"It's a passing league"
-
I'm actually one that believe Manziel will struggle if he lands in Cleveland. In a team that has a better defense and coaching staff in place, i think he have a higher chance to succeed. The only QB in this draft that can come into Cleveland and be up and running quickly is Bridgewater simply because he's been running a pro-style offense for 2 years at Lousville. Would i like them to trade up to grab Bridgewater, NO. I would spread rumors of hyping Manziel and Bridgewater (no first round grade) and prays Bridgewater will fall to us at 4.
I'm also am not fond of Manziel's running style.
Yes, it's exciting but there's wrecknessless. His high INT is also a concern. He has a tendency to throw one up for grab.
I'm actually one that believe Manziel will struggle if he lands in Cleveland. In a team that has a better defense and coaching staff in place, i think he have a higher chance to succeed. The only QB in this draft that can come into Cleveland and be up and running quickly is Bridgewater simply because he's been running a pro-style offense for 2 years at Lousville.
That's assuming we run a pro style offense. I personally think Bortles would have the most success here simply because of his body style. He's a clone of Ben and could withstand the punishment of playing in the AFC North more than Manziel or Bridgewater.
-
I'm actually one that believe Manziel will struggle if he lands in Cleveland. In a team that has a better defense and coaching staff in place, i think he have a higher chance to succeed. The only QB in this draft that can come into Cleveland and be up and running quickly is Bridgewater simply because he's been running a pro-style offense for 2 years at Lousville.
That's assuming we run a pro style offense. I personally think Bortles would have the most success here simply because of his body style. He's a clone of Ben and could withstand the punishment of playing in the AFC North more than Manziel or Bridgewater.
That's assuming we run a pro style offense. I personally think Bortles would have the most success here simply because of his body style. He's a clone of Ben and could withstand the punishment of playing in the AFC North more than Manziel or Bridgewater.
Correct.
I would like them to take Bortles before Manziel...but not at the 4th spot. There are game changing players with elite skillset at the 4th spot.
Clowney & Barr have the potential be be defensive anchor players for the next 5-10 years. That's what we need in the AFC North.
And when i talk about pro-style offense, i'm taking about reading defenses and going through his progressions. There's a stat out there that i saw which indicated that Manziel threw 78% of his passes to his primary read. Bridgewater have a very high % of passes to his 2nd, 3rd and 4th option.
-
That's assuming we run a pro style offense. I personally think Bortles would have the most success here simply because of his body style. He's a clone of Ben and could withstand the punishment of playing in the AFC North more than Manziel or Bridgewater.
Correct.
I would like them to take Bortles before Manziel...but not at the 4th spot. There are game changing players with elite skillset at the 4th spot.
Clowney & Barr have the potential be be defensive anchor players for the next 5-10 years. That's what we need in the AFC North.
And when i talk about pro-style offense, i'm taking about reading defenses and going through his progressions. There's a stat out there that i saw which indicated that Manziel threw 78% of his passes to his primary read. Bridgewater have a very high % of passes to his 2nd, 3rd and 4th option.
Clowney is just as much of a risk as Manziel, with less benefit. Even the best DE/OLB is only a piece of the puzzle, defensively. Two or three sacks and 15 tackles is a lock for the HOF, and that's only half as valuable as what a franchise quarterback brings.Correct.
I would like them to take Bortles before Manziel...but not at the 4th spot. There are game changing players with elite skillset at the 4th spot.
Clowney & Barr have the potential be be defensive anchor players for the next 5-10 years. That's what we need in the AFC North.
I live in Gamecock country. My friends are alums. I've met Clowney. Ive watched him practice and play throughout high school and college. I know what he's capable of. I also know that he's just as capable of letting it get to his head and taking plays off. He gives 100% on three or four plays per extended drive and goes on autopilot the rest of the time.
He's not nearly as much of a sure prospect as some would have you believe.
-
I would gamble on a freak of nature (Clowney), than an undersize QB.
But that's just me.
-
I would gamble on a freak of nature (Clowney), than an undersize QB.
