I mean, if the pilot decides that "today is a good day to die", well, the weather conditions don't really matter, do they?
So? You are saying that the next time you get on a plane it is best to make sure that the pilot isn't a Klingon?
-
It seems that every major league team has some sort of disaster contingency plan for replenishing a team's roster, including the NFL:
-

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
