Skip to content

2004 vs. 2012

The Browns Board
21 5 825
  • 1983......vs.....2004

    1. John Elway vs. Eli Manning

    2. Todd Blackledge vs. Phillip Rivers

    3. Jim Kelly vs. Ben Roethlisberger

    4. Tony Eason vs. JP Losman

    5. Ken O'Brien vs. Matt Schaub Pretty even

    6. Dan Marino vs. Luke McCown

    7. Jeff Christensen vs. Craig Krenzel

    8. Reggie Collier vs. Andy Hall

    9. Babe Laufenberg vs. Josh Harris

    10. Garry Kubiak vs. Jim Sorgi

    11. Tom Ramsey vs Jeff Smoker

  • I think I am down pretty much with all of Zombos picks...though I think total career wise O'Brien may have done a bit better than Schaub....but, yes, it is pretty close. Actually, lets compare:

    O'Brien 129 games 110 starts. 50-59-1 record as starter. 2110/3602 58.6%. 25095 yards. 128 TDs. 3.6%. 98 Ints. 2.7%

    194.5 ypg, 80.9 rating

    Schaub 128 games 89 starts. 46-44 record as starter. 2035/3181 64%. 24254 yards. 130 TDs 4.1%. 84 Ints. 2.6% 189.5 ypg 89.8 rating

    Yea. It may be hard to find two more QBs almost as even in career stats. Of course Schaub is still playing and can add to his stats....but also note: Schaub played in much more QB friendly times.

  • I think I am down pretty much with all of Zombos picks...though I think total career wise O'Brien may have done a bit better than Schaub....but, yes, it is pretty close. Actually, lets compare:

    O'Brien 129 games 110 starts. 50-59-1 record as starter. 2110/3602 58.6%. 25095 yards. 128 TDs. 3.6%. 98 Ints. 2.7%

    194.5 ypg, 80.9 rating

    Schaub 128 games 89 starts. 46-44 record as starter. 2035/3181 64%. 24254 yards. 130 TDs 4.1%. 84 Ints. 2.6% 189.5 ypg 89.8 rating

    Yea. It may be hard to find two more QBs almost as even in career stats. Of course Schaub is still playing and can add to his stats....but also note: Schaub played in much more QB friendly times.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think I am down pretty much with all of Zombos picks...though I think total career wise O'Brien may have done a bit better than Schaub....but, yes, it is pretty close. Actually, lets compare:

    O'Brien 129 games 110 starts. 50-59-1 record as starter. 2110/3602 58.6%. 25095 yards. 128 TDs. 3.6%. 98 Ints. 2.7%

    194.5 ypg, 80.9 rating

    Schaub 128 games 89 starts. 46-44 record as starter. 2035/3181 64%. 24254 yards. 130 TDs 4.1%. 84 Ints. 2.6% 189.5 ypg 89.8 rating

    Yea. It may be hard to find two more QBs almost as even in career stats. Of course Schaub is still playing and can add to his stats....but also note: Schaub played in much more QB friendly times.

    That's why I gave him the edge. But he was so bad this year he may be backup somewhere next year.

    Zombo

  • I think the rapist is better then Jim Kelley. He is 2-1 in the superbowl and Kelley was 0-4

    Kelley played 11 years, rapist has 10 years, and their stats are almost identical.

  • I think the rapist is better then Jim Kelley. He is 2-1 in the superbowl and Kelley was 0-4

    Kelley played 11 years, rapist has 10 years, and their stats are almost identical.

    @browns149 said:

    I think the rapist is better then Jim Kelley. He is 2-1 in the superbowl and Kelley was 0-4

    Kelley played 11 years, rapist has 10 years, and their stats are almost identical.

    You forget that Kelly played like 4 years in the USFL. I know it does not count in any official stats.....but he played like hell in that league.

    If you were asking me which one I would choose right now if they were available in their prime, I would pick Kelly.

    (But that should by no means detract from BR)

  • @browns149 said:

    I think the rapist is better then Jim Kelley. He is 2-1 in the superbowl and Kelley was 0-4

    Kelley played 11 years, rapist has 10 years, and their stats are almost identical.

    You forget that Kelly played like 4 years in the USFL. I know it does not count in any official stats.....but he played like hell in that league.

    If you were asking me which one I would choose right now if they were available in their prime, I would pick Kelly.

    (But that should by no means detract from BR)

    @the-gipper said:

    You forget that Kelly played like 4 years in the USFL. I know it does not count in any official stats.....but he played like hell in that league.

    If you were asking me which one I would choose right now if they were available in their prime, I would pick Kelly.

    (But that should by no means detract from BR)

    he played 2 years in the USFL and yes he did play great in that league. He was MVP one of those years. But the rapist is still better IMO. The superbowl games, IMO, is what makes the rapist better. He won the big game 2 times and Kelley couldn't even win it once in 4 tries.

  • I don't think BR won anything. I'd put it more on their defense and Pollypocket than Ben. I'm not sure but, I even think the fact that the Steelers actually should have won either of those games is still debatable... lol

    Fuck Ben Rottenfrankfarter

  • @the-gipper said:

    You forget that Kelly played like 4 years in the USFL. I know it does not count in any official stats.....but he played like hell in that league.

    If you were asking me which one I would choose right now if they were available in their prime, I would pick Kelly.

    (But that should by no means detract from BR)

    he played 2 years in the USFL and yes he did play great in that league. He was MVP one of those years. But the rapist is still better IMO. The superbowl games, IMO, is what makes the rapist better. He won the big game 2 times and Kelley couldn't even win it once in 4 tries.