But that's just me.
I would gamble on a freak of nature (Clowney), than an undersize QB.
But that's just me.
I'd gamble on a twice nominated and once winning Heisman trophy quarterback over a defensive end.
But that's just me.
-
It's a "pass the dutchie" league ... since the only two states to legalize pot are going to the Super Bowl. Ohio better get to work.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It's a "pass the dutchie" league ... since the only two states to legalize pot are going to the Super Bowl. Ohio better get to work.
Zombo
Interesting that that is the case. I am sure that Kasich will get right on that...right after they pass the gay marriage act.
-
It's a "pass the dutchie" league ... since the only two states to legalize pot are going to the Super Bowl. Ohio better get to work.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It's a "pass the dutchie" league ... since the only two states to legalize pot are going to the Super Bowl. Ohio better get to work.
Zombo
Genius. Pass the law, and it's Browns vs. Bengals in the AFC Championship next year... And, fast food sales triple across the state...
-
I would gamble on a freak of nature (Clowney), than an undersize QB.
But that's just me.
I'd gamble on a twice nominated and once winning Heisman trophy quarterback over a defensive end.
But that's just me.
I'd gamble on a twice nominated and once winning Heisman trophy quarterback over a defensive end.
But that's just me.
For the 4th pick in the draft I personally would prefer we take Sammy Watkins. He looks to be as high reward low risk as it gets. I know that takes us out of contention for what most people consider the top 3 QB prospects but I think the for risk / reward Garropolo or Mettenberger developing behind Hoyer is a solid plan and achievable in the 2nd to 3rd round. I suspect Garropolo stock will continue to soar and might even make it to the bottom of the 1st?
-
I'd gamble on a twice nominated and once winning Heisman trophy quarterback over a defensive end.
But that's just me.
For the 4th pick in the draft I personally would prefer we take Sammy Watkins. He looks to be as high reward low risk as it gets. I know that takes us out of contention for what most people consider the top 3 QB prospects but I think the for risk / reward Garropolo or Mettenberger developing behind Hoyer is a solid plan and achievable in the 2nd to 3rd round. I suspect Garropolo stock will continue to soar and might even make it to the bottom of the 1st?
-
I'm actually one that believe Manziel will struggle if he lands in Cleveland. In a team that has a better defense and coaching staff in place, i think he have a higher chance to succeed. The only QB in this draft that can come into Cleveland and be up and running quickly is Bridgewater simply because he's been running a pro-style offense for 2 years at Lousville. Would i like them to trade up to grab Bridgewater, NO. I would spread rumors of hyping Manziel and Bridgewater (no first round grade) and prays Bridgewater will fall to us at 4.
I'm also am not fond of Manziel's running style.
Yes, it's exciting but there's wrecknessless. His high INT is also a concern. He has a tendency to throw one up for grab.
I'm also am not fond of Manziel's running style.
Yes, it's exciting but there's recklessness. His high INT is also a concern. He has a tendency to throw one up for grab.
The more I watch of Manziel, the more I agree with that. His running style sooner or later is going to land him with a big hit in the NFL. Or scrambling around right into a linebacker coming at him full tilt.
-
That's what I'm saying TC- a mobile qb is fine, it's becoming more and more of a necessity. Manning and Brady may be the last of that genre. I'll take a Kapernic or a Wilson good @ 4- Manziel is not either of them. He might (possibly) have the passing ability, but IMHO he doesn't have the frame to stay healthy if he takes off running on a consistent basis.
Yeah- so how about Bortles @ 4, and Tre Mason with the second first rounder? I can even live with Watkins, and then Carr or Mason, and\or take Garrapolo in the second round. IMHO a stud run blocking OG should be high on the Browns shopping list- Pinkston and Lavaou suck.
Manziel is two inches taller and 5 pounds heavier than Wilson. My bet is he'll measure in at 6'0 3/4" and 212 lbs at the Combine.
I'm just as scared, but I'm warming up to Manziel. Obviously, I would love Bortles. But I can see the Manziel appeal now. People don't realize that Manziel has very similar strengths as Wilson, passing wise. He's not a schlub at throwing.
