Skip to content

Coach Chud Fired

The Browns Board
398 68 11.2k
  • In the Press conference yesterday Banner said they made the decision to fire Chud on Saturday.

  • too bad he didn't get the job done here.

    i think haslam will keep hiring and firing until he "get's it right".

    god bless that motherfucker!

    @miktoxic said:

    too bad he didn't get the job done here.

    i think haslam will keep hiring and firing until he "get's it right".

    god bless that motherfucker!

    In a way, I agree. Get it done or hit the door. This team didn't get any better and lost game after game in the 4th qtr. Other coaches show some results....we need the same damn thing. Give us something to cling to.

  • Read a theory that goes something like this:

    Banner/Lombardi really like a QB (probably Manziel for this theory to hold up)

    They want to take him with the first pick

    Chud really doesn't like Manziel

    They see Manziel as a critical piece to build around

    Chud disagreed, and so to avoid the scenario like in washington where the coach/qb relationship seriously deteriorated, they got rid of the coach, as they inevitably would have done anyway.

    It's a possibility I guess.

  • Does this mean Weeden is gone? Please

  • Does this mean Weeden is gone? Please

    @rooster-dick said:

    Does this mean Weeden is gone? Please

    What's the dif? Campbell sucks just as bad and Brian Hoyer had two fair to good games and one in which Weeden had to bail him out.

    Fact is that the team, especially the defense, folded in the last half. Its just you guys and your irrational hatred of Weeden that might make you think otherwise.

    As for Johnny Manziel maybe there's a bigger risk but maybe also the stakes are bigger. I don't see him being and non factor, a journeyman. I guess he could be an exciting success or a dismal failure. The other guys could be average starters or lifelong backups but I don't see the way up or way down side.

    Either way I don't pin the failure of this team on the quarterback position.

    WSS

  • Wow, nothing new here. This could be 2012, 2010, 2007.......

  • Cleveland Browns are interviewing for a head coach. No experience required. On the Job training available.

    That's the problem with the Browns. If you get a coach that has no experience as a head coach, it is a gamble.

    The same thing is true of Quarterbacks. Some draft pics work out and some don't.

    So lets get a new head coach and quarterback every year or so and hope for the best.

    What a Joke!

  • hey calm down. lol. If we have consistency I think we as fans would be lost and confused.

  • Reading some of the quotes from the players, you get a sense of moral being erradicated. I know its a business and shit, but come on. The 3 stooges better bring in someone who can hype up these guys now.

    So does this mean Ward and Mack are good as gone? Do they want to come back? What FA next year wants to come here?

  • Said it last year and I'll say it again .. hopefully not next year.

    If the players like the Coach on a 4-12 team something is really wrong,

  • The players already looked dead during the regular season.

    You can't say they gave up, but they sure looked like it.

    I don't know about keeping Ward and Mack. I'm sure with the right check they'll come back.

    Unlike a couple others I'd be disappointed if we lose Ward or Mack, because we are not going to get anyone better for next year.

  • Been busy with the holidays...and trying to catch up like mad with the Chud firing responses...

    After thinking it over a bit, I'm fine with the decision, because it's better the FO cut him loose now than to hide the fact they really don't want him anymore. Would be wasting more time pretending he's the guy they want. Now...go get that guy you really want, and be damn sure about it, and turn this lost ship in the right direction.

  • I agree with you. I also don't think it matters who was running the ball. We were either tied or had the lead in 10 games this year and won only 4 and lost 7 in a row. That doesn't even count the number of times we gave up the lead in the last 2 minutes of a half.

    The team clearly had enough talent to be in that situation at half time of that many games, losing that many when we were in that situation has to fall on the head coach.

    @mark-o said:

    I agree with you. I also don't think it matters who was running the ball. We were either tied or had the lead in 10 games this year and won only 4 and lost 7 in a row. That doesn't even count the number of times we gave up the lead in the last 2 minutes of a half.

