Skip to content

Joe Haden

The Browns Board
107 30 4.4k
  • Haden is a very good corner, should be a Pro Bowl guy, but he isn't a Sanders, Bailey, Woodson (2) type guy. He is very good but there are similar type guys in the league right now.

  • Haden is a very good corner, should be a Pro Bowl guy, but he isn't a Sanders, Bailey, Woodson (2) type guy. He is very good but there are similar type guys in the league right now.

    @baconhound said:

    Haden is a very good corner, should be a Pro Bowl guy, but he isn't a Sanders, Bailey, Woodson (2) type guy. He is very good but there are similar type guys in the league right now.

    I live in Denver, and I can tell you 99% of Broncos fans would trade Haden for Bailey + a draft pick. Bailey has been terrible last two seasons. This thread is one of the dumbest threads I've seen...

    Best DB's in the NFL today.. 1)Richard Sherman 2) Reevis Island 3) Joe Haden 4) Patrick Peterson.. That's it. Those 4, Haden IS a pro bowler and better then 90% of the league..

  • This dude is nuts! I'd give my left nut for Haden to be on the Steelers. I'd even give you Troy and Ike Taylor! Antonio Brown had a decent game against Haden, but Haden won most of that match up. He did bite on 1 fake for a TD but he was expecting safety help that was no where to be seen.

    Deion Sanders played in a different time. You cant sneeze toward a WR now without getting flagged. He is a top 3 CB in the league. Count your lucky stars.

  • @baconhound said:

    Haden is a very good corner, should be a Pro Bowl guy, but he isn't a Sanders, Bailey, Woodson (2) type guy. He is very good but there are similar type guys in the league right now.

    I live in Denver, and I can tell you 99% of Broncos fans would trade Haden for Bailey + a draft pick. Bailey has been terrible last two seasons. This thread is one of the dumbest threads I've seen...

    Best DB's in the NFL today.. 1)Richard Sherman 2) Reevis Island 3) Joe Haden 4) Patrick Peterson.. That's it. Those 4, Haden IS a pro bowler and better then 90% of the league..

    @wellhungsmurf said:

    I live in Denver, and I can tell you 99% of Broncos fans would trade Haden for Bailey + a draft pick. Bailey has been terrible last two seasons. This thread is one of the dumbest threads I've seen...

    Best DB's in the NFL today.. 1)Richard Sherman 2) Reevis Island 3) Joe Haden 4) Patrick Peterson.. That's it. Those 4, Haden IS a pro bowler and better then 90% of the league..

    Bailey was old, I would take Haden over Deion today as well, I would wager we were talking in their prime.

    I'd take Sherman, Peterson, Flowers & Tillman ahead of Haden

  • Like the Steelers fan said. Cant compare Deion to ANY CB of the last 5 years. In the 1990's you can have your hands all over WR's. Today's NFL is so obsessed with offense, it's impossible to play good defense.

    I'm sure the OP was drunk and mad. No one would argue Haden isn't elite.

  • Yea, Haden fucked up at the worst possible time but I give him a pass when you look at his full body of work so far this season. The important question, I think, is how the fuck does the worst offense in the league come into Cleveland and put up 32 points? Where was the pressure on Henne? 2 sacks and five QB pressures is pitiful. Chud needs a sit down with Coach Horton for an explanation. No doubt, weeds stepped on his dick per usual but there is a lot of blame to be shared on the offensive and defensive lines. You can't overlook any team in the league. The Browns couldn't take care of business before their trip to NE next week. The Browns were not ready to play Sunday. To me "making too many mistakes" is the equivalent of not being properly prepared. The Browns should have learned how quickly a game can get away after the second quarter fiasco in CIN. They got kicked in the balls and I can understand the effort it would have taken to get back into the game, which they were unable to muster. They found themselves in a similar situation last Sunday at halftime. They battled back but just could not deliver the death blow....the sign of a young team still unsure of their ability to win. Honestly ask yourselves if you thought the Browns lead was safe after the last Jordan td with 3:55 left in the game. I was watching the game 125 miles away on my couch and started feeling the bad karma. I'd be surprised if the mood on the Browns sideline was any fuckin different.

  • In many of their schemes Haden typically gives a ton of space at the line of scrimmage. If you blitz the opposing team will get it out quick. Add that to the fact that Mingo is too small and Kruger is too slow and in a 3-4 you aren't getting to the QB.

