Skip to content

underclassmen

The Browns Board
28 5 2.1k
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

    Donald Washington, DB from buckeys....don't really have a value or round on him but not a bad choice in later rounds.

    Also later in the Draft wouldn't mind Alabama RB....Glen Coffee...Coffee's 117-yard average in league games was tops among SEC backs. Not a bad conference to lead all RB's in

  • Complete Draft Order: of Note Phily has #21 and #28....could they want Crabtree?

    1 Detroit Lions 0 16 .000 .559 143-113

    2 St. Louis Rams 2 14 .125 .533 136-119-1

    3 Kansas City Chiefs 2 14 .125 .537 137-118-1

    4 Seattle Seahawks 4 12 .250 .498 127-128-1

    5 Cleveland Browns 4 12 .250 .572 145-108-3

    6 Cincinnati Bengals 4 11 (1 tie) .281 .553 141-114-1

    7 Oakland Raiders 5 11 .313 .520 133-123

    8 Jacksonville Jaguars 5 11 .313 .537 137-118-1

    9 Green Bay Packers 6 10 .375 .504 129-127

    10 San Francisco 49ers 7 9 .438 .447 114-141-1

    11 Buffalo Bills 7 9 .438 .453 116-140

    12 Denver Broncos 8 8 .500 .457 117-139

    13 Washington Redskins 8 8 .500 .479 121-132-3

    14 New Orleans Saints 8 8 .500 .496 127-129

    15 Houston Texans 8 8 .500 .518 132-123-1

    16 San Diego Chargers 8 8 .500 .516 132-124

    17 New York Jets 9 7 .563 .471 120-135-1

    18 Chicago Bears 9 7 .563 .475 121-134-1

    19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9 7 .563 .480 123-133

    20 Detroit Lions (from Dallas) 9 7 .563 .498 126-127-3

    21 Philadelphia Eagles 9 6 (1 tie) .594 .514 131-124-1

    22 Minnesota Vikings 10 6 .625 .504 129-127

    23 New England Patriots 11 5 .688 .480 123-133

    24 Atlanta Falcons 11 5 .688 .459 117-138-1

    25 Miami Dolphins 11 5 .688 .461 118-138

    26 Baltimore Ravens 11 5 .688 .521 132-121-3

    27 Indianapolis Colts 12 4 .750 .498 127-128-1

    28 Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina) 12 4 .750 .488 125-131

    29 New York Giants 12 4 .750 .502 127-126-3

    30 Tennessee Titans 13 3 .813 .459 117-138-1

    31 * Arizona Cardinals 9 7 .563 .486 124-131-1

    32 * Pittsburgh Steelers 12 4 .750 .525 133-120-3

    * Subject to Super Bowl

  • Arm strength anyone??? Will go very high in the draft........... 😎

    I personally think is the best QB in this draft

  • Arm strength anyone??? Will go very high in the draft........... 😎

    I personally think is the best QB in this draft

    @solon16 said:

    Arm strength anyone??? Will go very high in the draft........... 😎

    I personally think is the best QB in this draft

    Wow! That was a freakin rope. However, after seeing Graham Harrell and the kid from Missouri playing outside of that Big 12 - I'm not sure I trust the numbers any of them posted. Bradford suddenly looked stoppable out of conference too.

    Of the QBs, I like Sanchez the best. He absolutely shredded the Big 10's best 2 defenses. I think there's ALOT of upside with him if he doesn't get rushed into a starting role before he is ready on a horrible team.

    - Tom F.

  • @solon16 said:

    Arm strength anyone??? Will go very high in the draft........... 😎

    I personally think is the best QB in this draft

    Wow! That was a freakin rope. However, after seeing Graham Harrell and the kid from Missouri playing outside of that Big 12 - I'm not sure I trust the numbers any of them posted. Bradford suddenly looked stoppable out of conference too.

