Skip to content

All-AFC North Team

The Browns Board
17 10 958
  • Bengals had 5 players on this list, Ravens also had 5, Steelers 6 and Browns 7

    Plus, Sorry, but Ward had a better year than Polamalu.

    (Edit: wait, I thought Polly was a SS, not a FS. WTF is up with that?)

    That, plus your list here just goes to show you what I have said: The Browns are far less than the sum of their parts.

    The talent on this team is rampant. It is there. (Sure, maybe The Schwartz didn't have a great year, but he has talent)

    And this list is probably Exhibit A on why Chudzinski is outta here.

    @the-gipper said:

    And this list is probably Exhibit A on why Chudzinski is outta here.

    The team had enough talent to be in the lead or tied for the lead in 10 out of 16 games. There are still holes but there is talent on this team.

  • The other major factor was the Browns QB situation.

  • Lots of talent on the team combined with only 4 wins and a record setting 7 losses in a row = New head coach

  • I feek like most of Schwartz's struggles came from having to compensate for the guards beside him. Once Cousins was replaced Schwartz looked a lot better.

  • http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns

    All-AFC North Offense
    WR A.J. Green Cincinnati Bengals
    WR Josh Gordon Cleveland Browns
    WR Antonio Brown Pittsburgh Steelers
    LT Joe Thomas Cleveland Browns
    LG Andrew Whitworth Cincinnati Bengals
    C Alex Mack Cleveland Browns
    RG David DeCastro Pittsburgh Steelers
    RT Mitchell Schwartz Cleveland Browns
    QB Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers
    TE Jordan Cameron Cleveland Browns
    RB Le'Veon Bell Pittsburgh Steelers
    All-AFC North Defense
    DE Michael Johnson Cincinnati Bengals
    DT Phil Taylor Cleveland Browns
    DT Arthur Jones Baltimore Ravens
    DE Carlos Dunlap Cincinnati Bengals
    OLB Jason Worilds Pittsburgh Steelers
    ILB Daryl Smith Baltimore Ravens
    ILB Vontaze Burfict Cincinnati Bengals
    OLB Terrell Suggs Baltimore Ravens
    CB Joe Haden Cleveland Browns
    CB Jimmy Smith Baltimore Ravens
    SS James Ihedigbo Baltimore Ravens
    FS Troy Polamalu Pittsburgh Steelers

    5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.

    Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.

    @gftchris said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns

    5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.

    Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

  • @gftchris said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns

    5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.

    Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

    Ravens5220 said:

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

    You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?

    I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.

    Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.

    Stay classy Raven fans.

  • Ravens5220 said:

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

    You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?

    I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.

    Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.

    Stay classy Raven fans.

    @bbedward said:

    You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?

    I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.

    Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.

    Stay classy Raven fans.

    I'm always classy. You didn't see me go overboard. I am just giving my opinion on a biased awful ALL-Division squad. That's all/

  • You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.

    That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.

  • You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.

    That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.

    @gftchris said:

    You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.

    That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.

    Ngata and Atkins are far superior to Taylor...that's simple. Also, Ihedigbo is not a thug, just a funny ass name and a special teamer.

  • @gftchris said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns

    5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.

    Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

    Ravens5220 said:

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

    More or less agree with you again. Yanda is proven. DeCastro, while quality, is still learning.

    Phil Taylor CAN wipe Ngatas behind.....they are close in talent, but I would give the edge to Ngata.

    But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.

  • Ravens5220 said:

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

    You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?

    I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.

    Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.

    Stay classy Raven fans.

    @bbedward said:

    You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?

    I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.

    Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.

    Stay classy Raven fans.

    You definitely have a point about Atkins. Not sure why this Dunlop guy is on this list. The DTs coulda been Atkins and Ngata instead of Taylor and Dunlop.

  • @gftchris said:

    You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.

    That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.

    Ngata and Atkins are far superior to Taylor...that's simple. Also, Ihedigbo is not a thug, just a funny ass name and a special teamer.

    Ravens5220 said:

    Ngata and Atkins are far superior to Taylor...that's simple. Also, Ihedigbo is not a thug, just a funny ass name and a special teamer.

    I agree with that. Taylor's kinda lazy.

    But this is just some ESPN guy's ill-informed opinion. No reason to really look into it with any insight.

  • Ravens5220 said:

    This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.

    Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.

    Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.

    I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.

    More or less agree with you again. Yanda is proven. DeCastro, while quality, is still learning.

    Phil Taylor CAN wipe Ngatas behind.....they are close in talent, but I would give the edge to Ngata.

    But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.

    @the-gipper said:

    But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.

    Polumalu is a FS, Ward is SS. They are the best 2 at their positions in the division... and, Phil Taylor is a monster. I only wish he would stay on the field more...

  • @the-gipper said:

    But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.

    Polumalu is a FS, Ward is SS. They are the best 2 at their positions in the division... and, Phil Taylor is a monster. I only wish he would stay on the field more...

    The lack of any Browns LBs on the team says all you need to know about our need to return to the 4-3...

    @thenew23 said:

    ... Phil Taylor is a monster. I only wish he would stay on the field more...

    Yup... Big Phil was lights out as a NT this year. The degree to which he embraced that role absolutely shocked me.

    I honestly would take him over Ngata or Atkins at NT... and I love Ngata... if for no other reason than the mid-air hit he put on RG3.

    As a 4-3 DT I take Geno over either of them and probably tab Haloti as my #2.

  • Schwartz hahaha he is awful