  • He might get voted to the pro bowl. and he might deserve it. But when there was 40 seconds left against the jags, and all he had to do was keep some schmuck wr in front of him..............HE FAILED.

    @browns149 said:

    He might get voted to the pro bowl. and he might deserve it. But when there was 40 seconds left against the jags, and all he had to do was keep some schmuck wr in front of him..............HE FAILED.

    This thread should qualify for the dumb fuck of the year award. Make your mind up as well, in a prior post you said in caps "HE'S NOT PRO BOWL MATERIAL". Now in this post you say he may go the the pro bowl and he might deserve it? Which is it??

    Why don't you enlighten us as to who 6 better DB's in the league are.

    Every athlete including those who are elite has failed at one time or another in a clutch situation. They are still human. Again point out any elite athlete you are aware of that has NEVER failed in a clutch situation.

  • @hoorta said:

    Still in denial.... take away Weeden's 13 gift points and what the score? Now go away. Simple.

    even with weeden's 13 point gifts, we were WINNING until Haden blew that play. And then we lost. You obviously live in the what if life.

    What if Colt was a good QB, or we would've draft LaDainian............ would've Holmgen wasn't a fat cash hungry idiot

    @browns149 said:

    even with weeden's 13 point gifts, we were WINNING until Haden blew that play. And then we lost. You obviously live in the what if life.

    What if Colt was a good QB, or we would've draft LaDainian............ would've Holmgen wasn't a fat cash hungry idiot

    It's a TEAM sport and a TEAM loss. You can't pin the loss on Haden's blown coverage anymore than Weeden's failures or those of others on the team that allowed scoring drives to continue and succeed.

  • I have been saying this for 4 years.

    Joe Haden is NOT a top flite CB

    Top Flite CB's are 1 yard in front of the best WR. He NEVER plays that close, He might line up and play the other teams best WR, but he gets beat all day long by them. He never jams ANYONE and just thinks he can make up the space.

    This is the NFL...........JOE, not the SEC, unless you are Dion Sanders or Darrell Green, you have to be in the guys face at the snap.

    Haden can pick off passes when the QB pulls a Weeden, but when a WR is allowed to run off the line, Haden is an average DB.

    If they want him to play the other teams best WR, then put him 1 yard infront of said WR and let the defense worry about the rest

    Haden has been burned on TOO MANY plays

    @browns149 said:

    I have been saying this for 4 years.

    Joe Haden is NOT a top flite CB

    Top Flite CB's are 1 yard in front of the best WR. He NEVER plays that close, He might line up and play the other teams best WR, but he gets beat all day long by them. He never jams ANYONE and just thinks he can make up the space.

    This is the NFL...........JOE, not the SEC, unless you are Dion Sanders or Darrell Green, you have to be in the guys face at the snap.

    Haden can pick off passes when the QB pulls a Weeden, but when a WR is allowed to run off the line, Haden is an average DB.

    If they want him to play the other teams best WR, then put him 1 yard infront of said WR and let the defense worry about the rest

    Haden has been burned on TOO MANY plays

    You are nuts. Joe would start for 32 teams in this league.

    Chew on that.

  • Get up Joe, we need ya!

  • Why wont videos post anymore??? This is gay.

  • Why wont videos post anymore??? This is gay.

    @poeticg said:

    Why wont videos post anymore??? This is gay.

    why are you underlining the link?

    just copy the link and paste it into your response.

  • This thread pisses me off. The guy is phenomenal. Yea he screwed up yesterday. He knows it. We know it. Everyone knows it. Let's just forget how great he's been against some of the league's best because he had a touchdown scored on him yesterday that paved the way for our loss. Even the best screw up sometimes. Peyton Manning has 9 INTs this year and I highly doubt there are threads criticizing him and his game because he's screwed up 9 times. Quit hating on one of our best players when the problem isn't just him.

    The best part about yesterday was the fact that Haden took it so personally. That's a leader. That's passion. That's someone that you want as the face of your organization. His tears and emotions yesterday are exactly like all of ours as fans. We're tired of losing and know we deserve better. Haden deserves better. I don't know how far this team is away from competing, but I know we're closer to it WITH Haden than we are without him.

  • @poeticg said:

    Why wont videos post anymore??? This is gay.

    why are you underlining the link?

    just copy the link and paste it into your response.

