Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Class
-
His voice is ok if you like high, shrieking banshees
-
personally I think Steve Perry has a great voice which has gotten better through his solo career. I think Freddie Mercury has a great voice. I think we overlook another guy with a wonderful voice great song writing ability and most certainly an excellent performer. Elton John. Paul McCartney has a great voice. So does Eric Carmen.Lou Gramm has one of the best rock voices in the business so I'm not a big foreigner fan.
IMO of course.
-

-
Steve Perry has also been replaced
Steve Perry has also been replaced
I am sorry, I have to stop believing you now.
What is that you say? No, don't?
-
Steve Perry has also been replaced
I am sorry, I have to stop believing you now.
What is that you say? No, don't?
I am sorry, I have to stop believing you now.
What is that you say? No, don't?
http://www.kansas.com/2013/08/23/2958948/journey-drummer-urges-fans-to.html
-
His voice is ok if you like high, shrieking banshees
His voice is ok if you like high, shrieking banshees
I think Thailand guy Arniel Penida is the banshee, unlistenable.....
-
Nirvana is the best and single most important band in the HOF.
-
Nirvana is the best and single most important band in the HOF.
Nirvana is the best and single most important band in the HOF.
Ahh....No. That would be The Beatles....and no legitimate industry person would deny it.
The Beatles, in fact, were the #2 best selling artist of the 2000-2009 decade.....and influenced probably every single other band in there..
I mean, even if I didn't like them, I would have to acknowledge that.
-
I would say that Nirvana is extremely influential and important.
Probably at least in the same league with the beatles elvis presley and frank sinatra. Certainly not as influential and important as other members of that league but still...
Up to the individual to decide who is best though.
WSS
-
I would say that Nirvana is extremely influential and important.
Probably at least in the same league with the beatles elvis presley and frank sinatra. Certainly not as influential and important as other members of that league but still...
Up to the individual to decide who is best though.
WSS
I would say that Nirvana is extremely influential and important.
Probably at least in the same league with the beatles elvis presley and frank sinatra. Certainly not as influential and important as other members of that league but still...
Up to the individual to decide who is best though.
WSS
Got to put people like the cure and led zep in that discussion as well. Maybe not the cure up there with the beatles, but Led Zep certainly are around there.
-
absolutely Led Zeppelin. As well as the Rolling Stones David Bowie Bob Dylan Bruce Springsteen the Eagles...
along with the Beatles Frank Sinatra Elvis Presley...
I need to round out the ten most important and influential of all time... Maybe your Nirvana belongs in that group? Johnny Cash?
WSS
-
I would say that Nirvana is extremely influential and important.
Probably at least in the same league with the beatles elvis presley and frank sinatra. Certainly not as influential and important as other members of that league but still...
Up to the individual to decide who is best though.
WSS
Got to put people like the cure and led zep in that discussion as well. Maybe not the cure up there with the beatles, but Led Zep certainly are around there.
Got to put people like the cure and led zep in that discussion as well. Maybe not the cure up there with the beatles, but Led Zep certainly are around there.
Led zepplin is a great band. They in no way defined an era like nirvana. Not even in the same league in terms of importance and influence on their peers.
-
Got to put people like the cure and led zep in that discussion as well. Maybe not the cure up there with the beatles, but Led Zep certainly are around there.
Led zepplin is a great band. They in no way defined an era like nirvana. Not even in the same league in terms of importance and influence on their peers.
Led zepplin is a great band. They in no way defined an era like nirvana. Not even in the same league in terms of importance and influence on their peers.
Led Zeppelin & Black Sabbath certainly defined their era. If it wasn't for them, there would be no Nirvana or Metallica for instance.
-
No not at all.I disagree completely and totally. Especially about black Sabbath who are just terrible. And I posit that Pink Floyd was more influential than either of them.
-
I'd say led zeppkin was no more influential in the 70s than kiss. Do we say kiss defined their era?
-
No not at all.I disagree completely and totally. Especially about black Sabbath who are just terrible. And I posit that Pink Floyd was more influential than either of them.
No not at all.I disagree completely and totally. Especially about black Sabbath who are just terrible. And I posit that Pink Floyd was more influential than either of them.
Well, that's your opinion on Sabbath. Every one of those "countdown" type shows, like the top 100 albums for instance, the modern hard rock groups all reference Sabbath & Tony Iommi. Albums like Vol.4 & Sabotage, which didn't get a lot of airplay are truly awesome.
-
Sabbath was awe inspiringly bad.
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath
Lol Cysco, like I said that's your opinion.
-
Yeah and its art and if I hate them and think they're utter bottom feeding garbage and that heavy metal is the most horrible noise and Its fans are the dregs of society that's my prerogative. Where, exactly, though do you see the influence of black Sabbath in Nirvana? If a British band could have been said to be influential to them its way more pistols than Sabbath. And Sabbath is not fit to lick mettalica's horrible shitty-band boots.
-
Early releases
Nirvana released its first single, "Love Buzz", in November 1988 on the Seattle independent record label Sub Pop.[19] The following month, the band began recording its debut album, Bleach, with local producer Jack Endino.[20]Bleach was highly influenced by the heavy dirge-rock of the Melvins and Mudhoney, 1980s punk rock, and the 1970s heavy metal of Black Sabbath. Novoselic said in a 2001 interview with Rolling Stone that the band had played a tape in their van while on tour that had an album by The Smithereens on one side and an album by the black metal band Celtic Frost on the other, and noted that the combination probably played an influence as well.[21] The money for the recording sessions for Bleach, listed as $606.17 on the album sleeve, was supplied by Jason Everman, who was subsequently brought into the band as the second guitarist. Though Everman did not actually play on the album, he received a credit on Bleach because, according to Novoselic, they "wanted to make him feel more at home in the band".[22] Just prior to the album's release, Nirvana insisted on signing an extended contract with Sub Pop, making the band the first to do so with the label.[23]
^^from Wikipedia Cysco...for what it's worth
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login