Skip to content

We should be rooting for Atlanta to have the worst record. Jax, Hou, and Min to lose. w

The Browns Board
67 25 2.5k
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #3

    No one knows how any of these dudes will do in the NFL.

  • R ranger99 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    We have blown it 40 times in the last few years on idiotic qb selections....Please don't waste a pick trading up and please don't make a mistake Bridgewater or especially Johnny Football...he will not make it in the pros...Need to get a guy like Hundley who can scramble but is a pocket type qb...the Michael Vick, RGIII type guys cant last in this league...........

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I have zero interest on Bridgewater. Zero. I'd rather have game manager A.J. McCarron. Bridgewater is part of a fad which will soon be over.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    We shouldn't trade any of our picks to move up. It's burnt us bad in the past, and other teams as well. We have 10 picks, 5 in the first 3 rounds. We've been stuck at 4-12 or 5-11 for 6 straight years....time to draft all 10 picks and hope we get 7 or more contributors to get us out of this era of suckiness.

  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Hundley has all but fell out of the first round.

    You don't 'get out of "suckiness" by drafting 10 players, we have one of the youngest teams in the league already.

    It doesn't matter, we have 10 picks so we can go up and get the guy we want.

    The guy we want is Teddy, or at least we should.

  • Hundley has all but fell out of the first round.

    You don't 'get out of "suckiness" by drafting 10 players, we have one of the youngest teams in the league already.

    It doesn't matter, we have 10 picks so we can go up and get the guy we want.

    The guy we want is Teddy, or at least we should.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dab7291993 said:

    Hundley has all but fell out of the first round.

    You don't 'get out of "suckiness" by drafting 10 players, we have one of the youngest teams in the league already.

    It doesn't matter, we have 10 picks so we can go up and get the guy we want.

    The guy we want is Teddy, or at least we should.

    Point-counter point.

    The draft is an inexact science, that's why I am hoping for at least a 70% "hit rate" this year. Our history suggests we suck in the draft, so the more players on our draft board the FO gets, the better IMHO.

    I don't think we're too far off contention, the AFC is mediocre after Denver/New England. There may be hope if we fill our holes in the draft.

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I've been watching way too much college football this year trying to spot the next Brown's QB. I'm beginning to think the guys on here who have been saying not to move up and take one of the big names might be right. College football is not the same game. Big numbers in college football don't translate into big numbers in the NFL. Do your homework, shore up the lines on both sides of the ball, get a QB, but he doesn't have to start right away. It's a boring, same old same old, but the team has to have a foundation to build from.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Hundley to Cleveland continues to make more and more sense.

  • I have zero interest on Bridgewater. Zero. I'd rather have game manager A.J. McCarron. Bridgewater is part of a fad which will soon be over.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I have zero interest on Bridgewater. Zero. I'd rather have game manager A.J. McCarron. Bridgewater is part of a fad which will soon be over.

    Is it just me or has Kid gotten really, really smart?

    In addition to questions about translating his game to the NFL (see below), I still think he lacks the physicality to survive in the league.

    @cuwoohio said:

    I've been watching way too much college football this year trying to spot the next Brown's QB. I'm beginning to think the guys on here who have been saying not to move up and take one of the big names might be right. College football is not the same game. Big numbers in college football don't translate into big numbers in the NFL. Do your homework, shore up the lines on both sides of the ball, get a QB, but he doesn't have to start right away. It's a boring, same old same old, but the team has to have a foundation to build from.

    "It" in a nutshell...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Hundley to Cleveland continues to make more and more sense.

    Maybe, but certainly does not require a trade up to find out if he does.

    I'm still not there yet on him, but I was watching little of him last nite and had a Warren Moon flashback moment.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I have zero interest on Bridgewater. Zero. I'd rather have game manager A.J. McCarron. Bridgewater is part of a fad which will soon be over.

    Is it just me or has Kid gotten really, really smart?

    In addition to questions about translating his game to the NFL (see below), I still think he lacks the physicality to survive in the league.

    @cuwoohio said:

    I've been watching way too much college football this year trying to spot the next Brown's QB. I'm beginning to think the guys on here who have been saying not to move up and take one of the big names might be right. College football is not the same game. Big numbers in college football don't translate into big numbers in the NFL. Do your homework, shore up the lines on both sides of the ball, get a QB, but he doesn't have to start right away. It's a boring, same old same old, but the team has to have a foundation to build from.

    "It" in a nutshell...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Hundley to Cleveland continues to make more and more sense.

    Maybe, but certainly does not require a trade up to find out if he does.

    I'm still not there yet on him, but I was watching little of him last nite and had a Warren Moon flashback moment.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tour2ma said:

    Is it just me or has Kid gotten really, really smart?

    In addition to questions about translating his game to the NFL (see below), I still think he lacks the physicality to survive in the league.

    "It" in a nutshell...

