Texans to take Clowney?
-
Which, I forgot to add, would make that number 2 spot quite attractive for teams looking to get Teddy B.
-
I could see them taking Clowney if they felt that Schaub could bounce back. Before his melt down this year he was a decent QB.
-
While it could be scary as hell, and opposite JJ I would have zero motivational concerns for Clowney (JJ would kick his ass if he loafed), I can't see the Texans passing on a QB... and I think the one they want is Manziel.
So the trick for them is how do they trade down and still get their guy?
-
They should, he's the best player in the draft
-
I could see them taking Clowney if they felt that Schaub could bounce back. Before his melt down this year he was a decent QB.
I could see them taking Clowney if they felt that Schaub could bounce back. Before his melt down this year he was a decent QB.
Or, perhaps, they are enamored enough with Case Keesum to give him the starting job.......and that their evaluation of this year's QB crop is subdued.
Is it possible that they may think that Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles etc. would not be an upgrade over either Keesum or Schaub?
-
Maybe they could see Carr as an option and try to trade up in to the first to take him.
-
Johnny Manziel No. 1 overall? That's what @MelKiperESPN says in his 1st Mock Draft of 2014: http://es.pn/1aGkC6V pic.twitter.com/trEQILDbdz
-
Maybe they could see Carr as an option and try to trade up in to the first to take him.
I bet hell will freeze over before they take another Carr.
The Rams will probably try and trade down a few picks too so someone else could grab a QB if they think Jake Matthews will still drop to them.
-
-
Well if Kiper says Manziel is going No. 1, that pretty much seals it that he will fall to us at 4.
-
kiper has whiffed on so many picks, the wind from all those whiffs has made his hair gel turn into plastic.
-
I could see them taking Clowney if they felt that Schaub could bounce back. Before his melt down this year he was a decent QB.
Or, perhaps, they are enamored enough with Case Keesum to give him the starting job.......and that their evaluation of this year's QB crop is subdued.
Is it possible that they may think that Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles etc. would not be an upgrade over either Keesum or Schaub?
Maybe it's Kiper's year... I mean... I agree with him (sort of) so he has that going for him...

Or, perhaps, they are enamored enough with Case Keesum to give him the starting job.......and that their evaluation of this year's QB crop is subdued.
Is it possible that they may think that Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles etc. would not be an upgrade over either Keesum or Schaub?
That's be Case Keenum and no, they are not that enamored by him... or Schaub... or TJ Yates...
I think they really want Manziel, but (as I said above) not at #1.
-
kiper has whiffed on so many picks, the wind from all those whiffs has made his hair gel turn into plastic.
-
Texans run the 3-4 right? WOuld be interesting to know where they feel Clowney would fit best. As the other 3-4 DE opposite Watt or as the Hybrid? I'd put him in the Hybrid cause he's athletic enough and we all know he can up and put his hand in the dirt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login