Manziel is two inches taller and 5 pounds heavier than Wilson. My bet is he'll measure in at 6'0 3/4" and 212 lbs at the Combine.
I'm just as scared, but I'm warming up to Manziel. Obviously, I would love Bortles. But I can see the Manziel appeal now. People don't realize that Manziel has very similar strengths as Wilson, passing wise. He's not a schlub at throwing.
That's assuming he shows up. Combine? I don't need no damn combine, I'm JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL
!!!! Or you forget he blew off Manning's Camp? If you're not concerned about off-field crap he's pulled, maybe you should be. -
I still think Manziel would be in the wrong division, wrong weather.
He can only do the things he does if he has a dome, or plays all
home games in nice weather.
I don't see it. He's a great, really great college qb at improvising.
But kinda like a lot of players have said - in the NFL, every single player
you face was also a "great" college player. I don't think Manziel is a good fit
for the Browns. But the chance he'd pull an "Eli" is pretty strong.
Hell, coaches don't want to come to the Browns now, some won't even interview.
Not a stretch that college players would rather play for a respectable NFL organization
without having a new coach every single year... .....Haslam... you listenin?
-
Zombo said:
It's a "pass the dutchie" league ... since the only two states to legalize pot are going to the Super Bowl. Ohio better get to work.
Zombo
Genius. Pass the law, and it's Browns vs. Bengals in the AFC Championship next year... And, fast food sales triple across the state...
-
I'm also am not fond of Manziel's running style.
Yes, it's exciting but there's recklessness. His high INT is also a concern. He has a tendency to throw one up for grab.
The more I watch of Manziel, the more I agree with that. His running style sooner or later is going to land him with a big hit in the NFL. Or scrambling around right into a linebacker coming at him full tilt.
The more I watch of Manziel, the more I agree with that. His running style sooner or later is going to land him with a big hit in the NFL. Or scrambling around right into a linebacker coming at him full tilt.
There's NO ONE better at escaping presssure than M. Vick and the reason M. Vick never turn out to be a good passer or QB in this league is because of his 'freakish' physical ability. Instead of making the proper reads and going through his pass progressions, he will tuck it away and run. Yes, it's exicting, yes it 'can' move the chains, 'yes' you can win some games BUT in the long run he will not progress as a passing QB. His ceiling looks high but it really isn't.
I've been reading that 'Manziel' have the highest risk and the highest ceiling. That's pure BS and frabrication of folks that don't understand this new 'passing' NFL. The highest ceiling and standard in the NFL are the Payton Manning, Brees, Brady & A. Rodgers. Guys that can throw for 5,000 yards and 45+ TD a season with less than 30-50 rushing yards. Can anyone truly think Manziel could be a pure pocket passer like these 4 guys? No way...not with the way he runs around. His greatest ability will also be his greatest liability. And stop with this college awards stuff, College numbers means NOTHING in the NFL. The game is different. When was the last time a heisman trophy winner did anything in the NFL?
-
The more I watch of Manziel, the more I agree with that. His running style sooner or later is going to land him with a big hit in the NFL. Or scrambling around right into a linebacker coming at him full tilt.
There's NO ONE better at escaping presssure than M. Vick and the reason M. Vick never turn out to be a good passer or QB in this league is because of his 'freakish' physical ability. Instead of making the proper reads and going through his pass progressions, he will tuck it away and run. Yes, it's exicting, yes it 'can' move the chains, 'yes' you can win some games BUT in the long run he will not progress as a passing QB. His ceiling looks high but it really isn't.
I've been reading that 'Manziel' have the highest risk and the highest ceiling. That's pure BS and frabrication of folks that don't understand this new 'passing' NFL. The highest ceiling and standard in the NFL are the Payton Manning, Brees, Brady & A. Rodgers. Guys that can throw for 5,000 yards and 45+ TD a season with less than 30-50 rushing yards. Can anyone truly think Manziel could be a pure pocket passer like these 4 guys? No way...not with the way he runs around. His greatest ability will also be his greatest liability. And stop with this college awards stuff, College numbers means NOTHING in the NFL. The game is different. When was the last time a heisman trophy winner did anything in the NFL?
