Skip to content

Who is the number one player you want in the 2014 draft?

The Browns Board
135 30 3.9k
  • Well, let's see. Colt is about to be in a conference championship and the primary backup to a scrambling QB, that speaks for itself. I'm just waiting for Collin K to go down so I can feed your ass raw crow.

    And as far as I'm concerned, as for TR, nothing has changed for me. The trade of Richardson was a joke and a big reason for us going 5-11. I don't care what anybody says. The offseason will be huge for Trent to get his bearings in Indy. He'll be fine. Had he still been in Cleveland he'd probably be going with Haden and Gordon to a probowl.

    Nobody cared or gave a fuck about your 'opinion' about Trent after his Rookie year. Cleveland loved Trent, by the way, that's a fact. Maybe if your ass knew anything you would know when to shut the fuck up. There were a lot of angry people about Trent being traded. So stick it up your ass you greater-than-thou, know-it-all, "my opinion is fact" pompous jackass.





    After Trent's rookie year where the fuck were you? Oh that's right, hanging from his nutsack.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @poeticg said:

    The offseason will be huge for Trent to get his bearings in Indy. He'll be fine. Had he still been in Cleveland he'd probably be going with Haden and Gordon to a probowl.

    You are truly delusional. He gained 105 yards in two games for the Browns this season which means he would've been around 850 for the season had he stayed. Hardly pro bowl numbers for a running back.

    How long will it take Trent to "get his bearings" in Indy??? He played 16 fucking games for them this year. You realize that's equal to an entire football season right? You also realize that he got WORSE as the season went on. 25 yards the last week of the season and a Pro Bowl/Hall of Fame like 4 carries for 1 yard in the playoffs.

    So again...if you who think that Colt McCoy and Trent Richardson are star players in this league are backing David Carr, I can't be any more out on the guy because you know absolutely nothing about football.

  • I was just comparing, fuck Bradford. Colt McCoy is a better QB by far. I wanted us to draft Colt when everybody was clamoring over Bradfraud pre-combine/draft.

    Colt should have been given more time, as should Mangini, as should Trent, as should Chud, as should........fuck it.

    Like who you like and I'll continue to like who I like. I see the clouds parting over Derek Carr, it's that simple.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @poeticg said:

    I was just comparing, fuck Bradford. Colt McCoy is a better QB by far. I wanted us to draft Colt when everybody was clamoring over Bradfraud pre-combine/draft.

    There isn't one person who works in an NFL front office who agrees with you. If Bradford was offered in a trade tomorrow there would be half a dozen teams AT LEAST getting in line to trade for him. Colt was offered to the whole damn league and we managed a 6th round pick for him.

    I'd trade Hoyer/Weeden and Campbell all to the Rams if they want to send us Bradford.

  • What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @jeffinwv said:

    What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

  • @jeffinwv said:

    What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @jcam222 said:

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    Or what about Aaron Murray from Georgia in the late rounds?

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.

    Winston and Mariota, as well as Hundley make the 2015 class better than this one, probably. But do you tank a season for one of those guys? If they wanted to tank, they'd have kept Chud - no point letting him go if they wanted to tank a season. I think they're all in on a QB this year.

    Yes, a QB is necessary - a reasonable one will get you to the playoffs, but no further. See Dalton, Schaub, Cutler and all the rest.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @gftchris said:

    Winston and Mariota, as well as Hundley make the 2015 class better than this one, probably. But do you tank a season for one of those guys? If they wanted to tank, they'd have kept Chud - no point letting him go if they wanted to tank a season. I think they're all in on a QB this year.

    Yes, a QB is necessary - a reasonable one will get you to the playoffs, but no further. See Dalton, Schaub, Cutler and all the rest.

    thank you. thank you. thank you.

    a guy raised on soccer knows more that half our fan base.

  • @jeffinwv said:

    What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @jcam222 said:

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    yes WE are in the minority.

  • @jeffinwv said:

    What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @jcam222 said:

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    What do you consider reaching?
  • @jcam222 said:

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    What do you consider reaching?
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #60

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    What do you consider reaching?

    i consider reaching our second first and a third rounder. that means we got one pick in the second to pick up a WR RB or CB then another in the third to get what? i mean the talent is in the first 2 rounds and none of these QBs coming out is worth trading our most valuable picks to jump up one spot ala TR or even worse what the skins did to get RG3.

    stand pat @4 and we should land one of the guys. i've just looked over a bunch of mock drafts on different sites and they have us taking everyone from robinson the guard to barr the linebacker to bortles or manziel and 3 sites had us picking carr.

    so what do i or you or anyone know.

    oh and the bullshit line "it's a passing league now". oh yeah, do you know out of all the playoff games combined they had more rushes for more yards than passing attempts and yardage. so put that in your pipe and smoke it. yes it had to do with the conditions in december and january. what do you think the conditions would be like in brown's stadium if god forbid we had a home playoff game?

    just saying.

