All-AFC North Team
-
The other major factor was the Browns QB situation.
-
I feek like most of Schwartz's struggles came from having to compensate for the guards beside him. Once Cousins was replaced Schwartz looked a lot better.
-
http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns
All-AFC North OffenseWR A.J. Green Cincinnati BengalsWR Josh Gordon Cleveland BrownsWR Antonio Brown Pittsburgh SteelersLT Joe Thomas Cleveland BrownsLG Andrew Whitworth Cincinnati BengalsC Alex Mack Cleveland BrownsRG David DeCastro Pittsburgh SteelersRT Mitchell Schwartz Cleveland BrownsQB Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh SteelersTE Jordan Cameron Cleveland BrownsRB Le'Veon Bell Pittsburgh SteelersAll-AFC North DefenseDE Michael Johnson Cincinnati BengalsDT Phil Taylor Cleveland BrownsDT Arthur Jones Baltimore RavensDE Carlos Dunlap Cincinnati BengalsOLB Jason Worilds Pittsburgh SteelersILB Daryl Smith Baltimore RavensILB Vontaze Burfict Cincinnati BengalsOLB Terrell Suggs Baltimore RavensCB Joe Haden Cleveland BrownsCB Jimmy Smith Baltimore RavensSS James Ihedigbo Baltimore RavensFS Troy Polamalu Pittsburgh Steelers5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.
Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.
http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns
5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.
Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
-
http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns
5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.
Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
Ravens5220 said:
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?
I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.
Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.
Stay classy Raven fans.
-
Ravens5220 said:
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?
I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.
Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.
Stay classy Raven fans.
You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?
I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.
Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.
Stay classy Raven fans.
I'm always classy. You didn't see me go overboard. I am just giving my opinion on a biased awful ALL-Division squad. That's all/
-
You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.
That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.
-
You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.
That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.
You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.
That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.
Ngata and Atkins are far superior to Taylor...that's simple. Also, Ihedigbo is not a thug, just a funny ass name and a special teamer.
-
http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/2952/all-afc-north-cleveland-browns
5 out of 11 players on O, 4 players you'd expect to be there plus Mitchell Schwartz - not convinced about that one.
Only two players on D though, which probably reflects the collapses of the D over the second half of games/the season. Did James Ihedigbo - he of Little-choking fame - play better than TJ Ward? I doubt it.
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
Ravens5220 said:
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
More or less agree with you again. Yanda is proven. DeCastro, while quality, is still learning.
Phil Taylor CAN wipe Ngatas behind.....they are close in talent, but I would give the edge to Ngata.
But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.
-
Ravens5220 said:
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?
I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.
Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.
Stay classy Raven fans.
You come in a month later on a browns forum just to be butt hurt over some ESPN blog post?
I don't think we really care about the ravens interior line personnel.
Besides, Geno Atkins is the #1 DT in the division.
Stay classy Raven fans.
You definitely have a point about Atkins. Not sure why this Dunlop guy is on this list. The DTs coulda been Atkins and Ngata instead of Taylor and Dunlop.
-
You think I made that team up? It's from the ESPN website, voted for by AFC north writers, followers of all teams.
That being said, I'll give you Taylor/Ngata/Atkins is a pretty tough call, and you could argue for any of them. Oh, and, Ihedigbo is a thug.
Ngata and Atkins are far superior to Taylor...that's simple. Also, Ihedigbo is not a thug, just a funny ass name and a special teamer.
Ravens5220 said:
Ngata and Atkins are far superior to Taylor...that's simple. Also, Ihedigbo is not a thug, just a funny ass name and a special teamer.
I agree with that. Taylor's kinda lazy.
But this is just some ESPN guy's ill-informed opinion. No reason to really look into it with any insight.
-
Ravens5220 said:
This is completely scewed and incorrect. First of all...Marshall Yanda should be the starting RG...he is vast superior to David freaking DeCastro LOL. Yanda is regarded as one of, if not the best RG in all of football who was once again a Pro Bowler...so there's that.
Secondly, Phil Taylor?! I mean I know you're a diehard Browns fan, but I think any smart person knows Phil Taylor cannot wipe Haloti Ngatas behind. With saying that, Ngata is your top DT and should be in there.
Also, James Ihedigbo...he doesn't belong in here. Lets be serious...hes a special teamer. period.
I agree with Cameron over Pitta and Heath Miller for sure.
More or less agree with you again. Yanda is proven. DeCastro, while quality, is still learning.
Phil Taylor CAN wipe Ngatas behind.....they are close in talent, but I would give the edge to Ngata.
But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.
But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.
Polumalu is a FS, Ward is SS. They are the best 2 at their positions in the division... and, Phil Taylor is a monster. I only wish he would stay on the field more...
-
But TJ Ward had a better year than Polomalu.
Polumalu is a FS, Ward is SS. They are the best 2 at their positions in the division... and, Phil Taylor is a monster. I only wish he would stay on the field more...
The lack of any Browns LBs on the team says all you need to know about our need to return to the 4-3...
... Phil Taylor is a monster. I only wish he would stay on the field more...
Yup... Big Phil was lights out as a NT this year. The degree to which he embraced that role absolutely shocked me.
I honestly would take him over Ngata or Atkins at NT... and I love Ngata... if for no other reason than the mid-air hit he put on RG3.
As a 4-3 DT I take Geno over either of them and probably tab Haloti as my #2.
-
Schwartz hahaha he is awful
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login