weedens quote
-
I forget exactly who it was that did this but as far as I'm concerned I have no problem with the player walking off the field giving the fans the finger.
And to the same crew that cheers when a player is hurt.
WSS
I forget exactly who it was that did this but as far as I'm concerned I have no problem with the player walking off the field giving the fans the finger.
And to the same crew that cheers when a player is hurt.
WSS
It literally was me who make Jake Plummer flip the fans (me) off in Denver. I ruined his career. Sorry Jake I was drunk.
-
when asked about the booing weeden said quote "you just have to laugh at it". How about we laugh at your 13-30, pick six, fumble lost performance, you piece of shit. That's all you can say. How about saying "sorry i fucked your season up". Get this guy off the team, Try marquis gray at qb next week. Try not passing 50+ times a game. obi with a nice 6.5 ypc. but i guess he cant hang on to the rock.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331124005 (weedens quote here)
when asked about the booing weeden said quote "you just have to laugh at it". How about we laugh at your 13-30, pick six, fumble lost performance, you piece of shit. That's all you can say. How about saying "sorry i fucked your season up". Get this guy off the team, Try marquis gray at qb next week. Try not passing 50+ times a game. obi with a nice 6.5 ypc. but i guess he cant hang on to the rock.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331124005 (weedens quote here)
Or we can ask ourselves why couldn't our defense even put pressure on Raplesburger more than twice, with him being sacked 4th most in the NFL. I'm not defending Weeden's play, but there is more than the fair share of blame all around. How the hell does Hadden get beat like that? Why did we stop blitzing? Etc.
-
Weeden was put in and did what he did. He didn't lose the game. Our Defense sucked. Our offense sucked. The team sucked.
-
Weeden was put in and did what he did. He didn't lose the game. Our Defense sucked. Our offense sucked. The team sucked.
Weeden was put in and did what he did. He didn't lose the game. Our Defense sucked. Our offense sucked. The team sucked.
That is all true BUT it would be nice if Weeden occasionally acted like it mattered and that he realized how badly he and the team were letting down the fans who PAY him.
-
Weeden came in and did no better or worse than campbell. Well, OK, slightly worse. But given that Campbell was having another poor, checkdown filled game, that's not a good thing.
-
Weeden came in and did no better or worse than campbell. Well, OK, slightly worse. But given that Campbell was having another poor, checkdown filled game, that's not a good thing.
Weeden came in and did no better or worse than campbell. Well, OK, slightly worse. But given that Campbell was having another poor, checkdown filled game, that's not a good thing.
Ya, but the difference is Campbell was obviously playing hurt for the last few weeks... Anytime the guy even got touched he was riving in pain... How bad does the back up have to be when the coach would let a guy that was probably less than 50% play over him...
Weeden comes in and throws the ball all over the place... The worst of many was Bess wide open and he has to dive to make a catch and lands a yard shy of a first down, chucks a pick 6. Then acts like he doesn't even care. He's a pile of worthless crap. He really has zero upside. Worst 1st round pick in NFL history.
-
Weeden came in and did no better or worse than campbell. Well, OK, slightly worse. But given that Campbell was having another poor, checkdown filled game, that's not a good thing.
Ya, but the difference is Campbell was obviously playing hurt for the last few weeks... Anytime the guy even got touched he was riving in pain... How bad does the back up have to be when the coach would let a guy that was probably less than 50% play over him...
Weeden comes in and throws the ball all over the place... The worst of many was Bess wide open and he has to dive to make a catch and lands a yard shy of a first down, chucks a pick 6. Then acts like he doesn't even care. He's a pile of worthless crap. He really has zero upside. Worst 1st round pick in NFL history.
Ya, but the difference is Campbell was obviously playing hurt for the last few weeks... Anytime the guy even got touched he was riving in pain... How bad does the back up have to be when the coach would let a guy that was probably less than 50% play over him...
Weeden comes in and throws the ball all over the place... The worst of many was Bess wide open and he has to dive to make a catch and lands a yard shy of a first down, chucks a pick 6. Then acts like he doesn't even care. He's a pile of worthless crap. He really has zero upside. Worst 1st round pick in NFL history.
Well I think he cares, but the fact of the matter is he's just an awful QB. He won't be on the squad next year but you can't blame for where he was drafted. I'll give the guy credit, at least he's not being a total a-hole about it. Also, Jamarcus Russell will always be the worst 1st round pick in NFL history. Again, at least Weeden shows up in game shape and isn't out making purple drank.
-
Formerly Sane said:
Do you honestly expect a professional athlete to be worked up because the fans of the garbage team he plays for don't like him?
No, he should not be worked up because the fans of the team he plays for don't like him. He should be worked up because of the reasons those fans don't like him.....and he should be worked up because if the team he plays for is garbage....then the majority of the burden for that team being garbage falls on his shoulders. He should be worked up because of his own poor play and performance. The fans here just didn't decide to not like him....on the contrary, the fans here were all ready to fully be on his bandwagon after a very good preseason performance. But when the bright lights went on, he has completely choked....and he should be fully cognizant of it.
For him to not care about that....for him to just act mercenary and say "WTF...just give me my paycheck". Well, that is a guy that soon will not be receiving any further paychecks..
It's not his fault that the Browns picked him, it's not his fault that Browns fans continue to believe that the crap product on the field "this year" is going to be good despite the running decades-long proof to the contrary.
No, it is not his fault that the Browns picked him. But it is his fault that he sucks so bad. And if the fans believed that "this year the Browns are going to be good" it is because we believed in his potential....and he and only he turned that faith and belief into disillusionment.
-
The first part of the quote didn't annoy me, but the full quote kind of did.