    Of the QBs, I like Sanchez the best. He absolutely shredded the Big 10's best 2 defenses. I think there's ALOT of upside with him if he doesn't get rushed into a starting role before he is ready on a horrible team.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    Wow! That was a freakin rope. However, after seeing Graham Harrell and the kid from Missouri playing outside of that Big 12 - I'm not sure I trust the numbers any of them posted. Bradford suddenly looked stoppable out of conference too.

    Of the QBs, I like Sanchez the best. He absolutely shredded the Big 10's best 2 defenses. I think there's ALOT of upside with him if he doesn't get rushed into a starting role before he is ready on a horrible team.

    - Tom F.

    Flugs,,, Freeman will make your jaw drop standing next to stafford....not even close as far as arm strength , body and even quicks...Very few here have seen him play because he's a big 12 guy...but It wouldn't surprise me if went #3 to KC

  • @flugel said:

    Wow! That was a freakin rope. However, after seeing Graham Harrell and the kid from Missouri playing outside of that Big 12 - I'm not sure I trust the numbers any of them posted. Bradford suddenly looked stoppable out of conference too.

    Of the QBs, I like Sanchez the best. He absolutely shredded the Big 10's best 2 defenses. I think there's ALOT of upside with him if he doesn't get rushed into a starting role before he is ready on a horrible team.

    - Tom F.

    Flugs,,, Freeman will make your jaw drop standing next to stafford....not even close as far as arm strength , body and even quicks...Very few here have seen him play because he's a big 12 guy...but It wouldn't surprise me if went #3 to KC

    @solon16 said:

    Flugs,,, Freeman will make your jaw drop standing next to stafford....not even close as far as arm strength , body and even quicks...Very few here have seen him play because he's a big 12 guy...but It wouldn't surprise me if went #3 to KC

    Kordell Stewart, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Patrick Ramsey, Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer all had arm strength. But when some kids go from a conference of NO defense to facing complex NFL defenses led by Dick LeBeau or Ed Reed what tends to happen? You can hear one of the Lennon's singing "Nobody Told Me There'd be Days These." And we be saying "Oh no!" Not to be confused with Ono.

    - Tom F

  • @solon16 said:

    Flugs,,, Freeman will make your jaw drop standing next to stafford....not even close as far as arm strength , body and even quicks...Very few here have seen him play because he's a big 12 guy...but It wouldn't surprise me if went #3 to KC

    Kordell Stewart, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Patrick Ramsey, Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer all had arm strength. But when some kids go from a conference of NO defense to facing complex NFL defenses led by Dick LeBeau or Ed Reed what tends to happen? You can hear one of the Lennon's singing "Nobody Told Me There'd be Days These." And we be saying "Oh no!" Not to be confused with Ono.

    - Tom F

    @flugel said:

    Kordell Stewart, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Patrick Ramsey, Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer all had arm strength. But when some kids go from a conference of NO defense to facing complex NFL defenses led by Dick LeBeau or Ed Reed what tends to happen? You can hear one of the Lennon's singing "Nobody Told Me There'd be Days These." And we be saying "Oh no!" Not to be confused with Ono.

    - Tom F

    Joe Flacco???

  • You are on record... 😐

  • Also later in the Draft wouldn't mind Alabama RB....Glen Coffee...Coffee's 117-yard average in league games was tops among SEC backs. Not a bad conference to lead all RB's in

  • I guess nobaody is that high on Coffee or Donald Washington....?

  • I guess nobaody is that high on Coffee or Donald Washington....?

    @solon16 said:

    I guess nobaody is that high on Coffee

    Depends on how many cups I've had. MOST of these kids we debate I haven't seen enough of to give you a fair answer or assessment on.

    Give me your favorite 4 for each of the following positions: RBs, WRs, ILBers, OLBers, DEs (3-4 types).

    Highlight Youtubes are highly welcomesd and greatly appreciated.

    - Tom F.

  • @solon16 said:

    I guess nobaody is that high on Coffee

    Depends on how many cups I've had. MOST of these kids we debate I haven't seen enough of to give you a fair answer or assessment on.

    Give me your favorite 4 for each of the following positions: RBs, WRs, ILBers, OLBers, DEs (3-4 types).

