Skip to content

Love This

The Browns Board
65 26 3.3k
  • @bbedward said:

    OK. So if you were an NFL player that made the game winning play 1 minute prior that sends your team to the SB you would be calm and monotone.

    He didn't say anything profane or bad, so it's fine.

    That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy and even yelling, but I'd repeat 100 times that a sign of being truly great is being humble off the field. I'd bet my left nut that if Peyton had a feud with Sherman and threw the game winning TD on him he wouldn't act that way. It's not a crazy concept, and Sherman has plenty of time to figure it out.

    I don't disagree with what Mikey said there either. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me personally what the guy said. I'd take Sherman on the Browns in a heartbeat.

    @jrb12711 said:

    That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy and even yelling, but I'd repeat 100 times that a sign of being truly great is being humble off the field. I'd bet my left nut that if Peyton had a feud with Sherman and threw the game winning TD on him he wouldn't act that way. It's not a crazy concept, and Sherman has plenty of time to figure it out.

    I don't disagree with what Mikey said there either. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me personally what the guy said. I'd take Sherman on the Browns in a heartbeat.

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy and even yelling, but I'd repeat 100 times that a sign of being truly great is being humble off the field. I'd bet my left nut that if Peyton had a feud with Sherman and threw the game winning TD on him he wouldn't act that way. It's not a crazy concept, and Sherman has plenty of time to figure it out.

    I don't disagree with what Mikey said there either. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me personally what the guy said. I'd take Sherman on the Browns in a heartbeat.

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

    Not to mention that Peyton's demeanor, although classy, has won him 1 super bowl... thats it.

  • β€œErin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had freekin Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.”

  • I LOVE THIS GUY! seriously people are just too shocked to hear this man speak the truth to actually listen to what he is saying. He would be a better GM than Lombardi or Banner... sadly

  • The guy can take a punch

  • I agree hes a great player but think he showed a lack of class.Like someone said lets say manning thows the winning td in super bowl and lets say he throws it shermans way. Do you think manning in post game interview would talk like some classless thug? Maybe crabtree had said something but a man with class would LAUGH it off and be happy headed to the super bowl.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy and even yelling, but I'd repeat 100 times that a sign of being truly great is being humble off the field. I'd bet my left nut that if Peyton had a feud with Sherman and threw the game winning TD on him he wouldn't act that way. It's not a crazy concept, and Sherman has plenty of time to figure it out.

    I don't disagree with what Mikey said there either. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me personally what the guy said. I'd take Sherman on the Browns in a heartbeat.

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

    That still doesn't mean you can be humble about being a great player. The 'beef' between Crabtree and Sherman is shit we dealt with in high school, and he's acting like it too in a lot of ways. Again, I'm fine with the guy being fired up but there's a line you gotta walk as a pro player. Nothing will change my mind about that, there's a difference in having swagger and just acting like a douche.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

    That still doesn't mean you can be humble about being a great player. The 'beef' between Crabtree and Sherman is shit we dealt with in high school, and he's acting like it too in a lot of ways. Again, I'm fine with the guy being fired up but there's a line you gotta walk as a pro player. Nothing will change my mind about that, there's a difference in having swagger and just acting like a douche.

    @jrb12711 said:

    That still doesn't mean you can be humble about being a great player. The 'beef' between Crabtree and Sherman is shit we dealt with in high school, and he's acting like it too in a lot of ways. Again, I'm fine with the guy being fired up but there's a line you gotta walk as a pro player. Nothing will change my mind about that, there's a difference in having swagger and just acting like a douche.

    I doubt Sherman really cares about trying to change your mind.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    That still doesn't mean you can be humble about being a great player. The 'beef' between Crabtree and Sherman is shit we dealt with in high school, and he's acting like it too in a lot of ways. Again, I'm fine with the guy being fired up but there's a line you gotta walk as a pro player. Nothing will change my mind about that, there's a difference in having swagger and just acting like a douche.

    I doubt Sherman really cares about trying to change your mind.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I doubt Sherman really cares about trying to change your mind.

    He cared enough to respond publicly about it so obviously the organization or his 'haters' got to him. Also, plenty of sports people across the board have been saying the same thing I've said here. Pete Carroll on a radio show said in a different way what I said here. It's not a crazy concept. I could literally care less in the long run about this, but I just hope he clears it up moving forward. I actually like Sherman and respect how he plays against rules basically all against CB's in the NFL.

