Skip to content

A Different Opinion on the Browns coaching search

The Browns Board
67 27 2.6k
  • Zombo said:

    How convenient. They both want to win a game 3:00 Sunday.

    Mano y mano. I guess we shall see how it goes.

    Zombo

    **For the record, Denver was 31st in pass offense the year before Manning ... #1 Now.

    ***Also for the record, that "flop" Belichick started off slow, but he had the Browns in the playoffs at 11-5 the year before Art pulled the rug. He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

    BB had one winning season with the Browns...and 4 losing seasons with Bernie and Vinny.

    Montana won with both Walsh and Seifert....and had another good chance with Marty. So I am still inclined to put him in there

    Plus, lets put it this way: If you took Otto Graham and Joe Montana and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Johnny Unitas and said scramble these up any way you like, I think I would be eating some really good eggs.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @the-gipper said:

    BB had one winning season with the Browns...and 4 losing seasons with Bernie and Vinny.

    Montana won with both Walsh and Seifert....and had another good chance with Marty. So I am still inclined to put him in there

    Plus, lets put it this way: If you took Otto Graham and Joe Montana and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Johnny Unitas and said scramble these up any way you like, I think I would be eating some really good eggs.

    I think Bellichik is a good coach. It's too hard to say otherwise.

    New England also has a knack for taking high risk players and settling them down. Like, Blount for example. Bellichik definitely has something to do with that.

  • @brownb499 said:

    This is my guess of the whole Gase situation

    Sometime during the season Haslam lost all confidence in Chuds ability to turn this thing around...for arguments sake let's say it was the Jet's game...Sitting in his office pissed off watching the Broncos game(They played every single day on national TV this season....well it seemed like it!)

    He says to himself "Hey I know Peyton,I'll just ring him and see how he likes this kid that's coaching him"

    Peyton ofcourse blows smoke right up Jimmys ass thinking Haslam's looking for a new OC...not HC

    And there's no way this kids leaving as Denver's OC to become the Browns OC

    Jimmy then meets with Banner and tells him "We're firing Chud the dud cause I found me a real coach"

    Problem is Manning now realizes what JH is up to and Peyton has something a little more important going on right now(Like winning a super bowl and claiming his place as the best there ever was)

    So Peyton has now circled the wagons in Denver and won't let any distraction in until "Mission is Accomplished"

    I just don't believe Gase has any intention of leaving the job he has...right now JMO

    Only one flaw in your commentary.....even if Peyton wins he will not be considered the best there ever was. He won't even pass the guy on the other side of the ball on Sunday.

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499
    #45

    @the-gipper said:

    Only one flaw in your commentary.....even if Peyton wins he will not be considered the best there ever was. He won't even pass the guy on the other side of the ball on Sunday.

    If Peyton wins it all this year (and that's a big if...but he's getting closer) he will be the only QB to win a super bowl with 2 different teams.

    That would put him up there as one of the greatest of all time.

    Personally Montana would be my greatest ever simply because he never lost...And I'm old enough to have seen Starr,Unitas and Namath play.

    By the way Gipper,didn't Earl Moral come dam close to winning super bowls with two different teams?

    I was thinking he played some in the Colts win over Dallas...and then led the Dolphins all the way to the playoffs but stepped aside when Griese healed up?

  • @the-gipper said:

    BB had one winning season with the Browns...and 4 losing seasons with Bernie and Vinny.

    Montana won with both Walsh and Seifert....and had another good chance with Marty. So I am still inclined to put him in there

    Plus, lets put it this way: If you took Otto Graham and Joe Montana and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Johnny Unitas and said scramble these up any way you like, I think I would be eating some really good eggs.

    I think Bellichik is a good coach. It's too hard to say otherwise.

    New England also has a knack for taking high risk players and settling them down. Like, Blount for example. Bellichik definitely has something to do with that.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @bbedward said:

    I think Bellichik is a good coach. It's too hard to say otherwise.