    Highlight Youtubes are highly welcomesd and greatly appreciated.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    Depends on how many cups I've had. MOST of these kids we debate I haven't seen enough of to give you a fair answer or assessment on.

    Give me your favorite 4 for each of the following positions: RBs, WRs, ILBers, OLBers, DEs (3-4 types).

    Highlight Youtubes are highly welcomesd and greatly appreciated.

    - Tom F.

    RB: Wells , McCoy, Moreno, Greene

    WR: Crabtree, Macklin , Nicks, Iglesias

    ILB: Rey, Ellerbe , J laurenitis, beckwith,

    OLB: Curry, Orakpo, Cushing, Maybin

    De : Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, And Johnson kid from GT

    my fav: Rey in 1st, McCoy falls inexplicably to us in second(dream).........If we don't go Rb in second I want Coffee in fourth!!

  • @flugel said:

    Depends on how many cups I've had. MOST of these kids we debate I haven't seen enough of to give you a fair answer or assessment on.

    Give me your favorite 4 for each of the following positions: RBs, WRs, ILBers, OLBers, DEs (3-4 types).

    Highlight Youtubes are highly welcomesd and greatly appreciated.

    - Tom F.

    RB: Wells , McCoy, Moreno, Greene

    WR: Crabtree, Macklin , Nicks, Iglesias

    ILB: Rey, Ellerbe , J laurenitis, beckwith,

    OLB: Curry, Orakpo, Cushing, Maybin

    De : Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, And Johnson kid from GT

    my fav: Rey in 1st, McCoy falls inexplicably to us in second(dream).........If we don't go Rb in second I want Coffee in fourth!!

    @solon16 said:

    RB: Wells , McCoy, Moreno, Greene

    WR: Crabtree, Macklin , Nicks, Iglesias

    ILB: Rey, Ellerbe , J laurenitis, beckwith,

    OLB: Curry, Orakpo, Cushing, Maybin

    De : Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, And Johnson kid from GT

    my fav: Rey in 1st, McCoy falls inexplicably to us in second(dream).........If we don't go Rb in second I want Coffee in fourth!!

    first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

  • @solon16 said:

    RB: Wells , McCoy, Moreno, Greene

    WR: Crabtree, Macklin , Nicks, Iglesias

    ILB: Rey, Ellerbe , J laurenitis, beckwith,

    OLB: Curry, Orakpo, Cushing, Maybin

    De : Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, And Johnson kid from GT

    my fav: Rey in 1st, McCoy falls inexplicably to us in second(dream).........If we don't go Rb in second I want Coffee in fourth!!

    first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

    @eggo31 said:

    first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

    Whatever dude Flugs asked ME who i thought MY favs were! McCoy is better than harrison and will be a steal if he finds his way to us in second! moreno will be as brittle as bush is! Put yours up.... then you can put Moreno first....

  • @solon16 said:

    RB: Wells , McCoy, Moreno, Greene

    WR: Crabtree, Macklin , Nicks, Iglesias

    ILB: Rey, Ellerbe , J laurenitis, beckwith,

    OLB: Curry, Orakpo, Cushing, Maybin

    De : Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, And Johnson kid from GT

    my fav: Rey in 1st, McCoy falls inexplicably to us in second(dream).........If we don't go Rb in second I want Coffee in fourth!!

    first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

    @eggo31 said:

    first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

    What the fk does that have anything to do with my top 4 at those positions??? did I say anything at all about 20 carry back or knock out guy???

  • @eggo31 said:

    first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

    Whatever dude Flugs asked ME who i thought MY favs were! McCoy is better than harrison and will be a steal if he finds his way to us in second! moreno will be as brittle as bush is! Put yours up.... then you can put Moreno first....

    @solon16 said:

    Whatever dude Flugs asked ME who i thought MY favs were! McCoy is better than harrison and will be a steal if he finds his way to us in second! moreno will be as brittle as bush is! Put yours up.... then you can put Moreno first....