    The team clearly had enough talent to be in that situation at half time of that many games, losing that many when we were in that situation has to fall on the head coach.

    ^^^^^this right here^^^^^, is all the explanation anyone needs as to why we're getting a new head coach. Like it or not, they gotta win the games, not give up leads and blow the games.

  • It's a real shame what happened to Chudzinski. I'm not a Browns fan, but I know from being an Eagles fans that Joe Banner is a complete and total scumbag. I don't know if he had anything to do with the firing, but he is such a vindictive, spiteful, and petty person. I could tell you about some of the things he did in Philadelphia, and they were pretty low.

    I haven't been following the Browns much, so I don't know how much power Banner has, but I'll just say that he was the cause of much of the turmoil that caused the Eagles to fall apart at the end of the Andy Reid era. Banner got power hungry and tried to stick his nose into everything as the years went on. During the final handful of seasons, Banner started to assert his power into personnel moves and wanted a say in draft picks, and the Eagles had some really poor drafts before these last couple when Banner lost control.

    I thought Chudzinski was a good hire at the time. I liked what he did in Carolina. It's a shame it all went down this way.

    @hestoopowerful said:

    It's a real shame what happened to Chudzinski. I'm not a Browns fan, but I know from being an Eagles fans that Joe Banner is a complete and total scumbag. I don't know if he had anything to do with the firing, but he is such a vindictive, spiteful, and petty person. I could tell you about some of the things he did in Philadelphia, and they were pretty low.

    I haven't been following the Browns much, so I don't know how much power Banner has, but I'll just say that he was the cause of much of the turmoil that caused the Eagles to fall apart at the end of the Andy Reid era. Banner got power hungry and tried to stick his nose into everything as the years went on. During the final handful of seasons, Banner started to assert his power into personnel moves and wanted a say in draft picks, and the Eagles had some really poor drafts before these last couple when Banner lost control.

    I thought Chudzinski was a good hire at the time. I liked what he did in Carolina. It's a shame it all went down this way.

    Beyond a shame- Banner and Lombardi pulling rank, and newbie owner Haslam expecting immediate results from his new toy. Sorry Browns fans- it will give me great personal satisfaction if Chud wins a SB before the Browns- and it just could happen.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Reading some of the quotes from the players, you get a sense of moral being erradicated. I know its a business and shit, but come on. The 3 stooges better bring in someone who can hype up these guys now.

    So does this mean Ward and Mack are good as gone? Do they want to come back? What FA next year wants to come here?

    Yes Mike- this isn't Pat Sur-loss goober ball. Hear any outcry from the players when he got the boot? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think so. I think the asking price of both Ward and Mack just went through the roof- and they're going to have to franchise one of them, and put a transition tag on the other.

  • Mack will resign. 5 years/ 60 million.

    Ward will be tagged a 6-7 mill this season and resign at 4 years/ 40 mill next season.

  • @hestoopowerful said:

    It's a real shame what happened to Chudzinski. I'm not a Browns fan, but I know from being an Eagles fans that Joe Banner is a complete and total scumbag. I don't know if he had anything to do with the firing, but he is such a vindictive, spiteful, and petty person. I could tell you about some of the things he did in Philadelphia, and they were pretty low.

    I haven't been following the Browns much, so I don't know how much power Banner has, but I'll just say that he was the cause of much of the turmoil that caused the Eagles to fall apart at the end of the Andy Reid era. Banner got power hungry and tried to stick his nose into everything as the years went on. During the final handful of seasons, Banner started to assert his power into personnel moves and wanted a say in draft picks, and the Eagles had some really poor drafts before these last couple when Banner lost control.

    I thought Chudzinski was a good hire at the time. I liked what he did in Carolina. It's a shame it all went down this way.

    Beyond a shame- Banner and Lombardi pulling rank, and newbie owner Haslam expecting immediate results from his new toy. Sorry Browns fans- it will give me great personal satisfaction if Chud wins a SB before the Browns- and it just could happen.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Reading some of the quotes from the players, you get a sense of moral being erradicated. I know its a business and shit, but come on. The 3 stooges better bring in someone who can hype up these guys now.