    Maybe, but certainly does not require a trade up to find out if he does.

    I'm still not there yet on him, but I was watching little of him last nite and had a Warren Moon flashback moment.

    That's what I'm saying. He fits all of the physical criteria. His biggest knocks are that he's unprepared and needs high level coaching, things we can give him while Hoyer completes his tryout. And his stock is sliding...which means we can get him at our regularly scheduled pick.

    I've never been an advocate for trading up. As a matter of fact, I've been vehemently against it.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #13

    It's hard enough, as is painfully obvious to many fan bases, for NFL coaching staff's to figure out if these guys have real football brains. So it's pretty much impossible for us. I'm not saying we can't take a qb until the next Andrew Luck is there, but we need to draft a guy who can move but isn't part of this read option faggotry that's gonna do nothing but get a generation of qb's out of the league quicker. I like a qb that can make a play with his feet now and then but all his instincts reside in the pocket. A guy like Roethlisberger tbh. I love watching Manziel on saturdays but I just think he's gonna be taking off downfield the first chance he gets when he gets to the NFL. I see the dude being trucked hard for his efforts. He may be smaller than Vick even.

  • I have zero interest on Bridgewater. Zero. I'd rather have game manager A.J. McCarron. Bridgewater is part of a fad which will soon be over.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I have zero interest on Bridgewater. Zero. I'd rather have game manager A.J. McCarron. Bridgewater is part of a fad which will soon be over.

    Not sure what "fad" you're putting Bridgewater into. He's not a run-first or a read option type of QB. He is a true pocket-passer who runs a pro-style offense. He has been one of the most effecient passers in NCAA for the past 2 years... seriously, do some research before you put a guy into a group, when he doesn't fit...

    If Bridgewater is beginning to fall onto our radar, I'd like to try and get him... but, we'll see still some scouting to be done.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Black QB = run first QB

    clearly...

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Uh "his stock is slipping so we can get him in a later round."

    Anybody see a red flag in this sentence?

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I don't pretend to be a college draft guru but I've always heard Bridgewater connected to the read option. The read option is a fad that will not last. Woody you're a douchebag. Jason Campbell is black please note where I disparaged him in any way, ever, as a read option quarterback or shut your face.

  • I don't pretend to be a college draft guru but I've always heard Bridgewater connected to the read option. The read option is a fad that will not last. Woody you're a douchebag. Jason Campbell is black please note where I disparaged him in any way, ever, as a read option quarterback or shut your face.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't pretend to be a college draft guru but I've always heard Bridgewater connected to the read option. The read option is a fad that will not last. Woody you're a douchebag. Jason Campbell is black please note where I disparaged him in any way, ever, as a read option quarterback or shut your face.

    He does not run the read-option. He runs a pro-attack style of offense, predicated on play action. Not the same as the offense Luck ran in Stanford, but he is none-the-less more of a pocket passer than the many read-option QBs in NCAA...

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #19

    So I'm wrong then. Wouldnt be the first time, but I'm not imagining that he's been connected as a read option quarterback. Doesn't matter anyway if he goes #1 we won't get him. Even so I still like McCarron and I think he's getting no love in a draft where all the quarterbacks have question marks. For the record I have no interest in manziel either, and I think anyone ought to give Kenny guiton a late round look. I don't see "running" quarterbacks as the way to go in the NFL. It's a fad.

  • I don't pretend to be a college draft guru but I've always heard Bridgewater connected to the read option. The read option is a fad that will not last. Woody you're a douchebag. Jason Campbell is black please note where I disparaged him in any way, ever, as a read option quarterback or shut your face.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't pretend to be a college draft guru but I've always heard Bridgewater connected to the read option. The read option is a fad that will not last. Woody you're a douchebag. Jason Campbell is black please note where I disparaged him in any way, ever, as a read option quarterback or shut your face.

    Peckerhead's boyfriend is black. He is very sensitive.

  • bridgewater will be a bust in the NFL. Mariota will be a stud as will Johnny.

    W Wellhungsmurf wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @soju said:

    bridgewater will be a bust in the NFL. Mariota will be a stud as will Johnny.

    LOL you heard it here first. Johnny Manziel will be a HUGE bust. HUGE, like, worse then Tebow. Tebow won a playoff game, johnny wont ever.

    Bridgewater will be decent, but i'm not sold on any QB. However AJ will be better then most think

  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by dab7291993
    #22

    Did someone just compare Teddy fucking Bridgewater to RG3?

    Look at Teddy's rushing numbers then get back to me, jesus christ. Teddy is nothing but a pocket passer, he's one of the only QB's in all of college football that has complete control of his offense. He's extremely football smart, and has all the tools to succeed...in the pocket.

    He's got 25 TD's to 3 INT, a 71% completion rating and he's the best pure passer in the draft. He is basically equal as a prospect to Aaron Rodgers as a prospect in 05.