    Thanks for posting your favorite for each of those positions Solon. Love your RBs! The WR Nicks/Nix from North Carolina is supposed to be a GEM from things I've heard. Pretty good list - I'm not doing a good enough sales job with Harvin on anyone but that kid impressed me to no end.

    I like your round 1 and round 2 ideas. Keep in mind Marlon Lucky will be a nice mid round steal at RB for someone too.

    - Tom F.

  • @solon16 said:

    Whatever dude Flugs asked ME who i thought MY favs were! McCoy is better than harrison and will be a steal if he finds his way to us in second! moreno will be as brittle as bush is! Put yours up.... then you can put Moreno first....

    Thanks for posting your favorite for each of those positions Solon. Love your RBs! The WR Nicks/Nix from North Carolina is supposed to be a GEM from things I've heard. Pretty good list - I'm not doing a good enough sales job with Harvin on anyone but that kid impressed me to no end.

    I like your round 1 and round 2 ideas. Keep in mind Marlon Lucky will be a nice mid round steal at RB for someone too.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for posting your favorite for each of those positions Solon. Love your RBs! The WR Nicks/Nix from North Carolina is supposed to be a GEM from things I've heard. Pretty good list - I'm not doing a good enough sales job with Harvin on anyone but that kid impressed me to no end.

    I like your round 1 and round 2 ideas. Keep in mind Marlon Lucky will be a nice mid round steal at RB for someone too.

    - Tom F.

    i agree harvin is a special talent but what is he? a wr? a rb?....if it was up to me he'd be a RB. I'm not a huge fan of little wr's even with the likes of steve smith, santana moss, devin hester etc....though great... these guys have been fit into there respective systems nicely....I haven't seen one Brown HC fit guys like this into a "system" dating back to metcalf up the middle. I'd prefer Bigger wr's in The weather like we have in Cleveland where jump balls are of more value than little speed guys in the mud,rain and snow....Just my preferences i guess. just like i have always wanted a PouNDER at RB and MLB....Brandon jacobs is a faster Kevin Mack! Rey maualuga is......... well there has never been ANYONE to compare him with in Browns history.....You get my drift!

  • P.S Nicks is a freaking STUD! if macklin wasn't a combined threat on ST... nicks would be my #2! Also I'm really high on Sammie Stroughter from Oregon St...if he is there in 4th when we pick...he could be up there with steals of the whole draft in 4th!

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks for posting your favorite for each of those positions Solon. Love your RBs! The WR Nicks/Nix from North Carolina is supposed to be a GEM from things I've heard. Pretty good list - I'm not doing a good enough sales job with Harvin on anyone but that kid impressed me to no end.

    I like your round 1 and round 2 ideas. Keep in mind Marlon Lucky will be a nice mid round steal at RB for someone too.

    - Tom F.

    i agree harvin is a special talent but what is he? a wr? a rb?....if it was up to me he'd be a RB. I'm not a huge fan of little wr's even with the likes of steve smith, santana moss, devin hester etc....though great... these guys have been fit into there respective systems nicely....I haven't seen one Brown HC fit guys like this into a "system" dating back to metcalf up the middle. I'd prefer Bigger wr's in The weather like we have in Cleveland where jump balls are of more value than little speed guys in the mud,rain and snow....Just my preferences i guess. just like i have always wanted a PouNDER at RB and MLB....Brandon jacobs is a faster Kevin Mack! Rey maualuga is......... well there has never been ANYONE to compare him with in Browns history.....You get my drift!

    @solon16 said:

    i agree harvin is a special talent but what is he? a wr? a rb?....if it was up to me he'd be a RB. I'm not a huge fan of little wr's

    Harvin is a WR at the NFL level with an ability to offer up versatility. That doesn't need to be a negative. Haven't we tinkered with Cribbs at RB and contemplated more of this for 2009? The MORE a guy can offer - the more valuable he becomes IMO. The guy had 19 rushing TDs and 13 receiving TDs in just 3 years on campus. For a team that couldn't light up a scoreboard very much in 2008 - I'm wondering why people would rather have this guy fall to more talented offensive rosters.