I won't disqualify someone because they won the heisman and heisman winners haven't had HoF NFL careers lately.There's NO ONE better at escaping M. Vick and the reason M. Vick never turn out to be a good passer or QB in this league is because of his 'freakish' physical ability. Instead of making the proper reads and going through his pass progressions, he will tuck it away and run. Yes, it's exicting, yes it 'can' move the chains, 'yes' you can win some games BUT in the long run he will not progress as a passing QB. His ceiling looks high but it really isn't.
I've been reading that 'Manziel' have the highest risk and the highest ceiling. That's pure BS and frabrication of folks that don't understand this new 'passing' NFL. The highest ceiling and standard in the NFL are the Payton Manning, Brees, Brady & A. Rodgers. Guys that can throw for 5,000 yards and 45+ TD a season with less than 30-50 rushing yards. Can anyone truly think Manziel could be a pure pocket passer like these 4 guys? No way...not with the way he runs around. His greatest ability will also be his greatest liability. And stop with this college awards stuff, College numbers means NOTHING in the NFL. The game is different. When was the last time a heisman trophy winner did anything in the NFL?
Most of the heisman winners are QBs, and good NFL QBs don't come out of every draft too often. (Last winner I'd happily take is Cam Newton)
Since 2010, QBs I like are: Mallet/Cam/Luck/Wilson/Foles/Kaep/Cousins.
That's like 7/51.
If you went back 3 more years, there's maybe 2-3 more with Matt Ryan being the best.
The odds aren't good regardless to find a QB who will be successful in the NFL.
And Vick is ok, but he can't play a 16 game season.
Apparently Ozzie thinks Bridgewater is a good prospect. That's good enough for me.
-
Manziel is two inches taller and 5 pounds heavier than Wilson. My bet is he'll measure in at 6'0 3/4" and 212 lbs at the Combine.
I'm just as scared, but I'm warming up to Manziel. Obviously, I would love Bortles. But I can see the Manziel appeal now. People don't realize that Manziel has very similar strengths as Wilson, passing wise. He's not a schlub at throwing.
That's assuming he shows up. Combine? I don't need no damn combine, I'm JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL
!!!! Or you forget he blew off Manning's Camp? If you're not concerned about off-field crap he's pulled, maybe you should be.That's assuming he shows up. Combine? I don't need no damn combine, I'm JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL
!!!! Or you forget he blew off Manning's Camp? If you're not concerned about off-field crap he's pulled, maybe you should be.Or maybe you shouldn't be.
You're putting too much stock into a 20 year old Heisman trophy winner going out and getting drunk. Guess what? Every 20 year old goes out and gets drunk. He just does it better than everyone else.
You're crazy if you think he doesn't show up to the combine.
-

-
That's assuming he shows up. Combine? I don't need no damn combine, I'm JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL
!!!! Or you forget he blew off Manning's Camp? If you're not concerned about off-field crap he's pulled, maybe you should be.Or maybe you shouldn't be.
You're putting too much stock into a 20 year old Heisman trophy winner going out and getting drunk. Guess what? Every 20 year old goes out and gets drunk. He just does it better than everyone else.
You're crazy if you think he doesn't show up to the combine.
Or maybe you shouldn't be.
You're putting too much stock into a 20 year old Heisman trophy winner going out and getting drunk. Guess what? Every 20 year old goes out and gets drunk. He just does it better than everyone else.
You're crazy if you think he doesn't show up to the combine.
I was yanking your chain about not showing up at the combine- but not about his (bad) off-field attitude. He blew off Payton Manning, I don't care if he had a hangover or not. The copyright stuff and other incidents warn me beware of a premature Fat Head. Might just be a severe lack of maturity- or maybe not. The short list of college qb party-hearties that made it big in the NFL start and end with Dan Marino.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login