Skip to content

Let the Mock Drafts begin

The Browns Board
81 36 5.3k
  • Seriously, if they give up a decent pick to move up from #4 to #2, I'm going to freak out. There's just no reason for it, and we need "two first round players" more than we need "the difference between who we can get at #4 and who we can get at #2."

    @spectralcow said:

    Seriously, if they give up a decent pick to move up from #4 to #2, I'm going to freak out. There's just no reason for it, and we need "two first round players" more than we need "the difference between who we can get at #4 and who we can get at #2."

    Agree 100%. There is not much difference between any of the top 5 QBs. If we pull another 2012 1st round, that may just put a fork in me.

  • If the browns get either Manziel or Clowney...If we don't come away with one of those two Ill be wondering whats going on...again.

  • I'll be happy when I have no more bitch titted comments to read.

  • LOL!

  • Has anyone watched ucf this year? My family lives out in Orlando right next to the campus and I have a lot of friends that go there so I catch a lot of the games. Bortles doesn't show anything that gives me a warm and fuzzy about a first round grade. On paper he has good size, but so many of his yards come from screens to their dynamic backs. The only positive I can take away is that he's got enough size to take a hit. At best he's Carson palmer. Rather trade my first 2 picks for Bridgewater or grab manziel. Thoughts?

    Edit: also I think manziel is going to be more coveted than people are saying right now. Reports say a lot of gms are big on Johnny football and some won't touch him with a ten foot pole. I don't think he's sure fire going to be sitting available with the 4th pick. He has the highest ceiling short term.

  • I don't think They will have to trade up to get Manziel..hell be there.But youll have those that would draft a tackle or guard.

    I think Id have a personal rule that in the first round you always take the best QB,WR,or RB...

    Adrian Peterson.....Joe Thomas? Not that Joe isn't great...AP is a game changer

  • I don't think They will have to trade up to get Manziel..hell be there.But youll have those that would draft a tackle or guard.

    I think Id have a personal rule that in the first round you always take the best QB,WR,or RB...

    Adrian Peterson.....Joe Thomas? Not that Joe isn't great...AP is a game changer

    @jeffinwv said:

    I think Id have a personal rule that in the first round you always take the best QB,WR,or RB...

    Yea, trading up to take the best RB in the draft of 2012 worked out great for us. 4hrs later, we did the same thing with a QB. Both are on pace for a bust in Canton.

  • Trading up to #1??

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10238006/houston-texans-owner-bob-mcnair-open-trading-no-1-pick

    Too bad this isn't 2012, and there isn't an Andrew Luck... If our FO likes a QB head-and-shoulders above the rest, I could see us trading our 2 1sts and another pick or 2 to get there... Problem is, I don't see a QB h&s above the rest...

  • @spectralcow said:

    NOPE! Don't do that. Don't trade up from the #4 pick.

    Well do you want to continue to wallow in mediocrity or do you want to find a long term solution at QB, if there is a large gulf between the #2 QB and #4 QB you must trade up, that why you acquired the extra picks in the first place. It doesn't matter who we draft at WR or at RB if the person calling the signals is inadequate.

    @runyon27 said:

    Well do you want to continue to wallow in mediocrity or do you want to find a long term solution at QB, if there is a large gulf between the #2 QB and #4 QB you must trade up, that why you acquired the extra picks in the first place. It doesn't matter who we draft at WR or at RB if the person calling the signals is inadequate.

    I don't see the long term solution at QB in this years draft. Sorry I don't. I don't even know who our fucking HC is right now and what kind of offense we're going to be running. And fuck, now that we're interviewing 4-3 defensive coordinators, do we need to draft a DE? The best DE prospect in years, possibly even decades is out there this year.

  • I LIKE watkins with first pick hyde or best rb with pick from indy and 2nd rd grab best qb maybe murray or the lsu qb.Sit the qb 1st year let hoyer start

  • a few things:

    1. the browns should not trade any picks to move up, maybe a trade down with an atlanta, minnesota, or oakland

    2. the first pick should be sammy watkins and the second should be the best available OT or LB

    3. if brett hundley comes out you draft him in the second round as he will be a franchise QB

    4. if zac mettenberger falls to the 5th round you pick him up as a back up plan

    5. win

  • a few things:

    1. the browns should not trade any picks to move up, maybe a trade down with an atlanta, minnesota, or oakland

    2. the first pick should be sammy watkins and the second should be the best available OT or LB

    3. if brett hundley comes out you draft him in the second round as he will be a franchise QB

    4. if zac mettenberger falls to the 5th round you pick him up as a back up plan

    5. win

    @sig570 said:

    a few things:

    1. the browns should not trade any picks to move up, maybe a trade down with an atlanta, minnesota, or oakland

    2. the first pick should be sammy watkins and the second should be the best available OT or LB

    3. if brett hundley comes out you draft him in the second round as he will be a franchise QB

    4. if zac mettenberger falls to the 5th round you pick him up as a back up plan

    5. win

    Hundley isn't coming out unless he's a first round pick and if he does declare I have an incredibly hard time seeing him slip past the first half of the draft.