  • @jcam222 said:

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    What do you consider reaching?
    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    What do you consider reaching?

    My opinion is that taking any of the QB's in this class in the top 5 is a reach. It is obviously just and opinion but it is mine. i do not think any of them will prove to be elite talents in the NFL. I do believe there are prospects to take in the lower 1st to mid 2nd round who are solid risks while landing a surefire athlete at the number 4 pick.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Mike H, I'm sorry but you've obviously mistaken me for somebody who gives a fuck. You are an idiot, keep trying though, maybe someday you'll say something intelligent. How did you even get in here, did someone leave your cage open again. Go back to your fucking bridge you troll motherfucker, don't you have some goats to chase down and fuck?

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    What do you consider reaching?

    My opinion is that taking any of the QB's in this class in the top 5 is a reach. It is obviously just and opinion but it is mine. i do not think any of them will prove to be elite talents in the NFL. I do believe there are prospects to take in the lower 1st to mid 2nd round who are solid risks while landing a surefire athlete at the number 4 pick.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @jcam222 said:

    My opinion is that taking any of the QB's in this class in the top 5 is a reach. It is obviously just and opinion but it is mine. i do not think any of them will prove to be elite talents in the NFL. I do believe there are prospects to take in the lower 1st to mid 2nd round who are solid risks while landing a surefire athlete at the number 4 pick.

    I get what youre sayin. Id give em all B+ grades that should go lower. But the problem is, they are the best of the bunch. A guys value is only what teams are willing to spend on em. If we pass on any of the 3 at 4 they'll all be gone by the time Minnesota comes around. There are a lot of QB needy teams. So now you get down to 26 and maybe Carr's got a mid second grade, and miraculously hes still there, because every other team that hasn't got one knows we need one, do you reach there? You keep hoping the guy you want falls to you. I say go get your guy.
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #64

    As for the draft, again, I would go with Carr if we take a QB. Watkins if we take a skill player and Clowney if we defense first. I don't think we should go D first but Clowney could be the piece that really sets our defense up for top 5 status.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    What do you consider reaching?

    My opinion is that taking any of the QB's in this class in the top 5 is a reach. It is obviously just and opinion but it is mine. i do not think any of them will prove to be elite talents in the NFL. I do believe there are prospects to take in the lower 1st to mid 2nd round who are solid risks while landing a surefire athlete at the number 4 pick.

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @jcam222 said:

    My opinion is that taking any of the QB's in this class in the top 5 is a reach. It is obviously just and opinion but it is mine. i do not think any of them will prove to be elite talents in the NFL. I do believe there are prospects to take in the lower 1st to mid 2nd round who are solid risks while landing a surefire athlete at the number 4 pick.

    A surefire athlete won't excite the fanbase. The Browns fans are teetering on the brink of not giving a shit. The fans under 30 really don't bleed orange and brown because they've never been part of a winning team, and many of the older ones have about had it. This FO needs to give the fans a

    reason to care, whether with a coach, or players that can fill seats and excite the base. They have to address the QB situation this year, and the folks need to know that it's not hopeless.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    What do you consider reaching?

    i consider reaching our second first and a third rounder. that means we got one pick in the second to pick up a WR RB or CB then another in the third to get what? i mean the talent is in the first 2 rounds and none of these QBs coming out is worth trading our most valuable picks to jump up one spot ala TR or even worse what the skins did to get RG3.

    stand pat @4 and we should land one of the guys. i've just looked over a bunch of mock drafts on different sites and they have us taking everyone from robinson the guard to barr the linebacker to bortles or manziel and 3 sites had us picking carr.

    so what do i or you or anyone know.

    oh and the bullshit line "it's a passing league now". oh yeah, do you know out of all the playoff games combined they had more rushes for more yards than passing attempts and yardage. so put that in your pipe and smoke it. yes it had to do with the conditions in december and january. what do you think the conditions would be like in brown's stadium if god forbid we had a home playoff game?

    just saying.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @miktoxic said:

    i consider reaching our second first and a third rounder. that means we got one pick in the second to pick up a WR RB or CB then another in the third to get what? i mean the talent is in the first 2 rounds and none of these QBs coming out is worth trading our most valuable picks to jump up one spot ala TR or even worse what the skins did to get RG3.

    stand pat @4 and we should land one of the guys. i've just looked over a bunch of mock drafts on different sites and they have us taking everyone from robinson the guard to barr the linebacker to bortles or manziel and 3 sites had us picking carr.

    so what do i or you or anyone know.

    oh and the bullshit line "it's a passing league now". oh yeah, do you know out of all the playoff games combined they had more rushes for more yards than passing attempts and yardage. so put that in your pipe and smoke it. yes it had to do with the conditions in december and january. what do you think the conditions would be like in brown's stadium if god forbid we had a home playoff game?

    just saying.

