Skip to content

Could the NFL be fixed?

The Browns Board
47 26 2.9k
  • Those refs must be the same ones they have in pro wrestling

  • This would be the same team that got screwed by a no call against Carolina a few weeks ago?

  • Every NFL game is not fixed or pre determined. However, the game yesterdaqy clearly was. It's easy to figure out why....it's all about money. If the teams would have played at their normal abilities, there would have been no reason for the refs to intercede. The Browns played very competitive...in fact, Jason Campbell in particular, played amazing. He definitely out played Brady. This has been going on for years. The NFL is big business with millions at stake. Is it a coincidence that we as Browns fans, always end up as the whining victims of the referees? No...Everyone involved is comfortable with that scenario...they expect it. We've had some putrid teams over the years, so it's easy to be used as the cover for games with high profile teams...New England, Baltimore, Pittsburg, etc. Here's the positive, if there is one. After yesterday, there are simply too many national known figures who are acknowledging the obvious. There is never going to be admission or exposure, but if the Browns field a competitive team...such as this one...I think the principles involved will either steer away from the Cleveland games or over compensate, so as not to be so obvious in their methods. Keep in mind, that the bookmakers cleaned up on the game yesterday, as usual. All the money was on New England, and of course they didn't cover the spread. So..the outcome kept everybody happy....the bookies...the NFL...the TV networks...everybody except the Cleveland fans. But who cares?...we're use to it.

  • Even the former head of officiating said it was a bad call

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."
  • Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls

  • At least it would be an economical game to fix if that were your goal. Think about it no need to spend enough money to bribe a multi-millionaire player just enough to bribe a middle-class official....

    WSS

  • 1477430_501763236589560_1782430764_n.jpg

  • Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls

    @browns149 said:

    Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls

    i believe it was 3 actually...

    the onside kick that didn't go ten yards was the clincher for me.

  • Yes, we were going to lose that game no matter what they had to do.

  • Without question I believe it is sports entertainment; with the emphasis on entertainment.

  • Well, the question is out there. It just needs to be asked.

    It didn't just happen to our Browns... it also happened to

    the vikings..playing.. of course, another favorite team,

    the ratbirds.

    Read on:

    ********************************

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-running-back-adrian-peterson-blasts-ravens-fans-232328043--nfl.html

    -----

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-week-14-winners-losers-patriots-gifted-win-034218399--nfl.html#more-id

    " Don't believe me? Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    It was the wrong call, and it has a huge impact on the playoff picture. The Bengals would have taken over the No. 2 seed for the time being with a Patriots loss. The Broncos would have widened their lead for the AFC's top seed to two games with three to go. The Dolphins would have had an outside shot to catch the Patriots in the AFC East.

    But no, the officials decided the Patriots deserved a break. So there was a phantom call to gift wrap a touchdown and a win. Merry Christmas, New England."

  • BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

  • BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above

    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...

    Zombo

  • @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above

    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...

    Zombo

    I also have chrome, it works fine for me

  • BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above

    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    I am having the same problem but not on Chrome. It started about 5 days ago

  • Sorry, I should have added it to the other. Then it was too late...

    But the same corruption? happened to favor Baltimore. Again.

    Winning teams make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

    So, the NFL condones this "incompetence" ??? Or not?

    But this quote needs to be quoted all over the place:

    I really wish I could edit a post. I could one day, then I haven't been able to.
    Maybe I need to re-download Chrome....

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

  • @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above

    are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....

    I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...

    This needs to be BOLDED:

    Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

    "McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

    I am having the same problem but not on Chrome. It started about 5 days ago

    @richiswhere said:

    I am having the same problem but not on Chrome. It started about 5 days ago

    Weird. I'll tell Skippy. I'm sure he'll get right on it,

    Zombo

  • Okay, I have full editing with win internet explorer ! Something is wrong with chrome.

    "Dear Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating,

    Can you come back? Did the NFL "retire" you because you are an HONEST guy?

    Can you comment on the "fumble" called against the Vikings, that most certainly was not?

    Thanks,

    Lifetime Browns fan forver. Calfoxwc

  • This could potentially be VERY good for the Browns...

    Looking back, I'm starting to see trends that are either huge coincedences, or certain teams are swayed by the NFL to win games. They obviously want teams in the super bowl and deep playoff matchups that will give them the best ratings.

    Year after hurricane Katrina? The lowly saints make a magical run and win the super bowl

    After 9/11? "Patriots" go from 5-11 the previous year, to super bowl champs

    Who's the dominating team during the prime of the war on terror? the "Patriots"

    Two brothers coaching against each other in the super bowl? The average ravens making a magical run?

    Well how about a 3rd stringer who grew up in Cleveland, had season tickets to the browns games, was at their last game and saw the fans rip up the chairs afterwards, grow up to lead his favorite team to a Super Bowl. The ratings would be through the roof... Everyone would tune in the watch the underdog Browns and their local qb make his childhood dream come true and lead the browns to a championship. The NFL is salivating over that scenario

  • The Pats definitely had help yesterday. The "lowly" Browns were threatening a potentional AFC championship matchup between the Pats and Broncos and there was no way the NFL was going to let that happen. Too many advertising dollars at stake. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.