    New England also has a knack for taking high risk players and settling them down. Like, Blount for example. Bellichik definitely has something to do with that.

    Bill Belichick is a Benifactor of Tom Brady...without brady...belichump is a loser.

  • @bbedward said:

    I think Bellichik is a good coach. It's too hard to say otherwise.

    New England also has a knack for taking high risk players and settling them down. Like, Blount for example. Bellichik definitely has something to do with that.

    Bill Belichick is a Benifactor of Tom Brady...without brady...belichump is a loser.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @nickers said:

    Bill Belichick is a Benifactor of Tom Brady...without brady...belichump is a loser.

    wrong.

  • @nickers said:

    Bill Belichick is a Benifactor of Tom Brady...without brady...belichump is a loser.

    wrong.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @miktoxic said:

    wrong.

    Nope...your wrong...you always are 😛

  • @miktoxic said:

    wrong.

    Nope...your wrong...you always are 😛

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @nickers said:

    Nope...your wrong...you always are 😛

    Saying Bellichik is a chump is the most ridiculous statement I keep reading here.

  • @nickers said:

    Nope...your wrong...you always are 😛

    Saying Bellichik is a chump is the most ridiculous statement I keep reading here.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @bbedward said:

    Saying Bellichik is a chump is the most ridiculous statement I keep reading here.

    Why?...because it's true?

  • @bigbaddawgjr said:

    How about bringing back some history. Bring back Marty ball. Marty was a good coach just could not get us pass the playoffs, but I would love to be in the playoffs again.

    i'd bring him back in a second if he wasn't 80 yers old.

    talk about dying on the job.

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @miktoxic said:

    i'd bring him back in a second if he wasn't 80 yers old.

    talk about dying on the job.

    Heard Schottenhiemer just bought a cemetery plot in Strongsville

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #52

    😆😆😆😆

    the strongsville thing never gets old.

  • You want a QB to win you a game? If you take Peyton and I take Brady, I like my chances

    How convenient. They both want to win a game 3:00 Sunday.

    Zombo

    **For the record, Denver was 31st in pass offense the year before Manning ... #1 Now.

    ***Also for the record, that "flop" Belichick started off slow, but he had the Browns in the playoffs at 11-5 the year before Art pulled the rug. He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Zombo said:

    How convenient. They both want to win a game 3:00 Sunday.

    Zombo

    **For the record, Denver was 31st in pass offense the year before Manning ... #1 Now.

    ***Also for the record, that "flop" Belichick started off slow, but he had the Browns in the playoffs at 11-5 the year before Art pulled the rug. He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

    Brady > Manning. If u don't see that than bias really plays into it.
  • Zombo said:

    How convenient. They both want to win a game 3:00 Sunday.

    Zombo

    **For the record, Denver was 31st in pass offense the year before Manning ... #1 Now.

    ***Also for the record, that "flop" Belichick started off slow, but he had the Browns in the playoffs at 11-5 the year before Art pulled the rug. He also went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.

    Brady > Manning. If u don't see that than bias really plays into it.
    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @cdl15 said:

    Brady > Manning. If u don't see that than bias really plays into it.

    What kind of bias? I have no real rooting interest for or against either of them their entire careers. I like them both a lot, actually. I'm just saying my eyes have seen a LOT of football games, and Manning has been the best at his position I have ever seen.

    The other guys that picked him as MVP and All Pro more than twice as many times as Brady must have been feeling the same thing.

    Zombo

  • @cdl15 said:

    Brady > Manning. If u don't see that than bias really plays into it.

    What kind of bias? I have no real rooting interest for or against either of them their entire careers. I like them both a lot, actually. I'm just saying my eyes have seen a LOT of football games, and Manning has been the best at his position I have ever seen.

    The other guys that picked him as MVP and All Pro more than twice as many times as Brady must have been feeling the same thing.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #55

    Zombo said:

    What kind of bias?

    The kind where you disagree with him...

    Since he is perfectly objective... if you disagree, you must, by definition, be biased.

    It's the transitive property of Bullshit... or some such thing....