    @miktoxic said:

    why are you underlining the link?

    just copy the link and paste it into your response.

    I don't know, I'm not underlining it, just looks like that normally... I don't know, I clicked in the html, once highlighted I right click, copy, come here, paste, then I get underlined text no video.... hmmm...

  • ...wtf?

  • just did the same thing.

    gotta be a windows prob.

    get a mac and save your hair.

    don't you have a command key shortcut to copy and paste? i.e. mac is: command c (to copy) and command v (to paste. try it that way, maybe that will solve the prob.

    OR once you do paste it in and you see that it's underlined, highlight the link and hit the underline icon in reply window and maybe it will undo the underline.

  • This thread pisses me off. The guy is phenomenal. Yea he screwed up yesterday. He knows it. We know it. Everyone knows it. Let's just forget how great he's been against some of the league's best because he had a touchdown scored on him yesterday that paved the way for our loss. Even the best screw up sometimes. Peyton Manning has 9 INTs this year and I highly doubt there are threads criticizing him and his game because he's screwed up 9 times. Quit hating on one of our best players when the problem isn't just him.

    The best part about yesterday was the fact that Haden took it so personally. That's a leader. That's passion. That's someone that you want as the face of your organization. His tears and emotions yesterday are exactly like all of ours as fans. We're tired of losing and know we deserve better. Haden deserves better. I don't know how far this team is away from competing, but I know we're closer to it WITH Haden than we are without him.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    This thread pisses me off. The guy is phenomenal. Yea he screwed up yesterday. He knows it. We know it. Everyone knows it. Let's just forget how great he's been against some of the league's best because he had a touchdown scored on him yesterday that paved the way for our loss. Even the best screw up sometimes. Peyton Manning has 9 INTs this year and I highly doubt there are threads criticizing him and his game because he's screwed up 9 times. Quit hating on one of our best players when the problem isn't just him.

    The best part about yesterday was the fact that Haden took it so personally. That's a leader. That's passion. That's someone that you want as the face of your organization. His tears and emotions yesterday are exactly like all of ours as fans. We're tired of losing and know we deserve better. Haden deserves better. I don't know how far this team is away from competing, but I know we're closer to it WITH Haden than we are without him.

    Perfectly said! Give me 22 players with Haden's ability, passion & PRIDE & I would have a slam dunk Super Bowl winner.

    Joe Haden & Joe Thomas...maybe we should draft ALL Joes!!!

    Mike

  • @browns149 said:

    even with weeden's 13 point gifts, we were WINNING until Haden blew that play. And then we lost. You obviously live in the what if life.

    What if Colt was a good QB, or we would've draft LaDainian............ would've Holmgen wasn't a fat cash hungry idiot

    It's a TEAM sport and a TEAM loss. You can't pin the loss on Haden's blown coverage anymore than Weeden's failures or those of others on the team that allowed scoring drives to continue and succeed.

    @jcam222 said:

    It's a TEAM sport and a TEAM loss. You can't pin the loss on Haden's blown coverage anymore than Weeden's failures or those of others on the team that allowed scoring drives to continue and succeed.

    Exactly what I'm trying to say- plenty of the other guys on defense had opportunities on that final drive to make stops, there were several third down conversions that can't be laid at Joe's feet. But it's ALL on Joe he gave up that TD?

    I'll trust TCPO's opinion on that TD the Browns were in cover 2, and Gipson got caught with his pants down not recognizing Haden needed deep help.

    Hehe- our pal said in another thread Baily is an elite corner- I agree 100% with our Bronco poster- make that WAS. Champ has been in the league since 1999, and it's safe to say he's lost a step or two due to age and injury.

  • After watching Joe Haden's interview yesterday, I have the world of respect for him,

    hugely more than I even did before, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

    He just said that on 3 and 9, he went to break on the ball, and should never have

    done it. Shook his head sadly, and admitted his big mistake.

    Peyton Manning throws an interception. Does that make him a piece

    of crap qb?

    Come ON, man. Haden is a human being, too. And very close to being the very best

    cb in the entire NFL. But Shorts III? Track star? High hurdler? and anybody wants

    to get po'd that Joe made a split second mistake, and Shorts gets the big step on him?

    Seriously? When the defense is going for broke, trying to still win the game, with

    Weeden giving up three really dumb ass turnovers for points?

    I really wish our Browns had several Joe Hadens.