Who is the number one player you want in the 2014 draft?
-
The "Cleveland Browns' Coaching Search Across America" has come to it's dramatic conclusion! Out of all the qualified candidates that were screened and interviewed extensively, they F.O. now in place, decided that no candidate had the passion nor dedication, the love nor the willpower to see this thing through as a true fan of the Cleveland Browns would.
A random drawing pulls your name from the hat. You are the new Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns!! You are called into a meeting with Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi, Jimmy Haslam will meet with you personally later in the week, there is a pressing legal matter he is attending to at the moment. Banner welcomes you and gives you the assurances that this is all real- and they are comfortable going into the future with you as the coach. He assures you all the tutoring and mentoring that you can handle, he will provide any and all accommodations that you may need.
He leads you to the film room and gives you the tape of the 32 best young hopefuls about to embark on the journey of a lifetime. He gives you the tapes, the clicker and the keys to the stadium. All he asks is for you to make the call on who you want from this draft. The ONE player that will change the fortunes to the Cleveland Browns forever.
You are reminded that draft position, while currently we hold the fourth pick overall, no expense will be withheld to grant you the player that brings this team success. Any and all players are available. Maybe, it's not a player listed above, maybe it's an obscure player that you've been watching for quite some time, their pure drive and passion for the game rivals that of a Tom Brady and they will prove the nay-sayers wrong and become the biggest success from this draft class in hindsight.
Joe Banner leaves the room as Lombardi disappears into a hidden passageway through a convincing-looking bookshelf that holds riskay photographs of Bill Belichick, obviously photoshopped. This whole day has been a whirlwind of activity, meetings and interviews. Finally, alone with a full bar and unlimited room-service, the world is your oyster and the Cleveland Browns your cherished plaything. You look toward the stack of well put together video tapes of the top prospect in the country...
Who's tape do you grab first?
-
OMG.............
-
Derek Carr has the best arm of any quarterback in this class and has the ability the make any throw. His footwork could use improvement but he reads defenses and adjusts to pressure. He has great athleticism and can elude pass rushers. He's big enough that he can take the hits and get back up.
-
Derek Carr has the best arm of any quarterback in this class and has the ability the make any throw. His footwork could use improvement but he reads defenses and adjusts to pressure. He has great athleticism and can elude pass rushers. He's big enough that he can take the hits and get back up.
Derek Carr has the best arm of any quarterback in this class and has the ability the make any throw. His footwork could use improvement but he reads defenses and adjusts to pressure. He has great athleticism and can elude pass rushers. He's big enough that he can take the hits and get back up.
So he's the Trent Richardson of quarterbacks?
Z
-
LOL - I think he's going to be the real deal. I like what Carr can bring to the table. He's young and can learn from Hoyer, who learned from Tom Brady. I think that Carr could be the best QB from this draft. I think he's the safest QB to take.
Derek Carr = Aaron Rodgers.
-
You forgot to add in your poll whether Banner and/or Lombardi should be gone. If they stay, they'll do what they want to do, hire & draft who they want, & we Fans will have to live with what they've done. What I wonder is WHO'S going to coach whatever draft pick we get? That could actually be a pretty damned amusing sideshow. We'll see.
Mike
-
-
LOL - I think he's going to be the real deal. I like what Carr can bring to the table. He's young and can learn from Hoyer, who learned from Tom Brady. I think that Carr could be the best QB from this draft. I think he's the safest QB to take.
Derek Carr = Aaron Rodgers.
LOL - I think he's going to be the real deal. I like what Carr can bring to the table. He's young and can learn from Hoyer, who learned from Tom Brady. I think that Carr could be the best QB from this draft. I think he's the safest QB to take.
Derek Carr = Aaron Rodgers.
It's official...I am now 1000000000000% anti Derek Carr. If the guy who still thinks Trent Richardson is a quality running back and longs for the day of Colt McNoodle as our starting QB is in Camp Carr, I'm totally out on him.
-
believe it or not, 60% of the 2014 mock drafts have us choosing derek carr.
guess they don't realize haslam likes country boys and not preps.
