Skip to content

Let the Mock Drafts begin

The Browns Board
81 36 5.3k
  • Yea there is a huge chance this QB class is highly overrated

  • i am calling it now, Mark it down this is what will happen!!!!!

    Browns Hire Josh Mcdaniels, Josh then brings in Mallet for a third and a forth round pick. Thats all it will take to get him away from NE.

    Browns then have 2 1s a 2 and a 3

    We then take Sammy Watkins with out first and C.J. Mosley, ILB with our other First. Now since Mcdaniels loves the 2 TE on the field at the same time, we go get the best Tight end we can in the second, and in the third we go get our RB in Hyde. BUT this is a big BUT the Browns will sign Tate from the Texans

    On Offense next year we will have

    Mallet and Hoyer at QB

    Tate and Hyde and Lewis at RB

    Cameron and ???? at Tight End

    Gordon and Watkins and who gives a shit at WR

    This all will happen if Macdaniels is our Coach, if he is not then I have no clue!!!!!

  • Hard to disagree with your guess. The fact that the FO has done two massive moves already (Trent/Chud) shows that they are willing to do just about anything.

  • Tampa that is what would like to see minus maybe McDaniels.

  • I've heard a couple people say "along with Free Agency" now. Do you guys know something I don't? I don't remember the last time I thought the Browns did as much as they should have in Free Agency. Is there some definite reason to think this off-season will be more productive from a FA standpoint?

    @spectralcow said:

    I've heard a couple people say "along with Free Agency" now. Do you guys know something I don't? I don't remember the last time I thought the Browns did as much as they should have in Free Agency. Is there some definite reason to think this off-season will be more productive from a FA standpoint?

    Just the fact that we actually did some things last year in FA, plus we have massive Cap room (a % of which is NFL mandated to be used), and that we're probably going to let some of our FA's walk so that's more Cap to use plus Players to replace.

  • Thanks, JAFBF. I don't know that I'm super confident about it now, but you answered my question. Thank you.

  • I would like to us to see us pick up a couple.

    http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-free-agents-top-50-list/

  • Rams have already said the #2 pick is up for sale, so basically that means if we want a QB we need to trade up or get most likely get the 4th best QB available. Trade up and get the QB even if that means both first rounders, do it!

  • NOPE! Don't do that. Don't trade up from the #4 pick.

  • NOPE! Don't do that. Don't trade up from the #4 pick.

    @spectralcow said:

    NOPE! Don't do that. Don't trade up from the #4 pick.

    Well do you want to continue to wallow in mediocrity or do you want to find a long term solution at QB, if there is a large gulf between the #2 QB and #4 QB you must trade up, that why you acquired the extra picks in the first place. It doesn't matter who we draft at WR or at RB if the person calling the signals is inadequate.

  • I'm not so sure that there is a wide gulf between the #2 QB and the #4 QB. Bridgewater, Carr, Manziel, Bortles. I'm not college football expert but I'd bet all 4 of them are good enough to make us better.

  • Is there a for sure thing at QB in the draft. next years QB class is better. Why lose a 1st, 2nd rounder to get who? Bridgwater is going to the Texans. There is a drop off from there. not worth reaching this year. Weeden, Quinn redo?

  • Is there a for sure thing at QB in the draft. next years QB class is better. Why lose a 1st, 2nd rounder to get who? Bridgwater is going to the Texans. There is a drop off from there. not worth reaching this year. Weeden, Quinn redo?

    @lbc-mike said:

    Is there a for sure thing at QB in the draft. next years QB class is better. Why lose a 1st, 2nd rounder to get who? Bridgwater is going to the Texans. There is a drop off from there. not worth reaching this year. Weeden, Quinn redo?

    Next years class is always better, thats what I hear every year and unless your plan is to suck ass and win only 2 games, you have no guarantee you are in position to grab a good QB. This QB draft class is way better than last years. When the scouts etc grade out their QBs, if they believe there is a decided drop off from #2 to #4 they must trade up. If they believe they are all about the same its possible they don't.

  • Is there a for sure thing at QB in the draft. next years QB class is better. Why lose a 1st, 2nd rounder to get who? Bridgwater is going to the Texans. There is a drop off from there. not worth reaching this year. Weeden, Quinn redo?

    @lbc-mike said:

    Is there a for sure thing at QB in the draft. next years QB class is better. Why lose a 1st, 2nd rounder to get who? Bridgwater is going to the Texans. There is a drop off from there. not worth reaching this year. Weeden, Quinn redo?

    BTW there are no for sure things in the draft especially at QB, you can't wait for the next Luck.

  • Trading up (if they can even pull it off; the last time they tried hard and still couldn't do it) from the #4 to #2 pick doesn't guarantee a better selection by the Browns in this draft. It does guarantee less picks or later picks in other rounds.

  • I think there are always players that can succeed when put into the right position.

    I also think there are always positions that no matter which player is put into they will fail.

  • I'd rather trade for Mallet than reach on Johnny Football. Then take the BPA at 4 and go from there.

  • Trading up (if they can even pull it off; the last time they tried hard and still couldn't do it) from the #4 to #2 pick doesn't guarantee a better selection by the Browns in this draft. It does guarantee less picks or later picks in other rounds.

    @spectralcow said:

    Trading up (if they can even pull it off; the last time they tried hard and still couldn't do it) from the #4 to #2 pick doesn't guarantee a better selection by the Browns in this draft. It does guarantee less picks or later picks in other rounds.

    Right, it basically comes down to how they evaluate the QBs. Like someone said earlier if they believe QB #2 is not much better than QB #4 then you probably stand pat. If however they believe QB #2 is much better than QB #4 I say you have to pull the trigger. We will be drafting a QB and I believe it will be in the first 4 picks. Possible the 2nd pick. Also remember trading up 2 spots the price isnt as steep.

  • If they trade up to 2 for manziel this FO will only enforce their reputation as clueless mongoloids.

  • @rooster-dick said:

    Dont draft a PSU player... ugh

    Have you seen Robinson play? I wouldn't care if he went to the university of spicy diarrhea, the kids a baller.

    @roycerolls said:

    Have you seen Robinson play? I wouldn't care if he went to the university of spicy diarrhea, the kids a baller.

    VERY underrated academics at USD.