Skip to content

Could the NFL be fixed?

The Browns Board
47 26 2.9k
  • Nice link...

    When I clicked on it my firewall blocked a web attack and immediately shit-canned the web page.

  • I firmly believe the NFL has certain teams it favors over others. Which made the Ravens run last year all that much better, knowing how much the NFL still hates us.

    @ravensfan1996 said:

    I firmly believe the NFL has certain teams it favors over others. Which made the Ravens run last year all that much better, knowing how much the NFL still hates us.

    Well, watch the Browns-Pats on Dtv shortcuts and tell me there weren't several questionable calls that went against the Browns. The intentional grounding when Campbell was clearly outside the tackle box with an eligible receiver in the area. Brady got away with a couple inside the tackle box throw aways with no one in the area, unless you want to consider the center an eligible receiver. And the gift PI that gave the Pats the game- if that's the SB, clearly a no-call.

  • @ravensfan1996 said:

    I firmly believe the NFL has certain teams it favors over others. Which made the Ravens run last year all that much better, knowing how much the NFL still hates us.

    Well, watch the Browns-Pats on Dtv shortcuts and tell me there weren't several questionable calls that went against the Browns. The intentional grounding when Campbell was clearly outside the tackle box with an eligible receiver in the area. Brady got away with a couple inside the tackle box throw aways with no one in the area, unless you want to consider the center an eligible receiver. And the gift PI that gave the Pats the game- if that's the SB, clearly a no-call.

    @hoorta said:

    Well, watch the Browns-Pats on Dtv shortcuts and tell me there weren't several questionable calls that went against the Browns. The intentional grounding when Campbell was clearly outside the tackle box with an eligible receiver in the area. Brady got away with a couple inside the tackle box throw aways with no one in the area, unless you want to consider the center an eligible receiver. And the gift PI that gave the Pats the game- if that's the SB, clearly a no-call.

    You're right. The sure didn't call Jimmy Smith in the SB.

  • Well, watch the Browns-Pats on Dtv shortcuts and tell me there weren't several questionable calls that went against the Browns. The intentional grounding when Campbell was clearly outside the tackle box with an eligible receiver in the area. Brady got away with a couple inside the tackle box throw aways with no one in the area, unless you want to consider the center an eligible receiver. And the gift PI that gave the Pats the game- if that's the SB, clearly a no-call. Mr. Hoorta

    ******************************

    I swear, I wish thousands of Browns fans would

    contact the NFL hq, and ask them "what the hell was that? You think it was incompetence... or......."

    ah well. A better draft pick position. Anyways, a lot of very NFL oriented folks in

    broadcasting, and coaching, are going to question the integrity of the game, after

    these several very biased calls and no-calls by these "referees".

  • i know it was REALLY a meaningless game but to fist fuck the pats on national tv......??????? priceless.

    fuck that draft position bullshit.

    can a motherfucker have ONE GOOD GOD DAMNED redeeming weekend every 16 game season? somethin to make you proud, stick out your chest and can say for the rest of the season while other teams are in the playoffs getting beat by the pats..."hey, all i know is the browns kicked their ass.HA!"

    one game a year sir, that's all i'm asking for and it was served up on a platter like a nice sliced london broil.

    fuckin douchebag refs.

  • Those refs must be the same ones they have in pro wrestling

  • This would be the same team that got screwed by a no call against Carolina a few weeks ago?

  • Every NFL game is not fixed or pre determined. However, the game yesterdaqy clearly was. It's easy to figure out why....it's all about money. If the teams would have played at their normal abilities, there would have been no reason for the refs to intercede. The Browns played very competitive...in fact, Jason Campbell in particular, played amazing. He definitely out played Brady. This has been going on for years. The NFL is big business with millions at stake. Is it a coincidence that we as Browns fans, always end up as the whining victims of the referees? No...Everyone involved is comfortable with that scenario...they expect it. We've had some putrid teams over the years, so it's easy to be used as the cover for games with high profile teams...New England, Baltimore, Pittsburg, etc. Here's the positive, if there is one. After yesterday, there are simply too many national known figures who are acknowledging the obvious. There is never going to be admission or exposure, but if the Browns field a competitive team...such as this one...I think the principles involved will either steer away from the Cleveland games or over compensate, so as not to be so obvious in their methods. Keep in mind, that the bookmakers cleaned up on the game yesterday, as usual. All the money was on New England, and of course they didn't cover the spread. So..the outcome kept everybody happy....the bookies...the NFL...the TV networks...everybody except the Cleveland fans. But who cares?...we're use to it.

  • Even the former head of officiating said it was a bad call

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."
  • Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls

  • At least it would be an economical game to fix if that were your goal. Think about it no need to spend enough money to bribe a multi-millionaire player just enough to bribe a middle-class official....

    WSS

  • 1477430_501763236589560_1782430764_n.jpg

  • Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls

    @browns149 said:

    Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls

    i believe it was 3 actually...

    the onside kick that didn't go ten yards was the clincher for me.

  • Yes, we were going to lose that game no matter what they had to do.

  • Without question I believe it is sports entertainment; with the emphasis on entertainment.

  • Well, the question is out there. It just needs to be asked.

    It didn't just happen to our Browns... it also happened to

    the vikings..playing.. of course, another favorite team,

    the ratbirds.

    Read on:

    ********************************

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-running-back-adrian-peterson-blasts-ravens-fans-232328043--nfl.html

    -----

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-week-14-winners-losers-patriots-gifted-win-034218399--nfl.html#more-id

    " Don't believe me? Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    It was the wrong call, and it has a huge impact on the playoff picture. The Bengals would have taken over the No. 2 seed for the time being with a Patriots loss. The Broncos would have widened their lead for the AFC's top seed to two games with three to go. The Dolphins would have had an outside shot to catch the Patriots in the AFC East.

    But no, the officials decided the Patriots deserved a break. So there was a phantom call to gift wrap a touchdown and a win. Merry Christmas, New England."

  • BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

  • BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above

    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...

    Zombo

  • @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above

    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...

    Zombo

    I also have chrome, it works fine for me

  • BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above

    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    I am having the same problem but not on Chrome. It started about 5 days ago