    The last thing I'll say about this whole thing is there's a gigantic difference between confidence and humility. Sherman has all confidence in the world and I applaud him for that.

  • Yeah, I mean, I don't hate him for this, but it certainly doesn't make me like him any more, and it may even make me like him less. Fired up before and during the game is great. Super pumped about a great play is great. Winning the NFC championship and the major thing on your mind is that some guy said something that hurt your feelings? Grow up a little bit. You had a great game, you had a great play, you're headed to the SB, so be excited. Don't let what Michael Crabtree said about you be more important to you than the wonderful moment you should be enjoying.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I doubt Sherman really cares about trying to change your mind.

    He cared enough to respond publicly about it so obviously the organization or his 'haters' got to him. Also, plenty of sports people across the board have been saying the same thing I've said here. Pete Carroll on a radio show said in a different way what I said here. It's not a crazy concept. I could literally care less in the long run about this, but I just hope he clears it up moving forward. I actually like Sherman and respect how he plays against rules basically all against CB's in the NFL.

    The last thing I'll say about this whole thing is there's a gigantic difference between confidence and humility. Sherman has all confidence in the world and I applaud him for that.

    @jrb12711 said:

    He cared enough to respond publicly about it so obviously the organization or his 'haters' got to him. Also, plenty of sports people across the board have been saying the same thing I've said here. Pete Carroll on a radio show said in a different way what I said here. It's not a crazy concept. I could literally care less in the long run about this, but I just hope he clears it up moving forward. I actually like Sherman and respect how he plays against rules basically all against CB's in the NFL.

    The last thing I'll say about this whole thing is there's a gigantic difference between confidence and humility. Sherman has all confidence in the world and I applaud him for that.

    I doubt "haters" got to him. More like his PR person did.

    People are just pussies nowadays.

  • Classic comment!!!:

    There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

    πŸ˜† :lol: πŸ˜† :lol: πŸ˜† :lol:

  • Classic comment!!!:

    There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

    πŸ˜† :lol: πŸ˜† :lol: πŸ˜† :lol:

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Classic comment!!!:

    πŸ˜† :lol: πŸ˜† :lol: πŸ˜† :lol:

    At least the league respects Gordon. That's one highlight of this season at least. Although Lombardi was wrong about him when he worked for NFLN so he'll probably trade him for a 2nd rounder.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why bother with such a hypothetical. Why not just ask: would you trade your wife for Kaley Cuoco. Silly to even bother.

    Why spend hours on useless trivia questions that only three people end up answering?

    At least this is about roster management and current NFL players. Stop being a dickbag.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why spend hours on useless trivia questions that only three people end up answering?

    At least this is about roster management and current NFL players. Stop being a dickbag.

    Because it is fun for me and for those who participate....and because it demonstrates that by your lack of participation that you know diddly squat about what fans actually care about football.

    Which you don't. You think you know football because maybe you played it once? So did I, in my backyard.

    But, we are fans. Not coaches, not players. Fans.

    Besides.....the trivia deals with facts......not silly "what ifs".

    Like....lets propose a trade of a 7th round pick and Brandon Weeden for Aaron Rodgers.

    Do YOU really think that such a thing merits discussion?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy and even yelling, but I'd repeat 100 times that a sign of being truly great is being humble off the field. I'd bet my left nut that if Peyton had a feud with Sherman and threw the game winning TD on him he wouldn't act that way. It's not a crazy concept, and Sherman has plenty of time to figure it out.

    I don't disagree with what Mikey said there either. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me personally what the guy said. I'd take Sherman on the Browns in a heartbeat.

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

    You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

    Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

    No they don't. They just have to play well. There temperament can be irrelevent. A defender can play well if he is calm, cool, and collected.....or, maybe some others do need to get fired up. Either way, play well, do the job.

  • @roycerolls said:

    1014371_10101012587578562_1779820661_n.j

    That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while, nearly spit up my drink!

  • Thank you everyone who replied!

    If I had the option of tading Keenan Lewis for Sherman, I would not.

    Sherm's demenor and sportsmanship is horrible, frankly great CBs shouldn't rely on so much PI and illegal contac to be good.