    I agree 100% on being able to run the ball. We need a RB a real FB and a real G. I Pray we get Asamoah (which we won't) or draft a g 26 or in the second. But them QB's left aint too shabby either.
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #67

    What the fuck does Trent Richardson have to do with this?

    Am I saying ANYTHING about the runningback position at all?

    You can say Trent Richardson all you want, the fact remains, I called the pick so fuck off. That was 2 years ago, let it go little man... let it go... You like to act like I'm the only person that liked the guy. You act like your wife was one of the hoes he fucked in that video, bitter and angry at the guy for no reason.

    This is about who you would take, I don't even know who you selected because all you do is talk shit. Who did you pick?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #68

    You still haven't said who you'd take... but I'm gonna bet money that it's Bridgewater. - You're so predictable, picking a player based on your birthplace... 😉

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @mike-h said:

    It depends who I'd take. I'm not 100% but I picked Manziel on the poll. It's January, I'm still watching games.

    Now, was that so hard? I actually figured you for Manziel but Bridgewater went with my troll dig. Anyways, I liked Manziel as well, up until this past weekend, I read up on Carr and I have a good feeling about this guy.

    I get it, Manziel is the flashier pick. I wouldn't mind Manziel really. I actually wouldn't mind any Qb, as long as his name isn't Weeden I'm golden.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @mike-h said:

    What are your credentials to give anyone a B+ grade, and how did you come up with that ranking?

    Both Bridgewater and Manziel have gotten higher marks from experts.

    Whoa buddy...we need credentials to strap grades on prospects on the Browns Board? What credentials do you have to ask me for credentials? I came up with it through pros and cons of each one and Ive seen em all play multiple times. Ive read others opinions on em and I was really just generalizing the grades to get my point across.
  • @mike-h said:

    It depends who I'd take. I'm not 100% but I picked Manziel on the poll. It's January, I'm still watching games.

    Now, was that so hard? I actually figured you for Manziel but Bridgewater went with my troll dig. Anyways, I liked Manziel as well, up until this past weekend, I read up on Carr and I have a good feeling about this guy.

    I get it, Manziel is the flashier pick. I wouldn't mind Manziel really. I actually wouldn't mind any Qb, as long as his name isn't Weeden I'm golden.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @poeticg said:

    Now, was that so hard? I actually figured you for Manziel but Bridgewater went with my troll dig. Anyways, I liked Manziel as well, up until this past weekend, I read up on Carr and I have a good feeling about this guy.

    I get it, Manziel is the flashier pick. I wouldn't mind Manziel really. I actually wouldn't mind any Qb, as long as his name isn't Weeden I'm golden.

    Carr really scares me with his Weedenitis.
  • @jeffinwv said:

    What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #72

    @jcam222 said:

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    I'll take a "sure thing" wr over a maybe qb @ #4 anytime. Watkins is the best coming out since AJ Green, if you're counting regular draft. We got lucky with Gordon.

    @cuwoohio said:

    A surefire athlete won't excite the fanbase. The Browns fans are teetering on the brink of not giving a shit. The fans under 30 really don't bleed orange and brown because they've never been part of a winning team, and many of the older ones have about had it. This FO needs to give the fans a

    reason to care, whether with a coach, or players that can fill seats and excite the base. They have to address the QB situation this year, and the folks need to know that it's not hopeless.

    It's hopeless. The Stooges are going to get a third tier- at best HC to run the show. If they think Johnny Football is going to excite the fan base, they're dead wrong- as usual. Another Holmgren\Heckert desperation Richardson\Weeden move redux. I won't be buying it, and I'll bet a lot of the other season ticket holders will see it for exactly what it is- a publicity stunt.

    @mike-h said:

    "Johnny is the next RG3 on rehab"

    Is everyone taking crazy pills? He is bigger than Russel Wilson, and isn't a twig.

    You guys, man, use some of the dumbest reasons to "evaluate" players.

    Three dings for Manziel and you're out pal. Agreed, they could be inconsequential- Thomas & Munoz have\had stayed healthy in the pros despite torn ACLs in college. However, it's a major, major concern- at least in my book- and plenty of other scouts with more cred than me. So are his off- field antics, Marino was a Party Hardy, but go try finding another example.

    BTW, you haven't said relative jack about the other qbs- or you letting your love affair with Johnny Football color your vision?

    I'll pull one out of Shep's book. One of the best predictors of NFL success is the # of games a qb has started in college. Admittedly, it's not foolproof (McCoy), but it does hold for guys like the Mannings, Brees, and Rodgers. Johnny Football doesn't rate.