Could the NFL be fixed?
-
Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls
-
At least it would be an economical game to fix if that were your goal. Think about it no need to spend enough money to bribe a multi-millionaire player just enough to bribe a middle-class official....
WSS
-

-
Not to mention the 2 challenges the Browns had to win to reverse 2 more blown calls
i believe it was 3 actually...
the onside kick that didn't go ten yards was the clincher for me.
-
Yes, we were going to lose that game no matter what they had to do.
-
Without question I believe it is sports entertainment; with the emphasis on entertainment.
-
Well, the question is out there. It just needs to be asked.
It didn't just happen to our Browns... it also happened to
the vikings..playing.. of course, another favorite team,
the ratbirds.
Read on:
********************************
-----
" Don't believe me? Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."
It was the wrong call, and it has a huge impact on the playoff picture. The Bengals would have taken over the No. 2 seed for the time being with a Patriots loss. The Broncos would have widened their lead for the AFC's top seed to two games with three to go. The Dolphins would have had an outside shot to catch the Patriots in the AFC East.
But no, the officials decided the Patriots deserved a break. So there was a phantom call to gift wrap a touchdown and a win. Merry Christmas, New England."
-
BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....
I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...
This needs to be BOLDED:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called." -
BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....
I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...
This needs to be BOLDED:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....
I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...
This needs to be BOLDED:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."
I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...
Zombo
-
BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....
I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...
This needs to be BOLDED:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."
I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...
Zombo
Zombo said:
I'm on chrome and it is working,not sure why you would get that. I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have going ...
Zombo
I also have chrome, it works fine for me
-
BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....
I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...
This needs to be BOLDED:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....
I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...
This needs to be BOLDED:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."
I am having the same problem but not on Chrome. It started about 5 days ago
-
Sorry, I should have added it to the other. Then it was too late...
But the same corruption? happened to favor Baltimore. Again.
Winning teams make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
So, the NFL condones this "incompetence" ??? Or not?
But this quote needs to be quoted all over the place:
I really wish I could edit a post. I could one day, then I haven't been able to.
Maybe I need to re-download Chrome....
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called." -
BTW, mods, when I post a post, the entire editing functions above
are "grayed out". Not functional. Is it just me? I'm using Google Chrome....
I'll have to go check on Int Suckplorer...
This needs to be BOLDED:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.
"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."
I am having the same problem but not on Chrome. It started about 5 days ago
I am having the same problem but not on Chrome. It started about 5 days ago
Weird. I'll tell Skippy. I'm sure he'll get right on it,
Zombo
-
Okay, I have full editing with win internet explorer ! Something is wrong with chrome.
"Dear Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating,
Can you come back? Did the NFL "retire" you because you are an HONEST guy?
Can you comment on the "fumble" called against the Vikings, that most certainly was not?
Thanks,
Lifetime Browns fan forver. Calfoxwc
-
This could potentially be VERY good for the Browns...
Looking back, I'm starting to see trends that are either huge coincedences, or certain teams are swayed by the NFL to win games. They obviously want teams in the super bowl and deep playoff matchups that will give them the best ratings.
Year after hurricane Katrina? The lowly saints make a magical run and win the super bowl
After 9/11? "Patriots" go from 5-11 the previous year, to super bowl champs
Who's the dominating team during the prime of the war on terror? the "Patriots"
Two brothers coaching against each other in the super bowl? The average ravens making a magical run?
Well how about a 3rd stringer who grew up in Cleveland, had season tickets to the browns games, was at their last game and saw the fans rip up the chairs afterwards, grow up to lead his favorite team to a Super Bowl. The ratings would be through the roof... Everyone would tune in the watch the underdog Browns and their local qb make his childhood dream come true and lead the browns to a championship. The NFL is salivating over that scenario
-
The Pats definitely had help yesterday. The "lowly" Browns were threatening a potentional AFC championship matchup between the Pats and Broncos and there was no way the NFL was going to let that happen. Too many advertising dollars at stake. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
-
Could it be? Yes. Is it? Yes.
-
The Pats definitely had help yesterday. The "lowly" Browns were threatening a potentional AFC championship matchup between the Pats and Broncos and there was no way the NFL was going to let that happen. Too many advertising dollars at stake. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
The Pats definitely had help yesterday. The "lowly" Browns were threatening a potentional AFC championship matchup between the Pats and Broncos and there was no way the NFL was going to let that happen. Too many advertising dollars at stake. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Exactly; this is entertainment and the folks that are in charge prefer NE and their market (as well as the broader national audience) to win in this situation. Keep the masses entertained with the majority happy, a minority upset but ALL still wrapped in full attention to their product. Never leave it in the hand of the judges, they have an agenda and it may very well not be in concert with your's
-
Could it be? Yes. Is it? Yes.
Could it be? Yes. Is it? Yes.
Best post on this topic
-
I definitely have my suspicions. And given that the Browns find every way possible to lose, it only reinforces those suspicions. Think about the pattern... slow start... then they win a few games to get us thinking, just maybe... then go into shit the bed mode at the end of November and beginning of December. Face it, with this town's reputation, Cleveland's misery sells better than any happy ending story ever would.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login