    So does this mean Ward and Mack are good as gone? Do they want to come back? What FA next year wants to come here?

    Yes Mike- this isn't Pat Sur-loss goober ball. Hear any outcry from the players when he got the boot? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think so. I think the asking price of both Ward and Mack just went through the roof- and they're going to have to franchise one of them, and put a transition tag on the other.

    @hoorta said:

    I think the asking price of both Ward and Mack just went through the roof- and they're going to have to franchise one of them, and put a transition tag on the other.

    I agree, Then, hopefully, we can turn things around well enough to keep these guys here in 2015. If not, I sure hope Jimmy holds Banner & Lombardi accountable, aka "fire their asses".

    Mike

  • Cleveland Browns are interviewing for a head coach. No experience required. On the Job training available.

    That's the problem with the Browns. If you get a coach that has no experience as a head coach, it is a gamble.

    The same thing is true of Quarterbacks. Some draft pics work out and some don't.

    So lets get a new head coach and quarterback every year or so and hope for the best.

    What a Joke!

    @deejay319 said:

    Cleveland Browns are interviewing for a head coach. No experience required. On the Job training available.

    That's the problem with the Browns. If you get a coach that has no experience as a head coach, it is a gamble.

    The same thing is true of Quarterbacks. Some draft pics work out and some don't.

    So lets get a new head coach and quarterback every year or so and hope for the best.

    What a Joke!

    Well, if they go after McDaniel he HAS experience as a HC.

  • Bears' Cutler stunned at Chudzinski firing
    JANUARY 2, 2014 12:12:33 PM PST
    By Pat McManamon
    Most of the reaction to the Cleveland Browns' decision to fire Rob Chudzinski after one year as head coach has come from fans, and much of it has been negative.

    CutlerBut one prominent player in the league weighed in this week.

    Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler does a regular show on ESPN-1000 in Chicago (appropriately dubbed "The Jay Cutler Show"). This week he was on the air with John Jurkovic, the ex-Packers and ex-Jaguars defensive lineman who spent a year in Cleveland on the 1999 expansion team.

    Jurkovic mentioned on the show he played for the Browns, and Cutler immediately chimed in: “I can’t believe they fired Chud.”

    To which Jurkovic responded: “Shocking. They are the new worst franchise in the NFL, replacing and supplanting the great Dan Snyder for the Washington Redskins.”

    Cutler continued.

    “They had a good team,” he said. “Obviously they didn’t win as many games as they wanted to. Defensively, they looked good. I thought J-Camp (Jason Campbell) came in and did a nice job quarterbacking. They had some talented receivers; that tight end is really good.

    “It wasn’t an easy win to play them by any means.”

    Cutler’s comments on the defense are kind given the Bears scored 21 in the fourth quarter, but the point was made.

    It’s also something similar to what Bill Belichick said after the Patriots' win over the Browns. The Patriots produce their own show called "Patriots All-Access," which mikes players and coaches. After New England’s win, Belichick said (at about the 5:00 mark):

    “Give them credit. They’re the team we thought they’d be. Young, aggressive, fought their [butt] off, gave us all we wanted and more.

    “That’s a win none of us will forget, I’ll tell ya.”

    Of course it’s easy for a coach who wins to be complimentary, especially when the win was as dramatic as that one was.

    But typically if a coach or player feels like a move was proper or a team isn’t competing, they will talk in innocuous ways about a move or loss being unfortunate or sometimes being time for a change.

    Cutler and Jurkovic were a little more direct.

    “Joe Thomas said it best,” Jurkovic said. “He said every time you hit the reset button, you set your organization back.”

    “It’s hard,” Cutler said. “It’s hard to get a new regime, new offense, new defense, new way of doing things, new way to practice. ... It’s not easy.”
  • Cutler should worry about his own ineptitude.