-
Derek Carr has the best arm of any quarterback in this class and has the ability the make any throw. His footwork could use improvement but he reads defenses and adjusts to pressure. He has great athleticism and can elude pass rushers. He's big enough that he can take the hits and get back up.
his last name is Carr and like big bro he crumbles under pressure. He is a project and I think will amount to about what Kevin kolb is at best at worst b wee den. The safest pick for a chise qb is teddy b. the guy can make all the throws and is the smartest of the whole bunch. Manziel is intriguing but you rolls the dice on this guys character. I think Johnny will be the best of the bunch If he stays out of trouble but we can't afford to roll the dice on that.Derek Carr has the best arm of any quarterback in this class and has the ability the make any throw. His footwork could use improvement but he reads defenses and adjusts to pressure. He has great athleticism and can elude pass rushers. He's big enough that he can take the hits and get back up.
-
LOL - I think he's going to be the real deal. I like what Carr can bring to the table. He's young and can learn from Hoyer, who learned from Tom Brady. I think that Carr could be the best QB from this draft. I think he's the safest QB to take.
Derek Carr = Aaron Rodgers.
It's official...I am now 1000000000000% anti Derek Carr. If the guy who still thinks Trent Richardson is a quality running back and longs for the day of Colt McNoodle as our starting QB is in Camp Carr, I'm totally out on him.
-
You forgot to add in your poll whether Banner and/or Lombardi should be gone. If they stay, they'll do what they want to do, hire & draft who they want, & we Fans will have to live with what they've done. What I wonder is WHO'S going to coach whatever draft pick we get? That could actually be a pretty damned amusing sideshow. We'll see.
Mike
You forgot to add in your poll whether Banner and/or Lombardi should be gone. If they stay, they'll do what they want to do, hire & draft who they want, & we Fans will have to live with what they've done. What I wonder is WHO'S going to coach whatever draft pick we get? That could actually be a pretty damned amusing sideshow. We'll see.
Mike
It depends on who had the final say in firing Chud. If it was Haslam, he's an impatient asshole, and if Banner, he's an overconfident asshole who thinks he's so great at coaching evaluation he can pull a young Andy Reid out of his ass. Sideshow? It's a freaking three ring circus, and it's not very amusing.
-
Derek Carr - and while we're at it, Mettenburger - both would be just Weeden 2.0. Plus, he's not exactly huge, he's smaller and slower than Bortles. I'm on board with any of Bortles, Manziel or Bridgewater.
I'd keep Horton and Turner, but I doubt that'll happen.
-
What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?
-
What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?
Yes I think everyone remembers. Remember yourself that Watkins is one of the best receivers to come out in a long long time. None of these quarterbacks would probably crack the top ten in a stronger quarterback draft. And there are four or five of them to split up the vote.What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?
WSS
-
I didn't want to pick Watkins because he beat my Buckeyes, but why not Watkins and maybe grab Boyd to throw to him. Still would want to see Hoyer thowing to him this year though and if Hoyer fails let Boyd start the next year. If Hoyer does good then let them battle it out . Glad i'm not the guy who has to make the picks this year, they'll have alot of mad fans if they make the wrong picks. I don't care who they pick for the record, just hope they get it right... for once. I swear it seems the Browns scouts are as clueless as me about this shit.
-
What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?
What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?
I voted for Watkins, only because I think its a "safe" pick. I'm not enamored with any of these QB prospects (Manziel did impress me in his bowl game). Plus, I don't trust Gordon to stay clean.
Hell, I'd take a chance on Grappollo or Kenny Guiton later in the draft, and get Watkins (if he's there) early, then get an impact-making MLB at 26. Shore up the O-line if that doesn't work out.
We have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds; 5 players in about 120 picks. We have a great chance to fill holes, we can't blow it again.
-
I'd take Watkins over the QB's in this draft.
As much as I'd like to hope that Johnny would come in and light it up, I feel like he is the next RGIII on constant rehab.
I feel like Hoyer has just as good of/ maybe better chance to come in and play solid as any of these rookies would.
Watkins, Gordon, and Cameron plus a solid running game.... I think Hoyer takes the helm with that crew and wins alot of games.
-
-
@mike-h said:
"Johnny is the next RG3 on rehab"
Is everyone taking crazy pills? He is bigger than Russel Wilson, and isn't a twig.
You guys, man, use some of the dumbest reasons to "evaluate" players.
Nah, just watch him dive HEAD first on every highlight reel.
Russel Wilson has Lynch to run for him. Browns have _______?
Russel Wilson wasn't a top ten pick. If Johnny was in the third round, he'd be a no brainer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login