Skip to content

Let the Mock Drafts begin

The Browns Board
81 36 5.3k
  • Is there a for sure thing at QB in the draft. next years QB class is better. Why lose a 1st, 2nd rounder to get who? Bridgwater is going to the Texans. There is a drop off from there. not worth reaching this year. Weeden, Quinn redo?

    @lbc-mike said:

    Is there a for sure thing at QB in the draft. next years QB class is better. Why lose a 1st, 2nd rounder to get who? Bridgwater is going to the Texans. There is a drop off from there. not worth reaching this year. Weeden, Quinn redo?

    BTW there are no for sure things in the draft especially at QB, you can't wait for the next Luck.

  • Trading up (if they can even pull it off; the last time they tried hard and still couldn't do it) from the #4 to #2 pick doesn't guarantee a better selection by the Browns in this draft. It does guarantee less picks or later picks in other rounds.

  • I think there are always players that can succeed when put into the right position.

    I also think there are always positions that no matter which player is put into they will fail.

  • I'd rather trade for Mallet than reach on Johnny Football. Then take the BPA at 4 and go from there.

  • Trading up (if they can even pull it off; the last time they tried hard and still couldn't do it) from the #4 to #2 pick doesn't guarantee a better selection by the Browns in this draft. It does guarantee less picks or later picks in other rounds.

    @spectralcow said:

    Trading up (if they can even pull it off; the last time they tried hard and still couldn't do it) from the #4 to #2 pick doesn't guarantee a better selection by the Browns in this draft. It does guarantee less picks or later picks in other rounds.

    Right, it basically comes down to how they evaluate the QBs. Like someone said earlier if they believe QB #2 is not much better than QB #4 then you probably stand pat. If however they believe QB #2 is much better than QB #4 I say you have to pull the trigger. We will be drafting a QB and I believe it will be in the first 4 picks. Possible the 2nd pick. Also remember trading up 2 spots the price isnt as steep.

  • If they trade up to 2 for manziel this FO will only enforce their reputation as clueless mongoloids.

  • @rooster-dick said:

    Dont draft a PSU player... ugh

    Have you seen Robinson play? I wouldn't care if he went to the university of spicy diarrhea, the kids a baller.

    @roycerolls said:

    Have you seen Robinson play? I wouldn't care if he went to the university of spicy diarrhea, the kids a baller.

    VERY underrated academics at USD.
  • What would it take to move from #4 to #2? Would we have to give up 2 1st rounders? I'd rather move up to take Bortles, than sit at 4 and pick the 4th best QB available... Either way, we need the QB we want... no matter who the coach is

  • We picked joe Thomas over Adrian Peterson...I couldn't stand to pick a lineman and then watch Manziel light it up somewhere else.

    If you aint got a QB who cares about linemen

  • In my opinion, regarding the CBS Sports mock draft, I don't see us taking an OLB at #4. If, with the new coaches that are likely to come, we stay with 3-4 base defense we have no need for another OLB.

    Drafting a OT would be intriguing, I think they only go this way if they plan on getting a QB late or plan on Hoyer being the QB for 2014 and if he fails then draft a QB in a now much better looking 2015 QB Draft class.

    One mock draft had us taking Sammy Watkins at #4, I believe that would be a horrible idea. Tons of WRs in this draft, no need to draft one at #4.

    I know I might get blasted for this but I am slowly becoming okay with the idea of the Browns drafting Manziel. Bridgewater or Bortles are going to be the #1 and #2 QBs off the board so unless we trade up with St Louis who has already said they are willing to trade, then we will probably have the choice of either Derek Carr or Manziel. Of course QBs could very well be drafted with the first 3 picks before it gets to us.

    I don't think getting Manziel at #4 would be a reach. His potential is enormous. Obviously the draft is full of risks. It isn't always about a player being a bust but rather ensuring that the gameplan and roster fits the player. Example; Alex Smith before John Harbaugh and Andy Reid was a bust but now he isn't.

  • I think the only reason we move up in the draft is to get Bridgewater or Bortles. I think Houston goes Bridgewater, Bortles or Clowney. We trade with St Louis which would consist of swapping 1st rounders as well as our 2nd first rounder though I would rather give them our 2nd rounder and one of our 3rd rounders.

  • Seriously, if they give up a decent pick to move up from #4 to #2, I'm going to freak out. There's just no reason for it, and we need "two first round players" more than we need "the difference between who we can get at #4 and who we can get at #2."

  • Seriously, if they give up a decent pick to move up from #4 to #2, I'm going to freak out. There's just no reason for it, and we need "two first round players" more than we need "the difference between who we can get at #4 and who we can get at #2."

    @spectralcow said:

    Seriously, if they give up a decent pick to move up from #4 to #2, I'm going to freak out. There's just no reason for it, and we need "two first round players" more than we need "the difference between who we can get at #4 and who we can get at #2."

    Agree 100%. There is not much difference between any of the top 5 QBs. If we pull another 2012 1st round, that may just put a fork in me.

  • If the browns get either Manziel or Clowney...If we don't come away with one of those two Ill be wondering whats going on...again.

  • I'll be happy when I have no more bitch titted comments to read.

  • LOL!

  • Has anyone watched ucf this year? My family lives out in Orlando right next to the campus and I have a lot of friends that go there so I catch a lot of the games. Bortles doesn't show anything that gives me a warm and fuzzy about a first round grade. On paper he has good size, but so many of his yards come from screens to their dynamic backs. The only positive I can take away is that he's got enough size to take a hit. At best he's Carson palmer. Rather trade my first 2 picks for Bridgewater or grab manziel. Thoughts?

    Edit: also I think manziel is going to be more coveted than people are saying right now. Reports say a lot of gms are big on Johnny football and some won't touch him with a ten foot pole. I don't think he's sure fire going to be sitting available with the 4th pick. He has the highest ceiling short term.

  • I don't think They will have to trade up to get Manziel..hell be there.But youll have those that would draft a tackle or guard.

    I think Id have a personal rule that in the first round you always take the best QB,WR,or RB...

    Adrian Peterson.....Joe Thomas? Not that Joe isn't great...AP is a game changer

  • I don't think They will have to trade up to get Manziel..hell be there.But youll have those that would draft a tackle or guard.

    I think Id have a personal rule that in the first round you always take the best QB,WR,or RB...

    Adrian Peterson.....Joe Thomas? Not that Joe isn't great...AP is a game changer

    @jeffinwv said:

    I think Id have a personal rule that in the first round you always take the best QB,WR,or RB...

    Yea, trading up to take the best RB in the draft of 2012 worked out great for us. 4hrs later, we did the same thing with a QB. Both are on pace for a bust in Canton.

  • Trading up to #1??

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10238006/houston-texans-owner-bob-mcnair-open-trading-no-1-pick

    Too bad this isn't 2012, and there isn't an Andrew Luck... If our FO likes a QB head-and-shoulders above the rest, I could see us trading our 2 1sts and another pick or 2 to get there... Problem is, I don't see a QB h&s above the rest...