Skip to content

So is it time for concern?

The Browns Board
68 31 3.4k
  • If Gase and Quinn both turn down the Browns I don't think Haslam has has any options left.The only thing he could possibly do to bring back the fans and respectability is to throw a boatload of money at John Gruden, or a Bill Cowher and fire the other 2 Studges. If in his words money isn't an issue, he's running out of options.

  • @d-bone said:

    Yep, Jimmy has done, or more accurately let someone else do, what even Art Modell couldn't do to me. Suck the brown and orange right out of me. I almost don't care anymore and that sucks.

    Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

    @nickers said:

    Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

    Not.

  • Best option - Dan Quinn

    Worst option - McDaniels puts his name back in the running.

    Other options - Mike Munchak. Mike Pettine. Rich Bisaccia. We interview/hire Fangio or Roman.

    None of these hires appear that great, but none are that bad. There are plenty of potential assistant coaches available to fill out our staff. "The sky is falling" view is a little overblown. Has anything really changed since day 1 of our coaching search? We lost Norv and Horton who were both as good as gone anyway, and according to the media McDaniels and Gase are gone. We missed out on Whisenhunt - who our FO obviously doesn't like anyway, and I don't blame them. Who else? Zimmer? Caldwell? O'brien? Jay Gruden?

    We'll find our coach... will it be an upgrade over Chud? Probably... Will it be a great hire for the future of the Browns? Not sure at this point, but there are still good candidates available.

  • I think our patience as fans is being worn thin. With losing seasons and always seems we are always outside looking in and watching other teams doing good things. This situation is another thing that makes us seem not to have hope. Again.

  • let me rephrase that. Makes ME not US.

  • It was time for concern when they geared up towards competing in 2014 and fired the coach before that season occurred. Just when you think Browns management cant get worse it invariably does. The Three Stooges would likely be a better alternative to our trio of goofs.

  • One thing we may need to remember. Haslam is an inexperienced NFL good ole boy owner who relied on league to provide help to secure a front office. If a business executive isn't getting results , he's not going to hang around more than a year. (I'm grasping at anything I can to help justify the situation we're in even if I don't really believe it)

  • They give a player three weeks removed from the looney bin a big fat contract with years? Yea, Im starting to get fuckin concerned. Looks like Haz/FO have shot themselves in the foot again in the midst of the coach that saved Cleveland journey. Time to roll the dice again since the coaching market is getting thin. Gonna be interesting Thank Christ Browns have some cap money and a bunch of draft picks

    btw admin.. why doesn't board support IE11 anymore

  • If Chud was so bad.....and it was obvious that he was not "the guy"....why didn't they fire him before the end of the season, and put Turner in as interim HC? That would have made a statement to the fans that it was not acceptable. Every move this management makes, represents them as bigger idiots than ever. I've tried to think positive...."maybe they had it planned this way all along"....."maybe Chud did something we don't know about".... I'm running out of excuses here.

  • @d-bone said:

    Yep, Jimmy has done, or more accurately let someone else do, what even Art Modell couldn't do to me. Suck the brown and orange right out of me. I almost don't care anymore and that sucks.

    Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

    @nickers said:

    Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

    Sadly, you are correct.

  • So what's the status on these stadium renovations?

  • @d-bone said:

    Yep, Jimmy has done, or more accurately let someone else do, what even Art Modell couldn't do to me. Suck the brown and orange right out of me. I almost don't care anymore and that sucks.

    Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

    @nickers said:

    Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy their way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

    Sure, that's why Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium upgrades, so he can move the team to LA. Kindly get real. Even for a billionaire, that's not exactly chump change.

    @cuwoohio said:

    One thing we may need to remember. Haslam is an inexperienced NFL good ole boy owner who relied on help from the league to secure a front office. If a business executive isn't getting results , he's not going to hang around more than a year. (I'm grasping at anything I can to help justify the situation we're in even if I don't really believe it)

    The red is better phrased. And I think you're in a large part right. This is Holmgren part 2. Haslam liked Banner, and then Bummer brings in all his old pals to work for him.

  • Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

    The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

    Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

    I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

    That sucks in anybodys book.

  • Give Bernie fuckin' Kosar an interim head coach position. Why not? See how he does.

  • Quite frankly, I blew past concerned long ago.

    I am seeing NOTHING from this team/FO that gives me hope.

    Full-blown despair, baby.

  • Haslam can make things right. I am sure he doesn't want more egg on his face after the flying J thing. Might as well call him omelet face if he doesn't.

  • Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

    The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

    Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

    I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

    That sucks in anybodys book.

    @ballpeen said:

    Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

    The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

    Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

    I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

    That sucks in anybodys book.

    80% of those "players" didn't belong on a NFL field..

  • Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

    The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

    Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

    I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

    That sucks in anybodys book.

    @ballpeen said:

    Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

    The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

    Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

    I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

    That sucks in anybodys book.

    Wow, really?? "Not time for concern"? I hope I'm not around when it finally is "time for concern" in your eyes.

  • Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

    The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

    Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

    I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

    That sucks in anybodys book.

    @ballpeen said:

    Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

    The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

    Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

    I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

    That sucks in anybodys book.

    @d-bone said:

    Wow, really?? "Not time for concern"? I hope I'm not around when it finally is "time for concern" in your eyes.

    I was going to post something similar.