  • The Browns went heavy on the defense last year and now we are hurting on O. We need a QB, a RB And a WR. Trade the entire draft for Manziel, Watkins, and Hyde.

  • The Browns went heavy on the defense last year and now we are hurting on O. We need a QB, a RB And a WR. Trade the entire draft for Manziel, Watkins, and Hyde.

    @poeticg said:

    The Browns went heavy on the defense last year and now we are hurting on O. We need a QB, a RB And a WR. Trade the entire draft for Manziel, Watkins, and Hyde.

    In a way, that works. Added to what we have, we can make it work if we keep mack and find a upgrade at guard in FA.

  • Quite a few good scenarios discussed here. I like getting McDaniels and then trading for Mallett if McDaniels wants him (might take more than a 3rd & 4th to get him at that point, though).

    Then...

    1a - Watkins

    1b - Yankey

    2 - Best 3-down RB (Seastrunk, etc.)

    3 - ILB with coverage smarts and skills

    4 - James Wilder, Jr., big back with high ceiling

    5 - CJ Copeland, FB, LSU (280lbs of FB!!!)

  • I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Browns next draft pick will be a quarterback. It's a done deal. It's the whole reason they traded T-Rich when Weeden sucked, to have trade-up ammunition. We aren't drafting Sammy Watkins, who should get a 120 looks he can't get opposite an All Pro (Gordon).

    Yes, the Browns will add WRs, perhaps in the draft AND in free agency. It's not priority #1, especially with two Pro Bowl pass catchers and Dion Lewis returning to catch out of the backfield. It MIGHT be our 25th pick but more likely it's early round 2.

    Manziel closed so strong, I really think McNair would love to keep him in Texas and sell out every game. We'd heard earlier in the season that Houston would take Manziel "anywhere, including #1," and now McNair is all but shopping the pick to the Browns. BUT... temper that with Alo telling me he doesn't seem like a Bill O'Brien kind of QB. O'Brien likes big guys so they could trade for Mallett or draft Bortles (maybe at 4).

    So the Browns might pick first overall... or fourth... and it could be Bridgewater or Manziel... but yeah, it's gonna be a QB.

  • I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Browns next draft pick will be a quarterback. It's a done deal. It's the whole reason they traded T-Rich when Weeden sucked, to have trade-up ammunition. We aren't drafting Sammy Watkins, who should get a 120 looks he can't get opposite an All Pro (Gordon).

    Yes, the Browns will add WRs, perhaps in the draft AND in free agency. It's not priority #1, especially with two Pro Bowl pass catchers and Dion Lewis returning to catch out of the backfield. It MIGHT be our 25th pick but more likely it's early round 2.

    Manziel closed so strong, I really think McNair would love to keep him in Texas and sell out every game. We'd heard earlier in the season that Houston would take Manziel "anywhere, including #1," and now McNair is all but shopping the pick to the Browns. BUT... temper that with Alo telling me he doesn't seem like a Bill O'Brien kind of QB. O'Brien likes big guys so they could trade for Mallett or draft Bortles (maybe at 4).

    So the Browns might pick first overall... or fourth... and it could be Bridgewater or Manziel... but yeah, it's gonna be a QB.

    @shep said:

    So the Browns might pick first overall... or fourth... and it could be Bridgewater or Manziel... but yeah, it's gonna be a QB.

    I understand - the front office wants their guy. But if either of those QB's are chosen by the Browns, the Factory of Sadness will continue. A fragile QB watching from the sideline on crutches or with an arm in a sling just wastes a premium draftpick.

    I'd rather get an elite player (Watkins) then a QB that "might" be good. We already have a QB that might be good - his name is Brian Hoyer. With both Gordon and Watkins as targets, and Cam Jordan and a decent pass-catching RB out of the backfield torturing linebackers, the NFL-quality offense we saw with Hoyer under center will be an exciting show playing every week.

  • ...Jordan Cameron.

  • Him too.

  • @shep said:

    So the Browns might pick first overall... or fourth... and it could be Bridgewater or Manziel... but yeah, it's gonna be a QB.

    I understand - the front office wants their guy. But if either of those QB's are chosen by the Browns, the Factory of Sadness will continue. A fragile QB watching from the sideline on crutches or with an arm in a sling just wastes a premium draftpick.

    I'd rather get an elite player (Watkins) then a QB that "might" be good. We already have a QB that might be good - his name is Brian Hoyer. With both Gordon and Watkins as targets, and Cam Jordan and a decent pass-catching RB out of the backfield torturing linebackers, the NFL-quality offense we saw with Hoyer under center will be an exciting show playing every week.

    @suomi said:

    I understand - the front office wants their guy. But if either of those QB's are chosen by the Browns, the Factory of Sadness will continue.

    I have to disagree, especially regarding Bridgewater because he has enough height to bulk up by 10-15 pounds to increase his ability to take hits. The kid has exemplary talent between his ears, he is the anti-Weeden, and the Browns will add at least four wins with that pick alone.