  • Zombo said:

    What kind of bias?

    The kind where you disagree with him...

    Since he is perfectly objective... if you disagree, you must, by definition, be biased.

    It's the transitive property of Bullshit... or some such thing....

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @tour2ma said:

    The kind where you disagree with him...

    Since he is perfectly objective... if you disagree, you must, by defintajn, be biased.

    It's the transitive property of Bullshit... or some such thisuperbowl..

    no Hes just disagreeing with facts. Best REGULAR SEASON QB EVER I'd give u that. But to say best ever at his position when he doesn't even have a winning record in the playoffs is just ignorant. Especially when ur comparison is to the guy whom has more wins when it really matters in football.

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

  • @tour2ma said:

    The kind where you disagree with him...

    Since he is perfectly objective... if you disagree, you must, by defintajn, be biased.

    It's the transitive property of Bullshit... or some such thisuperbowl..

    no Hes just disagreeing with facts. Best REGULAR SEASON QB EVER I'd give u that. But to say best ever at his position when he doesn't even have a winning record in the playoffs is just ignorant. Especially when ur comparison is to the guy whom has more wins when it really matters in football.

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @cdl15 said:

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

    So if you're starting a football team and you have to choose between Trent Dilfer or Dan Marino

    YOU are choosing Dilfer...Based on your criteria

    Good Luck with that analogy

  • @tour2ma said:

    The kind where you disagree with him...

    Since he is perfectly objective... if you disagree, you must, by defintajn, be biased.

    It's the transitive property of Bullshit... or some such thisuperbowl..

    no Hes just disagreeing with facts. Best REGULAR SEASON QB EVER I'd give u that. But to say best ever at his position when he doesn't even have a winning record in the playoffs is just ignorant. Especially when ur comparison is to the guy whom has more wins when it really matters in football.

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @cdl15 said:

    no Hes just disagreeing with facts. Best REGULAR SEASON QB EVER I'd give u that. But to say best ever at his position when he doesn't even have a winning record in the playoffs is just ignorant. Especially when ur comparison is to the guy whom has more wins when it really matters in football.

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

    did you really believe that when typing it?....wow.
  • @cdl15 said:

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

    So if you're starting a football team and you have to choose between Trent Dilfer or Dan Marino

    YOU are choosing Dilfer...Based on your criteria

    Good Luck with that analogy

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @brownb499 said:

    So if you're starting a football team and you have to choose between Trent Dilfer or Dan MarinoYOU are choosing Dilfer...Based on your criteriaGood Luck with that analogy

    I'll take the superbowl. For sure
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #60
  • @tour2ma said:

    The kind where you disagree with him...

    Since he is perfectly objective... if you disagree, you must, by defintajn, be biased.

    It's the transitive property of Bullshit... or some such thisuperbowl..

    no Hes just disagreeing with facts. Best REGULAR SEASON QB EVER I'd give u that. But to say best ever at his position when he doesn't even have a winning record in the playoffs is just ignorant. Especially when ur comparison is to the guy whom has more wins when it really matters in football.

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @cdl15 said:

    no Hes just disagreeing with facts. Best REGULAR SEASON QB EVER I'd give u that. But to say best ever at his position when he doesn't even have a winning record in the playoffs is just ignorant. Especially when ur comparison is to the guy whom has more wins when it really matters in football.

    Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

    HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

    Well, you sure do make it simple for yourself. Probably necessary.

    I think I got this.

    Eli Manning > Peyton Manning

    Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino

    Jeff Hostetler > Dan Fouts.

    Does this apply to other positions too?

    James Starks > Barry Sanders

    Antowain Smith > Jim Brown

    I'm sure you know that Tom Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl in ten years. Largely because during that ten year span, the great Eli Manning entered the league and beat down Brady twice. I guess that is because Eli is now the Greatest QB in the League ... because Tom Brady can't beat him in the only game that counts.

    Zombo

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Bump.

    Z

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #63

    looks like the best QB won today.