    Percy Harvin is Terry Glenn with a 450 pound bench press and better gears. More specifically, he's Joey Galloway with a BETTER college career. Maybe Santonio Holmes is the best parallel. He can socre returning punts like he did to Baltimore or he can take over the Superbowl at crunch time like Percy Harvin did to Oklahoma in the National Championship. We got room for that kind of special - trust me. Put that on the other side of Edwards and yowsa!

    Harvin is listed at 5-11 and 195 pounds by ESPN as a 20 year old junior

    Try to remember what the 5'10" 181 pound Eddie Royal did to the NFL and us in his rookie season. That's a pretty freakin nice weapon to have. We pretty much had the Denver game in check before Eddie Royal ruined the entire night on 1 play we fell asleep at the wheel on. We don't HAVE this type of playmaker on the roster right now.

    - Tom F. (When I hear a guy is a gym rat that wants to be #1 in the weight room and THE goto guy in the plan of attack, I likey-likey)

  • @solon16 said:

    i agree harvin is a special talent but what is he? a wr? a rb?....if it was up to me he'd be a RB. I'm not a huge fan of little wr's

    Harvin is a WR at the NFL level with an ability to offer up versatility. That doesn't need to be a negative. Haven't we tinkered with Cribbs at RB and contemplated more of this for 2009? The MORE a guy can offer - the more valuable he becomes IMO. The guy had 19 rushing TDs and 13 receiving TDs in just 3 years on campus. For a team that couldn't light up a scoreboard very much in 2008 - I'm wondering why people would rather have this guy fall to more talented offensive rosters.

    Percy Harvin is Terry Glenn with a 450 pound bench press and better gears. More specifically, he's Joey Galloway with a BETTER college career. Maybe Santonio Holmes is the best parallel. He can socre returning punts like he did to Baltimore or he can take over the Superbowl at crunch time like Percy Harvin did to Oklahoma in the National Championship. We got room for that kind of special - trust me. Put that on the other side of Edwards and yowsa!

    Harvin is listed at 5-11 and 195 pounds by ESPN as a 20 year old junior

    Try to remember what the 5'10" 181 pound Eddie Royal did to the NFL and us in his rookie season. That's a pretty freakin nice weapon to have. We pretty much had the Denver game in check before Eddie Royal ruined the entire night on 1 play we fell asleep at the wheel on. We don't HAVE this type of playmaker on the roster right now.

    - Tom F. (When I hear a guy is a gym rat that wants to be #1 in the weight room and THE goto guy in the plan of attack, I likey-likey)

    @flugel said:

    Harvin is a WR at the NFL level with an ability to offer up versatility. That doesn't need to be a negative. Haven't we tinkered with Cribbs at RB and contemplated more of this for 2009? The MORE a guy can offer - the more valuable he becomes IMO. The guy had 19 rushing TDs and 13 receiving TDs in just 3 years on campus. For a team that couldn't light up a scoreboard very much in 2008 - I'm wondering why people would rather have this guy fall to more talented offensive rosters.

    Percy Harvin is Terry Glenn with a 450 pound bench press and better gears. More specifically, he's Joey Galloway with a BETTER college career. Maybe Santonio Holmes is the best parallel. He can socre returning punts like he did to Baltimore or he can take over the Superbowl at crunch time like Percy Harvin did to Oklahoma in the National Championship. We got room for that kind of special - trust me. Put that on the other side of Edwards and yowsa!

    Harvin is listed at 5-11 and 195 pounds by ESPN as a 20 year old junior

    Try to remember what the 5'10" 181 pound Eddie Royal did to the NFL and us in his rookie season. That's a pretty freakin nice weapon to have. We pretty much had the Denver game in check before Eddie Royal ruined the entire night on 1 play we fell asleep at the wheel on. We don't HAVE this type of playmaker on the roster right now.

    - Tom F. (When I hear a guy is a gym rat that wants to be #1 in the weight room and THE goto guy in the plan of attack, I likey-likey)

    AT #5?????