My take on the Head Coach search
-
A lot of fans of other teams say that but we've been run like a business for too long, every time we get close we auction off the players to the highest bidder.
Mind you that's probably a discussion for another forum lol
Well, if you will support the yids
I do think that selling Bale was the right move, though, AVB just tried to replace him too quickly with too many players that will need time to settle. Lamela already on his way out on loan?It'll be a cold day in hell before Zombo creates a soccer forum on this board!
Well, if you will support the yids
I do think that selling Bale was the right move, though, AVB just tried to replace him too quickly with too many players that will need time to settle. Lamela already on his way out on loan?It'll be a cold day in hell before Zombo creates a soccer forum on this board!
He has created a soccer thread in the Barber Shop section. So don't be surprised if these posts end up moved over there.
This is, after all a football forum, not a futbol forum.
-
You live in Birmingham Chris?
-
Zombo said:
Did you read about the Steeler fan that suing the league because his 8-8 team didn't make the playoffs?
Let's all be glad we aren't Steeler fans. Damn glad
Wow that's sad. You can't tell since the court documents are scanned in black and white, but they are probably wrote in crayon.
Good stuff from you too, Zombo.
Wow that's sad. You can't tell since the court documents are scanned in black and white, but they are probably wrote in crayon.
Good stuff from you too, Zombo.
I would say that this guy epitomizes the Pittsburgh Steeler fan base: A. He is in prison. B. He is borderline illiterate C. He is spoiled like a child C. He is ignorant of the fact that a dozen other calls in various games probably went the Steelers way to even get them into a position to being in contention. If he wants this call overturned, then they should overturn all the calls that went the Steelers way so that they would end up like 4-12....thus making his motion moot.
-
Is this where we have to repost Canton Mike's and Zombo's posts to
get back to the subject of the thread?
-
You live in Birmingham Chris?
You live in Birmingham Chris?
From Bedford - middle of nowhere in football terms - but moved to Birmingham to study so that I could get a season ticket. Now live in London (Bermondsey).
-
You live in Birmingham Chris?
From Bedford - middle of nowhere in football terms - but moved to Birmingham to study so that I could get a season ticket. Now live in London (Bermondsey).
-
-
I think its pretty clear Adam Gase is their first choice.
-
Soccer was called soccer in England up until about 1970.
Then, England switched to "football."
Fun fact: The 3rd place finisher at the very first World Cup, held in Uruguay in 1930, was the US.
-
I'm getting this very powerful James Franklin, Johnny Manziel, Jordan Matthews vibe lately. I think it would be received quite positively on the national level, actually.
I'm getting this very powerful James Franklin, Johnny Manziel, Jordan Matthews vibe lately. I think it would be received quite positively on the national level, actually.
And another vibe bites the dust...
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
All (Manziel) has to do is realize he can't take the hits and learn not to risk his health for 3 extra yards.
Yup... but to do that Manziel has to reign in his competitiveness...
@mike-h said:
Every QB is one hit from being on a stretcher. If that's the only concern you've got, then hop on the Johnny train. If you have an issue with his size and durability, you have to question Hoyers, who missed most of an NFL season already.
(Manziel) can also make more would-be tacklers miss than most.
IF he sees them... Manziel's issue is the frequency with which he puts himself in severe injury situations.
-
@mike-h said:
People said that when Chip Kelly passed on the Browns too. Gus wrote the book on uptempo offense
Literally.
Good read.
It's why I'm on the Gus Bus. He's adapted his to both the high school and college levels and found success. He's a coach who adapts his offense to his players skills, not the other way around.
-
-
Anyone who wants the job is fine with me. I will laugh if we don't have coach by Draft time. would not be surprised.
-
@mike-h said:
Could explain why McDaniels wasn't offered the job.
he was offered it, but turned it down.
YEP, that's how bad the state of affairs is in berea right now.
@mike-h said:
ok, they couldn't offer him the job because he is still in the midst of the playoffs. i thought it was a given that lombardi was pulling for mcdaniels, at least the was the consensus on this board.
-
man i'm just watching the seattle game, too bad we can't steal their GM away. now that's a guy that knows how to build a team.
-
Do not get any ideas mik in regards how an organization should be run!! Stay the course. lol
-
@mike-h said:
Lol are you serious? Playing football is putting yourself in severe injury position.
I can't do this anymore
Totally serious, Mike... but in retrospect I should have said "big hit situations".
It's the difference between running OB to avoid a hit and going for the extra yard and a half. It's cutting back inside against the grain versus going with flow of the D.
In short... it's the proverbial better part of valor.
Unlike Russell Wilson, to this point Johnny has shown competitiveness over self-preservation. Someday he may learn, but as of now that lesson in his future promises to be as painful as RG3's has been.
And I'm not sure that RG3 has learned it yet. I am sure that aggressive running was part of what made RG3 the rookie he was. Without that part of his game, will he ever rise to that level again?
-
Anyone who wants the job is fine with me. I will laugh if we don't have coach by Draft time. would not be surprised.
-
@mike-h said:
I think what you're trying to equate, RG3 + knee injury, is impossible to do when applying as a general assessment of players. Plenty of QBs run like Manziel in the NFL. Look at Kaep or Cam, running around, throwing at the last second before crossing the LOS and taking big hits. Injuries happen, especially to mobile QBs, but they happen to all QBs, I.e. Hoyer.
I've seen Russ take some monster shots. That argument holds little weight with me. To each his own.
so it's obviously you want us to pick one of the top 3 QB's in this draft.
so in your unbiased opinion, being the journalist that you are, which QB should we try and get?
-
@mike-h said:
I'm not done looking at Bortles and Manziel. Leaning towards Johnny.
everyone say he's the most nfl ready. let's just hope he hits the gym and puts on some weight. plus you might as well kiss some of the more important draft picks for this draft and next year's away.
IMO someone is going to fall to #4.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login