    @browns149 said:

    he played 2 years in the USFL and yes he did play great in that league. He was MVP one of those years. But the rapist is still better IMO. The superbowl games, IMO, is what makes the rapist better. He won the big game 2 times and Kelley couldn't even win it once in 4 tries.

    Sorry......he played the worst game of any winning QB ever in SB history in that 2005 game. His defense and his running game won that in spite of him rather than because of him. And sorry again, BR never came up against the powerhouse teams that Kelly did in the SB: those 49er/Cowboy/Redskin teams Kelly faced would have smashed BRs Steeler teams in my opinion.

    Edit: Kelly had 9842 yards and 83 TDs in his 2 years in the NFL. For what that is worth.

  • Rottburger only played well in one of those Super Bowls.

    Plus he only made it three times ... Kelly made it four.

    And Kelly was the Bills, Ben had a great defense.

    Zombo

  • I don't think BR won anything. I'd put it more on their defense and Pollypocket than Ben. I'm not sure but, I even think the fact that the Steelers actually should have won either of those games is still debatable... lol

    Fuck Ben Rottenfrankfarter

    @poeticg said:

    I don't think BR won anything. I'd put it more on their defense and Pollypocket than Ben. I'm not sure but, I even think the fact that the Steelers actually should have won either of those games is still debatable... lol

    Fuck Ben Rottenfrankfarter

    BR was a major contributor in the win vs. the Cardinals. So I give him credit for that. But, being an overall better QB than Jim Kelly?

    I personally don't think so.

  • Rottburger only played well in one of those Super Bowls.

    Plus he only made it three times ... Kelly made it four.

    And Kelly was the Bills, Ben had a great defense.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Rottburger only played well in one of those Super Bowls.

    Plus he only made it three times ... Kelly made it four.

    And Kelly was the Bills, Ben had a great defense.

    Zombo

    Kelly was not the bills. Big Ben may not have played well in the superbowls but the dude was money in the playoffs leading up to them, as was Kelly.

  • Various sources best 12 QBs of all time:

    Men's Health: 1. Montana 2. Peyton 3. Brady 4. Unitas 5. Elway 6. Marion 7. Graham 8. Favre 9. Young 10. Baugh 11. Bradshaw 12. Starr

    KC Star: 1. Unitas 2. Montana 3. Elway 4. Graham 5. Brady 6. Peyton 7. Favre 8. Baugh 9. Staubach 10. Bradshaw 11. Starr 12. Marino

  • Zombo said:

    Rottburger only played well in one of those Super Bowls.

    Plus he only made it three times ... Kelly made it four.

    And Kelly was the Bills, Ben had a great defense.

    Zombo

    Kelly was not the bills. Big Ben may not have played well in the superbowls but the dude was money in the playoffs leading up to them, as was Kelly.

    @cdl15 said:

    Kelly was not the bills.

    Well, their passing game was a big part of who they were. I know Pittsburgh almost always had the #1 running game and #1 defense (or close) the years that went all the way. Just saying ... I think Kelly shade bigger part of Bills success versus Bens with Stillers.

    Zombo

  • Rottburger only played well in one of those Super Bowls.

    Plus he only made it three times ... Kelly made it four.

    And Kelly was the Bills, Ben had a great defense.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Rottburger only played well in one of those Super Bowls.

    Plus he only made it three times ... Kelly made it four.

    And Kelly was the Bills, Ben had a great defense.

    Zombo

    1990 Bills were 6th in defense.and Bruce Smith was def MVP. 1993 they were 5th in defense.

    They also had a Hall of Fame running back in Thurman Thomas

    I would take a QB that was 2-1 in superbowls over a guy that's 0-4

  • @cdl15 said:

    Kelly was not the bills.

    Well, their passing game was a big part of who they were. I know Pittsburgh almost always had the #1 running game and #1 defense (or close) the years that went all the way. Just saying ... I think Kelly shade bigger part of Bills success versus Bens with Stillers.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Well, their passing game was a big part of who they were. I know Pittsburgh almost always had the #1 running game and #1 defense (or close) the years that went all the way. Just saying ... I think Kelly shade bigger part of Bills success versus Bens with Stillers.

    Zombo

    The Bills had a Hall of Fame rb in Thurman Thomas, and they also had a top 10 defense in 2 of those superbowl years And yet Kelley was 0-4

  • @browns149 said:

    he played 2 years in the USFL and yes he did play great in that league. He was MVP one of those years. But the rapist is still better IMO. The superbowl games, IMO, is what makes the rapist better. He won the big game 2 times and Kelley couldn't even win it once in 4 tries.

    Sorry......he played the worst game of any winning QB ever in SB history in that 2005 game. His defense and his running game won that in spite of him rather than because of him. And sorry again, BR never came up against the powerhouse teams that Kelly did in the SB: those 49er/Cowboy/Redskin teams Kelly faced would have smashed BRs Steeler teams in my opinion.

    Edit: Kelly had 9842 yards and 83 TDs in his 2 years in the NFL. For what that is worth.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry......he played the worst game of any winning QB ever in SB history in that 2005 game. His defense and his running game won that in spite of him rather than because of him. And sorry again, BR never came up against the powerhouse teams that Kelly did in the SB: those 49er/Cowboy/Redskin teams Kelly faced would have smashed BRs Steeler teams in my opinion.

    Edit: Kelly had 9842 yards and 83 TDs in his 2 years in the NFL. For what that is worth.

    The Bills never faced the 49ers. They lost to Dallas twice, NYG once and Wash once. The skins had Mark Rypien at QB. The NYG had Hostetler at QB. and Kelley couldn't beat those scrubs

  • I can argue all day against Roethlisberger ... because he plays for the Steelers.

    Zombo

    --Don't make me do the work