  • @asb81689 said:

    Hi there,

    Yup, just a straight up trade. All hypothetical.

    I'm excited for JH in the long run, he has a lot of talent.

    Why bother with such a hypothetical. Why not just ask: would you trade your wife for Kaley Cuoco. Silly to even bother.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why bother with such a hypothetical. Why not just ask: would you trade your wife for Kaley Cuoco. Silly to even bother.

    Hey, it helps pass time when it's the offseason for most πŸ˜•

  • Gip, you're an overweight, old judge. Stick to things you know, like sitting in traffic court and being relatively unliked by most of society.

    I don't participate in your trivia because I give zero fucks about who served in the Navy in 1967 and also has the middle name "Herbert". That doesn't help me (or anybody else) win football games. All that does is assure everyone that you don't get laid.

    I am currently a coach. I am still a player. I also have my blog, which has gotten 10,000+ reads since I started it last month with absolutely no advertising help other than word of mouth. I also am a staff writer for another website, which gets 5x that viewership. I was offered an internship for the Atlanta Falcons based on some of the things I posted here I included in my resume. And I will be soon accepting a job with Fox Sports in Charlotte, North Carolina based on my extremely limited portfolio, which shows that I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about.

    So yes, I do know more about football than you. I put my time into this. I spend my free time downloading and watching game film, not Googling what brand of underwear Fran Tarkenton wore in cold weather. I know the differences in terminology, scheme and overall philosophy between an Erhardt-Perkins offense and a Coryell offense. I know the actual reasons behind the phenomenal success of the Seahawks defense. These are the things I spend my time learning.

    I used to shit on Mike about writing for bleacherreport because I was jealous, but now I finally understand what it's like to be on his end of the spectrum. It's immeasurably frustrating putting your time and energy into something and then trying to hold conversation with people who are so adamant that their ill-advised opinions are more important or correct.

    Fans don't care about Bart Starr's Aunt Tilda. Sorry to break it to you.

  • Gip, you're an overweight, old judge. Stick to things you know, like sitting in traffic court and being relatively unliked by most of society.

    I don't participate in your trivia because I give zero fucks about who served in the Navy in 1967 and also has the middle name "Herbert". That doesn't help me (or anybody else) win football games. All that does is assure everyone that you don't get laid.

    I am currently a coach. I am still a player. I also have my blog, which has gotten 10,000+ reads since I started it last month with absolutely no advertising help other than word of mouth. I also am a staff writer for another website, which gets 5x that viewership. I was offered an internship for the Atlanta Falcons based on some of the things I posted here I included in my resume. And I will be soon accepting a job with Fox Sports in Charlotte, North Carolina based on my extremely limited portfolio, which shows that I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about.

    So yes, I do know more about football than you. I put my time into this. I spend my free time downloading and watching game film, not Googling what brand of underwear Fran Tarkenton wore in cold weather. I know the differences in terminology, scheme and overall philosophy between an Erhardt-Perkins offense and a Coryell offense. I know the actual reasons behind the phenomenal success of the Seahawks defense. These are the things I spend my time learning.

    I used to shit on Mike about writing for bleacherreport because I was jealous, but now I finally understand what it's like to be on his end of the spectrum. It's immeasurably frustrating putting your time and energy into something and then trying to hold conversation with people who are so adamant that their ill-advised opinions are more important or correct.

    Fans don't care about Bart Starr's Aunt Tilda. Sorry to break it to you.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Gip, you're an overweight, old judge. Stick to things you know, like sitting in traffic court and being relatively unliked by most of society.

    I don't participate in your trivia because I give zero fucks about who served in the Navy in 1967 and also has the middle name "Herbert". That doesn't help me (or anybody else) win football games. All that does is assure everyone that you don't get laid.

    Fans don't care about Bart Starr's Aunt Tilda. Sorry to break it to you.

    I enjoy the trivia a lot even though I don't usually participate. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can speak for everyone else. Also, posting all the things you did there in order to show off on an internet forum just makes you look a douche. Usually respect what you write here but spouting off things you do is the same shit Ghoolie did and it's pretty pathetic. If you really don't think we're on the same almighty level as you are than don't post, it's not hard. We're casual fans who like to say crazy things on a forum. Sure people say stupid shit but it's all part of being a fan.