“You’ve just gotta laugh at it,” Weeden said. “All you can do is march down the field and throw a touchdown. I didn’t hear any boos after I threw that touchdown.” http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/marla-ridenour-browns-factory-of-sadness-keeps-churning-out-disappointment-1.447346
I could have been really drunk in the 4th quarter, but I don't remember scoring a TD till garbage time.
-
Formerly Sane said:
Do you honestly expect a professional athlete to be worked up because the fans of the garbage team he plays for don't like him? It's not his fault that the Browns picked him, it's not his fault that Browns fans continue to believe that the crap product on the field "this year" is going to be good despite the running decades-long proof to the contrary.
Yes I as a fan expect him to get worked up, and bring his fuckn' A game, because we as fans buying tickets are paying his fuckin' salary!
-
Formerly Sane said:
If you were hired, and payed a ton of money, to be a logical well spoken representative, despite tons of evidence that you are a self serving, gumm-flappping, wind-bag.....would it be your fault when reality came to the surface?
Actually, I AM hired.....to be both on occasion. When I am able to present a logical argument....when the facts and the law are on my side I can and do present them in a very cogent fashion......But, when the logic, the facts and the law are against me then perhaps I do have to come off with some gum-flapping windbaggery.
But, you see, in my case I do not control those facts and arguments. I deal with what I have to deal with and try to make the most of it.
In Weeden's case, HE controls the facts and arguments. He controls the ball.....and should control it such that it he does not fumble it....or throw an interception....and hit an open receiver.
He did an outstanding job of it on the one drive, but otherwise? No. Why can't he bottle what he had in that drive and drink from that elixir all the time?
-
Formerly Sane said:
What if what you are seeing"is" his A game?
Well then, my advice is to work harder, or his ass will be bagging groceries come the following season! Which means, no more multi-million dollar salary! No way in hell this guy starts on another NFL team! And God have mercy on them if he does!
-
Formerly Sane said:
What if what you are seeing"is" his A game?
I think our front office is convinced that you are right. And that is why he probably will not be here beyond this season.
What is hair pulling is, as I said above....he has shown traces of brilliance. He is like a rollercoaster....very high highs, very low lows, but the lows are much more frequent these days than the highs.
-
Formerly Sane said:
As an attorney, you work to make the most money you can for your firm....no more, no less; in a system that is a complete and total cluster f***. That can't be compared to making split-second decisions under duress.
Well, I AM my firm....so I am free to figure out however I want to make my money.
But, I think as a general rule you would be wrong. I only do litigation occasionally now....but I can tell you that handling a trial is no less of a situation of duress and subject to split second decision making than playing Quarterback would be. Its just that often in a trial the stakes are much more consequential than they are in a football game.
I mean, just go ask any trial lawyer you know.
-
Formerly Sane said:
As an attorney, you work to make the most money you can for your firm....no more, no less; in a system that is a complete and total cluster f***. That can't be compared to making split-second decisions under duress.
That may be true, and probably is, but that doesn't make him a bad human being. He can only do what he can do.
Well... I never said he was a bad human being. But he does suck as a QB, and is clearly out of his league.
-
Formerly Sane said:
As a Browns fan, you are not able to see what most people can easily see. Every mediocre QB in the NFL can show sparks of brilliance but the difference is that you see that spark and you are sold that he is great. Most of you guys simply don't have the ability to sit back and watch for a while before you base your very soul on the guys ability to bring you something you have so desperately wanted for 50 years.
I don't think that has anything to do with being a Browns fan. It has to do with being the fan of a team that just can't get a decent QB playing for them. (there are any number of other teams out there in the same boat)
In other words, we are in the same position that Steeler fans were in between having Terry Bradshaw and BR play for you.
I mean, you brought out your string of Mark Malone's, Bubby Bristers, Kordell Stewarts, Neil O'Donnells, Tommy Maddoxes, over a 20 year period.
While we had a Bernie Kosar taking the Browns to AFC title games, you had that pile of muck.
Sure, you have been lucky that you have had "the guy" for the past decade.
But once BR is gone, you never know, you may go back to the Bubby's for another 20 years.
We have had that kind of bad run here.
-
Formerly Sane said:
You get paid either way and that is the entire point of both you and the system. That's why they're both a cluster f***
I am not really arguing with that. Except to point out that you are clearly a willing fuckee.
-
Formerly Sane said:
I agree, and all I'm saying is that your anger should be at your team for taking him where they did. He is what he is and that's why there really wasn't much interest in him by anyone but the Browns.
Oh you bet your ass I'm angry at the Browns for drafting him where they did. IMO when the new owner took over, I believe it is a big reason why they didn't keep fat ass! When you draft an almost 30 year old rookie, it damn well better be a home run, because anything less is a terminable offense! As for this new regime, they had an opportunity to make a splash in free agency and grab Alex Smith and hire a credible coach like Andy Reid, and they didn't do so! Now nothing against Chud, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I need to see a little bit more out of the coach, in regards to intensity and lighting a fire under the asses of these players!
-
What didn't you see from the guy when he was playing college football that would make you wonder if he would be able to play in the pros?
He has a rocket for an arm Kicked ass in college and was a powerful and accurate passer. It just didn't translate when he got into the motion and speed of the actual NFL.
I hear people bellyaching that he throws the ball too hard. Well tough shit. If you are a professional receiver you should know the difference between the speeds that different quarterbacks throw.
Either that or you shouldn't be playing professional football.
Perhaps that is mitigated by the fact that they practice with different guys every 15 minutes and don't get used to anyone's style.
WSS
-
One of the reasons that Andrew Luck looked so good his first season is that the Colt had been sandbagging for an entire season to get him. They weren't that bad as they made us think.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login